Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Gaming > Fifth Generation
Reload this Page B2 W2 [Spoiler]New Gyms? Gym Speculation

Notices
For all updates, view the main page.

Fifth Generation Are Pokémon slaves to humans? Team Plasma thinks so. Travel the Unova region and prove them wrong in Black & White, and then return two years later in Black2 & White2.

Closed Thread

Old May 26th, 2012 (08:34 PM).
The Horoscopical Master

Nature: Quirky
Im convinced that shizui is NOT in undella bay due to that being on the other side of the map from the starter city
Its very unlikely because for you to walk/ride ALL the way over there you would have to battle many trainers thus making your team overleveled
This could work only if Shizui the THIRD gym leader had overpowered pokemon but thats almost impossible considering pokemons gym patterns
His island or port city would have to be on the left side of the map

The Aquarius loves a party. Anytime, anywhere is their motto. It is not unlikely that an Aquarius will consider a wake a good place to meet chicks. Aquarians love to be naked. It is even better if they are naked and crocked. Froot Loops is a very Aquarian cereal. So is Rice Krispies, since it will engage in a friendly chat with the Aquarian as he or she is eating breakfast. Count Chocula is off-limits, however. It belongs to the Scorpios. Aquarians use the phrase "Dude, man..." frequently when describing philosophical concepts. Aquarians have out-of-body experiences on a daily basis. If you are talking to an Aquarian and he or she zones out, consider the conversation hopeless. He or she is talking to the guy three feet away from you. Aquarians are fun because they channel people. Plus, if you tell them to, they will run around naked. Aquarians like astronomy because they've been to all those places. If you want to know what the food is like on Saturn, ask an Aquarius. Aquarians can allow themselves every possible vice on the planet, and don't think twice about it. That is why they piss everyone else off. They are cosmically entitled to do this.
Old May 26th, 2012 (09:31 PM).

Nature: Hasty
Send a message via Skype™ to Xander Olivieri
Quote originally posted by Aquarius1997:
Im convinced that shizui is NOT in undella bay due to that being on the other side of the map from the starter city
Its very unlikely because for you to walk/ride ALL the way over there you would have to battle many trainers thus making your team overleveled
This could work only if Shizui the THIRD gym leader had overpowered pokemon but thats almost impossible considering pokemons gym patterns
His island or port city would have to be on the left side of the map
Getting to Undella from the new starter City is as far as Mistralon City from B/W's City depending on which route we have to take this time. We went Nimbasa, Driftveil, Mistralon in the first games, we could go Nimbasa, BC/WF (Or new city), to Undella.
Old May 27th, 2012 (08:27 AM).
☆ a sky full of stars
Crystal Tier

Quote originally posted by Kenmoor:
Or Shizui's team would consist of random "Fish" Pokemon (hence the netting he carries) such as Magikarp, Seaking, etc.
Or "Deep Sea" Pokemon (he has diving goggles and leg fin thingies...) like Gorebyss (name doesn't suit them imo), Clampearl, or Jellicent.
Or we could screw that idea and just give him 2 Gyarados and a Lapras. Yup.
Not fish, ugh. I'd consider him as important as a random fisher loool.

Gorebyss or Jellicent seem too overpowered for how he looks/where we think he's positioned. XD;
Old May 27th, 2012 (09:17 AM).
10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Silver Tier

Nature: Careful
Well considering his Kyushu dialect and lilipads in gym I really expect Shizui to have Lombre or Ludicolo.
Gorebyss and Jellycent would make nice additions too, I'll like for him to be tough not easy.
Old May 27th, 2012 (11:42 AM).

Nature: Relaxed
Quote originally posted by Magmaruby and Aquasapphire:
Well considering his Kyushu dialect and lilipads in gym I really expect Shizui to have Lombre or Ludicolo.
Gorebyss and Jellycent would make nice additions too, I'll like for him to be tough not easy.
His "Kyushu" dialect? Please explain this.
Well as KingCyndaquil, XanderO, and Requility said that Shizui seems to be at the 3rd/2nd Gym, then Lombre seems to be the most obvious choice for him. I agree that Gym Leaders should be tough and that we should expect a lot from our new Gym Leader but... if he comes out busting loose a Ludicolo... that's for rematches if it comes to that...
Don't know if this post sticks to the thread... feel free to delete!
Old May 27th, 2012 (10:10 PM).

Quote originally posted by Kenmoor:
His "Kyushu" dialect? Please explain this.
Well as KingCyndaquil, XanderO, and Requility said that Shizui seems to be at the 3rd/2nd Gym, then Lombre seems to be the most obvious choice for him. I agree that Gym Leaders should be tough and that we should expect a lot from our new Gym Leader but... if he comes out busting loose a Ludicolo... that's for rematches if it comes to that...
Kyushu in Japan = Hoenn in Pokemon world, it looks like Shizui is from Hoenn.
I don't think Ludicolo would be too tough. It's equally strong like most of other 2nd/3rd Gym Leaders' signature Pokemon.
Old May 27th, 2012 (11:34 PM).
☆ a sky full of stars
Crystal Tier

Yeah Ludicolo certainly doesn't seem that tough, it's just... it doesn't seem like something found early on. On the other hand, Lotad wouldn't really be appropriate but Lombre does seem like a good middle ground.
Old May 28th, 2012 (12:45 AM).
Gold Tier

Nature: Modest
Serebii confirmed that Homika is the second Gym Leader and gives out the Toxic Badge. ~

Serebii
it'll keep you up all night

boy you belong to me
i got the recipe
and it's called black magic

1349 6159 4149 // black magic
Old May 28th, 2012 (12:55 AM).
You Crystal Clods!
Crystal Tier

So, the Gym order so far:
  • Cheren
  • Homika
  • Shizui?
  • Elesa?
  • ????
  • ????
  • ????
  • ????

This is just my prediction. Something tells me Shizui and Elesa will be the 3rd and 4th Gyms.
Old May 28th, 2012 (06:41 AM).
silhouette of the past

Location: Boston, MA, USA, Earth, Sun Solar System, Milky Way Galaxy, Universe
You never know, something like Volkner could happen where you have to wait to battle the gym leader. I don't think it would be as drastic as that, but it will happen with at least one of the gym leaders.
But the more I try to move on, the more I feel alone
So I watch the summer stars to lead me home.

Old May 28th, 2012 (08:21 AM).
Silver Tier

Considering how it's usually the last gym (well RSE had two:Norman and Wallace/Juan) it'll proably be him or her who is restricted. Though come to think about it Unova in BW was quite restricted compared to HgSs. I'm hoping this time around it's not.
If Shizui is the last gym than he'll have a similar position as Wallace/ Juan which if you look at Unova a lot of the gym leaders have positions from previous regions, like Brycen to both Candice and the old guy from Johto. Then there's Skyla who is sixth like Skyla. Also if you switch around Burgh and Lenora's orders you get them to match Bugsy and Witney...seriously GF needs to add dark to add some variety to these gyms.
Old May 28th, 2012 (10:52 AM).

My Gym list kinda looks like:
  • Cheren
  • Homika
  • ????
  • Elesa?
  • ????
  • Shizui?
  • ????
  • ????

As for Homika's Pokemon I'm gunna go double Koffing since its the only confirmed Poison Type early in the game right now.

Cheren I can see Lillipup and Azurill, though he'll most likely have something better than Azurill.

Elesa Going to say she'll have the same Pokemon as in Black and White, if she doesn't then Emolga, Zebstrika, and Pikachu (line)

Shizui...Still want to see the Lotad Line thing cause that would be hilarious XD
Old May 28th, 2012 (11:10 AM).
Silver Tier

I thought that Cheren only had one pokemon, that being Patrat...
I see Homika having Koffin and possibly Scollipede (I know I spelled that wrong) line.
Old May 28th, 2012 (11:20 AM).

I thought that Cheren only had one pokemon, that being Patrat...
I see Homika having Koffin and possibly Scollipede (I know I spelled that wrong) line.
I think one of the Battle screenshots had shown he had two. Though the First Gym Leader has never had 1 Pokemon anyway. Even if its an assumption, its a very safe one.

Homika wouldn't have a Scolipede. At best she'd probably have an underleveled Whirlipede, if not a Venipede. Though that would require them to be around her Gym if they keep the same trend as Black and White. So far Koffing is the only Poison type revealed to be early in the game so I'm just assuming she has two Koffings until I see more Pokemon.
Old May 28th, 2012 (02:05 PM).
coven
Platinum Tier

Nature: Relaxed
So Homika is second we're now figuring out the order, so far I've got:

Cheren
Homika
Shizui
Elesa
(New Leader)
Skyla or a replacement.
Brycen
N or Iris.

My reason for N being a Gym leader is because he played such an important role in Black & White, to just send him off without any relation to B2W2 would be awful. The reason why I think he'd be a gym leader is because I don't see him playing the same role in Team Plasma as he did in BW but more of a changed person after the realisation of his mistakes, I meaan it is 2 years later so anything can happen over that period of time.
Old May 28th, 2012 (02:32 PM).
just a guy
CS

Send a message via Skype™ to Guy
Quote originally posted by Suicune™:

Cheren
Homika
Shizui
Elesa
(New Leader)
Skyla or a replacement.
Brycen
N or Iris.

My reason for N being a Gym leader is because he played such an important role in Black & White, to just send him off without any relation to B2W2 would be awful. The reason why I think he'd be a gym leader is because I don't see him playing the same role in Team Plasma as he did in BW but more of a changed person after the realisation of his mistakes, I meaan it is 2 years later so anything can happen over that period of time.
Not that I wouldn't mind N as a Gym Leader, I actually think it'd be pretty cool, but I don't think N has to have a title role (i.e. Gym Leader, Elite, Frontier Brain, etc.) in B2W2 to play an important part of the game and finish his story from where it left off two years ago in Unova.

No matter what part N plays to the story though, I definitely see him opposing Team Plasma rather than leading them like in Black and White.

That said, I could picture Iris taking full charge of the final gym and Drayden now being either part of the Elite or something bigger. Hey, maybe Drayden might have retired and he and Alder could be chilling out somewhere together soaking in the sun.

After all, it has been two years!
Old May 28th, 2012 (02:37 PM).
Wanderer
Platinum Tier

Nature: Mild
Quote originally posted by Requility:
Yeah Ludicolo certainly doesn't seem that tough, it's just... it doesn't seem like something found early on. On the other hand, Lotad wouldn't really be appropriate but Lombre does seem like a good middle ground.
I don't think Ludicolo would be out of the question either. Lombre evolves a 14 and then all he would need is a Water Stone so Ludicolo would probably be around the mid 20s. Not out of the question since last gen Gardenia had a Roserade and that was at Gym 2. And that was quite the powerful pokemon imo. Then following that Maylene had a Lucario. So with all that I think Ludicolo would be perfectly find pending he is indeed third in line.

Considering how it's usually the last gym (well RSE had two:Norman and Wallace/Juan) it'll proably be him or her who is restricted. Though come to think about it Unova in BW was quite restricted compared to HgSs. I'm hoping this time around it's not.
If Shizui is the last gym than he'll have a similar position as Wallace/ Juan which if you look at Unova a lot of the gym leaders have positions from previous regions, like Brycen to both Candice and the old guy from Johto. Then there's Skyla who is sixth like Skyla. Also if you switch around Burgh and Lenora's orders you get them to match Bugsy and Witney...seriously GF needs to add dark to add some variety to these gyms.
Kind of doubt Shizui is the last gym. If anything I get the feeling it will be Iris. Old guy is Pryce. And the person you called Skyla Skyla is Winona. I have a strong feeling the Burgh may go to Nacrene but position won't be flipped backwards imo.

Quote originally posted by Suicune™:

Cheren
Homika
Shizui
Elesa
(New Leader)
Skyla or a replacement.
Brycen
N or Iris.

Only thing with N is that he is missing. Being a gym leader I don't see how he could be missing if he is the head of a gym. N can still play an important role without being a gym leader. He can be like the Lance and Steven on generations past and assist you against the Plasma factions. Which would lead him to still another pivotal role.

Brian - 0089 1621 6313 - White

Old May 28th, 2012 (09:08 PM).
☆ a sky full of stars
Crystal Tier

Well, I guess with the third place in mind it doesn't seem that bad, just if he was second like we speculated that would be awkward, but given what has happened in the past, yeah it makes sense.

Also I agree. N as a gym leader would make no sense whatsoever. He had practically no interaction with the gym leaders in B/W so kinda giving him that role would seem out of place in comparison to others that may fit better.
Old May 29th, 2012 (05:52 AM).
Silver Tier

N as a gym leader would be wierd, but if so he wouldn't be the first one regarded missing, thoughout RGBFrLg most didn't knew where Giovanni went to.
Also my guess is that the rest of the gym leaders are the old ones returning, though I'm fine with only having 3 or 4 out of the 8 be new.
Old May 29th, 2012 (05:54 AM).
The Horoscopical Master

Shizui is most likely the 5th or 6th gym only because of the sheer distince from the starter city

Elesa is most likely 4th because on the new map it looks two cities/towns from homika's town(the industrial town in the south west

N would NEVER be a gym leader(slap me if he does become one)
He has too big of a role to resort to be just a gym leader

The Aquarius loves a party. Anytime, anywhere is their motto. It is not unlikely that an Aquarius will consider a wake a good place to meet chicks. Aquarians love to be naked. It is even better if they are naked and crocked. Froot Loops is a very Aquarian cereal. So is Rice Krispies, since it will engage in a friendly chat with the Aquarian as he or she is eating breakfast. Count Chocula is off-limits, however. It belongs to the Scorpios. Aquarians use the phrase "Dude, man..." frequently when describing philosophical concepts. Aquarians have out-of-body experiences on a daily basis. If you are talking to an Aquarian and he or she zones out, consider the conversation hopeless. He or she is talking to the guy three feet away from you. Aquarians are fun because they channel people. Plus, if you tell them to, they will run around naked. Aquarians like astronomy because they've been to all those places. If you want to know what the food is like on Saturn, ask an Aquarius. Aquarians can allow themselves every possible vice on the planet, and don't think twice about it. That is why they piss everyone else off. They are cosmically entitled to do this.
Old May 29th, 2012 (06:00 AM).
Silver Tier

N becoming a gym leader would proably end up like Cheren did, lost of epicness...seriously who uses Patrat for a gym battle, he would've been better off using a underleveled Watchog.
Old May 29th, 2012 (01:31 PM).
Resident Peacekeeper

Nature: Modest
Here's my thoughts on what the gym leaders should be ordered:

1.) Cheren
2.) Homika
3.)Shizui?
4.)Elesa
5.)Clay?
6.)Skyla
7.)Brycen
8.) Drayden, Iris/ Replacement

The maps are hard to tell on what gyms could be the same or different, but all we can do now is speculate.
Old May 29th, 2012 (01:58 PM).
Wanderer
Platinum Tier

Quote originally posted by Aquarius1997:
Shizui is most likely the 5th or 6th gym only because of the sheer distince from the starter city

Elesa is most likely 4th because on the new map it looks two cities/towns from homika's town(the industrial town in the south west

N would NEVER be a gym leader(slap me if he does become one)
He has too big of a role to resort to be just a gym leader
I dunno about 5th or 6th. There is plenty of Water in the area around the starter town that wouldn't role out an adequate place for a Water Gym.

I agree with N, if they use him as a Gym Leader his role in this game is underutilized. We need all the loose ends tied up, not him being a leader of some gym. Sure he can be a leader, but I think the would greatly detract from what they could do if he wasn't

N becoming a gym leader would proably end up like Cheren did, lost of epicness...seriously who uses Patrat for a gym battle, he would've been better off using a underleveled Watchog.
Cheren may not end up so bad though. If he was anything like he was in the trailer then I don't think we have a whole lot to fret about. If he helps the protag and rival periodically and we see him progress that would be nice. Then of course there is always the rematches which I am sure he will get a nice boost from.

Old May 29th, 2012 (02:09 PM).

Quote originally posted by Kenshin5:
I dunno about 5th or 6th. There is plenty of Water in the area around the starter town that wouldn't role out an adequate place for a Water Gym.
Most of the info why he's in Undella is because of how the Gym and its surroundings look. Cheren would be in the City After the starter town and Homika would be in the port city after that leaving a Gym in Castella which doesn't fit Shizui's location of tropical beach.

Only visible location that fits is the area where Undella is in Black and White. There are just too many unknown factors right now to accurately come to any real conclusion.
Old May 29th, 2012 (02:33 PM).
Wanderer
Platinum Tier

True, Undella did seem to be the only beach area town. Guess we will have to wait until farther confirmation.

Curious about Cheren though is. Does he need to be relegated to a specific city? It already seems he is battling out side, so if he has no "official" gym set up then I wonder if he could be an actual traveling gym leader? Doubtful though since I believe it was mentioned he was head of the training school or something to that nature.

Closed Thread
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

You may also like.. (Beta)