The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Gaming > Fifth Generation

Notices

Fifth Generation Are Pokémon slaves to humans? Team Plasma thinks so. Travel the Unova region and prove them wrong in Black & White, and then return two years later in Black2 & White2.

Advertise here

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old May 29th, 2012, 03:00 PM
Kaori
tragedy

Nature: Modest
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Kaori

Advertise here
It would be amazing to have a Gym Leader in the game that travels other than remaining in the gym 24/7. n___n; Though Black and White did slide a few to be of some importance, I'd like to see more of that.

smile. paired to vrai & karpman & drew
Old May 29th, 2012, 03:07 PM
Khrysta

Send a message via Skype™ to Khrysta
Imagine a Gym Leader with the same rough coding as a Roaming Legendary Pokemon. Similar to the News Reporters from Ruby and Sapphire.
Old May 29th, 2012, 03:10 PM
Guy
just a guy

Send a message via Skype™ to Guy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaori View Post
It would be amazing to have a Gym Leader in the game that travels other than remaining in the gym 24/7. n___n; Though Black and White did slide a few to be of some importance, I'd like to see more of that.
Agreeing with this. Black and White compared to previous games really gave some of the Gym Leaders a little bit larger of a role than just sitting in their gyms waiting for us to challenge them. It wasn't a whole lot, but it was definitely more than what other Gym Leaders ever got. I'm hoping B2W2 expands on this some more, which it seems they are based on what we've seen so far.

Quote:
Originally Posted by XanderO View Post
Similar to the News Reporters from Ruby and Sapphire.
I miss them! They made leveling up much easier when you needed some quick battles, especially when they got to their higher levels.

My dream for Gym Leaders one day is that instead of having them programmed to be in their gyms where you challenge them for your badge, instead you meet them along your journey at various points and get to challenge them officially outside of their gyms. For example, and using Elesaas a reference, instead of challenging her in her Gym, you run into her spending time at one of the various locations within Nimbasa City and challenge her there instead. I just feel like it's a lot more fun that way and refreshing. It doesn't have to be that way for every Gym Leader, but some or most would be nice.

Last edited by Guy; May 29th, 2012 at 03:19 PM.
Old May 29th, 2012, 03:12 PM
Jellicent♀
ღ Fairy Wind ღ

Quote:
Imagine a Gym Leader with the same rough coding as a Roaming Legendary Pokemon. Similar to the News Reporters from Ruby and Sapphire.
That would be pretty boss, actually.
Like, he/she has many battling facilities in the region, you can battle him/her for mini prizes, and then, finally, you get to battle officially for the badge! Maybe that person could be the last Gym Leader! That would be amazing! 8DD
Old May 29th, 2012, 03:16 PM
Kenshin5
Wanderer

Nature: Mild
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaori View Post
Kind of like HGSS were you meet up the gym leaders too get their numbers. I would love too see something like that expect applied in a different sort of fashion.

Quote:
I would absolutely love that. If they can do it with all of them and the rival I don't see why they couldn't implement that into the gym leaders.

Brian - 0089 1621 6313 - White

Old May 29th, 2012, 04:44 PM
OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire
10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Community Supporter

Nature: Careful
I'm guessing that Shizui's town might actually be somewhere north to Undella as the place doesn't exactly look like Undella. It might be east of the beach north of the gate to Undella in a new area like the starter city.
Old May 29th, 2012, 04:50 PM
Jellicent♀
ღ Fairy Wind ღ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magmaruby and Aquasapphire View Post
I'm guessing that Shizui's town might actually be somewhere north to Undella as the place doesn't exactly look like Undella. It might be east of the beach north of the gate to Undella in a new area like the starter city.
Of course, Undella Town could have upgraded in the past two years. I mean, if you think about it, all we've seen are cabins on the water and a boat, that couldn't take more than two years to complete! Plus, they did have that giant mansion there in the first place. That rich family could have sold it and given it to Shizui, and he made it into a gym after expanding it a bit.
Old May 29th, 2012, 05:14 PM
Community Supporter

There's a cave though which Undella and the known area around it lacked, which makes me think that it's a totally new area added near the known areas, and if so that might make him one of the last gym leaders if the ones from the towns inbetween aren't missing.
Old May 29th, 2012, 05:50 PM
Bluerang1
pin pin

Nature: Relaxed
This image from the Anime:

Show's Shizui and in Ash is meant to be travelling to East Unova in the series so this could support Shizui's Gym being in Undella. However Homika's Gym seems to be close to Iccirus in the Anime so this suggestion could be invalid.

Also, it looks like we'll only be getting Homika and Shizui as new Gym Leaders. I wanted more.
Old May 29th, 2012, 06:03 PM
Khrysta

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluerang1 View Post

Show's Shizui and in Ash is meant to be travelling to East Unova in the series so this could support Shizui's Gym being in Undella. However Homika's Gym seems to be close to Iccirus in the Anime so this suggestion could be invalid.

Also, it looks like we'll only be getting Homika and Shizui as new Gym Leaders. I wanted more.
They don't say where Tachiwaki City is in the Anime, and the characters have been known to travel unreasonable distances in filler episodes between Gym Battles.

Though the Anime location isn't always the same as the Game Location, look at Seafoam islands which was a Resort Island town near Pallet Town.

When they decided to go to Tachiwaki City after hearing that the Oplecid City Gym was closed (much to Iris's Satisfaction), the group it taken in by a Butler into a Limo for Cylan's Sommilier Showdown. They are seen at the end of the Anime in the Limo, so its very possible they took the Limo back towards Nimbasa or Castella where they would then go to Tachiwaki City.

They say that they are going to the Eastern part for Best Wishes 2 but they never say from which entrance they go. Seeing as the group completely bypass the Dragon Gym City, I can at least assume that they went through the lower gate to Easter Unova, met with Dawn and Cynthia that way and travel upwards through the Easter while Ash trains the last three months on that side while participating in the Tournament until they reach Lancousa town or what ever town they decide to end it in before they get to the route that leads to the Unova League.

Ya Anime part is a little off topic, but as to my general hypothesis as to how the map may be set up, it goes hand in hand. Shizui being in eastern Unova can still hint as to which area he belongs.
Old May 29th, 2012, 07:40 PM
Community Supporter

I do beleive he is in the east, maybe somewhere in the area between Undella and Lancousa, which might explain it's apperance in that part of the anime...then again they tend to be wrong...
Could the Opelucid gym being close symbol that it's still the last gym in games (saving the last for last).
Old May 30th, 2012, 02:38 AM
Azure
» We might aswell be lovers on the sun
Community Supporter

Send a message via Skype™ to Azure
If there are no more new gym leaders then I wonder who will be returning/filling in the blank spaces we are currently unaware of, either way one or two who were originally in Black & White will no longer be taking that space due to Homika & Shizui, but that might mean they have a different role in the game. I still think that Iris will be ruling Opelucid City as Drayden either retired or went on to become an Elite Four member.

Old May 30th, 2012, 06:12 AM
Jellicent♀
ღ Fairy Wind ღ

Well I'm guessing that Lenora and the triplets are most definitely gone. I also speculate that Clay is out of the league, too, so he can focus on his career with his mine and the town's trade. Drayden I have a feeling is gone and retired from battling all together, and is focusing full time on teaching new trainers how to battle.
Old May 30th, 2012, 06:19 AM
Reshiram Man
Resident Peacekeeper

If Homika is due to be the 2nd gym leader, which she is, what TM would she give you? It would seems early for stuff like Poison Jab or Sludge Bomb, so maybe Toxic?

----------------------
Here's also an updated gym list from me:
1.) Cheren
2.) Homika
3.) Burgh?/Shizui?
4.) Elesa
5.) ???/Shizui?
6.) Skyla?
7.) Brycen?/ Replacement
8.) Iris?

The reason for Burgh is if you zoom in far enough on the west side of Castelia, there is a greenish bug type colored spot over
where the gym is.

Last edited by Reshiram Man; May 30th, 2012 at 06:26 AM.
Old May 30th, 2012, 07:37 AM
Forever
let it go

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suicune™ View Post
If there are no more new gym leaders then I wonder who will be returning/filling in the blank spaces we are currently unaware of, either way one or two who were originally in Black & White will no longer be taking that space due to Homika & Shizui, but that might mean they have a different role in the game. I still think that Iris will be ruling Opelucid City as Drayden either retired or went on to become an Elite Four member.
Well there's definitely three that are retired, due to Cheren, too. While the first two are obvious it's someone else, but we could see someone else retiring and making way for a character with a lesser role in the games. Buuut I really doubt it because there's too little of a backstory from everyone else who wasn't a main character for it to work.
Old May 30th, 2012, 10:24 AM
ANinyMouse

Originally Posted by Bluerang1 View Post
Up top, we have Caitlin, Cynthia, Alder, Drayden & Shizui. Interesting!

Drayden looks like he's wearing a new black-colored cape, too. Maybe he'll be in BW2 after all?
Old May 30th, 2012, 01:27 PM
JudgeDreddigon
Beginning Trainer

Well I think Burgh or at least the 3rd gym is still a bug type gym. If you look at the pic of you getting the Basic Badge for Cheren, you can see the left side of the silhouette of the 3rd gym badge. Now it's possible that it could be Shizui's badge, but the way the left side curves fits the Beetle Badge. Also just because Brycen is in the games, doesn't mean he is still a gym leader. Really, the confirm gym leaders we have are Cheren, Homika, Elesa, and Shizui, and we only know the order of 2. Imo, Elesa and Shizui could be anywhere, so I really can't say an order they will be in.
Old May 30th, 2012, 01:33 PM
Zayphora
Don't mess with the lights...

Nature: Sassy
...Is the picture of the Elite Four building? Is Drayden an Elite now? Ppl were saying he might be.
Old May 30th, 2012, 02:34 PM
Khrysta

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zayphora View Post
...Is the picture of the Elite Four building? Is Drayden an Elite now? Ppl were saying he might be.
If you are talkin about the picture above, that's supposedly taken from the new opening for Best Wishes 2. Shizui is shown in that picture and we know he's a Gym Leader so I don't think that's for the Elite Four. Despite what some people are saying we don't know if Drayden is still a gym leader or not.
Old May 30th, 2012, 06:33 PM
Bluerang1
pin pin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zayphora View Post
That's Dawn and not Drayden so we don' know if he's still in the games.
Old May 30th, 2012, 09:06 PM
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reshiram Man View Post
If Homika is due to be the 2nd gym leader, which she is, what TM would she give you? It would seems early for stuff like Poison Jab or Sludge Bomb, so maybe Toxic?

----------------------
Here's also an updated gym list from me:
1.) Cheren
2.) Homika
3.) Burgh?/Shizui?
4.) Elesa
5.) ???/Shizui?
6.) Skyla?
7.) Brycen?/ Replacement
8.) Iris?

The reason for Burgh is if you zoom in far enough on the west side of Castelia, there is a greenish bug type colored spot over
where the gym is.
Well I'm guessing that it will be either toxic or the tm that doubles in power if the opponent is poisoned.
I forgot about the third replacement...well we know that Cheren replaced Lenora due to the badge and Homika might be triplets, that leaves Shizui replacing who? It's not Elesa, and maybe not Brycen. That leaves Clay, Skyla, and Burgh (I have a feeling Opelucid will stay with Iris).
Old May 31st, 2012, 03:31 AM
P0kelegend

A little amount of new footage was shown at the end of the anime episode in Japan tonight, you can see it here. It shows footage inside Homika's gym (I love the flashing lights!), her animated sprite and also her gym battle music. Also confirms Koffing as her first Pokemon.
Old May 31st, 2012, 05:53 AM
Reshiram Man
Resident Peacekeeper

The suspense is killing me for the games release to know all the new info.

What else could Homika have? Venipede?
Old May 31st, 2012, 07:19 AM
Mr Cat Dog
Everything Will Be OK

Her guitar looks sort of like a Scolipede, so maybe its evolutionary brethren is a good shout?
Old May 31st, 2012, 07:49 AM
Kenshin5
Wanderer

Nature: Mild
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reshiram Man View Post
The suspense is killing me for the games release to know all the new info.

What else could Homika have? Venipede?
http://img843.imageshack.us/img843/1...org3030402.jpg
We already have this scan a couple days ago so it looks highly likely that she has a Garbodor.

Brian - 0089 1621 6313 - White

Closed Thread
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

Advertise here