Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Gaming > Fifth Generation

Notices
For all updates, view the main page.

Fifth Generation Are Pokémon slaves to humans? Team Plasma thinks so. Travel the Unova region and prove them wrong in Black & White, and then return two years later in Black2 & White2.

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old June 9th, 2012 (07:55 AM).
PlatinumDude
Nyeh?
Community Supporter

Nature: Hasty
Send a message via Yahoo to PlatinumDude Send a message via Skype™ to PlatinumDude
Quote originally posted by XanderO:
New Rumor says Burgh is still third Gym, so so far they are still in the same order if this is true. Which really questions where they are going to put Shizui.
If the rumor does come true, I think Shizui could be the 5th gym leader. Some of the past 5th gym leaders had 3 Pokemon with them (Fantina, Clay, Norman)

Old June 9th, 2012 (07:58 AM).
Hikamaru
and a day ♥
Community Supporter

Nature: Quirky
New prediction time for Gym order:

1. Cheren
2. Homika
3. Burgh
4. Elesa
5. Shizui
6. Skyla
7. Brycen
8. Iris

(Drayden goes to the Elite Four, plus it gives gender equality to the Gym Leaders)

So, what'ya think of this prediction?
Old June 9th, 2012 (09:11 AM).
Xander Olivieri

Nature: Hasty
Send a message via Skype™ to Xander Olivieri
Quote originally posted by PlatinumDude:
If the rumor does come true, I think Shizui could be the 5th gym leader. Some of the past 5th gym leaders had 3 Pokemon with them (Fantina, Clay, Norman)
This is asuming that b2w2 doesn't follow BW's trend and give gyms 3 to 8 only three pokemon. Personally I'm hoping Shizui is 7th or 8th.
Old June 9th, 2012 (11:11 AM).
OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire
10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Community Supporter

Nature: Careful
Well if Burgh is really third as rumored than chances are that Shizui is fifth or seventh (if Brycen doesn't take the role for these games). I'm guessing that Iris and Drayden will keep their positions if the rest of the returning gym leaders do as well.
Old June 9th, 2012 (09:51 PM).
Altairis
I'M ALL FIRED UP

Nature: Modest
Send a message via Skype™ to Altairis
I'm hoping that they include Lenora and the other replaced Gym Leaders in the storyline, and that they don't just disappear and that there's a reason that they've been replaced :x

It seems kind of odd to me that Gamefreak would just add 2 Gym Leaders and not completely redo all of them, so I hope there is a reason.

Old June 10th, 2012 (06:10 AM).
Forever
let it go

Quote originally posted by XanderO:
New Rumor says Burgh is still third Gym, so so far they are still in the same order if this is true. Which really questions where they are going to put Shizui.
Oh... I don't really want to see Burgh. At least it kinda would spread it out though in terms of new things to see early on, since you have Cheren as a leader, Homika as a leader, Elesa's redesign--hmmm so Elesa would be fourth then. I guess that wouldn't be too bad. :(
Old June 10th, 2012 (09:16 AM).
Kaori
tragedy

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Kaori
Eh, I don't really care for Burgh all that much. Though if he is a Gym Leader once again, I'd hope to see a better variety of bug Pokémon given to him.

smile. paired to vrai & karpman & drew
Old June 10th, 2012 (09:39 AM).
Jellicent♀
ღ Fairy Wind ღ
Community Supporter

I can't stand Burgh. He was so annoying. I hope he has better hair, if he is back. Those curls looked stupid on him. BURGH WAS STUPID, OKAY? I agree with Kaori, I want him to have better variety. His team was terrible.
#427 Buneary
Supporter Collab January 2015
babies l blog
Old June 10th, 2012 (10:20 AM).
Blue
c'est la vie
Community Supporter

Nature: Relaxed
So if Burgh is returning then that means the only leaders who are yet to appear is Clay, Drayden, Iris & The Trio so obviously one of those are going to be excluded considering there are only two spaces left.

'Cause i'm just holding on for tonight ♥
Old June 10th, 2012 (02:55 PM).
Community Supporter

Quote originally posted by Suicune™:
So if Burgh is returning then that means the only leaders who are yet to appear is Clay, Drayden, Iris & The Trio so obviously one of those are going to be excluded considering there are only two spaces left.
Well they've shown Drayden we simply don't have a confirmation about him.
Lenora seemes to have been replaced. My guess is the trio is gone so that leave Clay or the dragon gym leaders. I wish Drayden was confirmed one way or the other, it'll be much easier to narrow down...
Old June 10th, 2012 (03:16 PM).
Zayphora
Don't mess with the lights...

Nature: Sassy
Quote originally posted by Jellicent♀:
I can't stand Burgh. He was so annoying. I hope he has better hair, if he is back. Those curls looked stupid on him. BURGH WAS STUPID, OKAY? I agree with Kaori, I want him to have better variety. His team was terrible.

I also agree. I just don't see the point of a bug gym. I think a Steel gym would be epic in Castelia.
Old June 10th, 2012 (03:35 PM).
Jellicent♀
ღ Fairy Wind ღ
Community Supporter

Quote originally posted by Zayphora:
I also agree. I just don't see the point of a bug gym. I think a Steel gym would be epic in Castelia.
I'm perfectly fine with a Bug-type Gym, just not Burgh. If he had a better look and a better team, I think I'd like him. Also, if he didn't have those stupid walls, I'd like that VERY much.
#427 Buneary
Supporter Collab January 2015
babies l blog
Old June 10th, 2012 (03:56 PM).
Blue
c'est la vie
Community Supporter

I'd like Burgh to be situated in a less populated City, Castelia didn't really suit him IMO as he wasn't really a strong character compared to others. As it's been brought up a Steel type leader would really suit being in Castelia City with the structural designs etc.

Old June 10th, 2012 (05:50 PM).
Community Supporter

I dislike Burgh too...why couldn't they get rid of him and keep Clay/Brycen, Triplets, or Lenora?
Oh well...hopefully they give him something like they did with Brycen to give him more of a role...
Old June 10th, 2012 (06:08 PM).
Bluerang1
pin pin

Shizui's location has us all dumbfounded.

My only beef with Burgh is his English name. But always, I'd have like to see more interaction from his part but is artistic Bugness suits Castelia.
Old June 12th, 2012 (06:10 AM).
Revan_Ace
Beginning Trainer

Well to date there are there new gyms and gymleaders.The first gym in the game is run by the character Cheren. After his journey in Unova two years previously, he has become a gym leader within the Unova region. Taking over the duties of Normal-type Leader from Lenora, Cheren seems to not battle inside a specific gym but battle outside. His team appears to be low levelled, with him having a Patrat.The first new gym we know about is the Poison-type Gym run by the Gym Leader Homika. This gym is set up similar to a music stage where Homika plays with her band. It is currently unknown what the puzzle will be.The next new gym we know about is the Water-type Gym run by the Gym Leader Shizui. The set up for this gym is not currently known but it appears to be a gym where you have to navigate the gym by using lilypads which move to the direction you enter them.One of the classic Gyms in Unova is the Mistralton City gym. This gym is shown to have a whole new puzzle which involves being blown around by wind over the air hangar. The old Gym Leader, Skyla is still the Gym Leader
Old June 12th, 2012 (08:02 AM).
captollie
Beginning Trainer

I want to see Burgh change his appearance all together. Maybe his artistic vision has changed during those two years and now he and his gym look completely different.
Old June 12th, 2012 (08:19 AM).
Community Supporter

Quote originally posted by captollie:
I want to see Burgh change his appearance all together. Maybe his artistic vision has changed during those two years and now he and his gym look completely different.
Good reasoning. I hope his gym is more of a maze like an ant farm now, or a better looking beehive.
Old June 12th, 2012 (03:47 PM).
Kenmoor
Beginning Trainer

Quote originally posted by Magmaruby and Aquasapphire:

Good reasoning. I hope his gym is more of a maze like an ant farm now, or a better looking beehive.
An "Artistic" Gym? (*qouted from captollie) Now I'm thinking of the protagonists going through the random paint covered paintbrushes that replaced the last Gym's honey. Now instead of honey we will be covered in paint. The Gym's walls could be covered in paintings and we would need to click/press those in order to do something. That be neat if in the end our sprite would be multicolored and Burgh would compliment us on our "Artistic clothes". Ha!
Don't know if this post sticks to the thread... feel free to delete!
Old June 12th, 2012 (03:53 PM).
Blue
c'est la vie
Community Supporter

If Skyla's gym has changed then I'm sure Burgh's will.. I can sympathise for those who had trouble with his gym spending too long stretching through those honey walls. Hopefully it will be similar to Bugy's gym in HGSS, I enjoyed that puzzle and design.

Old June 12th, 2012 (03:56 PM).
Community Supporter

Lol, that would be fun to go though . Maybe the guy at the begginning of the gym hands the player an umbrella and in the end you get an artistic looking umbrella.

Elesa's looks like catwalk in the animated trailer, and Homika's like a place where you practice your rock, and Skyla has airplane fans... So perhaps the gym leaders puzzles match their jobs (well except for Shizui unless he does something with frogs...)
Old June 12th, 2012 (04:29 PM).
Kenmoor
Beginning Trainer

As a(n) (Key) Item? When would you use that? Maybe Burgh could auction that off for us and we get some money...
Who else has a random side line profession? Or the Gym could mimic the environment in where it's at.
Elesa's Gym was originally a roller coaster following Nimbassa's entertainment values. Now it's a catwalk? Don't tell me that we have to randomly battle Super Models to get to Elesa. Or that the Gym's home city is the home of modeling. Ugh. Same goes for the rest.
Don't know if this post sticks to the thread... feel free to delete!
Old June 12th, 2012 (04:34 PM).
Community Supporter

Well Brycen is an Actor...it could be a backstage like place where we have to pull ropes to lift objects and set the scene to battle him...
Interestingly enough all the gym leaders who were replaced had their gym set up like their careers (restraunt for the triplets, museum for Lenora, and possibly miner owner for Clay...)
Old June 12th, 2012 (04:34 PM).
Zayphora
Don't mess with the lights...

Nature: Sassy
We'll probably have to battle the "Beauties" if Elesa's gym is really a runway.
Old June 12th, 2012 (04:40 PM).
Community Supporter

Come to think about it weren't the beauties one of the classes that was missing from BW along with Bug catchers?
Perhaps all the models are dressed up the same as Elesa (like how the ninja's looked like Jasmine) and if you pick the wrong one they remove their outfit and battle you.

Sponsored Links