The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Gaming > Fifth Generation

Notices

Fifth Generation Are Pokémon slaves to humans? Team Plasma thinks so. Travel the Unova region and prove them wrong in Black & White, and then return two years later in Black2 & White2.

Advertise here

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old April 13th, 2012, 12:09 PM
Kaori
tragedy

Nature: Modest
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Kaori

Advertise here
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowExcadrill View Post
Well i like it if they did, but that would make Skyla gone, and thats one of the Gym Leaders i like (the only one of Unova though).

Maybe they can keep her?
Haha yer forgettin' one of the best gym leaders Unova ever had, Clay! I loved the dialogue GameFreak gave him and I just need to see him again.

I'm all for new gyms/leaders, as long as we get to keep a few if not all of the ones previously.

smile. paired to vrai & karpman & drew
Old April 13th, 2012, 12:27 PM
Turn-it
Coordinator/Elite Trainer

Nature: Relaxed
Is the elite four the same? This elite four didn't leave a good impression on me...i'm assuming if there are or maybe new gyms....maybe different elite four, at least a change up of pokemon maybe?
Old April 13th, 2012, 02:25 PM
Luigi-San
Decisions, Decisions...
Community Supporter

Nature: Quiet
Send a message via AIM to Luigi-San Send a message via Skype™ to Luigi-San
Considering that we know there will be a Poison gym for the first time since Kanto, I'm seriously going to rage if there's STILL NO DARK-TYPE GYM.

<--- Level these up!

<--- Join us!
Old April 13th, 2012, 02:28 PM
Hoenn
» Mind games
Community Supporter

Send a message via Skype™ to Hoenn
That's true, I thought this would be a great opportunity to introduce a dark type gym, I wonder when that moment will come? But yeah I'm happy they've decided to use different types especially Poison, it gets boring when they use Ice/Rock types repetitively.

Old April 13th, 2012, 02:37 PM
Elite Overlord LeSabre™
Classic Elegance
Community Supporter

Nature: Quirky
I for one also would like to see a Gym Leader who specializes in the Dark-type. I also think it would be interesting what said leader's personality is like. I hope he/she uses lots of dark humor... that would be awesome.

Elite Overlord LeSabre™
PC Vital Stats
* Pair
* PC Family
* Bishies
* VG Claims
* Friend Codes
Links
* Blog
* Web Site
* Fan Fictions:
* Leaf Green LP
Friend Safari:
*GMC Safari
*Pontiac Safari
*Oldsmobile Custom Cruiser
Old April 13th, 2012, 03:00 PM
OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire
10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Community Supporter

Nature: Careful
Considering the Dark Elite four the gym leader will proably dress all dark, I imagine a lolita style girl, which makes me think of that girl in DPPt... maybe they make a dark version of Caitlin, maybe her twin sister...she could have an Umbreon .
Old April 13th, 2012, 03:01 PM
Hoenn
» Mind games
Community Supporter

Send a message via Skype™ to Hoenn
Talking of appearances I can't see any correlation between music and poison but I guess there's something behind it, if anything I thought music would be more linked to Electric.

Old April 13th, 2012, 03:05 PM
Khrysta

Send a message via Skype™ to Khrysta
I dunno why they made Dark exclusive to E4. Guess they thought it was more prestigious.

Really want a Dark Gym...thought I feel that when we finally do get a Dark Gym it'll be a let down.

>=T Gamefreak better not mess this up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suicune™ View Post
Talking of appearances I can't see any correlation between music and poison but I guess there's something behind it, if anything I thought music would be more linked to Electric.
Isn't there a "poison" or "toxic" Metal sub genre? I know poison and acids are fairly common in song names or band names in metal bands.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magmaruby and Aquasapphire View Post
Considering the Dark Elite four the gym leader will proably dress all dark, I imagine a lolita style girl, which makes me think of that girl in DPPt... maybe they make a dark version of Caitlin, maybe her twin sister...she could have an Umbreon .
Says Hi~
Old April 13th, 2012, 03:07 PM
Oryx
Of the pigeon, by the pigeon, for the pigeon
Community Supporter

Quote:
I think people think too hard when they look for connections. Remember, Elesa was a model, that had nothing to do with her gym. It was just...cool. :P
PM
Old April 13th, 2012, 03:19 PM
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by XanderO View Post
I dunno why they made Dark exclusive to E4. Guess they thought it was more prestigious.

Really want a Dark Gym...thought I feel that when we finally do get a Dark Gym it'll be a let down.

>=T Gamefreak better not mess this up!

Isn't there a "poison" or "toxic" Metal sub genre? I know poison and acids are fairly common in song names or band names in metal bands.

Says Hi~
I know what you mean...they better not give him or her weak pokemon...they should give her or him a Hydreigon and a Tyranitar (imagine how epic that would be for a gym leader to have two pseudo's...)
Yeah, well she's not dark type and by lolita fashion I imagine more like Marley from Platinum.

Elesa's gym was weird for her...unless it's a metaphor for the life of a model being a rollercoaster...
Old April 13th, 2012, 05:34 PM
Reshiram Man
Resident Peacekeeper

Water is so overrated nowadays, with Misty, Wallace, Juan, Crasher Wake, and now the new guy. Adding Elite Four, Lorelei has a good chunk of water types as well. Game freak better stop with the Water type craze.
Old April 13th, 2012, 05:46 PM
Elite Overlord LeSabre™
Classic Elegance
Community Supporter

Nature: Quirky
I hope the Gym in Castelia is more suited for the city instead of being a giant museum of wax and gooey stuff for a bug fanatic.

Burgh's gym made me feel icky inside.

Back to the hypothetical Dark type Gym, I'm hoping it's the 7th or 8th gym so the leader can wield those powerful Pokemon. And a lolita gym leader would rock xD

Elite Overlord LeSabre™
PC Vital Stats
* Pair
* PC Family
* Bishies
* VG Claims
* Friend Codes
Links
* Blog
* Web Site
* Fan Fictions:
* Leaf Green LP
Friend Safari:
*GMC Safari
*Pontiac Safari
*Oldsmobile Custom Cruiser
Old April 13th, 2012, 06:37 PM
Kaori
tragedy

From the trailer released, it looks like the Water type Gym Leader has a gym where you have to cross over the water with lily pads. It looks really cute and fun!

Old April 13th, 2012, 11:15 PM
Community Supporter

That sounds fun, much better than surfing across a pool... Also, come to think about it how will the new badges will look? Maybe the water gym will be one shaped like a pool, a lake, ect.
Old April 14th, 2012, 06:02 AM
Jellicent♀
ღ Fairy Wind ღ

Quote:
There's an 80s rock band called Poison. I'm going with that theory.

I do hope for a Dark-type gym. It'd be fun to see finally. Hopefully they don't make the character too stereotypical, though. All black clothes, gym, depressed atmosphere when talking to the person, etc. I'm excited about all of the new puzzles they'll work into the gyms. <3
Those are always my favorite. I hope Burgh is gone though. He annoyed me. Him and his sticky honey all over the place. Get a mop.
Old April 14th, 2012, 06:09 AM
Forever
let it go

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaori View Post
From the trailer released, it looks like the Water type Gym Leader has a gym where you have to cross over the water with lily pads. It looks really cute and fun!
I really like it :3 I think it'd be kinda difficult to navigate though, unless it's like ice in general where you just move in the direction you point at.
Old April 14th, 2012, 06:18 AM
Jellicent♀
ღ Fairy Wind ღ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forever View Post

I really like it :3 I think it'd be kinda difficult to navigate though, unless it's like ice in general where you just move in the direction you point at.
Maybe you get a little paddle and you use the pad as a boat and just navigate through gates made of vines, somewhat like Wattson's gym, and you find a lever and it changes the route of the maze.
God that'd be so cute. I'd never leave. <33
Old April 14th, 2012, 06:55 AM
wombateiro
Trainer

Quote:
There is rock band called Poison like Jellicent said, but I think Homika's design could be reference to Alice Cooper - Poison. I can imagine Homika performing that song, lol.

Last edited by wombateiro; April 14th, 2012 at 07:01 AM.
Old April 14th, 2012, 07:09 AM
Kaori
tragedy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magmaruby and Aquasapphire View Post
That sounds fun, much better than surfing across a pool... Also, come to think about it how will the new badges will look? Maybe the water gym will be one shaped like a pool, a lake, ect.
Badges! Didn't really think about them until now. I imagine the Poison type Gym Leader to have a band/music related purple badge, and maybe some sort of lily pad badge for the Water type? I don't know, but now that you mention it I can't wait to see at least one of them. :B

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jellicent♀ View Post
There's an 80s rock band called Poison. I'm going with that theory.

I do hope for a Dark-type gym. It'd be fun to see finally. Hopefully they don't make the character too stereotypical, though. All black clothes, gym, depressed atmosphere when talking to the person, etc. I'm excited about all of the new puzzles they'll work into the gyms. <3
Those are always my favorite. I hope Burgh is gone though. He annoyed me. Him and his sticky honey all over the place. Get a mop.
Although there's more of a correlation between Electric and music, I actually find it very much related to Poison as well.

I'm with you on a Dark type gym though. I can just picture how it would look. I'd imagine, (similar to Shauntal) the Gym Leader would mention random quotes that seems more pessimistic like. It would be pretty cool.

Old April 14th, 2012, 07:29 AM
Jellicent♀
ღ Fairy Wind ღ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaori View Post

Badges! Didn't really think about them until now. I imagine the Poison type Gym Leader to have a band/music related purple badge, and maybe some sort of lily pad badge for the Water type? I don't know, but now that you mention it I can't wait to see at least one of them. :B

Although there's more of a correlation between Electric and music, I actually find it very much related to Poison as well.

I'm with you on a Dark type gym though. I can just picture how it would look. I'd imagine, (similar to Shauntal) the Gym Leader would mention random quotes that seems more pessimistic like. It would be pretty cool.
Oh gosh, I didn't even think of badges. I hope the water is a lily pad like you said, and it has a tiny cute pink flower on it. <33333

Ten bucks says the Poison girl is related to Bret Michaels.

Maybe it could be Shauntal's cousin or something. It'd be cool if his/her gym were more like a dungeon, to add to the dark theme.
Watch it be some guy wearing all pink and yellow, bouncing off the walls with flowers and unicorn farts, and then tosses out a Tyranitar that just completely obliterates your team. That would make me happy.
Old April 14th, 2012, 07:37 AM
Forever
let it go

Shantal's cousin? Pfft no, this theoretical dark gym leader would be related to Grimsley if anyone!

Hmmm so gyms imo:

- normal
- poison
- water
- ice
- rock
- dark
- electric
- bug

Kinda related to the map, and that Nimbasa/Castelia's gym leaders will probably stay. :3
Old April 14th, 2012, 07:48 AM
Jellicent♀
ღ Fairy Wind ღ

I'm with you on the last two gym leaders. As much as I don't like Burgh or Elesa's Volt Switch spam, it'd be nice to see two veteran gym leaders with higher leveled Pokemon.
I have to say my picks for the gyms are:

-rock (problem?)
-psychic
-poison (the fact that Whirlipede evolves on level 30 alone)
-steel
-water
-ghost
-electric
-bug

I'm thinking with the water gym there may be a situation like there was with Fantina in D/P, where you had to defeat the other gym leaders and then return to her, based from what I'm looking at on the map.
Old April 14th, 2012, 07:54 AM
Forever
let it go

Well the last two weren't in order but uhh, first three were. Going back to water would kinda suck though. :( After all, B/W made everything easy, then B2W2 making it less "easy", or less like a forced order of events. Why do you think steel though? Cause of the mountains nearby? imo I'd say Driftveil will be something mineral based due to the fact that the first time around it was ground. :x Actually yeah, from the craters it could also be psychic, due to aliens or something dumb like that, lol.
Old April 14th, 2012, 08:04 AM
RedJ
[*TRUMPETS INTENSIFY*]

Nature: Quiet
I agree with the need for a Dark Gym. As for the Rock/Ground types...maybe they could be in the Elite Four for once, instead of a normal Gym?

Also, has it been confirmed that any of the previous Gym Leaders have been replaced? Because I think it's entirely possible for all of them to come back, plus another eight new gyms, giving us a total of 16 Gyms like in G/S/C.

Old April 14th, 2012, 08:05 AM
giradialkia
Community Supporter

Nature: Timid
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to giradialkia
I'm not only hoping for different Gyms in B2W2, I'm expecting them. Going by GSC/HGSS, they changed up the Elite 4 and some Kanto Gyms in the space of 3 years, and frankly for the sake of originality I'd say Game Freak are at least going to change some of the previous Gym Leaders, if not the types of the Gyms as well.
To be honest I'm pretty indifferent about the announced Gym Leaders so far; I've never particularly gotten excited about Gym Leaders, though- I'm more excited about what the Elite 4's going to be like in B2W2.

This one's called 'Red', and it's actually kinda Pokémon themed, so have a listen! Check out the links below for more stuff, if you like this!

This is the Doctor
This is my Soundcloud
This is my bandcamp

My Pokémon Y character is the same as my username. If you see me as a Passerby let me know! I tend to get a lot of Passerby requests and I often wonder if it's people from this site.
Closed Thread
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

Advertise here