The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Gaming > Fifth Generation

Notices

Fifth Generation Are Pokémon slaves to humans? Team Plasma thinks so. Travel the Unova region and prove them wrong in Black & White, and then return two years later in Black2 & White2.

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old June 16th, 2012, 11:20 AM
OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire
10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Community Supporter

Nature: Calm
Perhaps Plasma or the frozen city if it's Icirus, is blocking the way to Opelucid forcing us to go though the southern route, passing by White/Black city, Undella against Shizui if his town is near there, and arriving by the Chasm to find Kyurem than making our way to Opelucid for the 8th badge.

ORAS have been confirmed Remakes by Nintendo, they aren't Sequels so let go of that idea people.
Old June 16th, 2012, 01:35 PM
Mista T
Pityin' fools.

Nature: Jolly
This is really unlikely and rooted more upon the facts presented by the Anime than the games, but hey, tis merely speculation: The Best Wishes incarnation of Iris hates cold, ice, and Ice-type Pokemon. So maybe our in-game Iris has a similar phobia/hatred and bailed out of the freezing region thusly (maybe to go to the warm and tropical Hoenn? Can I hear a "Gen III remakes" up in here?)

I say this not believing a word of it myself, but it's all for fun and fun for all.

http://www.youtube.com/user/Garbodium?feature=guide
Old June 16th, 2012, 07:31 PM
Hikamaru
pseudologia fantastica
Community Supporter

Nature: Quirky
I think Bulbapedia has revealed the order of the Gyms:
  1. Cheren
  2. Homika
  3. Burgh
  4. Elesa
  5. Clay
  6. Skyla
  7. Shizui
  8. Drayden

This is the order I think.

Paired with Kouzan, Isaac and Heartouch
Battle Server | Tumblr | Profile | Supporter

Old June 16th, 2012, 07:36 PM
Haseyo
쏘쿨

Hm, just Drayden? Wonder what happens to Iris. I was hoping for a Dark type Gym Leader this time, kind of tired of it being an Elite Four only type.
Old June 16th, 2012, 07:39 PM
Hikamaru
pseudologia fantastica
Community Supporter

Nature: Quirky
So far, the only one whose full team has been confirmed is Elesa. She has Zebstrika, Flaaffy and Emolga.

Cheren has Patrat one other Pokemon, Homika has Koffing and one other Pokemon.

Now that we know the likely order, let's move the speculation to the teams.

Paired with Kouzan, Isaac and Heartouch
Battle Server | Tumblr | Profile | Supporter

Old June 16th, 2012, 07:44 PM
Haseyo
쏘쿨

Now that all Pokemon can be accessed before the Elite Four, the possibilities are endless. I wouldn't even know where to begin...

I have a feeling they'll give Clay a Sandslash, a Claydol, or maybe a Gligar? I doubt they'll give him a Gliscor because a Gliscor and an Exadrill would be OP for a first time Gym, but I do think they'll try to give many Gyms some more coverage with dual-types. Now a re-battle may be a totally different story.
Old June 16th, 2012, 08:00 PM
Community Supporter

I can see Clay having Steelix (it's also part ground for those who forget), Exadrill, and Claydoll.
Skyla- Unfezant, Skarmory, Pelliper (due to delivery)

ORAS have been confirmed Remakes by Nintendo, they aren't Sequels so let go of that idea people.
Old June 16th, 2012, 08:02 PM
Haseyo
쏘쿨

They should give Drayden 3 Dragonites and he'll say "I got a couple tips from a caped man in Kanto..."
Old June 16th, 2012, 08:18 PM
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haseyo View Post
They should give Drayden 3 Dragonites and he'll say "I got a couple tips from a caped man in Kanto..."
Oh and they all have cheat moves they usually don't learn, lol.
Drayden will proably have Haxorus, Dragonite and Salamence (if this one is added in).

Old June 16th, 2012, 08:22 PM
Haseyo
쏘쿨

Oh they'll have legit moves, they'll just be, you know, 14 levels lower than they would normally evolve.

Does this speculation include their teams in the special tournament? I'm sure they'll be OP, lol.
Old June 16th, 2012, 08:47 PM
Perrie ✿
11/05/1982 - 13/07/2013
Community Supporter

Nature: Sassy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hikari10 View Post
Homika has Koffing and one other Pokemon.
Wait, she only has 2 Pokemon? ): I wanted her to have the team they gave her in the anime which were Koffing, Scolipede and Garbodor. I guess they could give her a Whirlipede?
Old June 16th, 2012, 08:59 PM
Khrysta

Send a message via Skype™ to Khrysta
Quote:
Originally Posted by dragonomega View Post

Wait, she only has 2 Pokemon? ): I wanted her to have the team they gave her in the anime which were Koffing, Scolipede and Garbodor. I guess they could give her a Whirlipede?
Yep she has 2 Pokemon and is the Second Gym so that puts her level range between 15 to 20 on the smaller scale. 22 would be the highest she could have I think.

And we don't know if she'll have Venipede or Trubbish. Seeing as Garbador was her Big Baddy, she could have a Trubbish and Koffing.
Old June 16th, 2012, 09:33 PM
Community Supporter

Though her gym and her bass have koffin and Venipede line designs so perhaps it's those too...but than her badge...

Old June 16th, 2012, 10:05 PM
ANinyMouse

Ah heck, here are some guesses. One thing I noticed was that Elesa's levels are higher by 3, and the first gym is lower by 1. So, haha, seems like it's all up in the air.

Cheren: Patrat, Lilipup (sadly)
Homika: Koffing, Trubbish
Burgh: Dwebble, Vespiquen, Leavanny
Elesa: Emolga, Flaafy, Zebstrika
Clay: Krokorok, Piloswine, Excadrill
Skyla: Altaria, Drifblim, Swanna
Shizui: Ludicolo, Lapras, Carracosta
Drayden: Druddigon, Zweilous, Haxorus (I'm gonna assume you fight him at a fairly higher level than before)
Old June 16th, 2012, 10:07 PM
Community Supporter

If Cheren has Lilipup his team is pratically a watered down version of Lenora's...give him a Skitty or Bunnery at least to make him different GF.

Old June 16th, 2012, 10:15 PM
ANinyMouse

He did have Stoutland in the trailer, though...
Old June 17th, 2012, 04:47 AM
Perrie ✿
11/05/1982 - 13/07/2013
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ANinyMouse View Post
He did have Stoutland in the trailer, though...
That Stoutland could be from his rematch team if they're in the game. Although it maybe just them wanting to showcase Cheren, and it would look stupid giving him a Lillipup in the trailer.

I hope Cheren doesn't have Patrat & Lillipup. First because like MRAS said, his team would just be a watered down version of Lenora's. Hopefully they could stretch Lillipup's level to 16, meaning it would be a Herdier. But I doubt it.

I wonder what position Elesa is now in. Since her Flaaffy is Level 28, her Zebstrika is probably either 29 or 30, the latter being the safest bet. Since the list that Bulbapedia released wasn't actually the right order. Except Cheren and Homika.
Old June 17th, 2012, 05:17 AM
Azure
» Flame!
Community Supporter

Nature: Relaxed
Send a message via Skype™ to Azure
Our friends at AAPF have obtained a picture of the front page of the guide book for Black 2 & White 2 which shows the different gym leaders wtihin the game. It shows there are no further new Gym Leaders and showcases Homika, Shizui, Cheren, Elesa and Skyla with other returning Leaders of Clay, Drayden and Burgh. It is currently unknown if any other Gym Leaders will appear.

So unless the others will appear in the World Tournament that's about it on the Gym Leader front.

I'd assume it would go something like:

Cheren
Homika
Burgh
Elesa
Clay
Shizui
Skyla
Drayden

Old June 17th, 2012, 06:07 AM
Haseyo
쏘쿨

Maybe it'll just be nice gaps between leaders, like Platinum Version. I was in my 60s (with a team of 6) without even level grinding before I hit the Elite Four.

I hope they have more than just 3 Pokemon each this time. It would be neat if they do what they do in the anime: You can only use as many Pokemon as the Gym leader has, so we'll have to choose about 3 each time. Make things more interesting.
Old June 17th, 2012, 08:53 AM
Community Supporter

Sadly my expectations for them to have more than three aren't all that high...if Shizui is seventh especially as he has three...

Old June 17th, 2012, 09:01 AM
Haseyo
쏘쿨

Some gyms still have more or less later. Morty had 4, while Jasmine had 3 in Gen II. Never know.
Old June 17th, 2012, 09:38 AM
Community Supporter

Maybe, but than again all of Unova minus the first two (who had two) had three Pokemon much like the numbers of the teams we know...

Old June 17th, 2012, 02:22 PM
Perrie ✿
11/05/1982 - 13/07/2013
Community Supporter

I've just realized that they all only had 3 Pokemon, omg. I hope they do have more. It would be a bit more challenging. One thing that I didn't find really challenging in BW were the gyms.
Old June 17th, 2012, 02:37 PM
Community Supporter

^Yeah they were too easy...if they do end up with only 3 again let them at least be tough to beat Pokemon.

Old June 17th, 2012, 06:55 PM
Jellicent♀
ღ Fairy Wind ღ

Nature: Modest
I like the whole three Pokemon thing, but, I wish they were more challenging to deal with. Like, I think they would have been MUCH more challenging if their Pokemon had better abilities, attacks, and really, better Pokemon. Maybe even limiting each match to 3v3!
Closed Thread
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links