Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Gaming > Fifth Generation
Reload this Page B2 W2 [Spoiler]New Gyms? Gym Speculation

Notices
For all updates, view the main page.

Fifth Generation Are Pokémon slaves to humans? Team Plasma thinks so. Travel the Unova region and prove them wrong in Black & White, and then return two years later in Black2 & White2.

Closed Thread

Old April 14th, 2012 (08:07 AM).
ღ Fairy Wind ღ
Silver Tier

Nature: Modest
Quote originally posted by Forever:
Well the last two weren't in order but uhh, first three were. Going back to water would kinda suck though. :( After all, B/W made everything easy, then B2W2 making it less "easy", or less like a forced order of events. Why do you think steel though? Cause of the mountains nearby? imo I'd say Driftveil will be something mineral based due to the fact that the first time around it was ground. :x Actually yeah, from the craters it could also be psychic, due to aliens or something dumb like that, lol.
I was rethinking that, and yeah that would suck to go back. I was thinking steel because maybe Driftveil dug into an iron/silver mine and now the gym leader was inspired and was changed into a Steel type gym? I can see Psychic being Elgyem and junk like that. I love the thought of a space center gym, with the leader being an alien obsessed scientist.
Old April 14th, 2012 (08:12 AM).
pin pin

Nature: Relaxed
I'm trying to work out the Gym order from the map and it does look like we're getting more new Gyms. There's like 2 more areas after Shizui's, one having a port so the Castelia would be fifth. No fourth because that'll mean more than eight Gyms in the main storyline.

So my persumed order so far:
Poison
Water
Steel
Bug
Electric
Ground
Flying
Dragon
Old April 14th, 2012 (08:20 AM).
tragedy
Crystal Tier

Quote originally posted by Bluerang1:
I'm trying to work out the Gym order from the map and it does look like we're getting more new Gyms. There's like 2 more areas after Shizui's, one having a port so the Castelia would be fifth. No fourth because that'll mean more than eight Gyms in the main storyline.

So my persumed order so far:
Poison
Water
Steel
Bug
Electric
Ground
Flying
Dragon
I do see the Poison type Gym Leader being the first as well, because she seems to have only two Pokémon with her to challenge you.

The Water type Gym/Gym Leader is also shown after Homika in the trailer which leads me to thinking that he would be the second one, and honestly I'm okay with that if so.

smile. paired to vrai & karpman & drew
Old April 14th, 2012 (08:29 AM).
Silver Tier

I'd be fine without a Dark-type gym. We've gotten used to not having one. I would like to see Rock appear somewhere other than the first gym. It never really gets a chance.

Based on what we know Poison seems like it could very easily be the first gym, which works well. Grass types have a weakness, and water and fire are neutral. Add in the possibility that there are some Poison/Bug types and fire gets an advantage. That seems like a good place to start things.
Old April 14th, 2012 (08:34 AM).
☆ a sky full of stars
Crystal Tier

I want them to lead with normal ;__;

@Jellicent: Oh right, and also the fact that Clay is into Excadrill, steel seems like a perfect fit.

And @ Scrafty--Scarf: Just because we haven't had dark before doesn't mean we can't now :3 Unova is the region of changes, after all! I'd feel weird if they didn't consider throwing dark into the mix, considering we haven't had poison for like, ever, etc.
Old April 14th, 2012 (08:39 AM).
YEAOH!!!

Nature: Quiet
Seems to me that these two new gym leaders are the only new ones, with the others possibly making a return. They are given the most importance as they are new characters after all.

Not only that, I strongly believe that the the pevious ones, possibly Brycen, Burgh, Clay, Skyla and Drayden/Iris returning.
Old April 14th, 2012 (08:54 AM).
tragedy
Crystal Tier

Quote originally posted by ChaosSonic:
Seems to me that these two new gym leaders are the only new ones, with the others possibly making a return. They are given the most importance as they are new characters after all.

Not only that, I strongly believe that the the pevious ones, possibly Brycen, Burgh, Clay, Skyla and Drayden/Iris returning.
If only two of the gyms are being replaced with new ones, wouldn't there need to be an explanation as to what happened to the ones that are being replaced?

I'd rather them all be replaced instead of just two, or at least have a well mixture of the old Gyms and their leaders with the new ones. A replacement of Cilan/Chili/Cress could only lead to suspicion if the shadow triad are back in the games. ;)

Old April 14th, 2012 (09:26 AM).
Pokemon Master

Nature: Lax
By the trailer it look's like the water gym is in a new town or city and I think that some old gym leaders might come back and it would also be cool if gym leaders from other regions would be new gym leaders in Unova.
Old April 14th, 2012 (09:52 AM).
ღ Fairy Wind ღ
Silver Tier

Quote originally posted by Kaori:

If only two of the gyms are being replaced with new ones, wouldn't there need to be an explanation as to what happened to the ones that are being replaced?

I'd rather them all be replaced instead of just two, or at least have a well mixture of the old Gyms and their leaders with the new ones. A replacement of Cilan/Chili/Cress could only lead to suspicion if the shadow triad are back in the games. ;)
I can see them removing the triplets. I can also see them being a later gym with evolved and more advanced Pokemon. I would hope that if many leaders are replaced, they would actually explain what happened to the previous leaders, especially considering it is only two years in the future. It's not like it's forty years after the Team Plasma incident at the Pokemon League.
Old April 14th, 2012 (12:20 PM).
10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Silver Tier

Nature: Careful
Their disappearance could have something to do with the ice if it's really there.
I do wonder why they chose to have one of the new gym leaders be Water as Cress was already water...
I'm guessing the Water will be the first gym as the rival is next to you when you meet the water gym leader much like how Cheren was with you when you meet N in the first town in BW. Though that would make Tepig have a disadvantage...
Old April 14th, 2012 (12:58 PM).
tragedy
Crystal Tier

Quote originally posted by Magmaruby and Aquasapphire:
Their disappearance could have something to do with the ice if it's really there.
I do wonder why they chose to have one of the new gym leaders be Water as Cress was already water...
I'm guessing the Water will be the first gym as the rival is next to you when you meet the water gym leader much like how Cheren was with you when you meet N in the first town in BW. Though that would make Tepig have a disadvantage...
But why would Homika only have 2 Pokémon on her team then? If anyone had to be at the first gym, I'd hope it was her for that reason. Plus it would be a major nice change to start off your journey by battling a Poison type gym as a first, and I think that would be fair enough. Snivy would be at the only disadvantage, I suppose.

Old April 14th, 2012 (01:04 PM).
coven
Platinum Tier

Lenora had only 2 Pokémon and she was the second leader but the fact that Homika has been revealed so early could indicate that she is infact the first Gym Leader as well as the fact that she does have two Pokémon. It would be great because there's never been a poison leader for a first gym at all, not even close to it.
Old April 14th, 2012 (01:06 PM).
ღ Fairy Wind ღ
Silver Tier

But why would Homika only have 2 Pokémon on her team then? If anyone had to be at the first gym, I'd hope it was her for that reason. Plus it would be a major nice change to start off your journey by battling a Poison type gym as a first, and I think that would be fair enough. Snivy would be at the only disadvantage, I suppose.
Well she COULD be the second. I mean, Lenora only had two Pokemon, but she was the second gym leader, not the first. Of course, it would be a nice little refreshing change of pace rather than the monkey trio/rock type/Pidgey-keeping gym leaders we've had as a first gym.
Old April 14th, 2012 (02:20 PM).
10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Silver Tier

Nature: Careful
Have they revealed what Pokemon the Poison gym leader has anyways?
Water would be a nice change to, so far it's been 2, 8, and 4/5 so it's only missing 1,3,6, and 7, the water gym could be any of those (why would it be so late you ask if his city appears early? well it can be that we aren't allowed to challenge him until later due to reasons).
Old April 14th, 2012 (02:28 PM). Edited April 14th, 2012 by Kaori.
tragedy
Crystal Tier

Quote originally posted by Magmaruby and Aquasapphire:
Have they revealed what Pokemon the Poison gym leader has anyways?
Water would be a nice change to, so far it's been 2, 8, and 4/5 so it's only missing 1,3,6, and 7, the water gym could be any of those (why would it be so late you ask if his city appears early? well it can be that we aren't allowed to challenge him until later due to reasons).
Nope, just her design/sprite, part of the gym, and the fact that she will have 2 Pokémon.
Edit: After watching Pokémon Smash, there may be a chance that Homika has a Koffing on her team. It was shown from the clip of the anime so it's not definite.

I don't know, because GF revealed him so early, I'm predicting he'll be found early in the game, and you'll battle him around then as well. Unless he plays an important role. I'd like the Water type gym to be at least the second or third gym though, no need for it to be so late in the game.

Old April 14th, 2012 (05:13 PM).
pin pin

Ok big map! I only see seven Gyms, 5 of the old ones, one for Shizui and two other possible Gyms as one or the other, not both. But I'm probably wrong.

Here's the map. I circled already existing Gyms in Red, Shizui's Gym in Blue, and two other possible Gyms in purple.
Spoiler:

What's your take on the Gym locations?

I'm thinking Shizui is the first Gym leader because the funky looking area to the south of Driftveil comes after the little island where I think Shizui's Gym is.
Old April 14th, 2012 (05:57 PM).
☆ a sky full of stars
Crystal Tier

Nope, just her design/sprite, part of the gym, and the fact that she will have 2 Pokémon.
Edit: After watching Pokémon Smash, there may be a chance that Homika has a Koffing on her team. It was shown from the clip of the anime so it's not definite.

I don't know, because GF revealed him so early, I'm predicting he'll be found early in the game, and you'll battle him around then as well. Unless he plays an important role. I'd like the Water type gym to be at least the second or third gym though, no need for it to be so late in the game.
Koffing? I really hope not. :( I'd much rather if the Pokemon from the early gyms were Unova native, so for her to use Trubbish and Venipede! And then after that I'd be fine with using the newer Pokemon. :x
Old April 14th, 2012 (06:00 PM).
ღ Fairy Wind ღ
Silver Tier

I'm pretty chill with her having a Koffing. So long as it isn't anything like Seviper or some junk, I'd be good. I would like to see Unova Pokemon in her team, though. I'm mildly hoping for a Politoed to be in the Water leader's team. c:
Old April 14th, 2012 (06:03 PM).
☆ a sky full of stars
Crystal Tier

Omg, wouldn't it be kinda weird if the water gym leader had Politoed @ DW ability (because of idea of all Pokemon from DW being found) and then Seismitoed and something else with Swift Swim? >__> IF SO, the theory of it being the later gym leader would legit make more sense.
Old April 14th, 2012 (06:10 PM).
ღ Fairy Wind ღ
Silver Tier

Quote originally posted by Forever:
Omg, wouldn't it be kinda weird if the water gym leader had Politoed @ DW ability (because of idea of all Pokemon from DW being found) and then Seismitoed and something else with Swift Swim? >__> IF SO, the theory of it being the later gym leader would legit make more sense.
Oh dear God my hopes are way up too high now. Holy crap. I'm excited. Like, EXTREMELY. DW Politoed in Gym team plz. <3333
Old April 14th, 2012 (06:12 PM).
tragedy
Crystal Tier

Yeah it seems like Homika will have a Koffing or even a Weezing, considering there is a logo of one in her gym.

Old April 14th, 2012 (06:18 PM).
love below
Gold Tier

Nature: Adamant
Seems like it, I also assume she'll use a Unova Pkmn as her signature Pkmn since a lot of leaders in Platinum did the same thing, albeit there weren't any new ones and it'd just promote the region in general to have it that way. My bet's on Scolipede, given that it's design is much more refined and fitting for a gym leader than Garbodor, but you never know!

paired to kaori & vrai
Old April 14th, 2012 (06:19 PM).

Nature: Hasty
Send a message via Skype™ to Xander Olivieri
Don't think Dream World will play into main story. Its extra Metagame bonus. Keeping Dream World abilities in the dream world is what I'm hoping for.

@Koffing part. Who is to say Koffing won't be in New Unova? It could appear right before her gym legalizing it. Doesn't make sense if they have new Pokemon in Unova and not utilize them in Gyms. Part of adding more in is to expand new options for in game battles.

Kinda seeing Marill/Azumarill with Water Gym and maybe Lotad/Lombre since he has Lillypads.
Old April 14th, 2012 (06:20 PM).
pin pin

I really hope Homika doesn't have a Koffin. I want the whole Unova only Pokemon Gyms to stay. Maybe she'll have Koffing when we rematch her.
Old April 14th, 2012 (06:21 PM).
tragedy
Crystal Tier

@Above - Why? Variety will play into the gyms and Elite Four better. :[

@Karpman - Scolipede seems more "rock band" than Garbodor. ...For sure.

Man, I can't wait to see all of the gyms and their leaders. I'm so curious on which ones are coming and going, and how their gyms and teams are going to be like (especially now that old Pokémon are back).

Closed Thread
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

You may also like.. (Beta)