The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Gaming > Fifth Generation

Notices

Fifth Generation Are Pokémon slaves to humans? Team Plasma thinks so. Travel the Unova region and prove them wrong in Black & White, and then return two years later in Black2 & White2.

Advertise here

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old April 15th, 2012, 05:40 PM
OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire
10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Community Supporter

Nature: Careful

Advertise here
Well I found the E4 to be hard...
I hope that the levels of the last gym leader's pokemon are high like in the low 50's at least.
Old April 15th, 2012, 05:43 PM
Antemortem
it's the end of all things

Nature: Naughty
Send a message via Skype™ to Antemortem
I will NOT stand to believe that there is either no electric-gym or there will be a new electric Gym Leader, because Elesa was the best thing Game Freak ever invented. Though, I do believe there will finally be a Dark-gym, since that's the only one that's being held out on.
Old April 15th, 2012, 05:43 PM
Bobbyman46
Brony

The Elite Four the first time was easy since their levels were in the 50's. The only time I had a little trouble with them was when I fought them a second time and their levels jumped like 15 levels. I also really want to be able to fight gym leaders again in their gyms. I mean, literally go up to them and interact with them after you beat them and fight them again after you beat the Elite Four.
Old April 15th, 2012, 05:47 PM
Community Supporter

Rematches are a must, I'll be quite disappointed if they don't have one after adding them to every third version (and Johto remakes) since Gen III.
I'm guessing Lenora and the Straiton gym leaders are missing, so if there was third new gym who else could be missing? Clay?
Old April 15th, 2012, 05:54 PM
Bobbyman46
Brony

I don't know why... but I really want to say the Skyla is gone. She seems like someone who wouldn't be in a sequel... even if she is really hot.
Old April 15th, 2012, 06:01 PM
Volcarona
then live beautifully until the end
Community Supporter

Very interesting design here. The blues and pinks remind me of the specks on Trubbish/Garbador. The guitar is reminiscent of the Venipede family. Her Koffing plays on punk/rock skulls...? Regardless of levels, those three work for me.

If they return gym leader rematches, I hope Homika owns a Roserade. It has white hair, has blue/pink/red colors, and is a pun on rock band Poison's "Every rose has its thorn" song.

Badge: Tainted badge. ANOTHER SONG PUN.

edit: looks like she only has two pokeballs. Venipede and Koffing then. Praying for rematches! v_v

Forget the world, tears, and the notion of strength
I only want to hear your beautiful laughter
It flares up and sparkles
The magic within you which I cannot see in myself

Last edited by Volcarona; April 15th, 2012 at 06:06 PM.
Old April 15th, 2012, 06:04 PM
Antemortem
it's the end of all things

Nature: Naughty
Send a message via Skype™ to Antemortem
Hmm

Beedrill lv11
Venipede lv11
Koffing lv13

I feel noobish, so I typed that pretty quickly. Also, her hair is so kawaii!
Old April 15th, 2012, 07:18 PM
Cherrim
the blossom pokémon

Nature: Relaxed
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRiGa View Post
Homika - Poison-type Gym Leader

I was wandering what pokemon do you think she would use in the gym battle. I also want to know what you guys think of what her gym badge will be called.

I speculate
-Koffing
-Venipede

Gym Badge - Acid Badge
Merged your thread into the gym speculation discussion.

previously known as lightning.
tumblrtwitter

Old April 15th, 2012, 07:21 PM
Community Supporter

I can see the poison gym leader having Koffin and Ekans, though she'll proably have a Venepede like most have stated.
Old April 15th, 2012, 09:08 PM
Boarbeque
Deep Voiced Nerd

Nature: Adamant
Im honestly hoping for more than 8 gyms. If they would break the 2 games and then a third tradition, maybe they'll break the 8 gyms tradition.
Old April 15th, 2012, 09:17 PM
Oryx
Of the pigeon, by the pigeon, for the pigeon
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boarbeque View Post
Im honestly hoping for more than 8 gyms. If they would break the 2 games and then a third tradition, maybe they'll break the 8 gyms tradition.
Or they could even just have pseudo-gyms. Maybe someone is no longer a gym leader but they chose to keep their gym open as a training place, and you can challenge them even though you don't get a badge for it? It would be interesting without breaking their tradition.
PM
Old April 15th, 2012, 09:19 PM
Jellicent♀
ღ Fairy Wind ღ

Nature: Modest
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toujours View Post

Or they could even just have pseudo-gyms. Maybe someone is no longer a gym leader but they chose to keep their gym open as a training place, and you can challenge them even though you don't get a badge for it? It would be interesting without breaking their tradition.
Maybe they could use one of those gyms for how they did in HGSS, where all the Gym Leaders will go depending on what day it is and battle you there for a rematch!
Old April 15th, 2012, 09:21 PM
Livewire_
Knight of Three

Nature: Adamant
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Livewire_
Yes yes yes yes a million times yes, a Dark Gym. Make it the 8th and final leader too, so that they're pretty powerful Dark types. >:D
Old April 15th, 2012, 09:37 PM
Community Supporter

Imagine fighting Iris in a rematch where she could have the like of Dragonite, Salamence, Garchomp, and Hydreigon...she would be a boss ! same goes for Drayden...
If the final gym were dark I'll like for them to have Tyranitar,Hydreigon, Zoroark, Weavile, Houndoom, and Absol (the last three help keep the team from being overpowered).
Old April 15th, 2012, 11:59 PM
Forever
let it go

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magmaruby and Aquasapphire View Post
Imagine fighting Iris in a rematch where she could have the like of Dragonite, Salamence, Garchomp, and Hydreigon...she would be a boss ! same goes for Drayden...
If the final gym were dark I'll like for them to have Tyranitar,Hydreigon, Zoroark, Weavile, Houndoom, and Absol (the last three help keep the team from being overpowered).
From playing NU I can say Absol isn't under powered by any means tbh. :x

As for Iris & Drayden, don't think they should have all the strongest, perhaps mainly Unova ones, since put them together and that's WAY too overpowered imo. :(
Old April 16th, 2012, 04:09 AM
[Your Name Here]

Nature: Bold
Quote:
Originally Posted by Forever View Post
tbh they might end up swapping the Elite Four and the actual gyms, and have ice/fire/electric/dragon in elite four, and have fighting/dark/psychic/ghost in the actual cities.

Ghost would be located in Icirrus (dragons/legendaries, kind of spooky @ Dragonspiral Tower), Dark would be located in Opelucid (I could see legit dark themes there), Psychic would be located in Nimbasa (I consider Nimbasa as "fun", while ghosts aka what Kanto taught us, are "fun") and the first gym would just be fighting, so that you can't use the wild Pokemon - aka weak to fighting. And... water wouldn't have a gym, as well as grass. :x
I'm pretty sure that water, along with poison, will have a gym.

As for the idea of having a fire-type E4? That's already been used. If they totally switch out the Elite 4, then it'd be cool if they had Electric, Flying, Grass, and Rock. Those types have never been used in the E4. I strongly agree dark should be used as a gym.

If they don't switch out the current E4, I think that Alder will most likely step down from his champion position and have either Marshal or Grimsley take the position. Either Cheren or Bianca (most likely Cheren) could become champion as well, or if not, a new E4 member. As for Drayden, he could become an E4 member, as it's happened before with Koga.
Old April 16th, 2012, 04:15 AM
Mew~
THE HOST IS BROKEN

Nature: Quirky
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Mew~
We've seen Homika with a Koffing in the best wishes previews so we could easily assume it'll be one of the her Pokémon (I wouldn't be surprised if she had multiple) in B2/W2, even if the anime never always give Gym Leaders their Pokémon from the games, but it's most likely. But yeah - I hope she has a Croagunk, idk, it looks like it would fit her personality.

I can't really see her with anything like a Budew or Roselia, I mean - she has that edge about her, she probably likes the more vicious poison types.

As for Shizui, he should totally have a Sharpedo, idk, I sort of see it. Maybe a Panpour or Simipour - mainly due to their similarities in appearance. xD;

Last edited by Mew~; April 16th, 2012 at 04:21 AM.
Old April 16th, 2012, 04:32 AM
Jellicent♀
ღ Fairy Wind ღ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mew~ View Post
We've seen Homika with a Koffing in the best wishes previews so we could easily assume it'll be one of the her Pokémon (I wouldn't be surprised if she had multiple) in B2/W2, even if the anime never always give Gym Leaders their Pokémon from the games, but it's most likely. But yeah - I hope she has a Croagunk, idk, it looks like it would fit her personality.

I can't really see her with anything like a Budew or Roselia, I mean - she has that edge about her, she probably likes the more vicious poison types.

As for Shizui, he should totally have a Sharpedo, idk, I sort of see it. Maybe a Panpour or Simipour - mainly due to their similarities in appearance. xD;

That you for the link omg
Croagunk seems likely. Given the area that we're playing in, plus every main character seems to have a wetsuit of some sort, I wouldn't be surprised to see Pokemon you'd see in a bayou area. I think Roselia would be like that cute twist, though.

I can totally see Shizui with a Sharpedo. He looks like the type of man who would go out into see and wrestle one down. I'm still hoping and pulling for there to be a Politoed on his team, though.
Old April 16th, 2012, 04:42 AM
Forever
let it go

Sharpedo would be nice, but something like Clamperl would be a good twist, since he seems like he's a diver of sorts. :3
Old April 16th, 2012, 04:45 AM
Jellicent♀
ღ Fairy Wind ღ

I didn't think of that! o3o
Maybe he'll have a Relicanth! <33333
Gosh, I hope he has more than two Pokemon. I so want his team to now be Clamperl, Simipour, Sharpedo, and Politoed. c:

Last edited by Jellicent♀; April 16th, 2012 at 04:45 AM. Reason: misspelling lol
Old April 16th, 2012, 04:57 AM
Forever
let it go

Definitely something found underwater, hmmm. Perhaps like a Gorebyss and/or a Huntail, depending on the version you have?
Old April 16th, 2012, 04:59 AM
Jellicent♀
ღ Fairy Wind ღ

That'd be neat! Like, Black 2 he will have a Gorebyss and White 2 he will have a Huntail or something. o3o

And I have to say, if the trio brothers come back and are Gym Leaders again, I think it'd be awesome if they were a triple/rotation battle depending on what version you have.
Old April 16th, 2012, 05:10 AM
chaos11011
Habunake, Bite!

Nature: Docile
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to chaos11011
I hope we get a Steel or Grass Gym Leader, as it was impossible to find a trainer in BW with a Ferrothorn :S
Old April 16th, 2012, 05:26 AM
Hoenn
Asylum
Community Supporter

Send a message via Skype™ to Hoenn
I hope the levels are increased of the Gym Leaders and the E4, Black and White wasn't easy but it wasn't difficult, I'd like to see the E4 in mid 50's and increase for each member rather than have them all at 48-50.
Oh and another thing I'd want is to be able to battle the Champion first time rather than wait for the rematches.

Old April 16th, 2012, 05:32 AM
Jellicent♀
ღ Fairy Wind ღ

I thought the levels of the first few leaders was just dandy. It's when it got later in the game that it was getting too easy. Like Drayden/Iris definitely needed higher level Pokemon.
Closed Thread
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

Advertise here