The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Creative Discussions > Emulation & ROM Hacking > Hacks Showcase

Notices

Hacks Showcase Want to play a hack? Here, you can play some good quality hacks… or you can make your own and submit it here! (Unless you can show a significant amount of development, your hack starts at the "Progressing Hacks" forum first.)
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old July 18th, 2012, 08:13 PM
munchhack
Advanced Scripter

Nature: Adamant
This Pokemon Hack looks good but the sprites kind of look weird. I also did not like the animations of the new moves. What I did like was the incorporation of Generation V Pokemon and the new trainer cards.
Old July 19th, 2012, 12:16 AM
tajaros
Hi I'm dawg

Nature: Timid
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to tajaros
Hey, guys good news!

I've already finished working on the hack so DarkRisingGirl will be taking over, so the release won't take any longer!

Last edited by tajaros; July 19th, 2012 at 08:46 PM.
Old July 19th, 2012, 12:54 AM
DarkRisingGirl
Order Must Be Restored

Nature: Relaxed
@_munchhack

I've put in all of the newer moves from gen 4 & 5 that are the most used in competitive battles/most popular. Although their atttack power/PP/and effects are correct, I haven't gotten to their correct animations or descriptions yet.

Good News/Bad News UPDATE:

Good News: I completed all of the main event scripts for Beta 2! However, I still have to edit everything in between them now on the main rom. This is good news because it reduces the time for the making of the 2nd beta to be released.

These screenshots show the ending battle of Beta 2. By now, you've collected all 8 badges in the CORE Region & obtained Arceus. Now, the player is off to the nearby region known as the OMNI region to battle Darugis at it's lair & save someone who is very important to him/her. Like the first region, there will be 8 badges in the OMNI region as well. It'll feel like 2 games in 1 rom. The hack will be seperated in 4 releases. 1st Beta is 4 badges, 2nd beta is 8 badges, 3rd beta is 12 badges, 4th beta is 16 badges & the final events that follow(The complete hack).

Bad News: As Tajaros said, he has Just given me the main rom. He's been very busy with school, which delayed the progress & appointed time I will have to finalize everything. I hope you all understand he has put alot of work into the hack, but due to me having less time to put everything together, it May or May Not be released on July 30th. BUT, it will release sometime within that same week. I will try my hardest to get everything done by July 30th as promised, but if not...It'll be released sometime in that same week. So expect to play between July 30th(Monday)-August 5th(Sunday)
Old July 19th, 2012, 02:30 AM
Satoshi Ookami
Memento Mori

Nature: Calm
The Shadow Lugia's OW is AWESOME!
I've never seen better XD001 OW.
I bow to the one who made it.
Old July 19th, 2012, 02:37 AM
pirouette

Oh, the OW is simply incredible. Such nice colors......
Old July 19th, 2012, 03:35 AM
Volcanix769
Known as the Quilava Guy!

Nature: Careful
The OW seems good in the game, Tajaros did a good job on this. And Meditite isn't in this game.
Old July 19th, 2012, 04:46 AM
NightkymZ
Ultimate Tiles Matcher

Yea...It seem good...
So the first beta finally out...
Gonna work hard on nest beta.
So,
tajaros
I heard you is a scripter,can guide me how to make a script and insert it.
I dont know how.If can help me,pm me
For the author of dk,thanks...

Incomming ROMHACK
www.facebook.com/blackremakes
http://www.romhack.me/shinynight
http://www.romhack.me/jademerald

Dont Forget To Like!
Old July 19th, 2012, 05:37 AM
Sarcastic Prince
Starting anew...

Send a message via Skype™ to Sarcastic Prince
Quote:
Originally Posted by NightkymZ View Post
Yea...It seem good...
So,
tajaros
If scripting is what you'd like to learn, refer to here: http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=164276

The OWs and sprites of the main characters need a lot of work, to be honest. I still see a lot of similarities with characters from the mainstream games.

There's a solution to this. Hire a spriter and OW spriter. That'll solve your problem.
Old July 19th, 2012, 11:39 PM
PokemonMasters
Always Remember Forever&After

this hack looks nice, but screenshots 1-6 looks kind of plain. like its empty. and why dont you focus on making beta 1 perfect instead of working on beta 2?
Old July 20th, 2012, 03:12 AM
tajaros
Hi I'm dawg

Quote:
Originally Posted by NightkymZ View Post
Yea...It seem good...
So,
tajaros
As, Sarcastic Prince said you should check this one out http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=164276 well, I'll Pm you anyway...

Quote:
Originally Posted by PokemonMasters View Post
this hack looks nice, but screenshots 1-6 looks kind of plain. like its empty. and why dont you focus on making beta 1 perfect instead of working on beta 2?
That's what were doing right know silly , and by you mean screenshots the one's in the first page?

Also were doing some things for BETA 2 so that after this, we'll be able to work on it much easily...

They're old for you to know, there are newer ones in previous pages...
Old July 20th, 2012, 07:32 AM
DarkRisingGirl
Order Must Be Restored

@_Sarcastic Prince

As I've said before, the OWs & Sprites are great for Now. They may recieve improvements later on, but not at the moment as I'm currently trying to get other more important parts of the hack fixed up. It's in the progression section for a reason, I'm slowly making progress to make things better.

@_PokemonMasters

The screenshots in the OP are old, but actually around 60% of the maps in the screenshots I've taken will be remaped as I get to finalizing those areas. I've been working on Beta 2 while my partner Tajaros was working on Beta 1 scripts. This'll make things easier for the both of us & allow releases much quicker. The hack's storyline from beginning to end has already been done in my 1st hack I created, so making the main event scripts quickly is simple for me.
Old July 20th, 2012, 02:50 PM
Southueki
Writer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkRisingGirl View Post
@_Sarcastic Prince

As I've said before, the OWs & Sprites are great for Now. They may recieve improvements later on, but not at the moment as I'm currently trying to get other more important parts of the hack fixed up. It's in the progression section for a reason, I'm slowly making progress to make things better.

@_PokemonMasters

The screenshots in the OP are old, but actually around 60% of the maps in the screenshots I've taken will be remaped as I get to finalizing those areas. I've been working on Beta 2 while my partner Tajaros was working on Beta 1 scripts. This'll make things easier for the both of us & allow releases much quicker. The hack's storyline from beginning to end has already been done in my 1st hack I created, so making the main event scripts quickly is simple for me.
I actually think the screenies look pretty great
And it's good to hear that, since I can't wait for this hack to be finished. It looks really awesome imo, and seems to have a rather interesting storyline!

Keep it coming :D
Old July 20th, 2012, 07:11 PM
Helios1995
Beginning Trainer

as far as i can tell, it looks fantastic (though i'm still new to playing pokemon hacks. :3)
can't wait to try it. though i can't find the beta 1 download anywhere...
Old July 20th, 2012, 07:57 PM
PokemonMasters
Always Remember Forever&After

since bagon, dratini and gible are the starters will they have different levels to evolve or will it be the same? because i dont think its fair that gible evolves at an earlier level and its final evolution at 48 because dratinis final evolution is at level 55 and bagon's at 50.
Old July 20th, 2012, 08:20 PM
slim spazzy
Best Beta tester

Nature: Hasty
hey i like the tiles and the storylin.... im lookin forward to seeing this hack complete

You must edit it to meet the limits set by the rules before you may remove the [sig-reason] code from your signature. Removing this tag will re-enable it.

Do not remove the tag until you fix the issues in your signature. You may be infracted for removing this tag if you do not fix the specified issues. Do not use this tag for decoration purposes.
Old July 20th, 2012, 10:46 PM
tajaros
Hi I'm dawg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Helios1995 View Post
as far as i can tell, it looks fantastic (though i'm still new to playing pokemon hacks. :3)
can't wait to try it. though i can't find the beta 1 download anywhere...
Beta 1 hasn't been realeased yet....

Quote:
Originally Posted by PokemonMasters View Post
since bagon, dratini and gible are the starters will they have different levels to evolve or will it be the same? because i dont think its fair that gible evolves at an earlier level and its final evolution at 48 because dratinis final evolution is at level 55 and bagon's at 50.
Yes, the evolutions will remain the same but it will be fair because the other two dragons learns more greater moves than gible like, Heat Wave, Icy Wind, Hydro Pump, etc...
Old July 20th, 2012, 11:20 PM
DarkRisingGirl
Order Must Be Restored

Don't forget, the other dragons learn a recovery move in Roost. I believe Gible is the most powerful to start off with, but as you progress in the hack, the other dragons may be a little better in terms of the moves. For example, most of Gible/Gabite's moves are attacks like Slash, Bite, Take Down, Metal Claw, Dig, etc. Dratini/Dragonair on the other hand has access to a variety of special attacks like getting Dragon Pulse the earliest out of the three, Heat Wave, and Icy Wind(Although, Dratini is the hardest to start off with as it only knows wrap & leer at the beginning, Followed by T-wave. So you're pretty much screwed until you get Dragonbreath at lv14). Salamence also learns Hydro Pump at lv58 in this hack followed by Roost in the mid-low 60s. I'd say Bagon is the most balance at the start. So they all have their advantages...

I've finalized the beta up to the 1st major city so far. 25% done, 75% more left to go. I'd say it'll be ready for the 30th. (Don't want to Jynx myself though.)

Last edited by DarkRisingGirl; July 20th, 2012 at 11:27 PM.
Old July 21st, 2012, 12:08 AM
Loonie
Mischievous Gamer

O.o nice game.. and the sprites looks great ill be waiting for the beta release of this keep this up =)

2.) Banner Maker :D
3.) Beginner at Mapping !!
Currently nothings been done yet .. hahaha

Hacks I Support:

My Blooper .... Yeah ..

Old July 21st, 2012, 09:15 AM
Helios1995
Beginning Trainer

oh. okay, so that's why i couldn't find it. i'll be anticipating this. i'll support it :3. i wish you ppl luck. keelah s'lai
Old July 22nd, 2012, 01:56 AM
DarkRisingGirl
Order Must Be Restored

I've updated the Pokemon Beta 1 List with Gothita as a new addition to a specific route. It's posted in the OP...

I've just gotten up to the 2nd major city. I'm about 40% done with everything in Beta 1 being finalized. Progress is going even quicker than I imagined. However, the gap between the 2nd major city & the 3rd major city will be the long, drag-out part for me because there's 5 routes, 1 town, and 2 caves seperating them. Wish me luck!
Old July 22nd, 2012, 04:36 AM
leachim_paloyz15
~ セールマイケル

Send a message via Yahoo to leachim_paloyz15 Send a message via Skype™ to leachim_paloyz15
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkRisingGirl View Post
I've updated the Pokemon Beta 1 List with Gothita as a new addition to a specific route. It's posted in the OP...

I've just gotten up to the 2nd major city. I'm about 40% done with everything in Beta 1 being finalized. Progress is going even quicker than I imagined. However, the gap between the 2nd major city & the 3rd major city will be the long, drag-out part for me because there's 5 routes, 1 town, and 2 caves seperating them. Wish me luck!
Good luck!
That seems a lot.

I look forward to the release!

Old July 22nd, 2012, 09:03 AM
Helios1995
Beginning Trainer

i wish you luck.
highly anticipating this.
only 8 more days!
:D
Old July 22nd, 2012, 03:32 PM
FlygonMan

CANT WAIT!!!
I Hope You wont make us wait as long for the relese of the second beta
Old July 22nd, 2012, 06:49 PM
DarkRisingGirl
Order Must Be Restored

@_Flygonman

It depends. Beta 2 will have alot more events and places in it. But I do have everything scripted already in a practice rom. (Cool username and picture btw. ^.^)

Thanks for the support, everyone. I believe I spoke of this before, but if anyone has the time & skill, I NEED Yugi OW sprites BADLY. Just the walking frames & all must have the exact same pallete colors. It doesn't have to look perfect, just good enough for someone who doesn't know about the hack & saw it to say; "Hey, is that Yugi? It looks like him, somewhat."

Beta 1 is 51% Complete btw...
Old July 22nd, 2012, 10:03 PM
Dylanrockin
Mysterious Trainer

Just a random (and I mean very random) question. How long do you think the entire game is in a whole, would you estimate?
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links