Community

The PokéCommunity

We are still working on a better slogan!

Visit Index

Advertise here

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > ROM Hacking > Hacks Studio
Notices

Hacks Studio Hacks Studio is the go-to destination for browsing our curated collection of ROM hacks, all made by PokéCommunity members! Patch, play and enjoy!
(Made a bit of progress on a ROM hack already? Post your projects in the Progressing Hacks forum!)
ROM Hacks are to subject to moderator approval before they are displayed.

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old July 23rd, 2012, 12:21 AM
DarkRisingGirl
Order Must Be Restored

Nature: Relaxed

Advertise here
@_Dylanrockin

In a whole? Sheeesh...Random wild estimate if a person started playing & NEVER stoped to take a break? I'd say...72hrs. That's If & only If the person NEVER turned it off lol. I don't know though, that's just a complete guess. I've been playing through & some event opponents like Brock & Kaz after the 2nd gym are really strong. The type of opponents you'd have to go back & train 2-3 more levels up. Here's a screenshot example of what I'm talking about:

In the game, each of the dragon starters learns DragonBreath at Lv14. Shelgon & Dragonair learn DragonPulse at lv30. Gabite learns Dragon Claw at lv30. This screenshot shows an example of what I mentioned above. Dragonair's gonna go first obviously, and it's DragonPulse is so strong, you either have to train Shelgon or someone who resist it or takes neutral damage well, OR use the super potion strategy like I did to win(Send out someone who can take the hit at least once, then keep using super potions until Dragonair runs out of Dragon Pulses. Which is 10 times...)

The hack is very difficult, so I can guess that it'll take a very long time to finish with some of the opponents requiring you to lv up in order to beat them.
Old July 23rd, 2012, 03:18 AM
Dylanrockin
Mysterious Trainer

Nature: Timid
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkRisingGirl View Post
@_Dylanrockin

In a whole? Sheeesh...Random wild estimate if a person started playing & NEVER stoped to take a break? I'd say...72hrs. That's If & only If the person NEVER turned it off lol. I don't know though, that's just a complete guess. I've been playing through & some event opponents like Brock & Kaz after the 2nd gym are really strong. The type of opponents you'd have to go back & train 2-3 more levels up. Here's a screenshot example of what I'm talking about:

In the game, each of the dragon starters learns DragonBreath at Lv14. Shelgon & Dragonair learn DragonPulse at lv30. Gabite learns Dragon Claw at lv30. This screenshot shows an example of what I mentioned above. Dragonair's gonna go first obviously, and it's DragonPulse is so strong, you either have to train Shelgon or someone who resist it or takes neutral damage well, OR use the super potion strategy like I did to win(Send out someone who can take the hit at least once, then keep using super potions until Dragonair runs out of Dragon Pulses. Which is 10 times...)

The hack is very difficult, so I can guess that it'll take a very long time to finish with some of the opponents requiring you to lv up in order to beat them.
Oh, and one last random question, the attacks like Dragon Pulse and stuff from later generations. Do they have custom animations?
Old July 23rd, 2012, 05:10 AM
NightkymZ
Ultimate Tiles Matcher

Hey...I think beta 2,she will insert a lot of b/w tiles~...wait and see...^.^
more better right?
Hacks I Respect it Graphic:

Incomming ROMHACK
www.facebook.com/blackremakes
http://www.romhack.me/shinynight
http://www.romhack.me/jademerald

Dont Forget To Like!
Old July 23rd, 2012, 05:32 AM
SkyIsDarkBlue
Unhatched Egg

I CAN'T WAITTTTTTT OMG. WHEN????? I CAN SEE THE LIGHT AT THE END.......... THE PUNISHMENT WILL BE OVER SOON!!!!!!!!!
Old July 23rd, 2012, 05:35 AM
DarkRisingGirl
Order Must Be Restored

@_DylanRockin

Not at the moment, No. I'm still trying to learn how to perfectly edit the attack animations. I've tried a couple times, but screwed up. But don't worry, the new attacks won't have whacky animations that doesn't look like the actual move. The animation for the new attacks at least show some or alot of resemblance to the actual animation of the attack. Espically Stone Edge as it's the easiest to duplicate.

@_SkyIsDarkBlue

Around this time on this day next week. I'm about 70% positive I'll be done by the 30th. I'm on super grind mode!

Last edited by DarkRisingGirl; July 23rd, 2012 at 05:41 AM.
Old July 23rd, 2012, 06:43 AM
Dylanrockin
Mysterious Trainer

Quote:
@_DylanRockin

Not at the moment, No. I'm still trying to learn how to perfectly edit the attack animations. I've tried a couple times, but screwed up. But don't worry, the new attacks won't have whacky animations that doesn't look like the actual move. The animation for the new attacks at least show some or alot of resemblance to the actual animation of the attack. Espically Stone Edge as it's the easiest to duplicate.

@_SkyIsDarkBlue

Around this time on this day next week. I'm about 70% positive I'll be done by the 30th. I'm on super grind mode!
What program if any do you use for animating attacks? Unless it is done specifically by hex coding.
Old July 23rd, 2012, 07:35 AM
Lugia_Da_Boss
Togepi

Will it be possible to get Charizard in this game?
Old July 23rd, 2012, 07:44 AM
DarkRisingGirl
Order Must Be Restored

@_DylanRockin

Hex Coding or using UnlZ.Gba to find the image of the animation & try to create the new image of the attack yourself.

@_Lugia Da Boss

Yes, Charmander is in a cave a little after the 2nd gym.
Old July 23rd, 2012, 09:23 AM
glaceon12
Beginning Trainer

Nature: Jolly
You make it very tempting for me to take Dratini as my starter... Will the VS seeker be available very early? I like having it around. It could be given in the place of the town map, I don't think anyone uses that. Or after you win your first battle against nurse joy and doc. Roy! Or something? Will Pokemon like Patrat and Sentret be stronger and learn good moves. Like elemental punches, so they will be more useful
Old July 23rd, 2012, 11:57 AM
DarkRisingGirl
Order Must Be Restored

@_Glaceon12

Dratini is the hardest starter to begin with. But in my opinion, it becomes the best one out of the 3 if you stick with it. I believe your rival gives you the seeker after you defeat him for the 2nd time. Sentret isn't in the hack, but Patrat is. The pokemon will only learn the moves they can learn by Leveling up or Breeding from the actual game. Since BW2's been released, alot of weaker pokemon has gotten stronger. So I have done a few updates to my hack when it comes to the moves they all learn. If Patrat learns the elemental punches from the BW2 tutor, I'll give it those attacks. If it learned those punches from the original BW, I'm positive Watchog in my hack will learn them. I still haven't looked into all of the newer moves BW2 has given each pokemon Yet.

It's still a work-in progress(Mostly because I'm too lazy to do the sprites) but the player will recieve "Fishing Gear" in the hack. Not only does it come with a Rod, but the player's OW will change when you're fishing. I haven't done the sprites yet, but after Beta 1 is released, I'll begin working on them & the fisherman will give you the Fishing Gear instead of "Old Rod" in the first village after you leave home.

Last edited by DarkRisingGirl; July 23rd, 2012 at 12:04 PM.
Old July 23rd, 2012, 03:39 PM
PokemonMasters
Always Remember Forever&After

Nature: Calm
how many hours of gameplay do you think beta 1 will have?

+ForeverDash on PC's Battle Server | Pair | VM/PM |Partner In Crime
Old July 23rd, 2012, 04:28 PM
hinkage
Go make some new disaster
Community Supporter

Thank GOD you changed the graphics/sprites. Honestly, I thought the old ones were poop.

Still I think Oren/Kayo's sprites could be better. For example, Kayo's hair is all one color, and needs detail (that's about the extent of my artistic talent, tho).
Old July 23rd, 2012, 08:43 PM
tajaros
Hi I'm dawg

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to tajaros
Quote:
Originally Posted by PokemonMasters View Post
how many hours of gameplay do you think beta 1 will have?
Here's the answer for that...

Quote:

In a whole? Sheeesh...Random wild estimate if a person started playing & NEVER stoped to take a break? I'd say...72hrs. That's If & only If the person NEVER turned it off lol. I don't know though, that's just a complete guess.
Quote:
Originally Posted by hinkage View Post
Thank GOD you changed the graphics/sprites. Honestly, I thought the old ones were poop.

Still I think Oren/Kayo's sprites could be better. For example, Kayo's hair is all one color, and needs detail (that's about the extent of my artistic talent, tho).
Did you mean the OW or the Trainer Sprite?
Old July 23rd, 2012, 09:23 PM
DiamondBlueMoon
The powerful Tyranitar

Nature: Serious
I strongly recommend that Larvitar, or Hippotas, should be catchable very soon, for those who want to build a sand team, as well as sun - rain team And for those who like to utilize Gible as the main part of their team.
Hack I support:

-----------------------------------------------------------
Hey, you guys should check this out, it is an awesome club, I confirmed that
Old July 23rd, 2012, 09:32 PM
mewmasterify
Actual Mew

Nature: Quiet
is there Going to be a Life inside there and is Outrage gonna be inside it?
Old July 23rd, 2012, 09:40 PM
tajaros
Hi I'm dawg

Quote:
Originally Posted by mewmasterify View Post
is there Going to be a Life inside there and is Outrage gonna be inside it?
Huh? what do you mean about that?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiamondBlueMoon View Post
I strongly recommend that Larvitar, or Hippotas, should be catchable very soon, for those who want to build a sand team, as well as sun - rain team And for those who like to utilize Gible as the main part of their team.
I think, they will be added in BETA 2 since there's a place there that's like a desert...
Old July 23rd, 2012, 10:21 PM
mewmasterify
Actual Mew

sorry if i didn't say the question right but will there be a new Item Called the Life Orb and will there be a new Dragon Move called Outrage
Old July 23rd, 2012, 10:25 PM
tajaros
Hi I'm dawg

Quote:
sorry if i didn't say the question right but will there be a new Item Called the Life Orb and will there be a new Dragon Move called Outrage
No there's such thing as Life Orb in the hack, If I'm not mistaken....

And Outrage is not a new move it's a move since Gen1 for you to know....
And yes, Outrage is in the game...
Old July 23rd, 2012, 10:39 PM
ROBO-BOY
The Monkey Man

Nature: Brave
IT'S ALMOST BETA TIME!!!

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOP WOOOOOOOOOOOOOP
Ok, so it is my Johto Dream Team...
Old July 24th, 2012, 05:32 AM
DarkRisingGirl
Order Must Be Restored

@_DiamondBlueMoon

Hippopotas is available shortly after the 2nd gym, and Larvitar almost right after. I'm not picking favorites when it comes to the weather pokemon. Vulpix is available right after the first town & Poliwag after the 1st badge. The reason is, they fit the areas. Larvitar is much too rare to be seen That early in a hack, but it is available on your way to the 3rd major city with a badge in it.
Old July 24th, 2012, 10:02 AM
mewmasterify
Actual Mew

Yay! Outrage is gonna be inside oh ya btw not to Correct u directly but its been there since 2nd gen
Old July 24th, 2012, 10:09 AM
Saving Raven
Original Creator of Pokémon X

Nature: Sassy
Send a message via Skype™ to Saving Raven
This looks amazing :D
I love how theres a lot of characters, it makes for a lot of dialogue and story, something thats been overlooked in a lot of pokemon games...

And the gym leaders having a unique pokemon is a really nice idea, I had a similar idea to that, but not for every gym leader :o

also, i love the character designs, their looks really pop out
Old July 24th, 2012, 09:18 PM
DarkRisingGirl
Order Must Be Restored

Good News: I've forgot to mention, we've allowed Running in Houses & Buildings of all kinds in the hack. No more walking because you're inside...

Bad News: I've seem to have come to a road block. The Entei event isn't occuring like we've planed. So I'm sending the rom back to Tajaros tonight so he can go over it. Hopefully, he can fix the problem right away before I wake up in the morning & I'll be right back on the same track of finalizing everything.

Regardless of any issue, The hack'll be released next week sometime.
Old July 24th, 2012, 11:56 PM
SkyIsDarkBlue
Unhatched Egg

I hope its before the 30th
Old July 25th, 2012, 12:14 AM
Satoshi Ookami
Memento Mori
Community Supporter

Nature: Calm
Quote:
Yay! Outrage is gonna be inside oh ya btw not to Correct u directly but its been there since 2nd gen
What's so great about Outrage?
Not to mention it's pretty useless without it being Physical move...
ROM hacking FAQ - Read before asking how to play a hack. | Previous Sign 2 | Previous Sign

Anime List | PSN Trophy List
Closed Thread
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

Advertise here