The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > ROM Hacking > Hacks Studio

Notices

Hacks Studio Hacks Studio is the go-to destination for browsing our curated collection of ROM hacks, all made by PokéCommunity members! Patch, play and enjoy!
(Made a bit of progress on a ROM hack already? Post your projects in the Progressing Hacks forum!)
ROM Hacks are to subject to moderator approval before they are displayed.

Advertise here

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old August 20th, 2013, 10:52 AM
Projectwolfie
I play for keeps!

Advertise here
Quote:
Originally Posted by alienhunterx View Post
It seems like you are screwed man ! because there ain't no other way to get the badge when you have missed it. It is only up to some hack team member who adds something to help people
Actually there is!

It's just extremely long and contrived, no one tells you anything even close to being about it, but you meet Groudon in the process. I don't even remember where it is but I do remember it being really silly for such an absolutely needed thing.

Quote:
Hello, I seen some of the later Gen Pokemon sprites, might I recommend using the 64x64 DS Pokemon sprite resource here for the later Gen Pokemon. I know all the Gen IV and V Pokemon have been completed and are ready for Gen III Rom Hacks. They would look a bit better.
^This is something that should be posted on every single thing that does this. Seriously. It makes things look hilariously bad, especially on the evolutions. Every hacker should look harder than 5 minutes when looking for sprites if they're not making their own, it pays off many times over.

Quote:
Is fire type attacks in this game physical or special
Excuse me but, have you ever played Pokemon before? It's exactly like that game on GBA...
Actually wait, there's a good reason why this should be asked and it's because of the movesets on the AI. There's a reason for no damage split being present, but I would rather not bring that back up because it resulted in drama that was deleted from the thread. Just know that the moves work off of Gen 3 mechanics and that isn't ever going to be changed.

Last edited by Projectwolfie; August 20th, 2013 at 11:07 AM.
Old August 20th, 2013, 12:57 PM
The_CGC

Nature: Bold
Erm, who is xNova13, is that a reffrence or something I am clueless about?

Want to know whats wrong with someone? The real question is what ISN'T wrong with that person.
That is the real answer.
Old August 20th, 2013, 10:43 PM
alienhunterx

Nature: Brave
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to alienhunterx
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ash493;7794354[B
][/B]

You mean the reason that she run away after being objectively criticized for the bugs from DR1?
No no, lol I did not mean that. How can a person have so little heart not to stand against critics. I believe she had personal reasons to abandon it

[QUOTE=alienhunterx;7796017]/QUOTE]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Projectwolfie View Post
Actually there is!

It's just extremely long and contrived, no one tells you anything even close to being about it, but you meet Groudon in the process. I don't even remember where it is but I do remember it being really silly for such an absolutely needed thing.
I am quite clueless about your answer. What are you saying?? I only answered what was best at the moment for him

Last edited by alienhunterx; August 20th, 2013 at 10:45 PM. Reason: Your double post has been automatically merged.
Old August 20th, 2013, 11:46 PM
Satoshi Ookami
Memento Mori
Community Supporter

Nature: Calm
Quote:
Originally Posted by The_CGC View Post
Erm, who is xNova13, is that a reffrence or something I am clueless about?
What...? Who are you talking about? o.O
Care to post a screen?

Anime List | PSN Trophy List
Old August 21st, 2013, 01:48 PM
icecool86

So some of the glitches for example the glitch in the first gym leader town, can you duel that professor over and over to get exp. or will something happen to the game if you do that
Old August 21st, 2013, 02:15 PM
KinKage
Golden Shadow

Nature: Mild
Just finished the game, a master piece if I might say. xD, I wish her luck to DR2 hopefully she'll share it, wait didn't she make a thread on it already
Old August 21st, 2013, 03:42 PM
The_CGC

Nature: Bold
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ash493 View Post
What...? Who are you talking about? o.O
Care to post a screen?
Cant post a screen, but after the (Possible spoiler) brock battle in atlantic city (Going through where the house the person who had dig stolen is in the normal game), if you go forward a trainer called xNova13 will say hes freinds with ash and brock, say brock has been acting weird (Guess all the freindzones finally got to him), and chalenge you to a battle.

EDIT: Didn't know at the end of atlantic cape ash refrences him:

Want to know whats wrong with someone? The real question is what ISN'T wrong with that person.
That is the real answer.

Last edited by The_CGC; August 21st, 2013 at 04:05 PM. Reason: Added Screenshot
Old August 21st, 2013, 06:03 PM
Shilver
Cool Trainer

Nature: Timid
Quote:
Originally Posted by alienhunterx View Post
I am quite clueless about your answer. What are you saying?? I only answered what was best at the moment for him
you can go back to Flamen City through a cave entrance behind Groudon after you beat it, but you must be able to use Strength outside battle in order to reach its chamber
Old August 21st, 2013, 11:40 PM
Satoshi Ookami
Memento Mori
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_CGC View Post
Cant post a screen, but after the (Possible spoiler) brock battle in atlantic city (Going through where the house the person who had dig stolen is in the normal game), if you go forward a trainer called xNova13 will say hes freinds with ash and brock, say brock has been acting weird (Guess all the freindzones finally got to him), and chalenge you to a battle.

EDIT: Didn't know at the end of atlantic cape ash refrences him:

Eh...? Never remember someone like this o.O Isn't it your rival or something?
Or maybe Pete should be there... this is seriously weird o.O

Old August 22nd, 2013, 09:22 AM
nico/n

i just started dark rising great story and challenge but i get to evil pete and it makes me keep battling him only to find it was the first beta any help?
Old August 22nd, 2013, 11:55 PM
Outspoken

Can some please help me find the link to download this game? ive been reading the thread for way to long now, and would greatly appreciate the help! thanks a ton.
Old August 23rd, 2013, 09:54 PM
alienhunterx

Nature: Brave
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to alienhunterx
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shilver View Post
you can go back to Flamen City through a cave entrance behind Groudon after you beat it, but you must be able to use Strength outside battle in order to reach its chamber
Then you don't know one thing. You have to beat the gym in Iceland city in order to use HM Fly. Not in Flamen City

Quote:
Originally Posted by Outspoken View Post
Can some please help me find the link to download this game? ive been reading the thread for way to long now, and would greatly appreciate the help! thanks a ton.
Quote:
Originally Posted by nico/n View Post
i just started dark rising great story and challenge but i get to evil pete and it makes me keep battling him only to find it was the first beta any help?
Both of you should download the beta available on the first page of this thread which is the final version

Last edited by alienhunterx; August 23rd, 2013 at 09:56 PM. Reason: Your double post has been automatically merged.
Old August 23rd, 2013, 10:18 PM
heylol987

how do i get surf? I've defeated the Montage fortress gym.
Old August 24th, 2013, 10:19 AM
bmitch

I caught a shiny taillow, and when it evolved it turned into a completely light green blob of swellow. It's just a complete green image in the shape of swellow. I can't post a picture because I don't have enough posts, but is there any way to fix my horrible luck? I've tried reloading from the last save and evolving it again.
Old August 24th, 2013, 11:35 AM
Loki245

what emulation device do i need to run the game?
Old August 24th, 2013, 05:57 PM
KinKage
Golden Shadow

Nature: Mild
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loki245 View Post
what emulation device do i need to run the game?
Visual boy advance is preferred for PC, GBA4IOS is preferred for apple products, good luck.
Old August 24th, 2013, 08:23 PM
Projectwolfie
I play for keeps!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KinKage View Post
Visual boy advance is preferred for PC, GBA4IOS is preferred for apple products, good luck.
Actually VBA-M is all around better now. Both do the job great though.

Also for Android:
MyBoy for older things.
GBA.Emu in most cases.
Retroarch if you can actually support it. It's also for Wii, iOS, and all computers if they can handle them. Just expect some unfun in getting things going.
Old August 24th, 2013, 11:48 PM
Satoshi Ookami
Memento Mori
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmitch View Post
I caught a shiny taillow, and when it evolved it turned into a completely light green blob of swellow. It's just a complete green image in the shape of swellow. I can't post a picture because I don't have enough posts, but is there any way to fix my horrible luck? I've tried reloading from the last save and evolving it again.
Because shiny Swellow is light green...

Old August 25th, 2013, 11:23 AM
Loki245

Quote:
Originally Posted by KinKage View Post
okay, I've got the Visual Boy advance, but the type of file that the game is an IPS file, how do i get it to turn into a GBA instead or whichever type i need it to be.

Ignore the above. I found a guide on what to do.

Last edited by Loki245; August 25th, 2013 at 01:39 PM. Reason: answered my own question
Old August 25th, 2013, 02:54 PM
icecool86

ok i just started playing this game and caught a feebas and i was wondering how do u evolve it since there arent any berries.
Old August 25th, 2013, 10:13 PM
physiq

Nature: Quiet
Thank you. I've downloaded it.

Anyway, I'm not sure if you're still interested in a few bug fixing or not. But i'll report one bug I've found. There're 2 positions besides the exit of the lab (1 spot at the left and the other at the right) at the start of the game where you choose 1 of the 3 starter pokemons that will make you stuck and cannot do anything else if you walk to those positions.
Old August 25th, 2013, 11:14 PM
Satoshi Ookami
Memento Mori
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by icecool86 View Post
ok i just started playing this game and caught a feebas and i was wondering how do u evolve it since there arent any berries.
If not with Water Stone then... there's no way.

Old August 28th, 2013, 08:34 PM
Pokenoob666
Frustrated Feraligator

i have some questions.
1. Are shelmet and larvesta any good? i need to chose between them, or find out if either are good.
2. Where are the starter locations? (a link works) i've been looking for cyndaquil for awhile, so if they only appear at certain times that would also be helpful.
3. Do starters appear more than once? If not, i missed out on bulbasaur.
Old August 28th, 2013, 08:45 PM
Mp3beast
Master of Sound

Nature: Quiet
It looks pretty good except a few grammatical errors (which I can overlook). Except I went up route 1, lost to the teacher (yes, I'm used to the easier games) and ended up going into the lab,except the game froze at that point. :/

Ig you want to battle or trade PM me and we'll exchange Friend Codes!
-I don't calculate stat values, I don't breed my way to perfection, and I don't care about natures. I catch my Pokemon the way they are, and treat them like individuals instead of brainless drones. If you use this philosophy, copy & paste this into your signature.-

Last edited by Mp3beast; August 28th, 2013 at 09:00 PM.
Old August 28th, 2013, 11:22 PM
Satoshi Ookami
Memento Mori
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pokenoob666 View Post
i have some questions.
1. Are shelmet and larvesta any good? i need to chose between them, or find out if either are good.
2. Where are the starter locations? (a link works) i've been looking for cyndaquil for awhile, so if they only appear at certain times that would also be helpful.
3. Do starters appear more than once? If not, i missed out on bulbasaur.
1 -> Larvesta is awesome once it evolves into Volcarona even though it cannot abuse its Sp.Att to use Bug type moves. You should be careful as it may not listen to you on higher levels... It's probably not fixed.
2 -> They have 1% chance of appearing in almost every location. No certain time. This is 3rd generation ROM... it does not care about time...
3 -> Nope. Like the other wild Pokemon, they appear more than once.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mp3beast View Post
Except I went up route 1, lost to the teacher (yes, I'm used to the easier games)
That was pretty much for the all of us who did not expect 10 level weather Roselia at the beginning... o.O

Closed Thread
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

Advertise here