Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > ROM Hacking > Hacks Studio

Notices
For all updates, view the main page.

Hacks Studio Hacks Studio is the go-to destination for browsing our curated collection of ROM hacks, all made by PokéCommunity members! Patch, play and enjoy!
(Made a bit of progress on a ROM hack already? Post your projects in the Progressing Hacks forum!)
ROM Hacks are to subject to moderator approval before they are displayed.

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old September 4th, 2013 (11:02 AM).
Magic Magikarp
Magikarp is terrifying

Nature: Lax
Hi, I love this hack I just wanted to say. Is there by any chance a way to see a couple learn sets? I noticed my Gyrados learned Iron Head so I see you modified them. Awesome hack again

Current team:
Breloom
Shelgon
Larvesta
Gyrados
Umbreon/Tyranitar
???
Old September 4th, 2013 (12:16 PM).
Walshy

Downloaded the most recent DR, and the Kayo glitch at Thunder Island is still happening, I talk to him after we battle, hes about to get punished then the text cuts off. Any help with that anyone? Please PM or just post here
Old September 4th, 2013 (02:37 PM). Edited September 4th, 2013 by ThorShadow525.
ThorShadow525
Shadowflame Elitist

Quote originally posted by alienhunterx:
Yeah that event has repeated Flags resets. Just beat them again and go back... By the way what's in Atlantic city that you missed?
I haven't been to Atlantic City quite yet. I restarted the game after it crashed my save and now the Pokedex/Pokeball event from the proffessor keeps repeating itself. Is that what's keeping me from finding a Drilbur? If so, how do i fix it?

Quote originally posted by Magic Magikarp:
Hi, I love this hack I just wanted to say. Is there by any chance a way to see a couple learn sets? I noticed my Gyrados learned Iron Head so I see you modified them. Awesome hack again

Current team:
Breloom
Shelgon
Larvesta
Gyrados
Umbreon/Tyranitar
???
The fact that Excadrill gets even more overpowered with Flash Cannon shows that she modded the movelist, but i would like to see her release a written movelist for the hack. Favorite pokemon mod ever!
Old September 4th, 2013 (03:24 PM).
Magic Magikarp
Magikarp is terrifying

Quote originally posted by ThorShadow525:
The fact that Excadrill gets even more overpowered with Flash Cannon shows that she modded the movelist, but i would like to see her release a written movelist for the hack. Favorite pokemon mod ever!
Wow, I COMPLETLY forgot about Excadrill! You just told me my 6th member xD so time to check out that tunnel again for another Excadrill and NOT kill it.....
Old September 4th, 2013 (05:02 PM).
ThorShadow525
Shadowflame Elitist

Wow, I COMPLETLY forgot about Excadrill! You just told me my 6th member xD so time to check out that tunnel again for another Excadrill and NOT kill it.....
What tunnel? I've tried so hard to find a Drilbur or Excadrill.
Old September 4th, 2013 (05:19 PM). Edited September 4th, 2013 by Magic Magikarp.
Magic Magikarp
Magikarp is terrifying

What tunnel? I've tried so hard to find a Drilbur or Excadrill.
I found one in Battle Cave and named him Dig Dug. Should be easy to find I think I found two in a couple of encounters down there.
EDIT:I just noticed all he knows is Swords Dance /).O I think I got trolled sort of
Old September 5th, 2013 (02:28 AM).
BlueNwz

Please help, unable to play this game! I got the IPS file. Renamed fire red to darkrisingbeta1.gba, but when i start it's the normal fire red game. Tried renaming the ips file to .gba, it still doesn't work. How do i play this?? i am using a gameboid by the way.
Old September 5th, 2013 (04:58 AM).
Pokemon cool

After I download it from the attachment, what will I do next
Old September 5th, 2013 (05:16 AM).
ThorShadow525
Shadowflame Elitist

I found one in Battle Cave and named him Dig Dug. Should be easy to find I think I found two in a couple of encounters down there.
EDIT:I just noticed all he knows is Swords Dance /).O I think I got trolled sort of
I found DRG's location guide on the first page. It says level 15 drilburs are just after water cave. I hope it's accurate(since she created th damn game XD) because i want one bad. She really overpowered Excadrill. Just watch TehWileChase's Ytube LP of this game.
Old September 5th, 2013 (05:37 AM).
BlueNwz

I tried using unipatcher for Android. An app used for patching roms. I chose the patch as the dark rising .ips file and the rom as fire red.gba , but it shows "patching failed"! What am i doing wrong here?How i wish the creator can release it solo like light platinum in the .gba format!!!
Old September 5th, 2013 (07:44 AM).
Magic Magikarp
Magikarp is terrifying

I found DRG's location guide on the first page. It says level 15 drilburs are just after water cave. I hope it's accurate(since she created th damn game XD) because i want one bad. She really overpowered Excadrill. Just watch TehWileChase's Ytube LP of this game.
Well wish me luck raising it with only Swords Dance for a little , this ones like Ralts in Emerald. It has one non damaging move but its worth raising in the end. Its also like Magikarp
Old September 5th, 2013 (10:00 PM). Edited September 5th, 2013 by alienhunterx.
alienhunterx

Nature: Brave
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to alienhunterx
Quote originally posted by BlueNwz:
I want to try this hack. I have heard there are gen 4-5 moves in this game? True? Can anyone direct me to a thread where all of them are mentioned or discussed? Thanks!
Also can i download the game in the first post and directly play it on my Gameboid? I play all games in my Galaxy S3. I am playing the Light Platinum in it as well. The same procedure applies here as well right?Just download it, open with gameboid and enjoy?
This is the only official thread of dark Rising which means there is no other place in website where you discuss or find any thing you need to know about Dark Rising

Quote originally posted by Pokemon cool:
After I download it from the attachment, what will I do next
You just need to patch the ips file on a clean Firered ROM using Lunari ips and play the hack on VBA
Old September 6th, 2013 (03:01 AM).
ThorShadow525
Shadowflame Elitist

Well wish me luck raising it with only Swords Dance for a little , this ones like Ralts in Emerald. It has one non damaging move but its worth raising in the end. Its also like Magikarp
Speaking of which, is there any reason for buying that ¥500 magikarp in Flamen Town? I could just get one for free anywhere, couldnt i?
Old September 6th, 2013 (09:32 AM).
BlueNwz

Where is the Water Stone in this game?Someone help!
Old September 6th, 2013 (10:26 AM).
Pokenoob666
Frustrated Feraligator

[QUOTE=alienhunterx;7809655]Go with Larvesta as Ash suggests. Larvesta is damn cool along the game play.
Go download the Location guide on the first page of the thread. They have a low encounter rate around 1-5 % i certain locations.

apparently they're around a place called blazing mountain, which i can't find on the map. i'm not going to bother using the traded larvesta unless i can find a cheat to make it obey me.
Old September 6th, 2013 (10:29 AM).
Magic Magikarp
Magikarp is terrifying

Speaking of which, is there any reason for buying that ¥500 magikarp in Flamen Town? I could just get one for free anywhere, couldnt i?
I bought my Magikarp just to get it to use earlier, 500 was nothing to spend for me. And also pokenoob I have that traded Larvesta and it started obeying pretty early, I also get double xp since I am not the original trainer.
Old September 6th, 2013 (11:30 AM). Edited September 6th, 2013 by ThorShadow525.
ThorShadow525
Shadowflame Elitist

[QUOTE=Pokenoob666;7820499]
Quote originally posted by alienhunterx:
Go with Larvesta as Ash suggests. Larvesta is damn cool along the game play.
Go download the Location guide on the first page of the thread. They have a low encounter rate around 1-5 % i certain locations.

apparently they're around a place called blazing mountain, which i can't find on the map. i'm not going to bother using the traded larvesta unless i can find a cheat to make it obey me.
The traded larvesta is so far(im in battle cave) the best fire type in the game for me to use. DRG made completely OP. Also, DRG made the game in such a way that most cheats cause the game to crash. She wants people to play it legit. It's fun with increased difficulty and the best story of any pokemon game i've played.

I bought my Magikarp just to get it to use earlier, 500 was nothing to spend for me. And also pokenoob I have that traded Larvesta and it started obeying pretty early, I also get double xp since I am not the original trainer.
I understand that it isnt much money, but i was wondering if it was a special magikarp like in pokemon Snakewood that would hold a TM/HM or is shiny or something. If it's just a normal Magikarp then good luck with an overpowered Gyarados(Thank you DRG! =3) and thanks for your answer, man.
Old September 6th, 2013 (01:09 PM).
Magic Magikarp
Magikarp is terrifying

[QUOTE=ThorShadow525;7820560]
Quote originally posted by Pokenoob666:
I understand that it isnt much money, but i was wondering if it was a special magikarp like in pokemon Snakewood that would hold a TM/HM or is shiny or something. If it's just a normal Magikarp then good luck with an overpowered Gyarados(Thank you DRG! =3) and thanks for your answer, man.
Seeing how the elite four is, I dont know my Gyrados is going to need it even though he is Gyrados good luck to you and anytime
Old September 6th, 2013 (05:35 PM).
Pokenoob666
Frustrated Feraligator

[QUOTE=ThorShadow525;7820560][QUOTE=Pokenoob666;7820499]

The traded larvesta is so far(im in battle cave) the best fire type in the game for me to use. DRG made completely OP. Also, DRG made the game in such a way that most cheats cause the game to crash. She wants people to play it legit. It's fun with increased difficulty and the best story of any pokemon game i've played.

but it doesn't listen to me. also, i used a cheat before and it was fine.
Old September 6th, 2013 (11:51 PM).
Satoshi Ookami
Memento Mori
Community Supporter

Nature: Calm
Also, DRG made the game in such a way that most cheats cause the game to crash. She wants people to play it legit.
Nah... that's just because all hacked ROMs have broken structure so cheats break the ROMs easily.

Anime List | PSN Trophy List
Old September 7th, 2013 (12:00 AM). Edited September 7th, 2013 by alienhunterx.
alienhunterx

Nature: Brave
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to alienhunterx
[QUOTE=Pokenoob666;7820979][QUOTE=ThorShadow525;7820560]

As you can see the below trainer has no problems with larvesta you might be playing an old beta. Check the first page to see whether you are updated or not.

The traded larvesta is so far(im in battle cave)

No No, Larvesta house is just before Flamen Route
Old September 7th, 2013 (06:38 AM).
yveltal113

Hy everyone, i just got the fifth badge and obtained surf but when i try o use surf it says i can't use it. Can anyone help me please?
Old September 7th, 2013 (09:26 AM).
ThorShadow525
Shadowflame Elitist

Anybody know for certain if DRG upped the flinch rate on zen headbutt, astonish, etc...? I like that Zen Headbutt guarantees flinching(as far as I've experienced), but i want to know if I'm just really lucky or it's the mechanic.
Old September 7th, 2013 (09:32 AM). Edited September 7th, 2013 by Projectwolfie.
Projectwolfie
I play for keeps!

Anybody know for certain if DRG upped the flinch rate on zen headbutt, astonish, etc...? I like that Zen Headbutt guarantees flinching(as far as I've experienced), but i want to know if I'm just really lucky or it's the mechanic.
Oh, Zen Headbutt is certainly upped. Well to be specific, the hacker didn't finish editing the move.

It has 100% flinch rate and is sound based. You can look this up yourself using any move editor, as well as fix it.

I wouldn't know because I didn't really find it too bad to get through without cheats (and if I did I certainly would rely more on hacking in people to give things than GS codes), but that seems far beyond the hacker's level especially given the resetting events that are able to break the game in half. More than likely it's the cheat itself, because they're rather notorious for being a bit unstable especially on hacks in general.
Old September 7th, 2013 (10:04 AM).
DarK-RisinG

hi i'm loving this hack i've just finished the 3rd gym and i heard there is a equal to the game being made and this video was from a while ago so is there a sequal?
Closed Thread
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links