Community

The PokéCommunity

We are still working on a better slogan!

Visit Index

Advertise here

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > ROM Hacking > Hacks Studio
Notices

Hacks Studio Hacks Studio is the go-to destination for browsing our curated collection of ROM hacks, all made by PokéCommunity members! Patch, play and enjoy!
(Made a bit of progress on a ROM hack already? Post your projects in the Progressing Hacks forum!)
ROM Hacks are to subject to moderator approval before they are displayed.

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old November 4th, 2013, 08:12 AM
torment_25

Advertise here
why is that deoxys and mew not listening ?, and there is no jirachi.
is it because im using vbag ?
Old November 4th, 2013, 11:31 PM
Satoshi Ookami
Memento Mori
Community Supporter

Nature: Calm
Quote:
Originally Posted by torment_25 View Post
Hi guys , im just new here , im also playing pkmn dr and ill share to you this really good glitch (one of the best for me) in this game.
This happens on the cemetery (the part where you will fight Light), after beating him there should still be two kids left, then move away, Light(the trainer) should appear again next move atleast five tiles away from him, then save(save it where you can still see him). Now if you move toward him he will fight you again!
The good thing is, you can do this endlessly!(unless he doesnt reappear), you can do this if you are having problem grinding, he has around lvl 60 pokemons. I lvled up my poke's to near 90's just by fighting him.

btw, im using vbag to play this on my phone.

Hope it helps.
One of... many repeatable battles... but yea, it helps training a bit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by torment_25 View Post
why is that deoxys and mew not listening ?, and there is no jirachi.
is it because im using vbag ?
Mew and Deoxys are not listening because they have it coded in their routines. It requires ASM to rewrite their obedience routines.
ROM hacking FAQ - Read before asking how to play a hack. | Previous Sign 2 | Previous Sign

Anime List | PSN Trophy List
Old November 5th, 2013, 09:16 AM
Protopred

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ash493 View Post
Um... few levels does not cut it... you need to be overleveled for each and every battle otherwise you won't be able to defeat 100 level OP BST monsters in the E4.
Why would you need to be overleveld like that? I was underleveld for almost every fight and for the most part it was ok. The only really annoying part for me was fighting Kalden? and his Sister the first time, when they have the lvl 70 Kyurem Mutations and my whole Team was lvl 50.. Still got my team to lvl 100 at the End, but you can lvlup pretty fast in the Training Ground/Victory Road, so it didn't bother me too much.

Overall the Hack was pretty fun to play, I liked that you can get so many different Pokemons from the beginning and could build a cool team that way, also the total lack of HMs was awesome. I especially liked the sudden jumps in trainer lvls, which made sure the Game never got boring.

Only thing I disliked apart from some Bugs here and there, was the over usage of legendary Pokemon throughout the Story, but sadly almost every Hack has this Problem because People for them reason seem to like it that way..? For me it just makes the Story feel silly and childish in some way, but thats just personal Preference I guess.
Old November 7th, 2013, 05:27 PM
Mops123

Hi. First of all thanks for the rom. It's great.
I've been playing with a download I found somewhere else. I passed island City without getting the badge and now I can't fly make so I will start again.
I wanted to download it from here with the fear that the other one is not a final version. But I can't play with the download here. It's an ips file. Not a gba rom. Is the download wrong or there is another way I should be emulating this
Old November 7th, 2013, 07:07 PM
~Shy
Excuse my grammar I'm Filipino

Nature: Quiet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mops123 View Post
Hi. First of all thanks for the rom. It's great.
I've been playing with a download I found somewhere else. I passed island City without getting the badge and now I can't fly make so I will start again.
I wanted to download it from here with the fear that the other one is not a final version. But I can't play with the download here. It's an ips file. Not a gba rom. Is the download wrong or there is another way I should be emulating this
You need Lunar IPS to patched Pokemon Fire Red GBA version 1
It's illegal to post ROM here
You can download the rom here
Old November 8th, 2013, 07:45 PM
BigFourHead
I actually suck at these games

Nature: Relaxed
I love how you incorporated the egg moves into the learn set, this is definitely one of my favorite hacks I've played so far (and I'm not even finished yet.) I can't wait until DR2!

Old November 9th, 2013, 02:27 PM
LuisBeDope

Can someone tell me if DR2 has been released??? If so were could I find it???
Old November 9th, 2013, 03:29 PM
Flower
ワイルドフラワー

Send a message via Skype™ to Flower
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuisBeDope View Post
Can someone tell me if DR2 has been released??? If so were could I find it???
It will be release this december, she said.
You should find that thread on the progressing hacks.
PM | Flower | VM
Old November 9th, 2013, 04:26 PM
LuisBeDope

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sagittarius View Post
It will be release this december, she said.
You should find that thread on the progressing hacks.
Thanks... After the Elite 4 and the champion is that it to the game???
Old November 9th, 2013, 04:33 PM
Flower
ワイルドフラワー

Send a message via Skype™ to Flower
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuisBeDope View Post
Thanks... After the Elite 4 and the champion is that it to the game???
Nah, you can explore more. Find it out yourself.
PM | Flower | VM
Old November 10th, 2013, 11:02 AM
Kaden1

Where is the HM dive? I can't find it anywhere
Old November 11th, 2013, 08:44 AM
a55kika12

Does anyone know how to move the boulder on dragon valley? I got the last badge but then when I use strength on the boulder, it says unable to use boulder until you recieve a new badge. Please help! >. <
Old November 17th, 2013, 04:11 AM
xandrocasil14

LOL, Apir. I started Grade 5 then go back playin' from 1st year until 3rd year, now. PROUD !

*uses My Boy Emulator for Android, Fav past time on school breaks*
Old November 20th, 2013, 10:41 AM
Mops123

i am having trouble with what i think is a bug.
i defeated the gym leader ATEM (yughioh) and it happens to me the same that happens to him at this video youtube.com/watch?v=3ja4FDznmFw at 19:29
and now i am stuck, how can i go back ?
Old November 21st, 2013, 03:23 AM
kensarcher
Hack Addict

haayz.. i re-DL this game after finishing it last year(coz i want to play it again) but there this problem makes my eye a lil'bit blurry. the dialouge box, bag, map, start menu is glithcy (black screen).. hahaha anyways ill try to patch it on a clean rom and hope it works.. btw does anyone can give me a link for a free "3ds emulator?" w/ bios and has no activation SURVEY haha

-this hack is great thats why i want to play and start over again
waiting for DR 2

haayz.. i re-DL this game after finishing it last year(coz i want to play it again) but there this problem makes my eye a lil'bit blurry. the dialouge box, bag, map, start menu is glithcy (black screen).. hahaha anyways ill try to patch it on a clean rom and hope it works.. btw does anyone can give me a link for a free "3ds emulator?" w/ bios and has no activation SURVEY haha

-this hack is great thats why i want to play and start over again
waiting for DR 2
Played Hack List:
Pokemon Dark Rising
Pokemon Light Platinum
Pokemon Victory Fire and
Pokemon Ruby Destiny Life of Guardians
Pokemon Ruby Destiny Reign Of Legends
Pokemon Liquid Crystal
Pokemon Red: Red Story

________________________< My Pokemon Dark Rising Team>___________________________

Last edited by kensarcher; November 21st, 2013 at 03:24 AM. Reason: Your double post has been automatically merged.
Old November 21st, 2013, 04:27 AM
~Shy

You can downloaded here
Old November 22nd, 2013, 08:30 PM
Mops123

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mops123 View Post
i am having trouble with what i think is a bug.
i defeated the gym leader ATEM (yughioh) and it happens to me the same that happens to him at this video youtube.com/watch?v=3ja4FDznmFw at 19:29
and now i am stuck, how can i go back ?
plz help, i cant post the link cause i am noob at the forum.

i want to finish the game
Old November 22nd, 2013, 09:47 PM
~Shy

try MrsExile youtube channel
her walkthrough playlist is here
Old November 23rd, 2013, 12:03 PM
Mops123

I was not following that walktrhough, it Just happened that he had the same bug But he does not say how he fixed it, it is easier to show it in a video than weiting it.

Last edited by Mops123; November 23rd, 2013 at 12:13 PM.
Old November 24th, 2013, 04:50 PM
linkandzelda
n00b desu ka?

Nature: Careful
I don't often get much free time but I heard a lot of buzz about this hack and decided to check it out.

First of all, the maps are, well, not very developed based on the ones you can find in FireRed. You can see they are blatant quick edits in most cases for example Route 2, Viridian Forest, Mt. Moon etc. Consider giving them more of an overhaul to have it stand out as its own entity. In addition to that, there were quite a few tile errors and poor transitioning tiles.

Second of all, there's a lot of rival battles pretty much all over the place. I think at one point I took a step out of a cave and had a rival battle, right after 2 before and within the cave. Another area there was 2 battles within 2 steps of each other; a bit excessive if you ask me.

Thirdly and easily the worst, the levels of trainers are not balanced in any way shape or form, making the experience feel messy and quiet frankly off putting in many places. High level fights at the beginning to force the player to lose, then further ultra high level fights (level 20-30 before the first/second gym) do not come across well to me when trying to "enjoy" the game. Oh, and really, level 90s before the third gym? This part of the game needs some real attention and proper tweaking of levels of trainers and wild Pokemon to make things even remotely doable/playable.

To conclude, the experience I had wasn't what I expected after hearing about this.
Old November 26th, 2013, 09:02 PM
Jésrøñ bans
Dreams come true.....

So I have collected seven badges.
Now my question is that where can I find the eighth gym leader to obtain the final badge?
Thanx

Life iz very short, live each moment of it...
No one knows whats gonna happen tomorow, so enjoy today...
Old November 28th, 2013, 03:54 PM
xelement81

hey everyone. new to the forum. i literally just found out this hack about a month ago. it is extremely good. i just got a couple basic questions. 1. where can find a totodile? right now i have a lvl 52 Blastoise. but im still keeping an eye out for him. secondly does Pichu learn volt tackle. if so, when?
Old November 29th, 2013, 10:20 AM
calvinloveshacks

it wont let me get a patchable version of the game and I really want to play...any suggestions
Old December 6th, 2013, 08:28 PM
josusa

@DarkRisingGirl
I know i'm late but i just beat Dark Pete, and the building after him isn't there???
can you Help?
Old December 10th, 2013, 05:49 AM
slim spazzy
Best Beta tester

Nature: Hasty
Hey all im stuck in dark rising !. After saving landorous from light where do i go or what do i do to progress ? thanks please help asap
This signature has been disabled.
Too wide. Don\'t put two banners next to each other.
Please review and fix the issues by reading the signature rules.

You must edit it to meet the limits set by the rules before you may remove the [sig-reason] code from your signature. Removing this tag will re-enable it.

Do not remove the tag until you fix the issues in your signature. You may be infracted for removing this tag if you do not fix the specified issues. Do not use this tag for decoration purposes.
Closed Thread
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

Advertise here