The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > ROM Hacking > Hacks Studio

Notices

Hacks Studio Hacks Studio is the go-to destination for browsing our curated collection of ROM hacks, all made by PokéCommunity members! Patch, play and enjoy!
(Made a bit of progress on a ROM hack already? Post your projects in the Progressing Hacks forum!)
ROM Hacks are to subject to moderator approval before they are displayed.

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old July 28th, 2012, 04:11 AM
tajaros
Hi I'm dawg

Nature: Timid
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to tajaros
Quote:
Originally Posted by Volcanix769 View Post
Hey, when will Mienfoo evolve at, still at LV 50, or a bit lower? Because it's kinda shocking for it to evolve at that level even though it has a high Attack stat.
Sorry to disappoint you but it will still be lvl. 50... xD
Old July 28th, 2012, 05:11 AM
trainer_blue
Beginning Trainer

looks great cant wait to play it
Old July 28th, 2012, 07:17 AM
glaceon12
Beginning Trainer

Nature: Jolly
Will rival battles be different depending on your starter like if I chose Dratini/Gible as my starter instead of Bagon will Dray have a Serperior/Samurott instead of Emboar?
Old July 28th, 2012, 01:22 PM
DarkRisingGirl
Order Must Be Restored

Nature: Relaxed
Your main rival is Kaz, when you pick a starter dragon, he'll pick a different one that you didn't pick. We have plans for the 3rd dragon that didn't get picked much later on. Each of your friend rivals, Pete/Dray/Florina & somewhat enemy rivals Sydney/Kayo all have Dragons as their main pokemon. It'll be explained why much later on as well. Other then Kaz, the rest of the names mentioned will always have the same pokemon no matter which dragon you pick at the beginning.

Since Dray/Florina are from Sinnoh/Unova, you can expect their pokemon to be from there.

Sydney is more focused on attacks while Kayo has strategy mixed with power.

V is all about status affects and is the most annoying enemy to battle.
Old July 28th, 2012, 01:31 PM
Dylanrockin
Mysterious Trainer

Is there going to be some sort of "superboss" at some point in the game. Kind of like what Flora Sky did with the Mysterious Man, and him being the toughest trainer in the whole game.
Old July 28th, 2012, 02:20 PM
DarkRisingGirl
Order Must Be Restored

There's ALOT of those, trust me. The last time you battle V, the guy's got some of the strongest Ghost/Dark pokemon & all of em use status effects while attacking with powerful moves. Spiritomb(Hypnosis/Dream Eater/Confuse Ray/Shadow ball with the Leftovers type of stuff) & Dusknoir Will get on your nerves with the usual Will-O-Wisp, Earthquake, Confuse Ray, type of attacks.

The Kyurem White/Black battles can be considered one as well as you have to fight them back to back without any sort of full recovery.

The battle against the man who knocks you out at the beginning has a full blown sand team. He's a reason Why getting a Water/Ice pokemon is a Must.

All of these are in the first beta, there's more I just don't want to list them because it'll released within 2-3 days so you can experience it for yourself. Most of the AI for every event battle is at the highest possible & as you progress in the game, you'll start to see your opponents are using items and held items that works best for the pokemon. Expect to see some Choice Banders.
Old July 28th, 2012, 02:54 PM
Volcanix769
Known as the Quilava Guy!

Nature: Careful
When do I get Victini in this beta?
Old July 28th, 2012, 03:08 PM
DarkRisingGirl
Order Must Be Restored

Not gonna spoil Victini's event. You have to pay attention to what a specific character in the game says after you beat him. Otherwise, you can skip Victini's event all-together. So it's important to read everything that's been said.

I feel kinda silly posting this because I was going to put the Obvious choice here. But my friend decided it's best to let the community decide this. So, after an error occured, Castform is out of the hack. So I need 1 last pokemon for the game that doesn't have an evolution to replace Castform's spot. Rotom was my first thought as it has different forms as well. But then I remembered all of the forms have different stats from the original & I don't have the room to add all of em seperately. So I've come up with a small list of pokemon that don't have an evolution & can simply be found in a random area:

Stunfisk
Pachirisu
Durant
Chatot
Carnivine
Audino
Alomomola
Maractus

Standby for the Durant Posts! (I think)

Also, I've updated the pokeList on the OP, adding Wynaut, who I completely forgot about, to Nursery Road with the other baby Pokemon.
Old July 28th, 2012, 03:31 PM
Volcanix769

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkRisingGirl View Post

I feel kinda silly posting this because I was going to put the Obvious choice here. But my friend decided it's best to let the community decide this. So, after an error occured, Castform is out of the hack. So I need 1 last pokemon for the game that doesn't have an evolution to replace Castform's spot. Rotom was my first thought as it has different forms as well. But then I remembered all of the forms have different stats from the original & I don't have the room to add all of em seperately. So I've come up with a small list of pokemon that don't have an evolution & can simply be found in a random area:

Stunfisk
Pachirisu
Durant
Chatot
Carnivine
Audino
Alomomola
Maractus

Also, I've updated the pokeList on the OP, adding Wynaut, who I completely forgot about, to Nursery Road with the other baby Pokemon.
How about Stunfisk, or Durant(since you expect it).
Old July 28th, 2012, 07:30 PM
DarkRisingGirl
Order Must Be Restored

The titlescreen is done & I have the main rom back. Thanks to Nbslayer! I'll be releasing it July 30th Without Question now.
Old July 28th, 2012, 11:33 PM
glaceon12
Beginning Trainer

Nature: Jolly
I think you should add Audino. If you get an overworld for it you can add them in Pokecenters, the Daycare and the Elderly's houses. Or Pachirisu. It would go well with Emolga.
Old July 28th, 2012, 11:55 PM
tajaros
Hi I'm dawg

Quote:
Not gonna spoil Victini's event. You have to pay attention to what a specific character in the game says after you beat him. Otherwise, you can skip Victini's event all-together. So it's important to read everything that's been said.

Stunfisk
Pachirisu
Durant
Chatot
Carnivine
Audino
Alomomola
Maractus

DRG, let me note you if your planning in Replacing Castform it will be a very BAD Idea, well maybe replace other Pokemon but not Castform since it has a code I think, that will make it transform as the weather changes for example if you replaced it with Durant, and once an Opponent or the User used a move like, Rain Dance, Sunny Day, and Hail, it will load the messed up sprites of the other frames, so DON'T REPLACE CASTFORM BAD IDEA. But, you can replace other Pokemon that doesn't include forms.

And also If your planning to replace Deoxys it will be another BAD IDEA. So don't do that xD
Old July 29th, 2012, 12:59 AM
DarkRisingGirl
Order Must Be Restored

Phew, thanks for telling me lol. But isn't Castform's ability that makes it change depending on the weather? I don't know, that may be a silly Q. I'm not familar with Castform at all. But thanks for the heads up!
Old July 29th, 2012, 01:01 AM
tajaros
Hi I'm dawg

Yeah, it kinda transforms when the weather changes, except for Sandstorm....
Old July 29th, 2012, 03:56 AM
DarkRisingGirl
Order Must Be Restored

Ladies & Gentlemen, the beta is 100% complete. I've sent the rom to Tajaros to fix the Kyurem White/Black event & edit some very minor things. After he sends it back to me, I'll check the event. If it's good, you can all expect to play it Right Away!

I'd like to thank everyone who's supported the hack & appriciated all of the hard work I put into it as well as alot of my own personal time that has gone into it. Thank You Everyone! Once it's uploaded, I'll be taking a 2 week break but I'll still be fixing small errors you all may bump into. After 2 weeks, I'll begin inserting stuff for Beta 2. I already have beta 2 planed and scripted out on a practice rom, so it should come a little quicker then the 1st beta did. Don't forget to check out the list of very minor errors you'll encounter in the first beta at the bottom of the OP.
Old July 29th, 2012, 03:57 AM
revere
Community Supporter

Yes, finally. I'll be waiting for the moment of truth.
Old July 29th, 2012, 04:04 AM
Volcanix769

Yay, it's finally done! :D I can't wait to play this!
Old July 29th, 2012, 04:27 AM
Zortac
League Champion

Nature: Brave
Send a message via Skype™ to Zortac
Quote:

Stunfisk
Pachirisu
Durant
Chatot
Carnivine
Audino
Alomomola
Maractus

Question
How about using Unown?

-Past Works
-PM me
-VM me!
-Capumon:BlackGranite X:Origins
-Creator of this awesome sig
Old July 29th, 2012, 04:40 AM
tajaros
Hi I'm dawg

No, Unown will not be in BETA 1 I think...

As DRG said I'm working on the ROM right now and expect it'll be ready by tommorow or the next day...
Old July 29th, 2012, 06:32 AM
NO_obslayer

cant wait for the game to be released tommorow
Old July 29th, 2012, 09:23 AM
DarkRisingGirl
Order Must Be Restored

Unown is in Beta 1, it's been in the game already. That list was for pokemon who isn't in the hack to replace Castform. I'll test the castform weather theory soon. I chose Durant. I'll replace Castform with Durant in a test copy, change the weather in battle, and see what happens. If all is good, Durant's replacing Castform.
Old July 29th, 2012, 10:32 AM
AwsomeMew
<-- WTF?! WURMPLE!

I Can't Wait for the release!
The Game looks really impressive.
Sure I WILL download it!
Old July 29th, 2012, 10:50 AM
Satoshi Ookami
Memento Mori
Community Supporter

Nature: Calm
It's REALLY a BAAAAAAAD idea to do something with Castform...
Not only it's a pain in the ass with the ability but the coding that makes it transform is in a different part of ROM and not to mention his sprite is uneditable... if you check it in UnlZ you won't see Castform but a crappy picture...

Anyways by telling us that V will use status moves, we can pretty much prepare Taunt-er and foil your plans =D

(And by the way Sandstorm team can pretty much be owned by using Fighting types not only Water/Ice :D)

Anime List | PSN Trophy List
Old July 29th, 2012, 11:00 AM
KeldeoInTraining
Booted out - don't be like me!

Nature: Hasty
One more day is seeming like forever...Im ready to play now.
Old July 29th, 2012, 11:13 AM
DarkRisingGirl
Order Must Be Restored

@_Ash493

Thanks! After 2 warnings, I think I'll leave Castform alone lol. Don't want to screw things up.

The V/Sand battles won't be that easy. I've set them up & planed accordingly to how an expert player would battle them. Unlike gamefreak who thinks the ppl playing are idiots. Like I said, V's pokemon have powerful attacks along with the status affects. And the sand team is actually more prepared against fighting then it is water/ice. You may see a Gliscor...You may see a Metagross. Not to mention their levels are somewhat higher then an average player's levels would be at that time. But I've did a playthrough of the hack & created a team as if I knew no knowledge of what I was going up against in the beta & after 3-4 tries against the event opponents & an hour of leveling up before the battles, I manage to get past all of them. So no opponent in the hack is "Unbeatable". Some are just "Very Challenging". Shockingly, I've even seen the opponents in the event battles switch out their pokemon a decent amount of times if they knew they had a pokemon who is more suitable to battle the player's pokemon.

Sponsored Links