The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > ROM Hacking > Hacks Studio

Notices

Hacks Studio Hacks Studio is the go-to destination for browsing our curated collection of ROM hacks, all made by PokéCommunity members! Patch, play and enjoy!
(Made a bit of progress on a ROM hack already? Post your projects in the Progressing Hacks forum!)
ROM Hacks are to subject to moderator approval before they are displayed.

Advertise here

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old July 29th, 2012, 01:04 PM
Volcanix769
Known as the Quilava Guy!

Nature: Careful

Advertise here
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkRisingGirl View Post
@_Ash493

Thanks! After 2 warnings, I think I'll leave Castform alone lol. Don't want to screw things up.

The V/Sand battles won't be that easy. I've set them up & planned accordingly to how an expert player would battle them. Unlike gamefreak who thinks the ppl playing are idiots. Like I said, V's pokemon have powerful attacks along with the status affects. And the sand team is actually more prepared against fighting then it is water/ice. You may see a Gliscor...You may see a Metagross. Not to mention their levels are somewhat higher then an average player's levels would be at that time. But I've did a playthrough of the hack & created a team as if I knew no knowledge of what I was going up against in the beta & after 3-4 tries against the event opponents & an hour of leveling up before the battles, I manage to get past all of them. So no opponent in the hack is "Unbeatable". Some are just "Very Challenging". Shockingly, I've even seen the opponents in the event battles switch out their pokemon a decent amount of times if they knew they had a pokemon who is more suitable to battle the player's pokemon.
So if I use Ferrothorn, V may use a Fighting or Fire type? Wow. So V's Pokemon are like a wide range of Pokemon with strong attacks?
Old July 29th, 2012, 01:17 PM
Ach7AC
Mime Jr.

Quote:
@_Ash493

Thanks! After 2 warnings, I think I'll leave Castform alone lol. Don't want to screw things up.

The V/Sand battles won't be that easy. I've set them up & planed accordingly to how an expert player would battle them. Unlike gamefreak who thinks the ppl playing are idiots. Like I said, V's pokemon have powerful attacks along with the status affects. And the sand team is actually more prepared against fighting then it is water/ice. You may see a Gliscor...You may see a Metagross. Not to mention their levels are somewhat higher then an average player's levels would be at that time. But I've did a playthrough of the hack & created a team as if I knew no knowledge of what I was going up against in the beta & after 3-4 tries against the event opponents & an hour of leveling up before the battles, I manage to get past all of them. So no opponent in the hack is "Unbeatable". Some are just "Very Challenging". Shockingly, I've even seen the opponents in the event battles switch out their pokemon a decent amount of times if they knew they had a pokemon who is more suitable to battle the player's pokemon.
Can't you set the AI level in ATrainer? Won't that make a difference between the AI choosing to make a derpy move(Such as putting a Pikachu against a Steelix), and playing like a competitive battler? And are you making different set-ups for the evil team leader? Making random teams can really beat the trial-and-error method of beating CPU opponents.
Old July 29th, 2012, 01:56 PM
DarkRisingGirl
Order Must Be Restored

Nature: Relaxed
@_Ach7AC

Yes, the AI for the event battles are as high as it can possibly go, while regular trainers have AI levels of in the middle or very low depending on the type of trainer. The evil team has their own specific pokemon they use & the team leader has his own specific pokemon that he uses. Regular basic trainers will have random teams consisting of some pokemon you've come across so far & some you'll meet later on. The more advance regular trainers will have evolve forms and some have pokemon you can't catch in This beta yet. So it's a mix up, you never know what to expect from most of the trainers on the routes. The levels of the trainers are also similar to that of a person actually playing as them. Example, a youngster might have a team of Watchog/Mincinno/Blitzel. The Watchog might be at level 32, the Micinno at lv30, but the Blitzel at lv23. Realistically, when we play our pokemon games, 1 or 2 of our pokemon is Usually always higher then the others by a huge amount. That's how some trainers will be in this game.
Old July 29th, 2012, 06:46 PM
DarkRisingGirl
Order Must Be Restored

Pokemon Dark Rising Beta 1...Will be released at 5am (New York Time. It's 10:47 here now, so ppl living in other timezones can do the math for when it'll be released in your time.)
Old July 29th, 2012, 06:48 PM
mavy42
I'm back, broz :)

Nature: Gentle
I have been supporting your hack since you restarted... I've not been commenting cause uh um........ I'm busy minecrafting! Right... Once you release the beta, I'll be sure that I will tell giradialkia or drfuji to move it to the "Hacks Showcase" since it's so awesome. Good thing, the brownout stopped. I can finally play this game! Good luck on that hack!
Old July 29th, 2012, 06:54 PM
DarkRisingGirl
Order Must Be Restored

@_mavy42
lol Thank You. I hope everyone enjoys it. If anyone bump into an error they cannot pass, me & Tajaros will be right on it to fix it right away. But we've checked about three times and haven't encountered no problems like that.
Old July 29th, 2012, 09:09 PM
mavy42

I have changed my sig.... again and put your hack as the TOP 1 I support. Once again, I am very excited for this hack. Continue making this and the whole universe would be so proud of you and tajaros. If you stop, a creeper will explode! LOLz! Oh! Please put one more gameplay screenshot on the main post so it will be approved in the Hacks Showcase.

Last edited by mavy42; July 29th, 2012 at 09:25 PM.
Old July 29th, 2012, 09:55 PM
Rayshin
Fak.

I'm looking forward to playing this game, since Beta 1 is almost out. To celebrate the event, I made a support banner.

Spoiler:

HTML Code:
[URL= http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=279049][IMG]http://i49.tinypic.com/359ltzn.png[/IMG][/URL]

I hope you guys like it!
Old July 29th, 2012, 09:55 PM
DarkRisingGirl
Order Must Be Restored

Will do, and thank you so much for the support! 3 More Hours...
Old July 29th, 2012, 09:58 PM
enigmα.
phantom bullet
Community Supporter

Yes, finally in 3 more ours. Just damn that **** that my right pointer finger is all messed up.

sword art online II
phantom bullet

• vm . pm - feel free to contact me
  • server - chat and battle
  • blog - random thoughts and stuff
  • #aerilate- mega pinsir team

Old July 29th, 2012, 10:10 PM
DarkRisingGirl
Order Must Be Restored

@_Daniel Evans

I love the new banner, thanks SO much!
Old July 29th, 2012, 10:46 PM
tajaros
Hi I'm dawg

Nature: Timid
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to tajaros
BIG BIG BIG NEWS!

The hack has been cancelled! lol The hack is finished I just sent it to DRG won't take long until you guys play it! xD

Hooray! for Pokemon Dark Rising!

@DRG

Once your done you should post more screenies so this hack would really qualify for the Hack Showcase! xD

@Daniel Evans
Salamat sa suporta!

Translation:
Thanks, for the support!
Old July 29th, 2012, 10:51 PM
mavy42

Pilipino ka pala tajaros. Galing nyo ni DRG pare! Add mo ko as friend!
Old July 29th, 2012, 10:55 PM
tajaros
Hi I'm dawg

Nature: Timid
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to tajaros
Quote:
Originally Posted by mavy42 View Post
Pilipino ka pala tajaros. Galing nyo ni DRG pare! Add mo ko as friend!
Sige ba.... XD

Translation:
Sure... xD
Old July 29th, 2012, 10:58 PM
Akuroma
I love Colress so much.

Nature: Mild
I rarely play hacks but this looks good according to my bro, Mid. I'll play it tomorrow. Right now, gotta go do my homework.
Old July 29th, 2012, 10:59 PM
Rayshin
Fak.

Madami palang Pinoy dito. xD
Old July 29th, 2012, 11:16 PM
mavy42

DRG, I suggest that the screenshots in the main post should be like this: http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=263010 like in Pokemon Gust so the main post will not be too long...
Old July 29th, 2012, 11:31 PM
AwsomeMew
<-- WTF?! WURMPLE!

Can't Wait to Release...
I Want to play it as soon as possible
Old July 30th, 2012, 12:27 AM
Dimazsi22
Beginning Trainer

when the beta was released ??
Old July 30th, 2012, 12:30 AM
godlesplay

Dimazsi22, do you know how to read properly ?

Quote:
Pokemon Dark Rising Beta 1...Will be released at 5am (New York Time. It's 10:47 here now, so ppl living in other timezones can do the math for when it'll be released in your time.)
Old July 30th, 2012, 12:45 AM
mavy42

you should also add some CSS or make the main post more arranged...
Old July 30th, 2012, 12:47 AM
DarkRisingGirl
Order Must Be Restored

I'm about to Upload it. BUT! (There's always a But right?...There's not an extra t so don't think that way...Okay, moving on...)

GOOD NEWS/BAD NEWS: Good News Is, well I'm releasing it within a half hour. Bad News Is, the beta's gonna go up to the Graveyard. Which(I hate to admit this) is RIGHT before the Kyurem Black & Kyurem White battle. BUT...The full beta will be released Tommorrow or Tuesday once Tajaros fixes it. So you won't have that much longer to finish the last percentage of the beta. Don't worry, the beta will still be long. The graveyard is very close to the 4th city, which, in the full beta, is the end. The only parts you won't be able to complete in this half beta I'm putting out now is:

-The battle against Kyurem Black/White
-The battle against a mysterious woman
-The battle against regular Kyurem
-The 4th gym leader
-The last battle against Kayo

I know all of those are some of the biggest events in the beta. But you WILL be able to playthrough them either late Tommorrow or Tuesday. Something went wrong with the last couple of scripts after Tajaros tried editing the intro letters & as a result, those last scripts won't be playable for now. The beta will still be very enjoyable with alot of events that goes way pass the 3rd gym. Waiting 24-48hrs to battle Kyurem & the 4th gym leader isn't so bad, right?

I'll begin the process of uploading the beta now. Sorry if I let anyone down with this incomplete beta. You'll get the full one Very Soon. Be sure to check the OP for minor errors before downloading. Again, sorry everyone.

EDIT: You know what...Nevermind. If you guys give me another hour and a half, I'll fix the rest of the beta Myself. I feel annoyed deprieving you guys from those events, even if it's just for 1 day. So, I'm gonna finish those scripts right now. Waiting an hour longer is better then waiting 24hrs, right?
Off To Fixing

Last edited by DarkRisingGirl; July 30th, 2012 at 12:55 AM. Reason: Added Information
Old July 30th, 2012, 01:09 AM
Rayshin
Fak.

@DarkRisingGirl: You know, I posted an HTML Code below the banner I made so that there's a link in the banner. Use the code, please? Bonus, the background is also transparent! :D
Also, yup. Waiting for an hour is better than waiting for a whole day.
Old July 30th, 2012, 01:17 AM
Dimazsi22
Beginning Trainer

I will wait and wait :D
I come from Indonesia so much different this time
but I'm still waiting for the game is released :D
Old July 30th, 2012, 02:11 AM
NO_obslayer

this is gonna be good because i stopped playing at platinum so there will be some new pokemon ive never heard of
Closed Thread
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

Advertise here