The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > ROM Hacking > Hacks Studio

Notices

Hacks Studio Hacks Studio is the go-to destination for browsing our curated collection of ROM hacks, all made by PokéCommunity members! Patch, play and enjoy!
(Made a bit of progress on a ROM hack already? Post your projects in the Progressing Hacks forum!)
ROM Hacks are to subject to moderator approval before they are displayed.

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old July 31st, 2012, 03:32 AM
Hacker Bisharp
Bug reporter

Nature: Gentle
i found a little error: http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images...firered01.png/

Last edited by Hacker Bisharp; July 31st, 2012 at 03:37 AM.
Old July 31st, 2012, 03:41 AM
DarkRisingGirl
Order Must Be Restored

Nature: Relaxed
@_Hacker Bisharp

The picture isn't showing, it's a red X

EDIT: Nvm, I see it now. Thanks.

@_Chris7

I just uploaded the updated rom with LIGHT now being able to battle you. I forgot to put his picture in A-Trainer. ^.^

From the late in the beta error that Chris7 found, it shows me that most of the first beta can be played through almost completely. So this is good news, the only major errors are the Hero's Trainer Card & the TM/HM case which I haven't looked into yet. I'll be starting progress for the 2nd beta starting late next week.

@_SkyIsDarkBlue

I'm sending the hack your way now in a PM.
Old July 31st, 2012, 03:57 AM
tajaros
Hi I'm dawg

Nature: Timid
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to tajaros
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkRisingGirl View Post
@_Hacker Bisharp

The picture isn't showing, it's a red X

EDIT: Nvm, I see it now. Thanks.

@_Chris7

I just uploaded the updated rom with LIGHT now being able to battle you. I forgot to put his picture in A-Trainer. ^.^

From the late in the beta error that Chris7 found, it shows me that most of the first beta can be played through almost completely. So this is good news, the only major errors are the Hero's Trainer Card & the TM/HM case which I haven't looked into yet. I'll be starting progress for the 2nd beta starting late next week.

@_SkyIsDarkBlue

I'm sending the hack your way now in a PM.
It's a movement permission error in the signpost in the entrace of Waters Cavern near Sydney...

Here's a clearer look

Old July 31st, 2012, 04:01 AM
NO_obslayer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dylanrockin View Post
Haven't.... slept.... waiting.... must record walkthrough.... (passes out) must.... enjoy amazing game!
i watched some of your walkthrough
Old July 31st, 2012, 04:07 AM
Hacker Bisharp
Bug reporter

I am in water cavern. This is my team: http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images...irered01w.png/
Old July 31st, 2012, 04:24 AM
tajaros
Hi I'm dawg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hacker Bisharp View Post
I am in water cavern. This is my team: http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images...irered01w.png/
Nice but you could use some more leveling cause the next gym will be very hard!

And also you should catch a Grass type Pokemon you might lose many times to the 2nd Gym since the Leader is really strong and your Rival and Brock is in the next City too! xD
Old July 31st, 2012, 04:24 AM
Xumilion

You wrote that you can't get the signature pokemons.. But I have gotten the steel gym leaders "Bisharp"
Old July 31st, 2012, 04:29 AM
tajaros
Hi I'm dawg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xumilion View Post
You wrote that you can't get the signature pokemons.. But I have gotten the steel gym leaders "Bisharp"
A human's mind changes everytime xD

Yeah, if everyone is wondering I think Pawniard is in ATLANTIC CAVE so you should play through the game and make it evolve into a strong Bisharp! xD

Guys just keep posting the errors you found and me and DRG will fix them ASAP! (I just hate school xD)
Old July 31st, 2012, 04:29 AM
DarkRisingGirl
Order Must Be Restored

Sorry everyone, I JUST Now uploaded the latest updated beta. I thought it uploaded 20 minutes ago but Nbslayer told me it wasn't. Thanks! Enjoy, Everyone.

I'll be off to bed now. If you bump into any more errors, please post them. Also, if you're doing Youtube videos, please make sure to have the latest updated beta so you won't bump into any errors on your videos.

Me & Tajaros will begin progress next week on beta 2. I hope you all are enjoying the story I've come up with. Things are a little confusion at the beginning, I know. With all of the characters and mentions of your father.(I actually had an idea to do a mini prequel hack to show the events that led up to the story of this hack. But it didn't come out good cause I was doing hacking alone back then.)

EDIT: Just saw the catching Bisharp comment. Since Tajaros was my partner in-crime on this hack, I asked him what are a couple of his favorite pokemon and ones he would like to see/catch. He said Bisharp & Braviary. So, thanks to him, you guys can now catch them & their pre-evolutions. That also force me to change the steel gym leader's signature pokemon to Kilklang(Or however you spell the last evolution of that gear.)

Last edited by DarkRisingGirl; July 31st, 2012 at 04:34 AM.
Old July 31st, 2012, 05:13 AM
Hacker Bisharp
Bug reporter

I was stuck in ATLANTIC CITY
I can not go forward and I hit the gym
Please help!
Old July 31st, 2012, 05:19 AM
tajaros
Hi I'm dawg

Quote:
I was stuck in ATLANTIC CITY
I can not go forward and I hit the gym
Please help!
Huh? What do you mean can't beat brock or the GYM?
Old July 31st, 2012, 05:23 AM
Hacker Bisharp
Bug reporter

ups, I had not noticed that to go to the next location I had to enter the house, sorry xD Problem solved.
Old July 31st, 2012, 05:27 AM
tajaros
Hi I'm dawg

Quote:
ups, I had not noticed that to go to the next location I had to enter the house, sorry xD Problem solved.
Haha, dont' be shy on asking questions we'll try our best to answer them ASAP!
Old July 31st, 2012, 06:54 AM
chris7

Sorry but does this beta end with the event in frozen dungeon before you face kyurem?Because I tried going deeper and it wouldn't let me like sth invisible was blocking the way.Big cliffhanger there!Btw I loved the game.Great work :D
Old July 31st, 2012, 08:07 AM
glaceon12
Beginning Trainer

Nature: Jolly
I finally played the game and its amazing! I started with dratini and I feel those three youngster in the beginning town were too easy. Especially the one with the patrat.
That tornadus right was really not nice. My poor lv10 drayla had no chance of survival...
Old July 31st, 2012, 08:46 AM
Hacker Bisharp
Bug reporter

there is an little error: my zebestrika is named blitzlel.
Old July 31st, 2012, 08:55 AM
NO_obslayer

Not sure if this is a bug but dragon moves are super effective against dragon pokemon
Old July 31st, 2012, 09:17 AM
Iceypunchy

Quote:
Originally Posted by NO_obslayer View Post
Not sure if this is a bug but dragon moves are super effective against dragon pokemon
Dragon is super effective against dragon ,and btw how far this first beta goes?
Old July 31st, 2012, 10:01 AM
NO_obslayer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iceypunchy View Post
Dragon is super effective against dragon ^^,and btw how far this first beta goes? ^^
i think it goes a bit further thatn the 4th gym

the entai fight is soo hard its killed me like 50 times ive been save stating and is save stating and turbo cheating?
After 40 mins iv finally beat entai :)

Last edited by DrFuji; July 31st, 2012 at 04:40 PM. Reason: Merging consecutive posts
Old July 31st, 2012, 10:40 AM
Volcanix769
Known as the Quilava Guy!

Nature: Careful
Dang it I can't beat Brock: Here's my current team:Pokemon Dark Rising.png
Old July 31st, 2012, 10:47 AM
NO_obslayer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Volcanix769 View Post
Dang it I can't beat Brock: Here's my current team:Attachment 65442
should of gone with gible and why is are your pokemon so llow leveled i went up against brock with lvl 27 Gabite lvl 24 bulbasaur and lvl 20 buizel
Old July 31st, 2012, 11:27 AM
DarkRisingGirl
Order Must Be Restored

@_Hacker Bisharp

I just evolve a Blitzle & it's name became Zebstrika. I'll try again and see if that problem occurs.

EDIT: Yep, Blitzle evolved into Zebstrika fine & had the name Zebstrika when it evolved. I double checked.

@_Chris7

The beta ends AFTER you defeat Kyurem. There's an invisible wall blocking the battle? I'll check that out. After you beat her, there should be an ice rock blocking you from exiting the cave and going to iceland city.

EDIT: I JUST uploaded another updated beta. This time, I fixed the movement positions outside of Waters Cavern where the sign is. And I fixed the movement positions around the Kyurem Event. The beta ends after you've defeated Kyurem & Sydney in Kyurem's Den. BTW check out Dylan Rockin's youtube walkthrough if you get a chance. It's really funny. ^.^

Last edited by DarkRisingGirl; July 31st, 2012 at 01:38 PM.
Old July 31st, 2012, 02:05 PM
tajaros
Hi I'm dawg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Volcanix769 View Post
Dang it I can't beat Brock: Here's my current team:Attachment 65442
Nice team! But you could've leveled Ferroseed more because it's the only chance you'll be defeating the 2nd Gym... xD (It's really strong! )
Old July 31st, 2012, 03:48 PM
DarkRisingGirl
Order Must Be Restored

I Just uploaded another update beta. This time, I've fixed the movement positions in Lavaburn Forest(Thanks Dylan Rockin for the video, it showed me I had alot of movement position errors in there. I'll get to fixing that Lava too ^.^) & Larvesta's name in the house you can trade for it. Also, I've raised the levels of Kyurem Black/White from 50 to 55.

UPDATE COMING SOON
I'll begin editing Iceland City so you all can get the 4th badge & do the events in it as well. Then you'll have to wait for Beta 2 to continue onward from there. But I will get Iceland City started right now & upload an update.
Old July 31st, 2012, 05:23 PM
Ach7AC
Mime Jr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkRisingGirl View Post
I Just uploaded another update beta. This time, I've fixed the movement positions in Lavaburn Forest(Thanks Dylan Rockin for the video, it showed me I had alot of movement position errors in there. I'll get to fixing that Lava too ^.^) & Larvesta's name in the house you can trade for it. Also, I've raised the levels of Kyurem Black/White from 50 to 55.

UPDATE COMING SOON
I'll begin editing Iceland City so you all can get the 4th badge & do the events in it as well. Then you'll have to wait for Beta 2 to continue onward from there. But I will get Iceland City started right now & upload an update.
This hack seems to be going at an interesting direction. I'll play it when I get the time. But for now, a quick question. Are the Unova Pokemon's evolution requirements the same? In BW, various Pokemon such as Rufflet and Pawniard evolve at a level of over 50, while Zweilous evolves to Hydreigon at 64. I've always thought those levels would be too high in hacks without the BW leveling system, so are they changed in DR?
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links