The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > ROM Hacking > Hacks Studio

Notices

Hacks Studio Hacks Studio is the go-to destination for browsing our curated collection of ROM hacks, all made by PokéCommunity members! Patch, play and enjoy!
(Made a bit of progress on a ROM hack already? Post your projects in the Progressing Hacks forum!)
ROM Hacks are to subject to moderator approval before they are displayed.

Advertise here

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old August 4th, 2012, 01:44 AM
tajaros
Hi I'm dawg

Nature: Timid
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to tajaros

Advertise here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ash493 View Post

Now I see noone bothered to read my post :/
I mentioned the same things as you did :/ Oh well...
But what I wanted to say is that I agree with this part of your post.
This was what I forgot to mention!
Maps really do look too similar to original Fire Red ones.
But I still believe that great story, which this hack really has, can beat the other flaws
Thanks, for the criticism ASH493 I'll fix those now won't take long until I'm finished, also Why the maps look the same from FR because we currently don't have a mapper well atif was our mapper b4 but he canceled his assistance to the hack.

Oh and ASH493 nice team you got there they all look awesome! xD
Old August 4th, 2012, 02:23 AM
Tetra
faraway island
Community Supporter

Nature: Quiet
I just started playing this hack and it is awesome.
My team is:
Gible, Lv. 16
Staravia, Lv. 14
I just got out of Twist Woodlands. :)
Old August 4th, 2012, 03:44 AM
Zortac
League Champion

Nature: Brave
Send a message via Skype™ to Zortac
Awesome hack, DarkRisingGirl, and I can't wait for the next release.
I would like to be mapper from August 21st because I can't do it now.Is that Okay?

-Past Works
-PM me
-VM me!
-Capumon:BlackGranite X:Origins
-Creator of this awesome sig
Old August 4th, 2012, 04:02 AM
tajaros
Hi I'm dawg

Quote:
Originally Posted by chipsoft View Post
Awesome hack, DarkRisingGirl, and I can't wait for the next release.
I would like to be mapper from August 21st because I can't do it now.Is that Okay?
Just for you to know you can just PM/VM DarkRisingGirl if you want to help or apply here...

http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=279212...

Also I already send the updated patch with all the events fix to DarkRisingGirl now will just await for her to post it here on the thread...
Old August 4th, 2012, 05:02 AM
Ach7AC
Mime Jr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ash493 View Post

Now I see noone bothered to read my post :/
I mentioned the same things as you did :/ Oh well...
But what I wanted to say is that I agree with this part of your post.
This was what I forgot to mention!
Maps really do look too similar to original Fire Red ones.
But I still believe that great story, which this hack really has, can beat the other flaws
Eh, I thought DRG already fixed most of what you saw wrong, considering the constant patching. But anyway, yeah, the game seems to progress in the same manner as Gen. I. Not sure if intentional or not, but it reminds me of Quartz.

@tajaros:
Mapping is pretty easy, actually. Try looking at the Map Review section and learn the do's and don'ts of what makes a good map. The only problem is how it often takes hours just to make a single good map.
Old August 4th, 2012, 06:03 AM
Tetra
faraway island
Community Supporter

Nature: Quiet
I have messaged DRG to ask her if I can be a mapper again, hopefully I get the spot. :D
Old August 4th, 2012, 10:01 AM
DarkRisingGirl
Order Must Be Restored

Nature: Relaxed
I just uploaded the patch Tajaros worked on all last night. I haven't tested it out Yet, but he has redone All of the events that weren't working properly. So they should work now. I don't know if it requires players to restart their games or not. If you have Any questions or Still having problems concerning Events & Scripts, please contact Him by PM & he'll surely get back to you within the day or the next. I'll be inactive til late next week as I'm going on a small vacation with some friends before college classes start up again next month. So Tajaros is in charge until then. If he's working on another update to fix any problems you encounter while playing, I'll still be available to upload it.

About the Maps, I was going to map Nummasity City(The first city in the next beta. Alot of interesting stuff is planed for that place. Just think of that city in BW with the musical/theater/etc. You'll also get your bike here) & post a screenshot of it. I'll let you guys vote on it. If you don't think it's good, I'll get a mapper to map the rest of the game. If you think it's good, I promise I'll step up my mapping skills for every route/city & improve alot of areas. So I'll let the viewers decide the faith of the maps.
Old August 4th, 2012, 01:55 PM
DreamOrDestruction
Master Of the Arcana

Yo! Say! Ho!

Just stopping in after finishing the beta......I think I did but eh that's beside the point or is it..? But gotta say the beta was pretty amazing some errors here and there but eh its beta 1 so it'll improve. All I have to say is Good Job!

My Team:
Dragonite/Claire: Lvl 63
Ninetails/Kyuubi: Lvl 58
Zebstrika/Spark: Lvl 52
Victini: Lvl 50
Venasaur/Saur: Lvl 48
Staraptor/Star: Lvl 45

Can't say that im not expecting the next beta to be awesome but the future is not written in stone so Good Luck.

With my rhymes I annihilate, then I shall obliterate.

"Life is just the same old thing done over and over again. Those who excel in life are just ordinary people who do ordinary things better than everyone else."

Old August 4th, 2012, 02:01 PM
tajaros
Hi I'm dawg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ach7AC View Post
Eh, I thought DRG already fixed most of what you saw wrong, considering the constant patching. But anyway, yeah, the game seems to progress in the same manner as Gen. I. Not sure if intentional or not, but it reminds me of Quartz.

@tajaros:
Mapping is pretty easy, actually. Try looking at the Map Review section and learn the do's and don'ts of what makes a good map. The only problem is how it often takes hours just to make a single good map.
I am already mapping my own hack though, DRG says I can only do the scripts and she'll take care of everything else, Well atif should be back mapping Pokemon DR! xD

Oh and guys have you found any errors on the updated patch yet?
Old August 4th, 2012, 02:21 PM
Mochorro

Nature: Adamant
Quote:
Originally Posted by tajaros View Post

I am already mapping my own hack though, DRG says I can only do the scripts and she'll take care of everything else, Well atif should be back mapping Pokemon DR! xD

Oh and guys have you found any errors on the updated patch yet?
I am having a lot of problems with the new updated patch. thing that I don't know if are normal or not. I have no Pokémon, and, after I wake up at home, and go down stairs, I suddenly appear in Mystic Falls, here:

As I have no Pokémon, I find myself fainting and returning home after a wild Pokémon battle. I got back to home, and I received the Running Shoes. Then, I went back to my room, and went down stairs, appearing again in Mystic Falls. I went down, and this happened: an event activated, and I battled one of those important trainers, with Spiritomb, this trainer, and I have no Pokémon yet!

However, apparently, after fainting again, things begin to go well, I don't know, I'll have to see. I return home, and I continue being in the same town after leaving.

And I few more things:

You can't walk here:

After the grunt puts you apart, you appear here:

"evryone":

OAK's mentioned:

A challenging Pokémon Black hack!

Hacks I support:
Pokémon Victory Fire, Pokémon Snakewood, Pokémon Dark Energy, Pokémon Adventure: Red Story, Pokémon Adventure: Green Chapter, Pokémon RD LoG, and Pokémon Resolute Version.

Last edited by Mochorro; August 4th, 2012 at 02:33 PM.
Old August 4th, 2012, 02:33 PM
tajaros
Hi I'm dawg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mochorro View Post
I am having a lot of problems with the new updated patch. thing that I don't know if are normal or not. I have no Pokémon, and, after I wake up at home, and go down stairs, I suddenly appear in Mystic Falls, here:

As I have no Pokémon, I find myself fainting and returning home after a wild Pokémon battle. I got back to home, and I received the Running Shoes. Then, I went back to my room, and went down stairs, appearing again in Mystic Falls. I went down, and this happened: an event activated, and I battled one of those important trainers, with Spiritomb, this trainer, and I have no Pokémon yet!

However, apparently, after fainting again, things begin to go well, I don't know, I'll have to see. I return home, and I continue being in the same town after leaving.

And I few more things:

You can't walk here:

After the grunt puts you apart, you appear here:

"evryone":

Oh sorry I forgot to edit the warp in the stairs...

I did that when I was fixing something the newer patch will be released shortly...

Edit:

Since DRG is out for a while I can't edit the download link in the first page so here's the patch with all those errors pointed out are fixed!

Here's the patch
Pokemon DR.zip

Also the backsprite has been messed up for some mysterious reason and it's the male again

So for everyone to enjoy the hack please pick the HEROINE!

Major problems with the Hero are unaccesible Trainer Card and messed up backsprite...

Well point some errors that you found on the patch so I can fix tham!

Last edited by tajaros; August 4th, 2012 at 03:31 PM.
Old August 4th, 2012, 06:13 PM
Nicole Peterson
Beginning Trainer

I just played and its really fun! I am currently making my hack and you've gave me alot of inspiration for the things you've done on your hack. Great Work!
Old August 4th, 2012, 11:43 PM
Mochorro

Nature: Adamant
Ok, I picked the heroine this time. There is something odd with the warp after going downstairs, though. I am using the version you uploaded a few hours ago. Now I don't appear in Mystic Falls, but here:

It's still home, but is it supposed to be that way? I don't think so...

I have found another bug, one that does not let you continue playing. If you jump here:

You can't move here:

I like the game so far, here is my team in Lavaburn path:

EDIT: OMG, A SHINY MINCCINO!!

A challenging Pokémon Black hack!

Hacks I support:
Pokémon Victory Fire, Pokémon Snakewood, Pokémon Dark Energy, Pokémon Adventure: Red Story, Pokémon Adventure: Green Chapter, Pokémon RD LoG, and Pokémon Resolute Version.

Last edited by Mochorro; August 5th, 2012 at 12:54 AM.
Old August 5th, 2012, 01:11 AM
Justin262
Beginning Trainer

After I defeat entei and ash leaves my game freezes

Old August 5th, 2012, 01:28 AM
Satoshi Ookami
Memento Mori
Community Supporter

Nature: Calm
Quote:
Originally Posted by tajaros View Post

Thanks, for the criticism ASH493 I'll fix those now won't take long until I'm finished, also Why the maps look the same from FR because we currently don't have a mapper well atif was our mapper b4 but he canceled his assistance to the hack.

Oh and ASH493 nice team you got there they all look awesome! xD
Yahoo, finally someone read my post! Banzai! xD

@Mochorro: You lucker xD

@Justin: Have you talked with Entei or it has frozen after the battle?

Anime List | PSN Trophy List
Old August 5th, 2012, 01:40 AM
Justin262
Beginning Trainer

@Ash it froze after ash left the place i did not talk to entei

:( i saved pretty far away

lv 40 shelgon,swampert,elektrik,blastoise,venasaur,accelgor

And btw do u have any better darmanitan back sprites mine looks horrible and it's fire type moves suck =/

Last edited by DrFuji; August 5th, 2012 at 01:44 AM. Reason: Merging consecutive posts
Old August 5th, 2012, 04:56 AM
tajaros
Hi I'm dawg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin262 View Post

i saved pretty far away

And btw do u have any better darmanitan back sprites mine looks horrible and it's fire type moves suck =/
Have you used the latest patch?

Those errors you found today will know be fixed!
Old August 5th, 2012, 08:36 AM
Nixon1
Beginning Trainer

Tajaros do you have to start over for the patch to work? My entei event still isn't working at the end I have a save before I enter the entei cave and it still shows that it has been done already when I enter. ps. I tried to continue on and a certain special event after you battle someone in the next town isn't working either. This is after I patched it with the new fixes. I can try restarting, but do you know anything I can try before I do?
Old August 5th, 2012, 02:10 PM
tajaros
Hi I'm dawg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nixon1 View Post
Tajaros do you have to start over for the patch to work? My entei event still isn't working at the end I have a save before I enter the entei cave and it still shows that it has been done already when I enter. ps. I tried to continue on and a certain special event after you battle someone in the next town isn't working either. This is after I patched it with the new fixes. I can try restarting, but do you know anything I can try before I do?
Well my advice is to restart cause I have them working on the newer pacth...
Old August 5th, 2012, 02:58 PM
Ach7AC
Mime Jr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin262 View Post

i saved pretty far away

Darmanitan's Fire-type moves suck because without the Physical/Special split, all Fire-type moves are special. Darmanitan also has a terrible special attack of 30 (For reference, that's about 2/3rds of Igglybuff's S.ATK.) There are two ways DRG can remedy this. Either by implementing the split and giving Darmanitan moves such as Flame Wheel and Fire Punch, or by implementing its Zen Mode (Which has a whopping S.ATK of 140.)
Old August 6th, 2012, 01:10 AM
godlesplay

I finished beta and here my team ( I'm not using Victini xD )

Old August 6th, 2012, 01:28 AM
Satoshi Ookami
Memento Mori
Community Supporter

Nature: Calm
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ach7AC View Post
Darmanitan's Fire-type moves suck because without the Physical/Special split, all Fire-type moves are special. Darmanitan also has a terrible special attack of 30 (For reference, that's about 2/3rds of Igglybuff's S.ATK.) There are two ways DRG can remedy this. Either by implementing the split and giving Darmanitan moves such as Flame Wheel and Fire Punch, or by implementing its Zen Mode (Which has a whopping S.ATK of 140.)
Gotta agree with implementing Zen Mode or Zen Mode stats =)
But I don't really mind since Volcarona and Victini are better fire types =)

Quote:
Originally Posted by godlesplay View Post
I finished beta and here my team ( I'm not using Victini xD )

Poor Victini :D

Anime List | PSN Trophy List
Old August 6th, 2012, 01:34 AM
tajaros
Hi I'm dawg

Ok, guys here's another update, With all the errors you pointed out in the latest patch...

Pokemon DR B1.zip Again pick the HEROINE!! xD

Also the backsprite and trainer card of the Male (Hero) character is not yet fixed but I will fixed them eventually... So pick the Heroine for safety...

Well just notify me of errors...

Last edited by tajaros; August 6th, 2012 at 01:42 AM.
Old August 7th, 2012, 01:38 AM
DarkRisingGirl
Order Must Be Restored

Hey Everyone, I uploaded the newest patch to the main post. Tajaros re-did all of the scripts that weren't working properly and I inserted a few new trainer sprites. Also, the Hero is safe to pick now as his backsprite is fixed again. We're still waiting for Jambo51 to teach us how to repoint the trainer card sprite, but for now, the latest fixes are in the main post.

Tajaros is still in charge of the thread til I return later this week. When I do, progress on Beta 2 will begin now that the most important errors are fixed. Tajaros also added small improvements on maps in Beta1 as well which are in the update on the main post. Enjoy, Everyone!
Old August 7th, 2012, 02:30 AM
KingKevin13
Beginning Trainer

is there an ips patch to this hack
Closed Thread
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

Advertise here