Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > ROM Hacking > Hacks Studio
Reload this Page FireRed hack: POKEMON: Dark Rising

Notices
For all updates, view the main page.

Hacks Studio Hacks Studio is the go-to destination for browsing our curated collection of ROM hacks, all made by PokéCommunity members! Patch, play and enjoy!
(Made a bit of progress on a ROM hack already? Post your projects in the Progressing Hacks forum!)
ROM Hacks are to subject to moderator approval before they are displayed.

Closed Thread

Old August 24th, 2012 (01:13 PM).
Pop-Punk Pizza Party

Nature: Jolly
111 posts
It's not bad, but the starters can easily sweep everything (meaning, you only really need the starter) due to the low levels of trainers' Pokémon, and the amount of experience you get at the start, before you can catch another Pokémon; for example the trainer trio and Mrs Weatherbell. Plus, some of your maps and tiles are.. well, yeah.

It's not bad though! It's a very enjoyable game.

I map for the Source SDK and dabble in ROM Hacking hmu.
Old August 24th, 2012 (05:07 PM).
Not your cup of tea.

Nature: Calm
473 posts
Quote originally posted by RetroRoller:
It's not bad, but the starters can easily sweep everything (meaning, you only really need the starter) due to the low levels of trainers' Pokémon, and the amount of experience you get at the start, before you can catch another Pokémon; for example the trainer trio and Mrs Weatherbell. Plus, some of your maps and tiles are.. well, yeah.

It's not bad though! It's a very enjoyable game.
the same can also be said for the original unhacked pkmn games...u can win easily with solo starters since they tend to be overleveled as you play

to discourage this there shld be:
1) improved variety of pkmn (esp.early game), not just rattatas and pidgeys only for the first 3 routes. If so I tend to solo starters since I wont want to use rattatas and pidgeys every time i play early on.

2)better trainer levels and variety.

Old August 24th, 2012 (07:37 PM).
Order Must Be Restored

Nature: Relaxed
722 posts
Hey everyone. As promised, here's an early look at NUMASSITY CITY:

(There will be 4 more OW sprites running around in the city & possibly one more house. I just haven't scripted them yet.)

ABOUT The City: Numassity City is the 5th Major City in the hack and overall, it has the most to offer. In this city, there's a Bike Shop, Trainer Fan Club, A couple houses with people in'em, a center, 2 gyms(sorta), and the best thing, A Very Big Mart!
History Of The City: The city used to have a Fighting Type Gym, who's leader was the younger brother of the Fighting Gym leader in the Omni Region. However, Alder's daughter, NORA, playfully challenged the gym leader with her Normal type Pokemon...And Won. People were not only shock that a team consisted of Normal pokemon defeated a Fighting team, but the trainer who used the Normal pokemon was only 9 years old. Now, NORA has become the city's leader and has done Alot of change and decorating to a once proud, strong business city. NORA has painted a building in the city and proclaims it as her "Play-Pen". Although she never captured it, she also befriended a very powerful Normal type Pokemon. Unfortunetly for the player, that Pokemon is in town with NORA...

EVERYONE, if you're into playing New, Interesting Hacks, I highly suggest downloading Pokemon Hyetology. It's finally been released today, and although I haven't gotten around to play it myself Yet, I strongly recommend it from the screenshots, story, and all of the hardwork the creator, hinkage, has put into it.
Old August 24th, 2012 (07:45 PM).
Always Remember Forever&After

403 posts
its a little bit empty, and theres a little tile error in a tree in the top middle. but i like the houses

+ForeverDash on PC's Battle Server | Pair | VM/PM |Partner In Crime
Old August 24th, 2012 (07:46 PM).

146 posts
Quote originally posted by DarkRisingGirl:
Hey everyone. As promised, here's an early look at NUMASSITY CITY:

(There will be 4 more OW sprites running around in the city & possibly one more house. I just haven't scripted them yet.)

ABOUT The City: Numassity City is the 5th Major City in the hack and overall, it has the most to offer. In this city, there's a Bike Shop, Trainer Fan Club, A couple houses with people in'em, a center, 2 gyms(sorta), and the best thing, A Very Big Mart!
History Of The City: The city used to have a Fighting Type Gym, who's leader was the younger brother of the Fighting Gym leader in the Omni Region. However, Alder's daughter, NORA, playfully challenged the gym leader with her Normal type Pokemon...And Won. People were not only shock that a team consisted of Normal pokemon defeated a Fighting team, but the trainer who used the Normal pokemon was only 9 years old. Now, NORA has become the city's leader and has done Alot of change and decorating to a once proud, strong business city. NORA has painted a building in the city and proclaims it as her "Play-Pen". Although she never captured it, she also befriended a very powerful Normal type Pokemon. Unfortunetly for the player, that Pokemon is in town with NORA...

EVERYONE, if you're into playing New, Interesting Hacks, I highly suggest downloading Pokemon Hyetology. It's finally been released today, and although I haven't gotten around to play it myself Yet, I strongly recommend it from the screenshots, story, and all of the hardwork the creator, hinkage, has put into it.
A few ways to improve your map:
1) There is a lot of negative space in your map. Try adding more trees and empty houses in your city.
2) Add different elevations. The map at the moment is far too flat.

Though, I can see how much your mapping skills have improved during this run, good luck.
Old August 24th, 2012 (07:51 PM).

403 posts
i agree your mapping skills did improve but i dont get why 3 buildings are so close then the rest are just spread out.

Old August 24th, 2012 (08:10 PM).
Order Must Be Restored

722 posts
Thanks everyone. There will be one more house near the three and I will elevate it more. There will also be 4 more OWs near the houses. I will get to it now as well as finish up the trainers in the route after the city. You can expect alot more trainers on routes and most using a more diverse group of pokemon. I have taken all suggestions into consideration and I'm currently adding it to the hack.
Old August 24th, 2012 (08:51 PM).

Nature: Naive
131 posts
its only in beta 1 and goes all the way up to the 8th gym well done.
Old August 24th, 2012 (11:48 PM).
Order Must Be Restored

722 posts
Think your post was meant for pokemon hyetology. Anyways, I've finished up all the trainers in Numassity and the route after it. I'm now working on the next town. Which has the good rod in it as well as darugis's grunts up to no good...again. I'm making great progress with some incredible events.
Old August 25th, 2012 (12:36 AM).
Memento Mori
Gold Tier

13,305 posts
That city reminds me of another city from the main games... I can't recall which one...
But I gotta agree that it has too many empty spaces :/

Anime List | PSN Trophy List
Old August 25th, 2012 (01:36 AM).
Hi I'm dawg

Nature: Timid
857 posts
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to tajaros
Quote originally posted by Ash493:
That city reminds me of another city from the main games... I can't recall which one...
But I gotta agree that it has too many empty spaces :/
I think it will be Numbassa City in BW (Not sure with the spelling), BTW did you guys found any bugs in the latest BETA 1 patch?
Old August 25th, 2012 (05:06 AM).
You CanT Beat Me!!!

Nature: Brave
1 post
hey can you post beta 2 pokemon list
Old August 25th, 2012 (06:53 AM).

Nature: Gentle
587 posts
I found something, not that important though...Dunno if anyone have seen this but..
Attached Images
File Type: png 1345906177570.png‎ (8.1 KB, 30 views) (Save to Dropbox)
Old August 25th, 2012 (09:09 AM).
Memento Mori
Gold Tier

13,305 posts
Quote originally posted by tajaros:

I think it will be Numbassa City in BW (Not sure with the spelling), BTW did you guys found any bugs in the latest BETA 1 patch?
It's Nimbasa =D That might be so...

Old August 25th, 2012 (11:11 AM).
Order Must Be Restored

722 posts
Beta 2 list is not even close to complete. But from what I've completed so far, you'll encounter Chansey, Miltank, Golett, trapinch, Turtwig, Tepig, a lot of water pokemon coming up, the next legendary(its not Arceus), and of course Litwick much later in Yugi's secret chamber. And...I'll be adding Darmanitan's Zen Mode in the Inferno Cave. This the only spot to catch one.
Old August 25th, 2012 (01:45 PM). Edited August 25th, 2012 by tajaros.
Hi I'm dawg

Nature: Timid
857 posts
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to tajaros
Quote originally posted by gam3r!:
I found something, not that important though...Dunno if anyone have seen this but..
Ok, I'll be releasing a newer patch with new sprites, so it'll be better to play, and that error will be fixed for sure...

Quote originally posted by Ash493:

It's Nimbasa =D That might be so...
Haha, sorry I'm not really sure with spelling... xD

Ok, New BETA 1 patch, fix some errors and edited some sprites...
Notify me errors you guys found...
Attached Files
File Type: zip PokemonDarkRising.zip‎ (1.38 MB, 39 views) (Save to Dropbox)
Old August 25th, 2012 (05:23 PM).

3 posts
I have to say, this looks really good. Very excited to play this.
Old August 25th, 2012 (11:04 PM).
Order Must Be Restored

722 posts
Hey everyone. Another very exciting hack has just released tonight here in the progressions section of the forums. Pokemon Silver Legend Beta 1 is out now so be sure to check it out if you get a chance. I haven't played it yet myself due to me having difficulties downloading it, but from the look of the hack, it IS in my opinion the best looking hack Ever.

As far as this hack goes, you can expect to get an update coming this week with some very interesting news and screenshots! Light, Shadow Lugia, a new bad guy, some old returning from the dead bad guys, and bonding with a genie to help it's brothers out in a desert with a volcano about to explode? Yep, scenes from all of that in the next update.
Old August 26th, 2012 (01:11 AM).
Memento Mori
Gold Tier

13,305 posts
Quote originally posted by DarkRisingGirl:
some old returning from the dead bad guys,
And here I thought zombies are only in Snakewood...

Old August 26th, 2012 (01:13 AM).

403 posts
just wanted to ask, did you get inspiration from skyline about the volcano event?

Old August 26th, 2012 (01:22 AM).
Order Must Be Restored

722 posts
Lol now when I finalize the scripting for that event, I'm gonna throw a snakewood reference in there just for you Ash493. But No, the volcano in the desert event was already planed as is most of the remaining events. There's a lot of epic stuff planed. The genies are getting a much bigger role in the hack then planed however. You'll see all 3 of their other formes within the next half of the hack.
Old August 26th, 2012 (03:52 AM).

Nature: Gentle
587 posts
a snakewood reference ! one of the best hacks ever !
Though you should not name lavaburn forest...forest ....it should be lavaburn path like the route before it. It doesn't look like a forest though
Old August 26th, 2012 (09:31 AM).

146 posts
Quote originally posted by gam3r!:
a snakewood reference ! one of the best hacks ever !
Though you should not name lavaburn forest...forest ....it should be lavaburn path like the route before it. It doesn't look like a forest though
The name's sort of an oxymoron, so you do have point.
That's a somewhat better name for the two cities' joint.
I am not trying to be rude or disrespectful.
But that map's name could be more artful.
Old August 26th, 2012 (11:33 PM).
Order Must Be Restored

722 posts
Yeah I understand. An Update is coming soon everyone! Stay tuned. Its the biggest one yet.
Old August 27th, 2012 (01:40 AM).
Order Must Be Restored

722 posts

The Landorus Therian Forme isn't perfect at the moment(I tried resizing it myself) but by the time of release, I'll have a better one inserted. Also, the Darmanitan Zen Mode OWs I colored myself using the few set of pallete colors I have available. The map shown above is the route leaving out of Numassity City and onward to Novella Town. There will be no more maps that remind you of Fire Red. Every Route & City is being completely revamped with different warps and directions. Although it looks like I've completed a decent amount of Beta 2, this isn't even 20% of it. I've still got a long way to go.

Sponsored Links

You may also like.. (Beta)