The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > ROM Hacking > Hacks Studio

Notices

Hacks Studio Hacks Studio is the go-to destination for browsing our curated collection of ROM hacks, all made by PokéCommunity members! Patch, play and enjoy!
(Made a bit of progress on a ROM hack already? Post your projects in the Progressing Hacks forum!)
ROM Hacks are to subject to moderator approval before they are displayed.

Advertise here

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old September 9th, 2012, 12:28 PM
Dimebag
Demon Cleaner

Nature: Gentle

Advertise here
Great update ! however i've found some small typo / grammar errors
- In the 4th pic it says " you think may and dawn is better than me.." ( should say are better )
-And second (as Ash had already mentioned in an older post ) Genosect should be genesect
-Finally in the last screen it says "it will be there were will shall have our last battle" ( but it should be were we will have our last battle )
Anyways , they are minor errors

\m/ KYUSS \m/
Old September 9th, 2012, 12:51 PM
DarkRisingGirl
Order Must Be Restored

Nature: Relaxed
@_Gam3r
Yeah, I forgot to change Genesect's name in YAPE after Ash mentioned it before.

Since this is a start of a new page, here's the update again in case anyone missed it on the last page. I'll be taking a break from the hack for a day. I'll get back to working on it Tuesday. I've made a bunch of progress, I think I deserve a break. ^.^

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkRisingGirl View Post

(Bikes in Beta 2 for Both the Hero & Heroine!)

(Atem's Big Introduction into Pokemon Dark Rising. Also, Ash is having some girl issues.)

(Darugis's replacement for V seems to be very arrogant. Genosect looks as scary as ever...)

(A Final Confrontation with KAYO before him and player have their Last Battle.)

-ATEM(Most of you know him as Yami Yugi, Big Yugi, etc). After being defeated in a game of Duel Monsters by his Other Half, Yugi, Atem returned to his throne as a Pharoah in the past. However, a couple of days after his return, the Pokemon Giratina, traveled through a dimension hole in time using Dialga and Palkia's powers, and suddenly begins to cause destruction in the time of the Pharoah, Atem. Atem and his soliders's monsters were no match for the power of Giratina. Atem later on finds out the dragon Giratina, along with Dialga and Palkia, is being controled by a darker force known as Darugis. It is Atem's job to make sure anything from the Shadow Relm such as Giratina, does not return and wreck havoc as his old nemisis, Dark Bakura, once did. As Giratina creates a dimensional warp to return back to it's own universe for recovery, Atem grabs on to the dragon's tail and gets warped along with Giratina to a world unfamilar to him known as the Pokemon Universe. He awakens in the Core Region. He believes the only way for him to return home is to stop Giratina, some how, some way.
-VLADIMIR
-MISTY
-ASH & PIKACHU
Old September 9th, 2012, 02:21 PM
rpg man
My new account is Critx

Nature: Naughty

Dont know if you want to use em...(Most likely not)

But if you plan on animation...I am the guy!

I made a new account was cuz i didn't like the name RPg Man
Old September 9th, 2012, 02:25 PM
qaz015393
pokemon revenge developer

great update DRG. Although Atem's sprite looks a bit weird to me *guess we will see how it looks in the game lol*.

POKEMON REVENGE TEAM IS looking for members APPLY HERE so the hack can continue.

3Ds Fc= 0619-4312-9526 IgN is Near My trade shop is here
Old September 9th, 2012, 03:20 PM
Ach7AC
Mime Jr.

Quote:
@_Gam3r
Yeah, I forgot to change Genesect's name in YAPE after Ash mentioned it before.

Since this is a start of a new page, here's the update again in case anyone missed it on the last page. I'll be taking a break from the hack for a day. I'll get back to working on it Tuesday. I've made a bunch of progress, I think I deserve a break. ^.^
No offense but... I see grammar mistakes abound in your hack. For example, when Misty says "You think MAY and Dawn is better then me." It should be "You think MAY and DAWN are better than me." This sort of needs some fixing before the final release, as quite a lot of ROM hackers consider tiny grammar mistakes like this to be unprofessional. Not to mention quite a few of your maps seem to be too similar to FRLG's. But yeah, the gameplay seems to be a plus.
Old September 9th, 2012, 04:03 PM
rpg man
My new account is Critx

Nature: Naughty
**ADD BABY POKEMON FORMES**

(If you know whats good for you....HAHAHA!

I made a new account was cuz i didn't like the name RPg Man
Old September 9th, 2012, 06:41 PM
qaz015393
pokemon revenge developer

Don't know if these had been said already but here I found 2 errors that can be fixed. In the zip the 1st error is when you are talking to Amaris & she says "I do not knoe" in stead of know & the 2nd pic is a graphic error *bottom left corner*.
Attached Files
File Type: zip Desp.zip‎ (8.7 KB, 11 views) (Save to Dropbox)

POKEMON REVENGE TEAM IS looking for members APPLY HERE so the hack can continue.

3Ds Fc= 0619-4312-9526 IgN is Near My trade shop is here
Old September 9th, 2012, 09:33 PM
Kibaster
Beginning Trainer

How does one evolve Eevee into Espeon in this game?
Old September 9th, 2012, 09:48 PM
bctincher15
blue eye + brown eye =awesome

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kibaster View Post
How does one evolve Eevee into Espeon in this game?
Same as the official games, max happiness at daytime.

BTW, I love this hack.
Old September 10th, 2012, 01:14 AM
Satoshi Ookami
Memento Mori
Community Supporter

Nature: Calm
Quote:
Originally Posted by rpg man View Post
Aww.......Babay Formes add more of a twist to the story.
DJG already did this, that's all we need.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ach7AC View Post
No offense but... I see grammar mistakes abound in your hack. For example, when Misty says "You think MAY and Dawn is better then me." It should be "You think MAY and DAWN are better than me." This sort of needs some fixing before the final release, as quite a lot of ROM hackers consider tiny grammar mistakes like this to be unprofessional. Not to mention quite a few of your maps seem to be too similar to FRLG's. But yeah, the gameplay seems to be a plus.
Damn you! Curse you! xD I wanted to mention those grammar errors :/

And of course, Haruka and Hikari are way better than Kasumi =D

Quote:
**ADD BABY POKEMON FORMES**

(If you know whats good for you....HAHAHA!
You know... you are pretty annoying with this... o.O

Anime List | PSN Trophy List
Old September 10th, 2012, 01:43 AM
Saltsas

awesome hack!can't wait to see it finished :D
Old September 10th, 2012, 01:54 AM
alienhunterx

Nature: Brave
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to alienhunterx
Good to see the beta 2 updates....

spended my entire sunday to play this and I must say this hack has one in a millions epic storyline.. Really appreciate again your hard work adn was amazed to find the 5th generation pokes as well as the 4th generation ones... I am currently at Mystic Falls , training my team for that rude trainer who seeks Arceus stone...

Till that area I found dozens of things which are reported below....

1) Commander Z had pokes around lv 37-42 where mine were just 25-29's
2) The description of many moves like Zen Headbutt had Uproar's.
3) Whenever I use VS seeker on some trainers their sprite change and become sort of Shiny...
4) Rival Brock was very over leveled at Aroma Town than my team
5) Super Nerd Chad and Hiker Nob at atlantic path both had same dialogs even when I rematched them..
6) The move tutor inside Atlantic Cave for Stone edge.. Surprisingly only my tynamo could learn that move not even my Boldore...
7) Rival Dray had 50+ team where my team at that point only just 40's
8) I could re battle Professor Ivan as many times inside Battle cave but without his sprite...

Thnx and keep up your work...

Also is the move tutor and deleter available yet in the game???
Old September 10th, 2012, 04:17 AM
DarkRisingGirl
Order Must Be Restored

Quote:
Originally Posted by alienhunterx View Post
Good to see the beta 2 updates....

spended my entire sunday to play this and I must say this hack has one in a millions epic storyline.. Really appreciate again your hard work adn was amazed to find the 5th generation pokes as well as the 4th generation ones... I am currently at Mystic Falls , training my team for that rude trainer who seeks Arceus stone...

Till that area I found dozens of things which are reported below....

1) Commander Z had pokes around lv 37-42 where mine were just 25-29's
2) The description of many moves like Zen Headbutt had Uproar's.
3) Whenever I use VS seeker on some trainers their sprite change and become sort of Shiny...
4) Rival Brock was very over leveled at Aroma Town than my team
5) Super Nerd Chad and Hiker Nob at atlantic path both had same dialogs even when I rematched them..
6) The move tutor inside Atlantic Cave for Stone edge.. Surprisingly only my tynamo could learn that move not even my Boldore...
7) Rival Dray had 50+ team where my team at that point only just 40's
8) I could re battle Professor Ivan as many times inside Battle cave but without his sprite...

Thnx and keep up your work...

Also is the move tutor and deleter available yet in the game???
That's a good question. I completely forgot about those guys. Thanks for letting me know, I'll put both of them together in the 6th city in beta 2 if they aren't already in beta 1. I'm really not sure, I'll look into that.
Old September 11th, 2012, 04:40 AM
Alignment
Revered with the stars

Nature: Lonely
Lots of references to things and interesting plot line. Making Brock get brain controlled or whatever was kinda 'wtf' but I can see it develop into a more fathomable and interesting concept.

What really bothers me are the trainer sprites and some of the overworlds. I know you're editing/using existing Gamefreak sprites, however some of them are like 5 colors and don't really show depth. Consider fixing them up, or you can check out one of Chesu's tutorials on trainer spriting, they're easy to do even for beginners.
Old September 11th, 2012, 05:35 PM
DarkRisingGirl
Order Must Be Restored

I just finished up everything in the desert FINALLY. It's a really big place and has Alot of stuff in it. Including the chance to get the 2 other fossil pokemon in the hack, Cranidos and Sheldon. Inferno Mountain also has your only chance at getting Darmanitan Zen Mode as well.

Also, I just uploaded a beta 1 patch that fixes the stats of Mismagnius. I saw in yape that it's HP and def was WAY higher then what it really is. For those who battled V and had a lot of trouble with Mismagnius, sorry about that. ^.^

Progress has been a tad bit slow this week so far. But little things here and there that matter have been set up and pretty much all of the major trainer battles have already been set up in A-trainer.
Old September 11th, 2012, 07:50 PM
Yambo Dos
Veteran

Can Dratini receive marvel scale ability?
Old September 11th, 2012, 10:34 PM
PokemonMasters
Always Remember Forever&After

when i restarted the game and i caught a bulbasaur it wasnt holding anything... i thought the starters hold exp. shares. but can you make a guy/girl give you an exp share?

+ForeverDash on PC's Battle Server | Pair | VM/PM |Partner In Crime
Old September 12th, 2012, 01:34 AM
Satoshi Ookami
Memento Mori
Community Supporter

Quote:
I just finished up everything in the desert FINALLY. It's a really big place and has Alot of stuff in it. Including the chance to get the 2 other fossil pokemon in the hack, Cranidos and Sheldon. Inferno Mountain also has your only chance at getting Darmanitan Zen Mode as well.
Darmantian? Wow... it seems there're more and more useful Fire types... even more than we can use :D Especially if you use Victini =D

Quote:
Also, I just uploaded a beta 1 patch that fixes the stats of Mismagnius. I saw in yape that it's HP and def was WAY higher then what it really is. For those who battled V and had a lot of trouble with Mismagnius, sorry about that. ^.^
It's Mismagius... there's no N in it =D (no pun intended :D)

Quote:
Originally Posted by PokemonMasters View Post
when i restarted the game and i caught a bulbasaur it wasnt holding anything... i thought the starters hold exp. shares. but can you make a guy/girl give you an exp share?
They don't always hold Exp. Share. Don't worry about Exp. Shares... you will get enough of them once you catch other starters.

Old September 12th, 2012, 04:43 AM
DarkRisingGirl
Order Must Be Restored

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ash493 View Post

Darmantian? Wow... it seems there're more and more useful Fire types... even more than we can use :D Especially if you use Victini =D

It's Mismagius... there's no N in it =D (no pun intended :D)

They don't always hold Exp. Share. Don't worry about Exp. Shares... you will get enough of them once you catch other starters.
lol Hilarious thing you did there with N. But yea, it's a 50/50 chance they'll be holding the exp.share. I won't have anyone give you one because the hack pretty much already gives you unlimited exp.shares if you keep catching the starters.

@Yambo Dos

No, it can't.
Old September 12th, 2012, 12:43 PM
Yambo Dos
Veteran

Alot of Dratinis value drops without that ability.

So far I'm enjoying the game, and I hope you will continue to work hard on it. I hope you are ok with constructive criticism because I will be supplying you with it--because I really want to play a beautiful end product.

A few gimmicks I've noticed between the games beginning through Tiki.

-One of the bug trainers pokemon emits Staryu cry when it dies.. I believe it's the first trainer on the final stretch of the forrest.
-I feel like there should be a mart or pokemon center earlier in the game, Tiki just has too much in between and I got frustrated having to return home to heal.
-Axew having intimidate really pissed me off. If dratini can't receive its natural DW ability, Axew shouldn't receive intimidate. There are other pokemon that get the ability that are not legit (scraggy for example. It already has two great abilities, why give it intimidate??) I do like the concept of giving Archeops a new ability, but maybe not such an amazing ability--perhaps it should have sturdy or something that is shared among its typing.
-By the time I got to the first mart my Gible needed Super potions to adequately heal, but none are available... I just barely thrive with potions
-The first grunt you battle has croagunk that uses dark pulse but the animation is for feint attack.
- Lastly..... I feel like the hax in this game ****s me over every time!!! I know it's called hax for a reason but seriously. I get hit with a mud slap and it lowers my accuracy 1 stage, then I proceed to miss the next 3 attacks; meanwhile my paralyzed opponent breaks through parahax and proceeds to take me out... Facepalm moments can make or break games.

Anyways.... I really am enjoying the game, and a lot of these things are nitpicky so please don't take them personally.

Keep it up!!
Old September 12th, 2012, 02:23 PM
tajaros
Hi I'm dawg

Nature: Timid
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to tajaros
Quote:

Dont know if you want to use em...(Most likely not)

But if you plan on animation...I am the guy!
Wtf?! What?!, do you possibly think that we can insert that in the hack?!, the limit of an Image in GBA is 64x64, while BW/BW2 sprites are 96x96, and plus the animation sprites that you posted on my thread are not yours there from spriters.pokecheck.org olol! , And even if you do animations there's not that much knowledge in inserting GIF images in GBA hacks, and even if we use Emerald it will probably only have half of the frames as it originally does... Could have have resized them you know? , this sprites are not even yours...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yambo Dos View Post
-One of the bug trainers pokemon emits Staryu cry when it dies.. I believe it's the first trainer on the final stretch of the forrest.
The cry of Staryu is not a bug we just haven't inserted new cries yet...

Quote:
-Axew having intimidate really pissed me off. If dratini can't receive its natural DW ability, Axew shouldn't receive intimidate. There are other pokemon that get the ability that are not legit (scraggy for example. It already has two great abilities, why give it intimidate??) I do like the concept of giving Archeops a new ability, but maybe not such an amazing ability--perhaps it should have sturdy or something that is shared among its typing.
It's not that easy to make new abilities in a GBA hack...

Quote:
-By the time I got to the first mart my Gible needed Super potions to adequately heal, but none are available... I just barely thrive with potions
The mart Items will be changed in BETA2 and it will be 100% sure that the difficulty will go lower...

Quote:
-The first grunt you battle has croagunk that uses dark pulse but the animation is for feint attack.
Again it's not that easy to insert new Animations in a GBA hack...

Quote:
- Lastly..... I feel like the hax in this game ****s me over every time!!! I know it's called hax for a reason but seriously. I get hit with a mud slap and it lowers my accuracy 1 stage, then I proceed to miss the next 3 attacks; meanwhile my paralyzed opponent breaks through parahax and proceeds to take me out... Facepalm moments can make or break games.
It's naturally like that even in FireRed..

Last edited by tajaros; September 12th, 2012 at 02:31 PM.
Old September 13th, 2012, 01:19 AM
Satoshi Ookami
Memento Mori
Community Supporter

Quote:
-Axew having intimidate really pissed me off. If dratini can't receive its natural DW ability, Axew shouldn't receive intimidate.
Then give an idea for Kibago's line ability that is present in III gen.
As Rivarly and Mold Breaker are introduced in IV gen, it's impossible to have them.

Quote:
I do like the concept of giving Archeops a new ability, but maybe not such an amazing ability--perhaps it should have sturdy or something that is shared among its typing.
Sturdy is useless in III gen as it doesn't prevent Pokemon from being beaten by one attack.

Old September 13th, 2012, 02:09 AM
alienhunterx

Nature: Brave
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to alienhunterx
Ahh still at Mystic Falls but now challenging the Gym...I am very happy to see this place has the third gym but My team had already crossed Lv 45+... Also there is a house in accessible in Mystic Falls.. I wonder what's inside it???
Old September 13th, 2012, 04:46 AM
DarkRisingGirl
Order Must Be Restored

Quote:
Originally Posted by alienhunterx View Post
Ahh still at Mystic Falls but now challenging the Gym...I am very happy to see this place has the third gym but My team had already crossed Lv 45+... Also there is a house in accessible in Mystic Falls.. I wonder what's inside it???
You'll find out in beta 2.

Haven't gotten much work done today due to my frustration of Bayonetta 2 being released as a Wii U exclusive. So I've been beating on my friend's pillow all day to let the anger out. I have edited a few trainers and tested areas that I've set up so far today, however. This weekend will be dry, so I'll surely get a lot done. Also, HM Surf will be available after the 6th major city for those wondering when it'll be time to surf the seas.

Last edited by DarkRisingGirl; September 13th, 2012 at 04:47 PM.
Old September 14th, 2012, 12:18 PM
Yambo Dos
Veteran

Can you revive fossils in this beta?
Closed Thread
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

Advertise here