Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > ROM Hacking > Hacks Studio
Reload this Page FireRed hack: POKEMON: Dark Rising

Notices
For all updates, view the main page.

Hacks Studio Hacks Studio is the go-to destination for browsing our curated collection of ROM hacks, all made by PokéCommunity members! Patch, play and enjoy!
(Made a bit of progress on a ROM hack already? Post your projects in the Progressing Hacks forum!)
ROM Hacks are to subject to moderator approval before they are displayed.

Closed Thread

Old December 23rd, 2012 (02:29 PM).

Which 16 legendaries are include?
I forgot!
Old December 23rd, 2012 (02:39 PM).
Order Must Be Restored

Nature: Relaxed
Quote originally posted by Dialga255:
Which 16 legendaries are include?
I forgot!
Victini, Landorus, Shaymin, Entei, Raikou, Suicune, Tornadus, Thundurus, Groudon, Kyogre, Rayquaza, Reshiram, Zekrom, Mew, Celebii, Jirachi, Deoxys.

All 17 of'em can be caught. There's more in the hack, but they either belong to someone else or you cannot catch them.
Old December 23rd, 2012 (03:07 PM).

hey, it wasn't written that this new beta would have pokemon with their original cries, because i picked gible and it still haves the cry it had in the previous beta....and i think it goes for every 4th and 5th gen pokemon....i will be grateful if you can fix this....
Old December 23rd, 2012 (03:18 PM).
Order Must Be Restored

Quote originally posted by Gold011:
hey, it wasn't written that this new beta would have pokemon with their original cries, because i picked gible and it still haves the cry it had in the previous beta....and i think it goes for every 4th and 5th gen pokemon....i will be grateful if you can fix this....
Sorry, anything with music or cries will have to wait until after the holidays when I get back into impoving this hack and working on part 2. I'm taking a much needed break for awhile. I'll still be here to fix any errors you guys come across, but any major improvements is on hold til I'm ready to get back into it.
Old December 23rd, 2012 (03:30 PM).

oh, too bad...anyways that update is coming soon right?, anyways for christmas i'll be getting a ps3 and dragon ball raging blast 2, so...i'll make time with my (soon) christmas present hehe : D
Old December 23rd, 2012 (04:05 PM).
Order Must Be Restored

Whoever defeated Nora should pat themselves on the back. Idk why, but I had a hard time defeating her. For anyone who got pass her, let me know if it was difficult or not and share your thoughts on the recent battles you've experience thus far in the new places. Thanks.
Old December 23rd, 2012 (05:26 PM).
Devil Summoner

So were you able to fix Larvesta so it wouldn't ignore you?
Old December 23rd, 2012 (05:43 PM).
2015 Edition.

Nature: Modest
Hi, DRG. Can I know where to find Shaymin and Kyogre? I can't seem to find it anywhere.
Old December 23rd, 2012 (07:20 PM). Edited December 23rd, 2012 by DarkRisingGirl.
Order Must Be Restored

Quote originally posted by Ashor:
So were you able to fix Larvesta so it wouldn't ignore you?
Totally forgot about that one lol. I'll get to it later.

Quote originally posted by PokemonGiratinaX:
Hi, DRG. Can I know where to find Shaymin and Kyogre? I can't seem to find it anywhere.
Trident Waters, go through the water maze to reach Poseidon's Cave. Then, complete the cave puzzle, battle someone important, then you'll reach Kyogre.
Reach the deepest part of the Training Grounds and speak to a certain someone for Shaymin
Old December 23rd, 2012 (10:11 PM).

Nature: Gentle
Um, I downloaded the one which was released for the first time, which means the bug still exists, so could someone tell me what to do, do I have to download the latest patch and start all over again, please someone help me. Sorry for basic question.
Old December 23rd, 2012 (10:24 PM).
Order Must Be Restored

Quote originally posted by Uzigunner:
Um, I downloaded the one which was released for the first time, which means the bug still exists, so could someone tell me what to do, do I have to download the latest patch and start all over again, please someone help me. Sorry for basic question.
No, just download the new ips on the main post, re-patch it to a new fire red, and click "Load" on your emulator and find the save file you had for the first one and re-load it. However, if you saved where you're stuck at and you can't move or re-enter a door, you're stuck.
Old December 23rd, 2012 (10:43 PM).

I did it, thanks. However to let u in on a bug I can't enter the pokemon center in the Dread Swamp, did u already fix that or did I repatch it wrong.
Old December 23rd, 2012 (10:47 PM).
Order Must Be Restored

Quote originally posted by Uzigunner:
I did it, thanks. However to let u in on a bug I can't enter the pokemon center in the Dread Swamp, did u already fix that or did I repatch it wrong.
Thanks, I'll fix that right away.
Old December 23rd, 2012 (10:50 PM).
Pokémon Master

Nature: Careful
I like game but difficult it is,Graphics cool and I like those.
Great Scripting spriting great too,few except
Overall As: I'l give hack of you a score average of :83/100
(Remember my Vocabulary has Grown but Grammar has not grown,I'm not englian.

[/sig-reason]
Old December 23rd, 2012 (10:57 PM).
Order Must Be Restored

IMPORTANT:

Posting another updated rom to the main post now that allows you to enter the pokecenter in dread swamp. Sorry about that. Since Atif re-maped the early areas in the hack, movement positions and warps were bound to be out of place. But that should be the last one. I'd say, by the weekend all of these minor errors will be gone.
Old December 23rd, 2012 (11:46 PM).

I'm having a trouble with the encounter with Sydney when she battles you in the pokecenter, everytime I fight her the screen goes black and doesn't go to the fight animation. This leaves me with basically running to the daycare to heal my pokemon for 100 bucks each while I do the ship. Any chance of being able to fix that? that is based off the latest version downloaded as 5 minutes ago.
Old December 23rd, 2012 (11:53 PM).
Memento Mori
Gold Tier

Nature: Calm
Wow, it seems the release was pretty rushed when I see all the bugs o.O
Hopefully the new release has all bugs fixed =)

Anime List | PSN Trophy List
Old December 24th, 2012 (12:03 AM).
Order Must Be Restored

Quote originally posted by Dumpy:
I'm having a trouble with the encounter with Sydney when she battles you in the pokecenter, everytime I fight her the screen goes black and doesn't go to the fight animation. This leaves me with basically running to the daycare to heal my pokemon for 100 bucks each while I do the ship. Any chance of being able to fix that? that is based off the latest version downloaded as 5 minutes ago.
Thanks. I'll get to that right away. Expect an updated rom within in the next hour. I'll post when it's up.

Quote originally posted by Ash493:
Wow, it seems the release was pretty rushed when I see all the bugs o.O
Hopefully the new release has all bugs fixed =)
Most of the bugs are from places that were in the previous beta. I thought I wouldn't have to look at those since they were all working, but it seems a couple have messed up from all of the changes. I'll look over specific ones. But yea, everything should be working right by the end of the weeknd. Putting it out now was good since by christmas(The actual date that was planed) all of these bugs will be gone.
Old December 24th, 2012 (12:14 AM). Edited December 24th, 2012 by alienhunterx.

Nature: Brave
Oh ****... Why I was absent in those 2 days . I knew it the hack would be released. Dearest Congrats from me for you and your team DrG.. Finally starting now to see the hard work. Will Keep in touch the rest of the day. Adeoz!!!
Started playing the hack and saw this outside the Prof's Lab. The character's supposed to be a bit ahead should not it??

I thought our house should be ABC house not AB..LOL

Old December 24th, 2012 (12:43 AM).

Nature: Calm
Congratulations on finishing this hack! It's not common for hacks to go to full completion, so kudos to you!

I'll report some errors I found so far:
1. When you step on certain tiles in Ivan's Lab, the game freezes. I think those are the one right next to do the entrance/exit.

2. Like someone said above, the Pokemon Center in Dread Swamp is inaccessible

3. Some grammar errors.. but they are pretty minor

4. When you battle Sydney in the Mystic Falls Pokemon Center, she sends out a Level 23 ????? and then the game freezes.

Due to Error #4, I cannot continue with the hack ... which is actually great because I have to go out now lol xD. But thank you again for this mini Christmas gift you deserve a nice long rest! :D

Ice Pokemon are the Best~

TaeYeon. Jessica. Sunny. Tiffany. HyoYeon. YuRi. SooYoung. YoonA. SeoHyun
DJ I Love You
Old December 24th, 2012 (01:48 AM).
Order Must Be Restored

UPDATED ROM POSTED NOW

I fixed the Sydney at Mystic Falls issue. She's NOW in the rest house above Falls Route if you're still interested in battling her. Mystic Falls center is now available. I also fix the problem posted above with the player's house sign.

ANNOUNCEMENT on Errors/Bugs/Glitches:

I apologize for all of the recent problems everyone's been encountering early within the hack. I've been working on all of the newer areas and events, I didn't check back at the first events from beta 1. For some reason, they've gotten messy since I added so many things in this beta. I spent the last 2 hours looking them over and fixing them. I appreciate everyone playing the hack despite these annoying problems and trust me, you're helping out a lot because just like the first beta release, this one is bound to have bugs in it for awhile until they're all cleared up. The rom I JUST uploaded should be fine...Hopefully.
Old December 24th, 2012 (01:51 AM). Edited December 24th, 2012 by alienhunterx.

I learn now in the beta that you removed the Outpost between Twist Woodlands and Tiki Village. But it looks really weird now. Take a look

There you go same problem in the PokeCenter's borders:

Old December 24th, 2012 (01:59 AM).
Order Must Be Restored

Quote originally posted by alienhunterx:
I learn now in the beta that you removed the Outpost between Twist Woodlands and Tiki Village. But it looks really weird now. Take a look

lol wow, I'll get to that in the near future. As long as you can go back and forth between tiki and twist woodlands, I'll settle for now. Make sure to download the rom I just posted to avoid the Sydney Mystic Falls glitch. That goes for everyone.
Old December 24th, 2012 (02:03 AM). Edited December 24th, 2012 by alienhunterx.

Yeah I saw your above post and downloaded it already.
A little more headaches for you..

Looks like the Tiki Village has border problems...LOL
Old December 24th, 2012 (02:08 AM). Edited December 24th, 2012 by Uzigunner.

I am sorry for bugging u with all those bug reports but I can't fight the pokemon center joy and the male doctor in the dread swamp as the battle starts, music plays but the screen remains black sorry Just to let u guys in for sth, if your pokes e still within level 40, do not, I repeat do not fight Giovanni, his pokes r level 90.
Closed Thread
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

You may also like.. (Beta)