Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > ROM Hacking > Hacks Studio
Reload this Page FireRed POKEMON: Dark Rising

Notices
For all updates, view the main page.

Hacks Studio Hacks Studio is the go-to destination for browsing our curated collection of ROM hacks, all made by PokéCommunity members! Patch, play and enjoy!
(Made a bit of progress on a ROM hack already? Post your projects in the Progressing Hacks forum!)
ROM Hacks are to subject to moderator approval before they are displayed.

Closed Thread

Old December 24th, 2012 (03:57 AM).

Ok, it s great hack, but i have the same problem.
When i entered pokecenter in Mystic Falls, Sydney appeared and when battle started, the screen went black. Now, when i downloaded the last patch, when i enter that Pokecenter, i talk to invisible Sydney and the screen goes black again.
And one more: After battle cave and defeating Prof. Ivan, i went back to battle cave and when i went out again, i had to battle invisible prof. Ivan again.
Old December 24th, 2012 (04:37 AM).

Hey,DRG I have a problem with the event at thunder mountain. After beating Kayo the script that follows,to where those 4 people watching the battle (don't remember names) are baout to punish Kayo for losing,after the first 4-5 lines a glitch appears and the text disappears and nothing happens,they just keep on standing like the event never happened.

Could you please check it out and see for yourself if the script works rather than having me trying to explain it? Thank you in advance!

Btw,loving the hack so far
Old December 24th, 2012 (05:55 AM). Edited December 24th, 2012 by LightorDarkness.

hey DRG after getting surf from misty,somewhere a tad after the rocks,the whole thing crashes .sorry and thanks once again
Old December 24th, 2012 (06:28 AM).

When I beat Adrian and his Umbreon I can see dialog which rewind automatically and after last word I can't do nothing, I can only press L or R to show help section, nothing else ( I have newest version from 1st post ) should I start from 0 ? ;<
Old December 24th, 2012 (07:20 AM).

Nature: Calm
Uh... its me again haha with more corrections to be made...

1. One goon in Atlantic Cave doesn't battle you. And shouldn't the grunts/goons/goonettes disappear after you defeat Brock? They still remain once I defeat Brock

2. Sydney does appear in the Gate above Mystic Falls.. but her script still activates when you enter the Mystic Falls Pokemon Center... as a result, freezing the game

3. Ever since I replaced the ROM with the new updated one, some events activate again... such as the Victini Event and the Prof. Ivan event in Battle Cave

Ice Pokemon are the Best~

TaeYeon. Jessica. Sunny. Tiffany. HyoYeon. YuRi. SooYoung. YoonA. SeoHyun
DJ I Love You
Old December 24th, 2012 (10:47 AM). Edited December 24th, 2012 by DrFuji.
Order Must Be Restored

Nature: Relaxed
Quote originally posted by godlesplay:
When I beat Adrian and his Umbreon I can see dialog which rewind automatically and after last word I can't do nothing, I can only press L or R to show help section, nothing else ( I have newest version from 1st post ) should I start from 0 ? ;<
Download the newest rom I just uploaded for now. The Adrian Umbreon battle shouldn't be there anymore as it's been removed from the hack. I'll be uploading a newer rom in the next few hours.

I've written down all of the errors everyone's posted and will get to fixing them. I'll post a new update within the next few hours. Thank you.

UPDATED ROM POSTED

Hey everyone. I uploaded a rom with the following errors fixed:

1.Dread Swamp's Nurse Joy & Roy is now working

2.Sydney's script in Mystic Falls is gone completely, removed from the game.

3. The game will not crash at the Montage Port/Trilogy Island due to me adding more raps to the bottom of the map. For some reason, if you go too far in that water, the game resets to the title screen.

4.KAYO's script with the 4 legendary trainers is now fixed.

I also went to all of the customized trainer battles in the hack and all of em except that sydney battle that I fixed, are working.

Another announcement, Tomorrow I'll be unavailable due to it being Christmas and I want to enjoy it without fixing errors in the hack most of the day. I'm pretty sure (And I know I said this 100 times now) that any bugs that prevent you from progressing farther SHOULD be fixed. The only one I didn't check was V in the cave near Grass Isle. But he's always worked fine. Also remember, the hack is not locked so if you have advance map while playing tomorrow, just remove the sprite that creates the problem and stops you from progressing. But don't forget to write it on the thread so I know to fix it Wednesday or Thursday. However, as I've seen people post, it is possible to continue playing the hack after the Sydney problem in Mystic Falls. Since it's now fixed, there should be 0 issues going foward and you can complete the hack. Thank you for your patience and enjoy your Christmas. I hope that if your playing Dark Rising, little bugs here and there does not stop your enjoyment and you can keep progressing til the end.
Old December 24th, 2012 (03:17 PM).
Clueless Scripter :/

Nature: Adamant
Thank you for your bug fixing!!! Is the larvesta not listening fixed in that too?
Old December 24th, 2012 (04:37 PM).

Once I get the second masterball from the lab I go into the backroom to get to the desert and the room is a deadend essentially. I cannot go back up the stairs and the side entrance is blocked by an invisible wall.
Old December 24th, 2012 (05:22 PM).
Order Must Be Restored

Uploading the rom now. It was due to movement positions. All of the changes really messed a lot of'em up. You can walk back and forth from the desert to Novella Lab now. Remember what I posted earlier though. If you have Advance Map, you can fix these errors on your own by either removing them or fixing the movement position in the specific area. UPLOADING UPDATED ROM NOW

wait 10 minutes after this post time to download. Thank You.

EDIT: Larvesta will be fixed after the holidays. Sorry everyone. But any other problem that occurs in the hack that prevents you from going farther I will be here today til 12am to fix. I'll be back on wednesday to fix more errors. Tomorrow you'll have to fix the errors for yourselves on A-Map.
Old December 24th, 2012 (05:27 PM).

cant wait to try this out
Old December 24th, 2012 (05:27 PM). Edited December 24th, 2012 by LightorDarkness.

Thanks DRG great hack at montage port right now
looking forward
Old December 24th, 2012 (05:54 PM).

Another things..
1, Dark Peteˇs quest repeats if I (after defeating him) move down.
2, I have to battle Kaiˇs DAD twice (if i talk to him first)
Old December 24th, 2012 (06:19 PM).
Devil Summoner

Quote originally posted by DarkRisingGirl:

EDIT: Larvesta will be fixed after the holidays. Sorry everyone. But any other problem that occurs in the hack that prevents you from going farther I will be here today til 12am to fix. I'll be back on wednesday to fix more errors. Tomorrow you'll have to fix the errors for yourselves on A-Map.
Cool, can't wait till then, Larvesta you will not ignore me any more!
Also, have a nice Christmas!
Old December 24th, 2012 (06:46 PM).

hey DarkRisingGirl i downloaded it and cannot play it because there is a white screen idk how to fix can you help me pls?
Old December 24th, 2012 (06:56 PM). Edited December 24th, 2012 by DrFuji.
Order Must Be Restored

Quote originally posted by RobSteel:
hey DarkRisingGirl i downloaded it and cannot play it because there is a white screen idk how to fix can you help me pls?
You may be patching it to the wrong fire red rom. If that doesn't work, PM for more assistance.
Old December 24th, 2012 (09:15 PM).

Finally! Final Version is released! Congratulation DarkRisingGirl!
Well I'll try this right away. :D
Old December 24th, 2012 (11:54 PM).
I don't live by my name...

Nature: Jolly
Well.. I had to create an account just to tell this. HAHA!
Loved your hack.. I went crazy going through the story.

Buuut.. I'm at Twilight Zone now, defeated Tarea, and she tells me to go forth *blah *blah* from a bond with the 4 Pokemon.. But, I can't go FORWARD. Something is blocking the way. >.<

Oh, and sadly, I dunno how to use Advance Map. XD
Soo, it would be reallyyy cooooool if you fixed that. Thanks! :D

My underleveled team (Except for Garchomp, Woohoo!):

Hippowdon (Lvl. 67): Body Slam, Attract, Stealth Rock, Iron Tail
Gliscor (Lvl. 67); Stone Edge, Swords Dance, Fly, X-Scissor
Garchomp (Lvl. 90): Iron Head, Earthquake, Outrage, Swords Dance
Lucario (Lvl. 70): Aura Sphere, Psychic, Swords Dance, Blaze Kick
Excadrill (Lvl. 63): Rock Slide, Aerial Ace, Earthquake, Flash Cannon
Ferrothorn (Lvl. 63): Leech Seed, Protect, Thunder Wave, Spikes

Any suggestions to improve my team? I don't know how to build a good one.
Oh, and I didn't EV train them.. Their stats look good even without them. XD

Andd.. Where can I find Magnemite? I want a Magnezone for my team.
Old December 24th, 2012 (11:56 PM).
Memento Mori
Gold Tier

Nature: Calm
@alienhunter: I believe those door-walks are due to the ROM base, not actual ROM bug...
@DRG: You can just switch the 5th badge with the 8th badge which is just changing one flag to fix Larvesta/Volcarona not obeying =)

Anime List | PSN Trophy List
Old December 25th, 2012 (12:06 AM). Edited December 25th, 2012 by DrFuji.
Order Must Be Restored

Quote originally posted by 4thGenAce:D:
Well.. I had to create an account just to tell this. HAHA!
Loved your hack.. I went crazy going through the story.

Buuut.. I'm at Twilight Zone now, defeated Tarea, and she tells me to go forth *blah *blah* from a bond with the 4 Pokemon.. But, I can't go FORWARD. Something is blocking the way. >.<

Oh, and sadly, I dunno how to use Advance Map. XD
Soo, it would be reallyyy cooooool if you fixed that. Thanks! :D

My underleveled team (Except for Garchomp, Woohoo!):

Hippowdon (Lvl. 67): Body Slam, Attract, Stealth Rock, Iron Tail
Gliscor (Lvl. 67); Stone Edge, Swords Dance, Fly, X-Scissor
Garchomp (Lvl. 90): Iron Head, Earthquake, Outrage, Swords Dance
Lucario (Lvl. 70): Aura Sphere, Psychic, Swords Dance, Blaze Kick
Excadrill (Lvl. 63): Rock Slide, Aerial Ace, Earthquake, Flash Cannon
Ferrothorn (Lvl. 63): Leech Seed, Protect, Thunder Wave, Spikes

Any suggestions to improve my team? I don't know how to build a good one. :(
Oh, and I didn't EV train them.. Their stats look good even without them. XD

Andd.. Where can I find Magnemite? I want a Magnezone for my team.
I'll look into that right now before I sign off for the day. I'll post an updated rom with that fixed shortly. As for Magnemite, download the "WildPokemonList" on the main post which shows you where every Pokemon is located Except the legendaries. Thanks, hope you enjoy when I fix your problem.

Quote originally posted by Ash493:
@alienhunter: I believe those door-walks are due to the ROM base, not actual ROM bug...
@DRG: You can just switch the 5th badge with the 8th badge which is just changing one flag to fix Larvesta/Volcarona not obeying =)
Thanks, I'll get to that very soon.

UPDATED ROM POSTED

Update clears the way after the Tarea battle in the Twilight Zone. We're getting closer everyone. Soon, they'll be No more bugs. Merry Christmas & Enjoy Pokemon Dark Rising 1. Dark Rising 2 will continue to be in the works at the start of next year. The second chapter in the Dark Rising Trilogy is Coming Soon. I'll be back on Wednesday! ^.^
Old December 25th, 2012 (12:43 AM).
I don't live by my name...

Nature: Jolly
UPDATED ROM POSTED

Update clears the way after the Tarea battle in the Twilight Zone. We're getting closer everyone. Soon, they'll be No more bugs. Merry Christmas & Enjoy Pokemon Dark Rising 1. Dark Rising 2 will continue to be in the works at the start of next year. The second chapter in the Dark Rising Trilogy is Coming Soon. I'll be back on Wednesday! ^.^

Thanks a loooot!! Merry Christmas! You deserved the rest/celebration(?)! Already Excited for Dark Rising 2. Another game to spend 5-6 days on. LoL :D
Old December 25th, 2012 (02:07 AM).

Ok,I found another bug. In Millenium City when you exit the cave dray and sidney don't say anything,even when I tried talking to them nothing happened,it's like they have no script or something.So you could you please check it out?
Old December 25th, 2012 (02:47 AM).

Download the newest rom I just uploaded for now. The Adrian Umbreon battle shouldn't be there anymore as it's been removed from the hack. I'll be uploading a newer rom in the next few hours.
ok, I loaded my save before fight with Dark Pete, but when I beat him my gameboid close, what is wrong ?
Old December 25th, 2012 (03:17 AM). Edited December 25th, 2012 by DarkRisingGirl.
Order Must Be Restored

Quote originally posted by chris7:
Ok,I found another bug. In Millenium City when you exit the cave dray and sidney don't say anything,even when I tried talking to them nothing happened,it's like they have no script or something.So you could you please check it out?
Did you defeat Nora (Numassity gym leader) & Bruce (Montage Fortress gym leader)? When I tested it, Sydney and Dray spoke and the event worked like it should. Unfortunetly, I can't check at the moment.

Quote originally posted by godlesplay:
ok, I loaded my save before fight with Dark Pete, but when I beat him my gameboid close, what is wrong ?
That's weird, he's working perfectly. Try going in and out of the area since it's a new patch.

Sorry I can't be much help at the moment guys. By Wednesday, I'll have more stuff sorted out and the time to check these events better. It's strange user Mia-San was able to complete the entire hack with only the Adrian problem occuring(Which is now fixed) but everyone else is having problems. I'll try to have this stuff sorted out within the week. Again, sorry guys. If anyone else gets stuck at Millennium City, please inform me. Sydney and Dray's scripts have to work to continue the hack properly. I'll look more into it Wednesday.
Old December 25th, 2012 (03:55 AM).
Hack Addict

Quote originally posted by justsneak:
Same problem. If you press b you just lose, but atleast you dont freeze there.
How did you beat him? I dd'ed 3 times with lv60 mence and a few hyper potions. Brick break is 2HKO.
I was answering the guy above you.

my team:

salamence lvl 75
Veniphede lvl 65
EELEEKTROS lvl 67
Blastoisce lvl 65
Rhyperior 55
Absol 45

spam full restore

and i abuse VS Seeker thats why i have high lvl's

hmmm. ill DL the new update version tomorow i hope that it wont bug my gpSP :D
Old December 25th, 2012 (04:09 AM).

Does anyone game crashes after the speech with Envy?
Closed Thread
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

You may also like.. (Beta)