The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > ROM Hacking > Hacks Studio

Notices

Hacks Studio Hacks Studio is the go-to destination for browsing our curated collection of ROM hacks, all made by PokéCommunity members! Patch, play and enjoy!
(Made a bit of progress on a ROM hack already? Post your projects in the Progressing Hacks forum!)
ROM Hacks are to subject to moderator approval before they are displayed.

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old June 30th, 2012, 07:53 PM
revere
Community Supporter

Nature: Relaxed
This is absurd. The new looks of the characters are amazing. Really good work & the screenshots look fantastic. I like Oren the most. His new look ha really improved.

Good luck on the beta, DRG.

~Mid, BW2's Biggest Fan

Last edited by revere; June 30th, 2012 at 08:28 PM.
Old June 30th, 2012, 09:30 PM
DarkRisingGirl
Order Must Be Restored

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkRisingGirl View Post
UPDATE:

This is the Last teaser Update before the beta releases next month. For those who feel these are spoilers, don't worry. The beta is so big, everything that's been posted thus far & now is only small portions of events that'll occur.

(Thanks again to Kyle_649 for the Kyurem Sprite.)

(Thanks again to Kyle_649 for the Kyurem White/Black Sprites.)

It may seem the story is based on Kyurem & Sydney...It's not. I said before that each main character has their own specific story in the hack that the player will have to go through as they progress in the game. To put it simple, you'll mostly be playing to solve the main quest in the game, but as you meet some of the main characters, their stories will eventually twist into the main events that are happening in the player's adventure.

Also, here's the finalized look for the main characters I posted previously. (The Heroine is still in the works.) Thanks to Tajaros for these!

Oren

Kaz

Sydney

Kayo

Dray

I'll be changing the OWs to match each of them starting now. The gameplay pictures above have the OWs from the previous sprites shown. Not the finalized ones.
I forgot to add the character V, as he has become a more important character through recent development of the story.

V
Old June 30th, 2012, 10:22 PM
KeldeoInTraining
Booted out - don't be like me!

Nature: Hasty
Im feel im being punished by not being able to play this hack yet. the recent update only makes me want to play it even more. pls release the beta soon. I cannot wait!
Old June 30th, 2012, 11:29 PM
glaceon12
Beginning Trainer

Nature: Jolly
I love Oren and Dray's sprites! Can't you release one more update the day before you release Dark Rising?
Old July 1st, 2012, 08:34 AM
DarkRisingGirl
Order Must Be Restored

@ glaceon12

1 More Update? Okay. I'll just give the update now then. Last One for now!

Glaceon12 Requested UPDATE:

Although Beta 1 is the primary focus since it's near release, that doesn't mean I haven't been working on beta 2 as well. The reason why these events aren't making it into the first beta because there's still the town's folks scripts I have to edit, as well as add some of the custom tiles to the 5th/6th city and edit some of the trainers along the paths that gap these events together:

Oren's Completed!

A City in the 1st Beta.
Random Bird Battle
Random Sword Battle

Remember, most of these are Events from Beta 2 that I've been working on so don't expect to see these in the first beta. I felt like I've shown about enough of the 1st one and decided to showcase what I'm currently focusing on while my partner Tajaros is finishing up beta 1.
Old July 1st, 2012, 08:53 AM
Dimebag

Nature: Gentle
Really liked the new screenies !!!!! Keep up the fine work !
Old July 1st, 2012, 09:42 AM
glaceon12
Beginning Trainer

Thank you, Thank you, Thank you! When I reach that city I'll remember that screenshot. I see thay in your battles your Pokemon have TM moves or Move Tutor moves. Is there going to be an infinite usage of TMs or are we going to be able to buy them constantly or are those just level up moves? I am really excited about the game, looks great
!
Old July 1st, 2012, 10:31 AM
Luckychancetime
Beginning Trainer

This looks really good. I cant wait for this to release.
Old July 1st, 2012, 11:44 AM
Gold011

this games will be awsome, still looking forward to play it, too bad that in order to almost have a full play of the first region we will have to wait like the near end of this year (if the world doesn't ends..nah just joking), this might be to early to ask, but after releasing beta 2, how much time do you think it will take for beta 3?, which pokemon will be the starters ones?, can we get a riolu in beta 1 or wait till beta 2?, can you say the unobtainable pokemon (the gym leaders signatur pokemon)?
Old July 1st, 2012, 12:01 PM
Shadow-Pikachu
the Shadow Pikachu

Nature: Hardy
This. Looks. Amazing.!

I'm really liking the new sprites! Can't wait for the release! I'm supporting this hack!

~Shadow-Pikachu
Old July 1st, 2012, 01:22 PM
DarkRisingGirl
Order Must Be Restored

@Glaceon12- Every Pokemon will learn most of their egg moves and a couple of moves that are normally TMs by Leveling Up instead of breeding or TMs/HMs. TMs/HMs are still in the game of course, but most Pokemon will learn very good moves on their own. I used Serebii.Net for this information & mixed the egg moves into the Pokemon's normally lv up moves from B/W.

@Gold011- The starters are Dratini, Bagon, Gible(As shown in the hack support banner,). Yes, Riolu is obtainable in the 1st beta in a cave known as Battle Cave. Which is a cave some of the best/favorite 1st evolution pokemon can be found. It's easily the most exciting cave in the game as it has pokemon like Larvitar/Beldum inside(Very Rare to find though). A Beta 3 is nowhere near in the making so I can't really answer that...Idk next year sometime I guess. Only news on that is I have the custom tiles I'm going to insert for the 2nd region already. I listed the pokemon for the gym leaders previously:

Fire Gym-Heatmor
Water Gym-Seismictoad
Psychic Gym-Sigilyph
Ice Gym-Cryogonal
Normal Gym- No signature pokemon for her.
Steel Gym-Durant
Ghost Gym-Giratina (I explained why before. It's an event/gym battle)
Dragon Gym- ???
2nd Region
Electric Gym-Ampharos
The rest of the gyms for the 2nd region I don't know yet because the 2nd region is not completed at all.

That's about all for now. I'll be inactive while Tajaros finishes up the last cities in Beta 1.

Last edited by DarkRisingGirl; July 1st, 2012 at 01:30 PM. Reason: Fixed Mistake Information
Old July 1st, 2012, 01:34 PM
Gold011

oh, ok, that's fine for me, can't wait to play this while listening to p.e.n.15 theme song from smosh while playing this, LOL

Last edited by Gold011; July 1st, 2012 at 02:24 PM.
Old July 1st, 2012, 09:11 PM
Dimazsi22
Beginning Trainer

when beta 1 realesed ? i love this game :D

sorry my English bad
Old July 1st, 2012, 10:07 PM
DarkRisingGirl
Order Must Be Restored

@Dimazsi22 Beta 1 hopefully, will be done sometime this month, waiting on my buddy Tajaros to finish up.
Old July 1st, 2012, 10:44 PM
revere
Community Supporter

Amazing work, DRG. I'm hoping for the Shiny Rayquaza sprite if there is one or I'll use the normal one. I'll try to get it done in 1-2 days. Again, I'm really supporting this hack.
Old July 2nd, 2012, 12:06 AM
glaceon12
Beginning Trainer

Hmm...
Battle Cave sounds fun.
Okay, so at least my Pokemon will always have a good move set. That's really great
Old July 2nd, 2012, 12:17 AM
helmy96
Now planning a hack, nid help

Nature: Lonely
Sweet!! Its July and I'm waiting eagerly :3 Pleasereleasepleasereleasepleaserelease!!!

Old July 2nd, 2012, 12:35 AM
tajaros
Hi I'm dawg

Nature: Timid
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to tajaros
Woah, I can't believe so many guys are excited for this! :D

Sorry guys if my progress is too slow I'll get done buy a week\two so just chill and relax... :D
Old July 2nd, 2012, 01:04 AM
DarkRisingGirl
Order Must Be Restored

Yes, Battle Cave is cool. When I created it, I specifically had in mind a cave where some of the best pokemon's pre-evolved forms can be found at decent levels. It also helps because after battle cave, the levels of the trainers increase to a somewhat farther range then what you would be facing previously. I didn't want ppl to breeze through it, so the difficulty is challenging but not difficult enough for you to be pissed off and break something. From my experiences, the hardest person in the first beta is the 3rd gym leader as she has the highest evolved forms of her pokemon. But luckily, Larvaitar & Beldum are in battle cave, which is before the gym battle . Riolu'll get crushed though...Her Espeon is not to be messed with.
Old July 2nd, 2012, 01:26 AM
Satoshi Ookami
Memento Mori
Community Supporter

Nature: Calm
Pretty cool screenies =)
I can feel that this will be a huge blast once it's finished!
Great job so far!

And no one battles Psychic types with Riolu, one simply evolves Riolu into Lucario =D

Anime List | PSN Trophy List
Old July 2nd, 2012, 07:15 AM
NO_obslayer

The arceus event thing looks cool cant wait for the beta
Old July 2nd, 2012, 08:53 AM
Gold011

okay, thanks for the replies, but forgot to ask some last questions, is eevee also obatinable within beta 1?, and it might be possible to have the last evolved form of our starter dragons in beta 1 (e.x: dragonite, salamance, garchmomp)?

Last edited by Gold011; July 2nd, 2012 at 09:31 AM.
Old July 2nd, 2012, 10:03 AM
Shadow-Pikachu
the Shadow Pikachu

Nature: Hardy
Oh my potatoes I can't wait for this hack! It looks soooo amazing! Let's just hope it'll work for me.. most hacks don't work even after I merge them with the game.. D: I REALLY want this one to work.

~Shadow-Pikachu
Old July 2nd, 2012, 11:17 AM
DarkRisingGirl
Order Must Be Restored

@Gold011 Yes, Evee can be obtainable in Nursery Road. Nursery Road, is a road where you can find cute Pokemon but more importantly the pre-evolved forms of alot of Pokemon. (ex: Elekid/Magby) its also where the daycare center is and a little surprise, that I won't tell.

From my estimation I would say the beta probably won't last long enough too get the final evolutions of the starters. Its possible if you use JUST that Pokemon, but I wouldn't recommand it.
Old July 3rd, 2012, 05:55 AM
DarkRisingGirl
Order Must Be Restored

Thanks everyone. I'm probably more excited for you guys to play than you are yourselves lol. I feel confident that I created an amazing story & blended all of the characters/legendary pokemon very well & it all comes together in a good storytelling pace. Yes, there will be Tile Errors(None that'll ruin your experience, trust me). Yes, a few of the speech scripts may be abit long(followed by or before epic battles though.), and I will admit that the road from the 1st major city to the 2nd major city may feel a tad bit like a longer Fire Red. The hack at the release of the beta is by no means perfect, but it's still very enjoyable and you'll love it, I 100% believe that.

Speaking of the cities, you'll also travel to cities that don't have gyms, but either important events or some rare obtainable pokemon somewhere in the city. I believe there's 3 of these in beta 1, and 4 cities with gyms in it. Not including all of the long routes/caves & you've got yourself a pretty long beta.

Last edited by DarkRisingGirl; July 3rd, 2012 at 06:19 AM.
Closed Thread
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links