The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > ROM Hacking > Hacks Studio

Notices

Hacks Studio Hacks Studio is the go-to destination for browsing our curated collection of ROM hacks, all made by PokéCommunity members! Patch, play and enjoy!
(Made a bit of progress on a ROM hack already? Post your projects in the Progressing Hacks forum!)
ROM Hacks are to subject to moderator approval before they are displayed.

Advertise here

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old July 3rd, 2012, 06:41 AM
Lugia_Da_Boss
Togepi

Advertise here
Woah, that does seem like a long beta. I was expecting it to be very short considering it's the first beta.
Old July 4th, 2012, 04:11 AM
DarkRisingGirl
Order Must Be Restored

Nature: Relaxed
Yes, the beta's very long. Otherwise it would've been released by now. Also adding to the fact we had to start over on a completely new fire red rom early last month made the process even longer to finish. Your patience will be worth it. You'll have alot to playthrough and I've already started progress on the 2nd beta as you've seen in the screenshots. So after the 1st is release, the 2nd will be released some time after. That'll go to the 8th gym badge & an epic battle at the very end, leading the cast of the story to the next region.

Sydney & Dray Are Completed

Old July 4th, 2012, 04:56 AM
Dimebag
Demon Cleaner

Nature: Gentle
Don't know if anyone asked this but...will darugis be catchable ??? Also from what you said in your post (#152) the beta 2 will be the final one :O
Old July 4th, 2012, 05:14 AM
DarkRisingGirl
Order Must Be Restored

No, Darugis won't be catchable. Darugis is the final boss battle in the game. He's not even a pokemon so he can't be caught. He's just a gathering of all the negative energy in the world manifested into the 3 pokemon who's power it absorbed the most.
Beta 2 won't be the final one. Beta 2 will be concluded after you obtain the 8 badges of the first region & have an epic climax-like battle with a particular pokemon's shadow form. After the battle, the beta will end but that is not the end of the game because Darugis isn't defeated yet. So the cast travels to the next region called the "Omni" Region. I orginally planed to spilt it up into 2 hacks. But Tajaros gave me the idea to put it all in 1 hack because it'll be less work & overall just better. In That region, it'll have 8 gyms (The 8th gym leader being the champion of both regions) & tons of more events. It'll feel as if you're playing 2 hacks in 1. That's the goal...

Last edited by DarkRisingGirl; July 4th, 2012 at 05:19 AM. Reason: Added Information
Old July 4th, 2012, 05:39 AM
Meez

Nature: Bold
Cant Wait Till Games Full Version Comes Out. Going To Be Epic
Old July 4th, 2012, 06:51 AM
Volcanix769
Known as the Quilava Guy!

Nature: Careful
Ok, so will Ferroseed and Ferrothorn have like a Grass-Type Attack(rather than Leech Seed)? And that it's cool that there's Pokemon that can learn good moves as well.
Old July 4th, 2012, 08:31 AM
Dimebag
Demon Cleaner

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkRisingGirl View Post
No, Darugis won't be catchable. Darugis is the final boss battle in the game. He's not even a pokemon so he can't be caught. He's just a gathering of all the negative energy in the world manifested into the 3 pokemon who's power it absorbed the most.
Beta 2 won't be the final one. Beta 2 will be concluded after you obtain the 8 badges of the first region & have an epic climax-like battle with a particular pokemon's shadow form. After the battle, the beta will end but that is not the end of the game because Darugis isn't defeated yet. So the cast travels to the next region called the "Omni" Region. I orginally planed to spilt it up into 2 hacks. But Tajaros gave me the idea to put it all in 1 hack because it'll be less work & overall just better. In That region, it'll have 8 gyms (The 8th gym leader being the champion of both regions) & tons of more events. It'll feel as if you're playing 2 hacks in 1. That's the goal...
If this is going to happen it would be like......pokemon light platinum on superlative form :D Though i believe that it is going to be better ! Once again Good Luck
Old July 4th, 2012, 08:43 AM
DarkRisingGirl
Order Must Be Restored

Yes, Ferroseed will have grass attacks of course. He's also obtainable near the 2nd major city in the Swamp along with Pineco. Somewhat of a rare though...But you'll have access to catch it before you reach the 2nd major city.
I want to release this Very Badly, so all of you can enjoy it & see how great it really is. Tajaros will be done soon...
Old July 4th, 2012, 09:14 AM
Dimebag
Demon Cleaner

Forgot to ask...will black&white kyurem be catchable ? :O
Old July 4th, 2012, 07:24 PM
DarkRisingGirl
Order Must Be Restored

Unsure. I do have their back sprites, so I may make it possible. but it might conflict with the storyline. So I'm unsure at the moment. It's not a Yes but not a No either.
Old July 5th, 2012, 04:13 PM
DiamondBlueMoon
The powerful Tyranitar

Nature: Serious
When I first gaze in this hack, I told myself that "Oh my... Really really bad Trainer/OW sprites" But when I move to the next 3 or 4 pages, I saw, wow, he changed his mind... now a better sprite well done. Anyways, I wonder how many Legends can be caught in this hack? And can 3 genie be one of whom could be caught? If then, I think you should add a stone-evolution in each of them to evolve into there terain form (sorry, I forgot how it spell), ex: Tornadus -> Tornadus T (Leaf stone) Thunderus -> Thunderus T (Thunder stone) Landorus -> Landorus T (Fire Stone) if it's possible.

Anyways, looking forward to see the first beta next month

-----------------------------------------------------------
Hey, you guys should check this out, it is an awesome club, I confirmed that
Old July 5th, 2012, 04:25 PM
DarkRisingGirl
Order Must Be Restored

@ DiamondBlueMoon

"S"he changed H"er" mind.

But yes, I changed everything about twice now & I'm finally fully satisfied with the look/gameplay. I also changed my mind on the legends as now Most can be caught. Maybe 2 of'em no, but Most will be. Interesting concept on the other forms of the genies. Although I never thought of adding their other forms til you spoke of it.
Old July 5th, 2012, 05:15 PM
teejermiester
Minnesotan, you betcha!

Nature: Rash
Although I think this hack has a long way to go, I really admire the way that you push through that to bring out the best in your hack and manage to keep on making it better. I may not like some of the sprites, maps, or other things, but the way you promote this hack makes it seem that much better. I've lurked this a lot (no other way to make it sound less creepy... ) and I'll keep on doing that. Good work, good luck, Godspeed.

----------------------------
Beta 1 Coming Soon! ||||||||||
Old July 5th, 2012, 08:10 PM
halcyonic
hates bulk up talonflame
Community Supporter

Hello people, if you guys had seen the last Darugis, it was too big for a ROM. So, I did a redo & it turned out great. Plz check it out below.

sword art online II
phantom bullet

• vm . pm - feel free to contact me
  • server - chat and battle
  • blog - random thoughts and stuff
  • #aerilate- mega pinsir team

Old July 5th, 2012, 09:02 PM
tajaros
Hi I'm dawg

Nature: Timid
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to tajaros
Nice sprite Midnightshine but I don't quite agree having Rayquaza's arms on it....
Or maybe just recolor the arms with black...
Old July 6th, 2012, 12:19 AM
Dimebag
Demon Cleaner

Quote:
Originally Posted by MidnightShine View Post
Hello people, if you guys had seen the last Darugis, it was too big for a ROM. So, I did a redo & it turned out great. Plz check it out below.

i will agree with tajaros...just paint the rayquaza arms black so it will fit
Old July 6th, 2012, 01:36 AM
halcyonic
hates bulk up talonflame
Community Supporter

Guys, please understand that I put a lot of work into this one. Because it has to be 64x64, I heavily edited it & had to squeeze it to it's current size a lot.

You wanna know how much time I spent on it? 2 hours. That's bizarre coz normal fusions & recolors just take me 10-15 mins.

So, please bear with me. If you really can't take it, sorry, no more redo's unless more than 10 people protest.

!!!: Don't try to gather up people, I warn you.

~Mid, B2W2's Biggest Fan

sword art online II
phantom bullet

Old July 6th, 2012, 01:52 AM
Dimebag
Demon Cleaner

Quote:
Guys, please understand that I put a lot of work into this one. Because it has to be 64x64, I heavily edited it & had to squeeze it to it's current size a lot.

You wanna know how much time I spent on it? 2 hours. That's bizarre coz normal fusions & recolors just take me 10-15 mins.

So, please bear with me. If you really can't take it, sorry, no more redo's unless more than 10 people protest.

~Mid, B2W2's Biggest Fan
hey man i wasn't trying to be rude ! All i said was that if the rayquaza arms would be better if they were recolored to black thats all ! And if i didn't said that the sprite was good well im sorry .But i think you simply misunderstood my post...i was trying to give some kind of a tip.I don't want to argue with anyone
Also tajaros said the same thing with me ( i think he liked it and i do like it too)
Old July 6th, 2012, 01:54 AM
halcyonic
hates bulk up talonflame
Community Supporter

Sorry to you too. I did not misunderstood, I completely understand what you posted. I just felt a little bit insulted.

~Mid, B2W2's Biggest Fan

sword art online II
phantom bullet

Old July 6th, 2012, 02:23 AM
Dimebag
Demon Cleaner

@midnightshine well things like that usually happen
anyways from what i heard this game is going to be very long and the development longer .I think that ( im not sure) Dark Rising Girl will have a little problem with the fly spots ( depending on how many towns there will be) .Everyone who played Flora Sky,Light platinum or any other hack that has more cities than the original ones ( 17 fly spots in fire red ,16 in R/S/E) will get me.Is there any way to add more fly spots or you will have 17 towns exactly ?
Old July 6th, 2012, 05:44 PM
tajaros
Hi I'm dawg

Nature: Timid
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to tajaros
@MidnightShine

I do not mean to insult you so sorry, I liked the new sprite very much but I just got used to your other sprite with black arms that's all...

Also I'm getting good progress on the hack so just sit tight and relax... :D
Old July 7th, 2012, 12:26 AM
Satoshi Ookami
Memento Mori
Community Supporter

Nature: Calm
Quote:

~Mid, B2W2's Biggest Fan
I do not think people want to insult your work but wanted to state their opinions on how to make that sprite better.

If only one complained then it would be obvious that you would not listen but since two people already complained I believe it would be wise to listen and at least try to satisfy them

You should think that THEY are the ones who will be playing and THEY are going to rate your work You shouldn't let the possibility of lower rate happen just because of some sprite

Anime List | PSN Trophy List
Old July 7th, 2012, 01:12 AM
Dimebag
Demon Cleaner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ash493 View Post

I do not think people want to insult your work but wanted to state their opinions on how to make that sprite better.

If only one complained then it would be obvious that you would not listen but since two people already complained I believe it would be wise to listen and at least try to satisfy them

You should think that THEY are the ones who will be playing and THEY are going to rate your work You shouldn't let the possibility of lower rate happen just because of some sprite
Basically i did not complain i tried to give some constructive criticism about the sprite
Old July 7th, 2012, 07:39 AM
teejermiester
Minnesotan, you betcha!

Nature: Rash
Dude, the Darugis sprite uses 21 colors, you can only have 16 in a palette in pokemon. You really don't have any other choice but to recolor the Rayquaza arms and Lugia wings. Sorry to burst your bubble, but it's still too big for a ROM (colorwise this time)

----------------------------
Beta 1 Coming Soon! ||||||||||
Old July 7th, 2012, 11:12 AM
Tcoppy
W
Community Supporter

Nature: Brave
Quote:
Originally Posted by teejermiester View Post
Dude, the Darugis sprite uses 21 colors, you can only have 16 in a palette in pokemon. You really don't have any other choice but to recolor the Rayquaza arms and Lugia wings. Sorry to burst your bubble, but it's still too big for a ROM (colorwise this time)
Even if he recolor the wings and arms Darugis still looks like a super-powered version of Darkrai. I'm not trying to be rude but exactly what is Darugis suppose to look like? I actually like the sprite/splice but I don't know if it's a good enough version of Darugis if it's suppose to be a legendary fakemon. But I'll let DarkRisingGirl and Tajaros figure this out but this is my opinion.
I can't wait to try this game out though! Don't quit this hack!

Last edited by Tcoppy; July 7th, 2012 at 02:22 PM.
Closed Thread
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

Advertise here