Community

The PokéCommunity

We are still working on a better slogan!

Visit Index

Advertise here

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > ROM Hacking > Hacks Studio
Notices

Hacks Studio Hacks Studio is the go-to destination for browsing our curated collection of ROM hacks, all made by PokéCommunity members! Patch, play and enjoy!
(Made a bit of progress on a ROM hack already? Post your projects in the Progressing Hacks forum!)
ROM Hacks are to subject to moderator approval before they are displayed.

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old February 14th, 2013, 11:18 PM
DarkRisingGirl
Order Must Be Restored

Nature: Relaxed

Advertise here
UPDATE!

Here's a look at Dark Rising with upgraded tiles. It's coming along great and will be released in the near future;

(Don't Worry, the Wii-U & PC Box with the Potion in it will be returning. I just haven't placed them yet.)

Also, an updated Rom has been posted fixing a few more errors as well. Well, I'm off again! I'm gathering a really good team of Rom Hackers to work with me on Dark Rising 2.
Old February 14th, 2013, 11:31 PM
byAmbi

Woah great update really nice tiles can't wait to play the upgraded version :D
Also good luck on DR2
Old February 15th, 2013, 01:31 AM
Satoshi Ookami
Memento Mori
Community Supporter

Nature: Calm
Is it only me or the indoor tiles are unnaturally square...? :D
ROM hacking FAQ - Read before asking how to play a hack. | Previous Sign 2 | Previous Sign

Anime List | PSN Trophy List
Old February 15th, 2013, 01:56 AM
alienhunterx

Nature: Brave
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to alienhunterx
Nice Work Dark rising Girl and.......................
Phew after a long time I manage to complete teh walk through and in a short time, it will be posted on the first page. Please look into it guys and kindly give me feed back. If you find anything not mentioned in it kindly PM me as well as if you wan to add some thing in it, every one is welcome.

Last edited by alienhunterx; February 15th, 2013 at 02:01 AM.
Old February 15th, 2013, 07:55 AM
MajorLeagueGamer

Soo this game is awesome cuz the first wild pokemon i caught was a bulbasaur with EXP share. Jus sayin
This signature has been disabled.
Exceeds signature height limit.
Please review and fix the issues by reading the signature rules.

You must edit it to meet the limits set by the rules before you may remove the [sig-reason] code from your signature. Removing this tag will re-enable it.

Do not remove the tag until you fix the issues in your signature. You may be infracted for removing this tag if you do not fix the specified issues. Do not use this tag for decoration purposes.
Old February 15th, 2013, 10:28 AM
Ayoay

Hey DarkRisingGirl quick question. I have just beat Adrian (which was a pain in the ass) but im just gonna assume that the game ends here and i see that your making DarkRising2. In DR2 will the main character(you) have the same pokes as DR 1 or will everything begin from the start meaning new starters, low level pokes and trainers ect. and do you have a set date on when the rom will be released?
Old February 15th, 2013, 08:26 PM
MajorLeagueGamer

I jus beat the first gym, and it was kinda hard. My team wasnt really good for facing fire types, so i went and caught a shiny houndour, and a abra which thanks to exp share evolved to kadabra, and after training them all to at least lvl 20 i beat the gym. What im trying to say is maybe the gym should be a little easier? I guess
This signature has been disabled.
Exceeds signature height limit.
Please review and fix the issues by reading the signature rules.

You must edit it to meet the limits set by the rules before you may remove the [sig-reason] code from your signature. Removing this tag will re-enable it.

Do not remove the tag until you fix the issues in your signature. You may be infracted for removing this tag if you do not fix the specified issues. Do not use this tag for decoration purposes.
Old February 15th, 2013, 10:27 PM
sicness09
Unhatched Egg

Hi can some1 help me I have in countered a glitch in the game and not sure how to go back, I had recently beaten the island part where Dark Rising HQ is and went to the Ghost Island (Not sure of name) Were i beat the spirit tower and then i went and beat the city's gym leader and when i came out it retriggered the event of me going to Dark Rising HQ and now i have no idea how to get back!! Some1 please help i feel like im so close to finish this game!
Old February 15th, 2013, 10:43 PM
alienhunterx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ayoay View Post
Hey DarkRisingGirl quick question. I have just beat Adrian (which was a pain in the ass) but im just gonna assume that the game ends here and i see that your making DarkRising2. In DR2 will the main character(you) have the same pokes as DR 1 or will everything begin from the start meaning new starters, low level pokes and trainers ect. and do you have a set date on when the rom will be released?
That depends on you whether you want to do that but be warned sometimes this causes game breaking errors. But in other words you can play with the old team

Quote:
Originally Posted by MajorLeagueGamer View Post
I jus beat the first gym, and it was kinda hard. My team wasnt really good for facing fire types, so i went and caught a shiny houndour, and a abra which thanks to exp share evolved to kadabra, and after training them all to at least lvl 20 i beat the gym. What im trying to say is maybe the gym should be a little easier? I guess
The game is intentionally hard but don't worry you will get VS Seeker soon and Lucky Eggs later so that you can progress easily.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sicness09 View Post
Hi can some1 help me I have in countered a glitch in the game and not sure how to go back, I had recently beaten the island part where Dark Rising HQ is and went to the Ghost Island (Not sure of name) Were i beat the spirit tower and then i went and beat the city's gym leader and when i came out it retriggered the event of me going to Dark Rising HQ and now i have no idea how to get back!! Some1 please help i feel like im so close to finish this game!
That event is intentional so don't worry. Leave the headquarters and move through Huntik Route to reach that cave previously blocked to reach Trident Waters

Last edited by alienhunterx; February 15th, 2013 at 10:48 PM. Reason: Your double post has been automatically merged.
Old February 16th, 2013, 01:11 AM
Satoshi Ookami
Memento Mori
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by alienhunterx View Post
That depends on you whether you want to do that but be warned sometimes this causes game breaking errors. But in other words you can play with the old team
NO NO NO NO NO!
Not in a milion years!
Absolutely NO! There's no way you can use your old team o.O
1) DR2 is a NEW ROM which means locations will be different
2) DR2 will have NEW Pokémon as DRG stated => some Pokémon might be overwritten
3) Using the old save state means many set flags, vars, etc... in other words you may be able to continue without game breaking bugs BUT you WILL NOT be able to activate many events...

Oh god... how could anyone actually think they can use their old team in a new ROM o.O

DRG already stated many times that DR2 will be new region where you only get one dragon starter fully evolved on level 30 from the start.
ROM hacking FAQ - Read before asking how to play a hack. | Previous Sign 2 | Previous Sign

Old February 16th, 2013, 03:27 AM
baorarch
Unhatched Egg

I've tried playing Dark Rising on VBA, but its not working. I tried patching the .ips to the Fire Red .gba, but all I am getting are flashes of the first black screen that tells me the copyright data of Pokemon, Nintendo, and Gamefreak. Can anyone help me get past this so I can actually play the game?
Old February 16th, 2013, 03:34 AM
alienhunterx

Hey I told him generally regarding my experience from playing the hacks. I did not read the post DRG made regarding the changes so I told him other story
Old February 16th, 2013, 06:23 AM
kensarcher
Hack Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by baorarch View Post
I've tried playing Dark Rising on VBA, but its not working. I tried patching the .ips to the Fire Red .gba, but all I am getting are flashes of the first black screen that tells me the copyright data of Pokemon, Nintendo, and Gamefreak. Can anyone help me get past this so I can actually play the game?
try No$GBA (v2.6a) GBA / DS Emulator
DL fire red.gba 1.0
Played Hack List:
Pokemon Dark Rising
Pokemon Light Platinum
Pokemon Victory Fire and
Pokemon Ruby Destiny Life of Guardians
Pokemon Ruby Destiny Reign Of Legends
Pokemon Liquid Crystal
Pokemon Red: Red Story

________________________< My Pokemon Dark Rising Team>___________________________

Last edited by kensarcher; February 16th, 2013 at 06:28 AM.
Old February 16th, 2013, 11:04 AM
sicness09
Unhatched Egg

That event is intentional so don't worry. Leave the headquarters and move through Huntik Route to reach that cave previously blocked to reach Trident Waters[/QUOTE]

After i go through the cave do I surf up to the other cave? I cant find what to do in the cave i just keep going around in circles???? Or am i not supposed to go there? Where do i go for 7th badge?
Old February 16th, 2013, 11:17 AM
joseph92411

What do I do after catching Kyogre? Is there something else in Poseidon's cave that I'm supposed to do? I have seven badges, and I don't know what to do next.
Old February 16th, 2013, 12:10 PM
DarkRisingGirl
Order Must Be Restored

Quote:
Originally Posted by sicness09 View Post
That event is intentional so don't worry. Leave the headquarters and move through Huntik Route to reach that cave previously blocked to reach Trident Waters
After i go through the cave do I surf up to the other cave? I cant find what to do in the cave i just keep going around in circles???? Or am i not supposed to go there? Where do i go for 7th badge?[/QUOTE]

Quote:
Originally Posted by joseph92411 View Post
What do I do after catching Kyogre? Is there something else in Poseidon's cave that I'm supposed to do? I have seven badges, and I don't know what to do next.
You must return to Fells Town/Tiki Village to battle the next gym leader. (The gym that was closed in Twist Woodlands at the start of the game is now opened after defeating Atem...Or Yugi...whichever you wanna him) As for the cave, download alienhunterx's walkthrough guide on the first post for directions on how to navigate through it.
Old February 16th, 2013, 01:32 PM
Vestra
Unhatched Egg

So after beating Adrian is there anything left to do in the game?
Old February 16th, 2013, 09:39 PM
hayatekun24

What do I do after beating the Elite Four?
Old February 16th, 2013, 10:22 PM
DarkRisingGirl
Order Must Be Restored

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vestra View Post
So after beating Adrian is there anything left to do in the game?
Quote:
Originally Posted by hayatekun24 View Post
What do I do after beating the Elite Four?
That's it for this hack. The sequel hack is being developed as I write this post. You'll have to wait to see what happens next after defeating Adrian. You'll only be allowed to bring over your Dragon starter at Lv10. So yea, basically you'll be starting the next hack with either a Lv10 Dragonite/Salamence/Garchomp. The main cast will be returning with new looks as well. For a better look at what's to come next, check out the Team Dark Rising 2 Thread: http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=296569

NEWS

I've decided to release some information on Dark Rising 2, as well as the most psychotic character in the entire game; Mason.

Dark Rising 2 will be much more darker than 1. This guy, Mason, will be leading the more darker feel of the game. He uses his Ghost-type Pokemon to drain the life force of entire cities, just for mere amusement and satisfaction. At one point, (Yes, I'm giving away this event because they'll be much worse events) he'll throw a person off a building that is close to the player and drown a Pokemon. He's not the typical "I act and look seriously tough until you defeat me & now I seem weak" type of bad rival. From the moment you see him in the hack, you'll know this guy is crazy and says some really freaky out-there things. He likes seeing people suffer and wears the long-sleeve Banette shirt to hide the cuts on his wrist that he himself did. His only purpose is to make Darugis notice him and appreciate what he's doing to people. He worships Darugis and wants to side with it no matter how far he has to go.

Dark Rising 2 will also have the Omni-League Championships. After receiving all 12 badges, the tournament will begin. In it, you'll see new faces and rivals you've come across from both games.

Paul from the anime is in it.

Like Dark Rising 1's Atem, a special character not from the Pokemon world will be in the hack as a special battle event.

Doctor Roy/Nurse Joy won't be returning, but someone (or something) will take their place.

Like Dark Rising 1, DR2 will have All Pokemon learning their best egg moves by leveling up. Only this time, the physical/special split is active.

All of the GRASS/FIRE/WATER Starters will return in random areas at a 2% chance of them appearing for you to catch. They'll also still have a 50/50 chance of holding an EXP.SHARE. The order will be different this time around as well. The first 3 that'll be available is Turtwig-Totodile-Tepig in that order.

The hack Will be longer than Dark Rising 1 with 12 gym leaders, defeating the Organization of Team Rocket/Magma/Aqua/Galactic/Plasma, a League Tournament, PLENTY of other mini quests along the way, and most of all, defeating Darugis with Arceus and saving your father.

All 4 Musketdeers & Therian Formes will be available to be caught, including Shadow Moltres, Shadow Zapdos, and Shadow Articuno.

Fennekin(The Fire Starter from Pokemon X & Y) will be seen in the hack but she belongs to a trainer name Jalice, so you cannot catch it.

Dray...Enough said lol. He keeps getting funnier and funnier. He's the comic relief of the hack.

Finally, NEW MUSIC!

Save the best for last; TABULA RASA!
Tabula Rasa is Dark Rising 2's version of Nursery Road, only Tabula Rasa is right next to the starting city. This means you'll have access to catch baby Pokemon like Elekid-Magby-Bonsly-Mime Jr-Togepi-etc, all at the beginning of the hack to go along with your Dragon Pokemon. Heck, you can pretty much build your entire team before even reaching the first gym!

Think that's all I'll reveal for now. There's so much stuff I have planned! Time for me to disappear again. ^.^

Last edited by DarkRisingGirl; February 16th, 2013 at 11:28 PM.
Old February 16th, 2013, 11:57 PM
Satoshi Ookami
Memento Mori
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by alienhunterx View Post
Hey I told him generally regarding my experience from playing the hacks. I did not read the post DRG made regarding the changes so I told him other story
What experience makes you say that? o.O
I hope you haven't mistaken new hack for beta o.O

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkRisingGirl View Post
That's it for this hack. The sequel hack is being developed as I write this post. You'll have to wait to see what happens next after defeating Adrian. You'll only be allowed to bring over your Dragon starter at Lv10. So yea, basically you'll be starting the next hack with either a Lv10 Dragonite/Salamence/Garchomp. The main cast will be returning with new looks as well. For a better look at what's to come next, check out the Team Dark Rising 2 Thread: http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=296569
Level 10? :/ Ouch... I expected level 30 as was announced... :/
This will be hard to train...

Quote:
All 4 Musketdeers & Therian Formes will be available to be caught, including Shadow Moltres, Shadow Zapdos, and Shadow Articuno.
Cool... will you release sprites to show us beforehand?

Quote:
Heck, you can pretty much build your entire team before even reaching the first gym!
With baby Pokémon? :D I wouldn't be so sure :D

Old February 17th, 2013, 01:53 AM
Vestra
Unhatched Egg

Sounds good, I did enjoy this hack. Intense scale of difficultly and a very immersive storyline, well done! However, please put some effort into sculpting out your areas a bit. Noticing the chopped up fire red was fairly easy in this hack, as were some of the sprites etc. I think it's a wonderful hack, with it's own areas it would be much more entertaining.

Looking forward to dark rising 2 though!
Old February 17th, 2013, 02:41 AM
Dialga255

When will you opean a new thread for dark rising 2?
Old February 17th, 2013, 11:06 AM
replay1996
Unhatched Egg

I can someone please tell me why my game breaks when a seedot appears? If someone could that would be awsome because I really want to play this game...
Old February 17th, 2013, 11:38 AM
Unhatched Egg

whats the passwords for this game?
Old February 17th, 2013, 06:00 PM
BLACKOUT

Nature: Bold
ok so i have a level 37 zebstrika. i just caught a shiny joltick. should i trade it out? what one will perform better? and i just got to the point where you get victini. am i in good shape with having a team with an average level of 35? things are getting tough. some guy had a lvl 50 druddigion or whatever its called.
Closed Thread
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

Advertise here