The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > ROM Hacking > Hacks Studio

Notices

Hacks Studio Hacks Studio is the go-to destination for browsing our curated collection of ROM hacks, all made by PokéCommunity members! Patch, play and enjoy!
(Made a bit of progress on a ROM hack already? Post your projects in the Progressing Hacks forum!)
ROM Hacks are to subject to moderator approval before they are displayed.

Advertise here

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old March 5th, 2013, 06:04 AM
Iceypunchy

Advertise here
Okay,i just beat the ghost gym and i'm back the dark rising hq,i got no idea what i'm supposed to do now :<

Edit:NVM

Last edited by Iceypunchy; March 5th, 2013 at 06:05 AM. Reason: Figured it out
Old March 5th, 2013, 07:59 AM
DarkRisingGirl
Order Must Be Restored

Nature: Relaxed
Quote:
Originally Posted by rizLLL View Post
i cant do that either because some scientist dude is blocking saying "you cant enter. walk away". afaik ive finished everything on these islands. i only downloaded this game about 3 days ago
I just fix the DR HQ Mission/Getting back to Millennium City problem. You can enter the cave at Huntik route now. Just download the patch on the first post, do all of the patching stuff, then while you're playing, go in and out of a building so the changes can take affect, then go through the cave entrance on huntik route. Hope everything works out for you now and everyone else who's stuck at this problem.

DR2 Thread coming soon...
Old March 5th, 2013, 09:57 AM
Iceypunchy

Finally i beat adrian,man that was difficult,but with some hax my excadrill sweeped his team :D.
Old March 5th, 2013, 12:21 PM
ViceSV
Unhatched Egg

Which emulator can this be played on?

Thx for reply
Old March 5th, 2013, 01:57 PM
cheatfreak23
Commander&Chief of cheatcodes

Nature: Quirky
I know that the creator of this hack wants to move on, and Im not sure if this was ever mentioned, but, after you deliver the parcel in the very beginning of the game, if you go back into the Prof's lab, the event where you deliver the parcel is replayed, and you get 5 more Pokeballs, thus giving an infinite source of Pokeballs and Money (with enough time and patience.)
Old March 5th, 2013, 02:02 PM
DarkRisingGirl
Order Must Be Restored

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheatfreak23 View Post
I know that the creator of this hack wants to move on, and Im not sure if this was ever mentioned, but, after you deliver the parcel in the very beginning of the game, if you go back into the Prof's lab, the event where you deliver the parcel is replayed, and you get 5 more Pokeballs, thus giving an infinite source of Pokeballs and Money (with enough time and patience.)
No one's ever reported that problem and I just tested it. I was able to walk back into the lab after the parcel event and Prof.Ivan graded my pokedex, the event didn't occur again. Make sure you're using the correct Fire Red version Rom & that it's clean.
Old March 5th, 2013, 02:05 PM
cheatfreak23

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkRisingGirl View Post
No one's ever reported that problem and I just tested it. I was able to walk back into the lab after the parcel event and Prof.Ivan graded my pokedex, the event didn't occur again. Make sure you're using the correct Fire Red version Rom & that it's clean.
I can never seem to tell what version of the Fire Red rom Im using. I mean, it's not that bad of a glitch, but I'll still look into a newer version of the ROM to prevent it if we need to go back to the Ivan.

OK, Ive tried alot of Fire Red Roms, and I can either not get them to load the hack or they do recreate the Pokedex getting event every time I enter the lab. I dont know what's going on, and if I have to talk to Ivan after said event for a later event, then Im screwed out of it.

Last edited by cheatfreak23; March 5th, 2013 at 02:41 PM. Reason: Extra Info
Old March 5th, 2013, 03:00 PM
DarkRisingGirl
Order Must Be Restored

Quote:
I can never seem to tell what version of the Fire Red rom Im using. I mean, it's not that bad of a glitch, but I'll still look into a newer version of the ROM to prevent it if we need to go back to the Ivan.

OK, Ive tried alot of Fire Red Roms, and I can either not get them to load the hack or they do recreate the Pokedex getting event every time I enter the lab. I dont know what's going on, and if I have to talk to Ivan after said event for a later event, then Im screwed out of it.
Don't worry, you won't have too. But to re-load your save files, on your gba emulator go to File-Load-then find the save file on your computer, then click it. Don't go to "Load game" when you're reloading a save file from a different patch or rom.
Old March 5th, 2013, 04:41 PM
cheatfreak23

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkRisingGirl View Post
Don't worry, you won't have too. But to re-load your save files, on your gba emulator go to File-Load-then find the save file on your computer, then click it. Don't go to "Load game" when you're reloading a save file from a different patch or rom.
I do Control+R to restart my emulator. Ive got the Save Settings right so that I can save my game in it. Also, I dont know if this is a nod to someone, but I can never seem to get a Male Bagon as a starter. I thought it was like you saying that you loved Bagon and decided to make it female or if I'm just having crap luck with it. But yeah, knowing we never have to go see Ivan again after delivering the parcel is a load off my mind.
Old March 5th, 2013, 08:05 PM
rizLLL
Unhatched Egg

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeremy9931 View Post
Nope, there really isn't any mandatory pokemon for you to have in your party. Mine sat in my PC with all the other legendaries.

As for sacred ash, I guess Victini would have to be holding it and the last alive?
I dont think thats how sacred ash works. I'd love to know though. I've had victini holding it and being the last alive, full health, low health, about to faint, fainted, and nothing happens. you cant USE the item either, its annoying.

oh that was weird, i just used it. has to be done outside of battle when victini is only one alive.
Old March 5th, 2013, 10:27 PM
morag
Unhatched Egg

just wanted to say that DR1 is such an awesome game that i have been w8ing on DR2 all day long or more like since u said it will take 2 days...do u have an update on the date of it coming out?
and will it be playable till the end of the game or just a beta?(in that case on newer beta will we get to keep our team from the prev beta)

and once again iwill say Awsome Game i have played a lot of hacks and this is defently my fav and the main reason for it is that u toke ur time and got the breeding and lower lvl moves so that the pokemons will be able to be it's best version
Old March 5th, 2013, 10:35 PM
alienhunterx

Nature: Brave
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to alienhunterx
Quote:
Well, I cant download the official walkthrough posted on the first page of this thread, mainly due to it wanting me to sign up, which is always a hassle and so much more junk mail in the email account I rarely use anymore.

Overall, Im just now downloading this hack and gonna give it a whirl.
Seriously you don't need to wait for a long time to sign up. The setup there is so simple

Quote:
Originally Posted by rizLLL View Post
i cant do that either because some scientist dude is blocking saying "you cant enter. walk away". afaik ive finished everything on these islands. i only downloaded this game about 3 days ago
Well it seems then you have still more events to do then. Go to the Huntik route and keep going North into it. Jump into the water and move north to reach the three legendary dogs and after them The Dark Hideout and complete the missions there

Quote:
Originally Posted by heisenberg View Post
hey, what emulator should i use? ive tried no$gba and thats not working, neither is visualboyadvance
You again bro. Well VBA is guaranteed the best emulator. Can you tell me exactly what is your problem. Try re patching your ips file with another ROM and see the result???

Last edited by alienhunterx; March 5th, 2013 at 10:42 PM. Reason: Your double post has been automatically merged.
Old March 5th, 2013, 11:01 PM
cheatfreak23

Here's my updated team and levels as of getting through the Mount Moon area:

Excadrill- 33
Shelgon- 31
Munna- 29
Zebstrika- 28
Torkoal- 29
Swellow- 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by alienhunterx View Post
Seriously you don't need to wait for a long time to sign up. The setup there is so simple
To be quite honest: I dont really care about a walkthrough for this hack. More than likely, Im gonna end up having my starter fully evolved and Lvl 100 before the third gym, so there's really no need for a walkthrough. And I know folks are gonna say "that ruins the game for you man!" but like I said, I really dont care anymore. These hacks are always set way too difficult for me. I mean, the Gym Leader always has Pokemon that are nearly 20 levels above the highest Random Encounter rate of the previous area when it should be around 8 levels higher.

Last edited by cheatfreak23; March 6th, 2013 at 12:21 AM. Reason: Your double post has been automatically merged.
Old March 6th, 2013, 02:34 AM
k-van
Ruler of K-vanian Empire

Nature: Modest
Dunno if this was reported as a bug or not. But when you fight Sydney in the gateway buildinng place (south of the daycare) then you go back to heal your pokemon, you have to go through Battle Cave again and when you do, Prof.Ivan does his shpiel again and you have to battle him again. All the time his sprite is not even in the room since he left.

My trade shop (closed):

http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=252396
Old March 6th, 2013, 02:53 AM
DCson17
a modest hacker

Nature: Jolly
This game looks beautiful, with a whole lot of promise.
I'll have to DL it when I get a chance later. x

Old March 6th, 2013, 02:57 AM
Satoshi Ookami
Memento Mori
Community Supporter

Nature: Calm
Quote:
Originally Posted by k-van View Post
Dunno if this was reported as a bug or not. But when you fight Sydney in the gateway buildinng place (south of the daycare) then you go back to heal your pokemon, you have to go through Battle Cave again and when you do, Prof.Ivan does his shpiel again and you have to battle him again. All the time his sprite is not even in the room since he left.
That falls into "repeated events" category which was reported many times before

Anime List | PSN Trophy List
Old March 6th, 2013, 03:06 AM
nomi1993a
Nauman Nasir

hey dark rising girl i have a suggestion for u, in DR2 plz put deino and axew as starters or early in the game , i love hydreigon my favorite pokemon, and like haxorus as well, thanx in advance
Old March 6th, 2013, 03:32 AM
k-van
Ruler of K-vanian Empire

Also the double battles that you scripted with just one trainer are a bit buggy. I had one pokemon left, but because it was a double battle, the game thought I had two pokemon alive. So at the start of the battle, I sent out my living poke, as well as the last poke that died. But it had 0 health. it let me choose a move for it to use but when the fighting came, it did not make its move and the ai did not target it either because it was dead.

Lets just call it the living dead glitch or the zombie glitch lol.

My trade shop (closed):

Old March 6th, 2013, 07:14 AM
4thGenAce:D
I don't live by my name...

Nature: Jolly
Hoo. Gee.. Life's making me so buuuusssssyyyyy!!!!!!! Oh my.. XD

@DRG: DR2 up? Where!? O.o
@alienhunterx: Well, not for me (After playing an old version of the game, with no lucky eggs YET!)
@Ash493: I'd have to agree for Lucario.. XD As well as Ferro (but would that make Umbreon more than a legendary too? XD)

Finished playing more than 45+ hacked and official Pokemon games altogether. :D
I have never tried hacking.. But I have lots of kinda "wacky" ideas for some. *sigh*

"I don't live by my name, but at least I can exceed your expectations. "

I may make Youtube walkthroughs about some games, you could suggest. I just need the appropriate tools.

Follow me on Twitter: @WhatevaBlahBlah
Add me as a friend on Facebook: [email protected]
Old March 6th, 2013, 10:28 AM
k-van
Ruler of K-vanian Empire

It seems I missed the mystic badge... My "5th" badge was actually my fourth and now I can't use fly nor do I have a town map >.<

My trade shop (closed):

Old March 6th, 2013, 03:15 PM
icecool86

what happen to the map when you want to fly. I cant Fly anywhere but the place that Im at. im at novella town.
Old March 6th, 2013, 04:00 PM
Sleeping Snorlax
I'm blocking your path

Does anyone know if Zekrom's Teravolt ability works in this hack? I tried using EQ on a pokemon that has levitate, but it never worked?

3DS FC: 2337 - 4943 - 3966 | SystemName: Jassi
Pokemon X IGN: Jassi
Friend Safari: Ghost | Lampent - Phantump - Dusclops

OMEGA RUBY!! HERE I COME | PLEASE DEAR SWEET ARCEUS HAVE MEGA-METAGROSS
Old March 6th, 2013, 04:15 PM
DarkRisingGirl
Order Must Be Restored

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sleeping Snorlax View Post
Does anyone know if Zekrom's Teravolt ability works in this hack? I tried using EQ on a pokemon that has levitate, but it never worked?
That's a 5th gen ability. It's not in the hack.

Quote:
Originally Posted by icecool86 View Post
what happen to the map when you want to fly. I cant Fly anywhere but the place that Im at. im at novella town.
When you're in Novellatown, you should only be able to fly to the Dark Rising HQ or Pinnocle City. I don't know why you can only fly to Novella Town but there's plenty of ways to get to other cities that you may want to get too.

SORRY FOR THE DELAY

The Dark Rising 2 thread will be submitted tonight. Keep it mind, the thread still has to be reviewed by the mods and please note the thread does not mean there's a playable demo of the hack. It's simply the thread to discuss and view DR2. The hack will be released later this yr or sometime next year. You can check out the thread in the progression hacks section within the next 24 hours. Thank you.
Old March 6th, 2013, 04:30 PM
vanillagfx
Togepi

Anyone know where I can find a moon stone to evolve Munna?

Youtube Channel.
Old March 6th, 2013, 06:23 PM
Mr155555

Nature: Adamant
when i downloaded the walkthrough guide it's not completed it stops when you get the ditto from the scientist and doesn't go after that
Closed Thread
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

Advertise here