The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > ROM Hacking > Hacks Studio

Notices

Hacks Studio Hacks Studio is the go-to destination for browsing our curated collection of ROM hacks, all made by PokéCommunity members! Patch, play and enjoy!
(Made a bit of progress on a ROM hack already? Post your projects in the Progressing Hacks forum!)
ROM Hacks are to subject to moderator approval before they are displayed.

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old March 14th, 2013 (12:27 PM).
uran10

I have oneq uestion, where do you get thunderbolt? I seriously need it on my lanturn
Old March 14th, 2013 (12:53 PM).
Mattysoxfan

Nature: Naughty
[QUOTE=DarkRisingGirl;7578848]In Nummassity city.

I'm at the mansion right now. is it before or after that? Cause i ain't got no map to use.
Old March 14th, 2013 (07:07 PM).
Jilly Shears
No party like a Corpse Party!

Nature: Sassy
After some thought, I've decided that I want to try Dark Rising. Partly because of how many people like it, and partly because it's probably somewhat sacrilegious to be on the development team for the sequel without at least trying out the first one. >>

Not expecting to get that far without ragequitting, but we shall see.
Old March 14th, 2013 (10:31 PM). Edited March 14th, 2013 by alienhunterx.
alienhunterx

Nature: Brave
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to alienhunterx
Even moves like Rollout hit Wonder Guard. How can that be I wonder???

[QUOTE=Mattysoxfan;7580834]
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkRisingGirl View Post
In Nummassity city.

I'm at the mansion right now. is it before or after that? Cause i ain't got no map to use.
You mean Amarie's Mansion right?? Well after it is Iceland city and then after a long route of events comes Nummassity
Old March 14th, 2013 (10:44 PM).
Sleeping Snorlax
I'm blocking your path

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ash493 View Post
We were just thinking how to beat it if it hypothetically had Wonder Guard as I suggested.
Never expected this to spawn so many responses

3DS FC: 2337 - 4943 - 3966 | SystemName: Jassi
Pokemon X IGN: Jassi
Friend Safari: Ghost | Lampent - Phantump - Dusclops

OMEGA RUBY!! HERE I COME | PLEASE DEAR SWEET ARCEUS HAVE MEGA-METAGROSS
Old March 15th, 2013 (03:18 AM).
Satoshi Ookami
Memento Mori
Community Supporter

Nature: Calm
Oh my... Let's make it quick.
Wonder Guard allows only super effective moves to hit, because Shedinja is a bug/ghost, it's killed by rock, fire, flying (from bug's type) and ghost, dark (from ghost type) moves.
As Shadow Lugia is Dark/Ghost, it has no weaknesses and that's why no attacking moves would work if it hypothetically had a Wonder Guard...

Anime List | PSN Trophy List
Old March 15th, 2013 (03:31 PM).
BLACKOUT

Nature: Bold

FINALLY!!! Great hack! Can't wait for the next one!

Best way to beat the shadow lugia is to paralyze it, then leech seed it, then stall it out with potions and revives.
Old March 15th, 2013 (06:54 PM).
DH Pestilence
Unhatched Egg

I'm attempting to Nuzlocke this game, and I'm not too far, but I'm determined to do it. Has anyone else done it in video format? If so I'd appreciate a link.

I've got to say so far this game is great, I only have one complaint... The trainers/wild Pokemon/xp rates don't really work with the boss fights in this. Somehow it needs to be changed so you don't have to grind SO much to be equally leveled.

Am I the only one who feels this way or?...

But everything aside, beautiful hack & thank you to all who took apart in it.
Old March 15th, 2013 (08:38 PM).
cheatfreak23
Commander&Chief of cheatcodes

Nature: Quirky
Quote:
Oh my... Let's make it quick.
Wonder Guard allows only super effective moves to hit, because Shedinja is a bug/ghost, it's killed by rock, fire, flying (from bug's type) and ghost, dark (from ghost type) moves.
As Shadow Lugia is Dark/Ghost, it has no weaknesses and that's why no attacking moves would work if it hypothetically had a Wonder Guard...
And let me prove you wrong with one move: Foresight.
Old March 16th, 2013 (01:54 AM).
Satoshi Ookami
Memento Mori
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheatfreak23 View Post
And let me prove you wrong with one move: Foresight.
Yeah, also a way. But that does not prove me wrong as XD100 would have no weakness before you use Foresight.
And... let's be serious here... There's no one who would have Foresight at that time on any Pokemon on their party.

Old March 16th, 2013 (05:13 AM).
Septentrion
Evilutionary biologist

Nature: Bold
Quote:
Originally Posted by DH Pestilence View Post
I'm attempting to Nuzlocke this game, and I'm not too far, but I'm determined to do it. Has anyone else done it in video format? If so I'd appreciate a link.

I've got to say so far this game is great, I only have one complaint... The trainers/wild Pokemon/xp rates don't really work with the boss fights in this. Somehow it needs to be changed so you don't have to grind SO much to be equally leveled.
Youtube User 2canentertainment tried and fail. You will spend most of your time grinding for sure

_________

OP:Thank you for linking my LP Playlist. I haven't even considered myself good enough to even mention myself. I can't even do link here myself.(it's the walkthrough with 22 at the end of the URL)
Old March 16th, 2013 (10:18 AM). Edited March 16th, 2013 by cheatfreak23.
cheatfreak23

Quote:

Yeah, also a way. But that does not prove me wrong as XD100 would have no weakness before you use Foresight. And... let's be serious here... There's no one who would have Foresight at that time on any Pokemon on their party.
Well, with the way you had worded things up there, it made you seem as if you were saying that there'd be no earthly way of beating a Wonder Guard Shadow Lugia with an attack move. But since Ive never even gotten to Shadow Lugia in this hack, I'd have no idea if it was legit plausible for someone to have Foresight (Or Oder Sleuth) on a Pokemon.

On a different note, Ive decided to give this hack another go cleanly. The only cheating Ive done was giving myself one Lucky Egg to start (Had to sacrifice the Potion in my PC to do so) to help out with the leveling and alter MudSlap so it's double strong and double PP but the Lower Accuracy is halved. My team as of Tiki Village:

Calm Gabite LVL 24 (Dragonbreath, Slash, Dig, Bite)
Gentle Ivysaur LVL 18 (Tackle, SleepPowder, LeechSeed, Vinewhip)
Lonely Pigeotto LVL 19 (Tackle, Gust, SandATK, QuickATK)
Serious Drilbur LVL 18 (Scratch, MudSlap, RapidSpin, Submission)
Old March 16th, 2013 (07:29 PM).
DH Pestilence
Unhatched Egg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Septentrion View Post
Youtube User 2canentertainment tried and fail. You will spend most of your time grinding for sure
Yeah, I've spent a good time grinding. I'm subbed to him and watched most of his letsplay, I'm about where he is when he failed.
Old March 17th, 2013 (03:14 AM). Edited March 17th, 2013 by DarkRisingGirl.
DarkRisingGirl
Order Must Be Restored

Nature: Relaxed
Hey guys, after watching this video(http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9XQXm...re=c4-overview ) I'm SO convinced that Shadow Lugia is Unbeatable, seriously. I've seen some of you have beaten the game but I'd like to hear how you defeated Shadow Lugia. I just need to read & understand how something SO powerful could be beat lol. MAKE ME A BELIEVER! I know I made Shadow Lugia that way but I never thought it would be THAT tough. So I'd basically like to hear some war stories some you had with this beast.

Also, which I'm pretty sure most of you know, the DR2 thread has been posted for 2 weeks now. You can view it here if you haven't already: http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=297933

URGENT MESSAGE

I forgot to add, if everyone can please go to the Dark Rising 2 thread and read my urgent post. If you're interested, please submit your idea on the DR2 thread. Thank You!
Old March 17th, 2013 (03:58 AM).
kensarcher
Hack Addict

Nature: Relaxed
Quote:
Hey guys, after watching this video(http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9XQXm...re=c4-overview ) I'm SO convinced that Shadow Lugia is Unbeatable, seriously. I've seen some of you have beaten the game but I'd like to hear how you defeated Shadow Lugia. I just need to read & understand how something SO powerful could be beat lol. MAKE ME A BELIEVER! I know I made Shadow Lugia that way but I never thought it would be THAT tough. So I'd basically like to hear some war stories some you had with this beast.

Also, which I'm pretty sure most of you know, the DR2 thread has been posted for 2 weeks now. You can view it here if you haven't already: http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=297933

URGENT MESSAGE

I forgot to add, if everyone can please go to the Dark Rising 2 thread and read my urgent post. If you're interested, please submit your idea on the DR2 thread. Thank You!
this is what i did just to beat shadow lugia
1st bring 50 pcs of revive
2nd bring pokemon that has a skill of perish song or destiny bond
3rd you must need a lot of patience co'z "dark chaos" skill of shadow lugia is max to 35(i think)
Pokemon Victory Fire and
Pokemon Ruby Destiny Life of Guardians
Pokemon Ruby Destiny Reign Of Legends
Pokemon Liquid Crystal
Pokemon Red: Red Story

________________________< My Pokemon Dark Rising Team>___________________________
Old March 17th, 2013 (07:02 AM).
DoesntKnowHowToPlay
some loser

You didn't disable Revives, perma-Sun Chlorophyll Stun Spores, or Destiny Bond. Honestly, I don't see how anyone has the patience for any of your mandatory endgame super-bosses, which all met the same fate in my game:

Regigigas's lack of high-PP ways to touch Gengar, combined with Substitute and parahax, gave me enough free turns to revive everyone in the middle of the match, refresh Destiny Bond PP, and then poke it to death with elemental punches. Everyone else ate a Stun Spore followed by Destiny Bond.

Frankly I don't see why people like this game so much when it has nothing but contempt for its players. Half of my team in endgame was good for nothing but cleaning up a few of the non-broken endgame threats, and half of those didn't even have legal sets. Never mind the fact that the rest of the game's level curve is out of whack (level 70 ubers before the 4th gym, anyone?) and in general an unpolished mess. If the faults I was finding were "too tiny" before, they certainly won't be now. I've gone through Cerulean Cave and Icefall Cave. I've seen the hack writing surrounding V and Light. I've been abducted by the Kecleon ship.

I wish you luck with your next hack, but I have to wonder how nobody seems to care about the issues that plague this one.

Yet Another Fire Red Hack

Physical/Special Split
Old March 17th, 2013 (08:45 AM). Edited March 17th, 2013 by Sleeping Snorlax.
Sleeping Snorlax
I'm blocking your path

Quote:
I'm SO convinced that Shadow Lugia is Unbeatable, seriously. I've seen some of you have beaten the game but I'd like to hear how you defeated Shadow Lugia. I just need to read & understand how something SO powerful could be beat lol. MAKE ME A BELIEVER! I know I made Shadow Lugia that way but I never thought it would be THAT tough. So I'd basically like to hear some war stories some you had with this beast.
I wouldn't say unbeatable just rather extremely difficult and annoying to beat. Lugia able to just spam its Dark Chaos move (which has like the max pp any move can have - 35 I think) and would OHKO every one on my team. Literally just kept reviving pokemon after they kept getting killed. Also my Blastoise the only one to tank that move, would get poisoned and then still die lol. Simply put I just waited the Dark Chaos and full restores out before being able to beat it. Also doesn't help that the champion has 6 pokemon as well

If the battle feels more like a battle and not a waiting game it would have been better, but I still love the hack

Old March 17th, 2013 (11:18 AM).
darniel

I have a question. I'm stuck at Dark Rising HQ, even after I gave the sapphire (supposed to be emerald) to sydney. She keeps on telling me to go for a stroll! btw for somereason, why am i missing my 1st and 7th gym badge..
Old March 17th, 2013 (11:45 AM).
venusaurleader
Unhatched Egg

I am really enjoying the hack so far thanks DarkRisingGirl. I Have beaten one gym leader and my team so far is Bagon, Pidgeotto, Corphish and Tynamo. Should I switch a Houndoor for my corsphish or no, Houndoom has a decent movepool but I am not sure.
Old March 17th, 2013 (12:44 PM).
Sleeping Snorlax
I'm blocking your path

Quote:
Originally Posted by darniel View Post
I have a question. I'm stuck at Dark Rising HQ, even after I gave the sapphire (supposed to be emerald) to sydney. She keeps on telling me to go for a stroll! btw for somereason, why am i missing my 1st and 7th gym badge..
Happened to me too. Try walking around outside and let the game cycle meaning that it goes day --> night --> then back to day (aka light outside to dark and back to light). Then once you go back everything should be fine

Old March 17th, 2013 (12:52 PM).
darniel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sleeping Snorlax View Post
Happened to me too. Try walking around outside and let the game cycle meaning that it goes day --> night --> then back to day (aka light outside to dark and back to light). Then once you go back everything should be fine
Wait does that mean I have to leave my vba on for like 12 hours? Or is there a more efficient way of imitating such a process.
Old March 17th, 2013 (12:55 PM). Edited March 17th, 2013 by cheatfreak23.
cheatfreak23

Alright, so after realizing that I chose the worst Starter in this hack as far as Special Attack goes, Im once again deleting the files and starting all over again. And more than likely, Im gonna end up using YAPE to tip the scales in my favor again.
Old March 17th, 2013 (08:31 PM).
Sleeping Snorlax
I'm blocking your path

Quote:
Originally Posted by darniel View Post
Wait does that mean I have to leave my vba on for like 12 hours? Or is there a more efficient way of imitating such a process.
Oh no. The game moves at a much faster pace than the world we live it lol. Most likely that would take maybe a couple hours or so, I'm not exactly sure.

What I did was just use this time to grind some levels on my pokemon using the VS Seeker battling the second ranger near the HQ. I did this a couple times during the day with some break and it happened easily. The process shouldn't take more than a few hours at the most.

Hope it works out

Old March 17th, 2013 (10:17 PM).
alienhunterx

Nature: Brave
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to alienhunterx
I have a habit to keep my team happy and that is why I never fainted even 0.1 % of my poke in any hack that is why I just used Double Team, ThunderWave combo and then swap my team to finish of Shadow Lugia and I can say that it was not Immortal. Just did the job with two tries honestly !!!
Old March 17th, 2013 (10:24 PM).
Satoshi Ookami
Memento Mori
Community Supporter

Quote:
Tough? Powerful?
I must have been using wrong version...
I mean all you need is Umbreon... I did not even have team of 100 levels...
Umbreon can widstand any attack and is resistant to Dark Chaos which only poisons it and if Lugia's not Toxiced by Umbreon, it gets poisoned from Synchronize.
Game over.
Mewtwo was bigger pain in the butt...

Closed Thread
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links