The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Gaming > Fifth Generation

Notices

Fifth Generation Are Pokémon slaves to humans? Team Plasma thinks so. Travel the Unova region and prove them wrong in Black & White, and then return two years later in Black2 & White2.

Advertise here

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old May 31st, 2012, 01:07 PM
Khrysta

Send a message via Skype™ to Khrysta

Advertise here
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Fallen View Post
I've thought about this a bit and was wondering if it was the right idea to expand on Pokémon Black & White versions instead of continuing the trend of creating a third installment, Grey in this case. I'm not opposed to the idea of additional storyline in anyway, but what do you really think sparked this idea? From a marketing standpoint this is going to generate a lot of revenue for The Pokémon Co., but outside of that do you think that they really want to go so far in depth with this trio of Dragons that a singular third version wouldn't suffice?
This was already being discussed in here as well as other threads, Merged with an active one.
Old May 31st, 2012, 01:09 PM
The Fallen
Donator Tier 5

Nature: Calm
Quote:
Originally Posted by XanderO View Post
This was already being discussed in here as well as other threads, Merged with an active one.
Sorry about that. Did a search of the forum for a thread of this, but didn't come across one. I'll broaden it next time. Thanks for merging it!
Old June 1st, 2012, 02:19 PM
hiiro-kun
DEAD ACCOUNT

Every game it's a new region with basically the same story line. Maybe they though some people would get bored with it. Besides, they've never done a sequel before.
Old June 5th, 2012, 03:16 PM
psyciceman
Friendly Neighbourhood Psycho

Quote:
Originally Posted by hiiro-kun View Post
Besides, they've never done a sequel before.
Ohai Gold and Silver, I didn't see you there.
But seriously is it that big of a deal? Just be glad that they're gonna try something new.
Old June 5th, 2012, 11:41 PM
Hikamaru
the hamster
Community Supporter

Nature: Quirky
In most generations, they usually release a third version after the initial pair, which usually contain new features, enhanced story and changes in Pokemon availability.

This time round, they wanted to break from that tradition and make a second pair that takes place 2 years in the future. They wanted a direct sequel pair of games for a change.

I think that these games may turn out to be the most successful, at least for the older fans. Nearly almost the entire fanbase loves the Pokewood feature, Cheren and Bianca's new designs and the inclusion of older generation Pokemon.

Gamefreak wanted to try something different imo, possibly to get the older fans into playing.

paired with awolfsquared and Starry Windy
battle server | tumblr | profile | credit | supporter

Old June 17th, 2012, 12:37 PM
ahovking
Scholar Trainer

Nature: Serious
Personally it was a big mistake to remake Pokemon black & white, i dont like the Pokemon (for example Vanilluxe.......its..its a ice cream cone not a Pokemon) they should of just started a new game or maybe if they wanted to remake a game, they should of remade Pokemon emerald in my opinion.

I AM THE VERY BEST
Old June 18th, 2012, 09:22 AM
Livewire
でんきタイプ

Nature: Adamant
Send a message via Skype™ to Livewire
It's a bit of precedent. New Pokemon games come in twos'. These aren't just remakes, they're explicitly stated to be sequels. Sure they could have done one game, but there's so much more money in this for Nintendo if they make two.
Old June 19th, 2012, 06:06 PM
OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire
10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Community Supporter

Nature: Careful
I like them, it's new and fresh for a sequel midgeneration rather than having us wait for another like they did between I and II. The story also seems to have the potential to be quite interesting .
Old June 19th, 2012, 06:47 PM
Glaceon_
As Fleeting as the Wind

Nature: Calm
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Glaceon_
I haven't really read through the thread, but I would reckon that what I'll be saying is what a lot of people have said, already.

I like that, rather than going with the norm, BW2 are essentially coming to us as their own games. They're set in the same Region as BW, sure... but they've added more to it than just a reorganisation of certain story aspects that, in my opinion, would have really made just a single game out-of-sync with it all. I'm glad that there is going to be more from this story, and I'm really looking forward to how this all comes to a head, and seeing how the story of the Unova region and its cast of characters, comes to a close. (since I'm venturing to guess that these will be the last games we see of the Unova region)

All that remains now, is to await their translation and distribution... which I'm hoping won't be as long as I fear it will be... heh...

Set by the wonderful Twinx
Platinum Glaceon Sprite is too cute! x_x <3
Old June 19th, 2012, 09:05 PM
hiiro-kun
DEAD ACCOUNT

Quote:
Originally Posted by psyciceman View Post
Ohai Gold and Silver, I didn't see you there.
Just because you travel to Kanto doesn't make GSC/HGSS a sequel.
Old June 19th, 2012, 09:16 PM
Aquarius1997
The Horoscopical Master

Now that i think about it, i think they are trying to step out of the box with pokemon.

TWO pokemon games are going against the norm of pokemon

Pokemon Conquest-very diferent from a normal pokemon spinoff
AND
Pokemon Black2/White2- first actual sequels

To me, these two are the starters to a plethora(big word of strange but wonderful pokemon games. But they will stop the new ideas if THE FANS hate the games and go back to the normal 2 version--> 1 big version

The Aquarius loves a party. Anytime, anywhere is their motto. It is not unlikely that an Aquarius will consider a wake a good place to meet chicks. Aquarians love to be naked. It is even better if they are naked and crocked. Froot Loops is a very Aquarian cereal. So is Rice Krispies, since it will engage in a friendly chat with the Aquarian as he or she is eating breakfast. Count Chocula is off-limits, however. It belongs to the Scorpios. Aquarians use the phrase "Dude, man..." frequently when describing philosophical concepts. Aquarians have out-of-body experiences on a daily basis. If you are talking to an Aquarian and he or she zones out, consider the conversation hopeless. He or she is talking to the guy three feet away from you. Aquarians are fun because they channel people. Plus, if you tell them to, they will run around naked. Aquarians like astronomy because they've been to all those places. If you want to know what the food is like on Saturn, ask an Aquarius. Aquarians can allow themselves every possible vice on the planet, and don't think twice about it. That is why they piss everyone else off. They are cosmically entitled to do this.
Old June 24th, 2012, 07:57 AM
DowntownDumpling

Nature: Quiet
Pokemon has been slowly but steadily losing popularity since around 2000 or 2001. Nintendo just has to jump through smaller and smaller hoops to keep breaking even.
Old June 28th, 2012, 09:19 AM
Patchisou Yutohru
Community Supporter

Nature: Lax
I kind of have the thought that it's making up for a future game (the remake of Gen III). I've been thinking that maybe they chose to put two games for the Black and White ramakes to change it up a bit, and instead of getting two games for Gen III in Gen V, they're going to make a remake of Emerald. Though, I doubt that this is accurate. It's probably just for the sole purpose of making more money, but I always like looking for deeper meanings into actions!!
Old June 28th, 2012, 11:02 AM
Dominus Temporis
Fezzes are cool.

Quote:
Originally Posted by emberjed View Post
Pokemon has been slowly but steadily losing popularity since around 2000 or 2001. Nintendo just has to jump through smaller and smaller hoops to keep breaking even.
Sorry, but what? What could even remotely give you that idea? Pokemon is going stronger than it ever has been. Red and Blue sold roughly nine million copies, which is a lot. Ruby and Sapphire, however, sold about 13 million, and Diamond and Pearl nearly fifteen million copies. And that's not even including third versions in the mix!

Heck, Black and White broke the one-day sales record for the entire franchise. And on top of that, Pokemon is the second-best selling video game franchise in the world. You know who the first is? Mario. And despite being around twice as long that series is just 150 million copies ahead of all Pokemon games sold.

I'm sorry, but saying that Pokemon has gotten less popular is not just wrong, but laughably so.
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

Advertise here