The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Current Generation Pokémon Gaming > Fifth Generation

Notices

Fifth Generation Are Pokémon slaves to humans? Team Plasma thinks so. Travel the Unova region and prove them wrong in Black & White, hens return two years later in Black2 & White2.

Old May 2nd, 2012, 04:22 AM
pokewalker
If it ain't Dutch,it ain'tmuch

Nature: Jolly
Do you think BW2 will have voice acting/ cutscenes? Do you want BW2 to have voice acting/ cutscenes?

Personal opinion voice acting
I'd really like it. For the important scenes I think it's a must: however, for the regular trainer battle I think it isn't necessery: however, it'd be more realistic that way.

Personal opinion cutscenes
We already saw some cutscenes in BW, and almost all of the other pokemong games. However, it was only at the legendary battle. I would love to see some combined with voice acting, for example, when you met Alder in BW, at the camping spot like thing, it would have been great. Things like that would be perfect for cutscenes in my opinion.

What's yours? Speculate!
Old May 2nd, 2012, 05:02 AM
dreamcatcher
Lump Appraiser

Nature: Naughty
I don't think we'll see voice acting in BW2, although I've always wanted it. It would add a whole new dimension of personality to characters and make the game more realistic. Battles aren't fought over text messages in the anime, are they? I think we will see more cutscenes in BW2 though, there were a lot more in BW and they made the storyline much more exciting. I'm excited to see all of the new additions in BW2
Old May 2nd, 2012, 05:36 AM
Gonzo
RNG Sommelier

Nature: Brave
God! I wish I could see voice acting and cut scenes, but it's very, very unlikely (well, it's impossible) I hope we'll get back the sneak-a-peak at the location from FRLG and HGSS.

クリムガン
It races through narrow caves, using its sharp claws to catch prey. The skin on its face is harder than a rock.

PokéCommunity Supporter Collab

Pair | Family
Old May 2nd, 2012, 06:02 AM
Naya Rivera
11/05/1982 - 13/07/2013

Nature: Relaxed
We won't get it, and personally; I wouldn't want it because I always play it in areas where there are people lol. ); But if they did voice acting etc it would probably increase their sales of the games.

Team Rocket!
blasting off at the speed of light! surrender now or prepare to fight!
meowth that's right!
wobbuffet!!!

Old May 2nd, 2012, 06:04 AM
ShadowStriatonTriad
Shadow Triad Elite

Nature: Bold
Maybe there will be cutscenes between the translation of the English version from the Japanese version..

Don't leave comrades behind.

Old May 2nd, 2012, 06:08 AM
Captain Fabio
The Shadow Pokémon

Nature: Lax
Nope. I think there will be too much audio files to fit in for the speech.
I prefer not having audio speech because I can use my imagination, some what.

As for the cutscenes, I wouldn't mind seeing more of them; they are nice to behold.
Old May 2nd, 2012, 06:16 AM
ToriSora
Beginning Trainer

I would like cutscenes with VA but in the other parts where its just the people talking no VA. kinda like what most games do. Don't see how people can say it can't handle audio files when load of DS games have.
Old May 2nd, 2012, 07:50 AM
wombateiro
Trainer

Imo it would be weird to have most dialogues written and only some voiced in cutscenes. Also, I think having not voice acting is part of Pokemon main games' style, the same like having no dialogues said by protagonist.
Old May 2nd, 2012, 12:52 PM
fenyx4
X does Y WITH AUTHORITY!

Nature: Timid
Quote:
Originally Posted by pokewalker View Post
Do you think BW2 will have voice acting/ cutscenes? Do you want BW2 to have voice acting/ cutscenes?

Personal opinion voice acting
I'd really like it. For the important scenes I think it's a must: however, for the regular trainer battle I think it isn't necessery: however, it'd be more realistic that way.

Personal opinion cutscenes
We already saw some cutscenes in BW, and almost all of the other pokemong games. However, it was only at the legendary battle. I would love to see some combined with voice acting, for example, when you met Alder in BW, at the camping spot like thing, it would have been great. Things like that would be perfect for cutscenes in my opinion.

What's yours? Speculate!
Personally, there are several other features that I'd like in the games before I would consider adding in voice acting. The current text-based speech is fine with me. Maybe a roar by Kyurem during important encounters would suffice, but that's all I would expect... Moreover, the "silent protagonist" aspect of the main character that seems to be employed would get a bit weirder if everyone but the main character speaks (if I recall correctly, other games have managed to accomplish voice acting while still maintaining a mute protagonist, but I personally think it would be weird for the Pokemon series).

From clips I've seen of what appear to be cutscenes in BW, the visuals did seem like they called for voice acting, and I expect B2W2 will have similar visuals that seem fitting for voice acting.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gonz0 View Post
I wish I could see voice acting and cut scenes, but it's very, very unlikely (well, it's impossible) I hope we'll get back the sneak-a-peak at the location from FRLG and HGSS.
This, although I'd prefer just the "entering new location" eyecatch/cutscene itself without any voices. Alternatively, a Pokedex-ish sounding voice could say things like "Unova Route 1" as the player enters another route.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Fabio View Post
Nope. I think there will be too much audio files to fit in for the speech.
I prefer not having audio speech because I can use my imagination, some what.

As for the cutscenes, I wouldn't mind seeing more of them; they are nice to behold.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ToriSora View Post
I would like cutscenes with VA but in the other parts where its just the people talking no VA. kinda like what most games do. Don't see how people can say it can't handle audio files when load of DS games have.
I'm not too sure about how much space the data of BW and B2W2 take up on DS cartridges, but with other DS games managing to preserve amazing visuals while still including voice acting, I think it would be possible for voice acting to be included in B2W2 on the DS (especially since several Pokemon cries are identical to each other, just with different pitches and effects and such, which I would think helps to save data space).

However, the 3DS and the Wii/Wii U appear to be much better suited for such a task, so I'm guessing Game Freak (and Genius Sonority?) would wait a little while to attempt the inclusion of voice acting on games of those more-capable platforms.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wombateiro View Post
Imo it would be weird to have most dialogues written and only some voiced in cutscenes. Also, I think having not voice acting is part of Pokemon main games' style, the same like having no dialogues said by protagonist.
And this. I think Pokemon cries and brief "cutscene roars" are the closest that the handheld Pokemon main series games will get to voice acting for a while, which is fine with me.

As for cutscenes, we'll probably have the "legendary Pokemon cutscenes" that we've had in the past whenever the player is about to meet and/or battle a legendary Pokemon in the games. It would be nice if cutscenes get embellished at important points in the games, though (i.e., when the player witnesses the Weather Trio battle from Emerald Version).
Old May 2nd, 2012, 01:12 PM
Shiny Celebi
Donator Tier 3

I dont see Voice Acting ever being part of Pokemon, it might be cool but thats not what the game is about really. Its more about the Pokemon than the people tbh. I can see maybe more cutscenes and I enjoyed the ones in B/W, but thats about it. One of the best things about B/W were those cutscenes, I definately wouldnt mind seeing a few more in B2/W2.
Old May 2nd, 2012, 01:20 PM
Jellicent♀
ღ Fairy Wind ღ

Nature: Modest
It'd be cool as heck if they actually had voices in the games, but I like the voices I create even better. I couldn't see it ever happening due to many technological reasons, but it'd still be cool.
I'd like to see cutscenes. The ones they had in Black and White were cute, but I want more, interesting cutscenes!

Let the little fairy in you fly!
Old May 2nd, 2012, 01:36 PM
Ghiaccio
Ace Trainer

I would definitely love to see voice acting in the series, but I don't think it will be coming in black and white 2, and probably not for a while. It's not a game like legend of zelda or something, where if they voice acted the characters, since there are a lot of recurring characters throughout the series, people have put there own voices to the characters, and voice acting could potentially ruin the series for many. the Pokemon series always has new characters within each generation, although there are a few repeats (like Cynthia, Looker, Professor Oak). Cutscenes already techincally exist, but better quality ones (like maybe on Gen 6 since we're still using the DS for B2W2) would be nice, maybe anime style or real 3D rather than the pixelated pseudo-3D. These would definitely be welcome additions imo to the series however.
Old May 2nd, 2012, 01:42 PM
Aquarius1997
The Horoscopical Master

Nature: Quirky
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gonz0 View Post
God! I wish I could see voice acting and cut scenes, but it's very, very unlikely (well, it's impossible) I hope we'll get back the sneak-a-peak at the location from FRLG and HGSS.
Just like gonz0 said it would be highly unlikely ( just imagine the many audio files for gym leaders/the elites/ and some main characters)
Me personally i would love for OTHER people to speak but not the silent protagonist i LOVE yelling out obscenities at the many dumb players

Professor oak- i cant happen to remember your name what was it again

Me- my names *****

The professor- *****!! Well thats a fine name
Old May 2nd, 2012, 03:59 PM
PlatinumDude
Nyeh?

Nature: Hasty
Send a message via Yahoo to PlatinumDude Send a message via Skype™ to PlatinumDude
While I think that voice acting would be a neat implication to B2/W2, I doubt it will be in there because as Fabio pointed out, the audio files may be too big to fit in the limited space for the game. If the voice acting were to be done, I think it would be reserved only for the very important scenes.

As for the cutscenes, I wouldn't mind having them because the cutscenes in the original B/W were absolutely brilliant.

Old May 2nd, 2012, 04:39 PM
Zayphora
Don't mess with the lights...

Nature: Sassy
I would enjoy a Pokedex voice thing, because I have a weird thing about computerized voice thingys, but I can't see any other thing included. Like everything else cool it will probably be implemented on 6th Gen.
Old May 2nd, 2012, 04:54 PM
Ephemeral Euphoria
From Hell To The Stars

Nature: Quiet
I'd like to see cutscenes but voice acting can stay away, I'd never go to a Pokemon Center again if I had to hear the VA for the Nurse time after time after time again but that's just me.
Old May 2nd, 2012, 07:22 PM
Hikamaru
ヒカマル

I think voice acting is unlikely but I could see cutscenes like N's in B2/W2.

pairs | showdown | tumblr | vm

Old May 2nd, 2012, 07:42 PM
Aquarius1997
The Horoscopical Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xulek View Post
I'd like to see cutscenes but voice acting can stay away, I'd never go to a Pokemon Center again if I had to hear the VA for the Nurse time after time after time again but that's just me.
That would be annoying having to hear her im assuming high pitched voice saying over and over again "Welcome to the PokéCenter! How may i help you"
Thats why i think, if they do it, VA should be only used by MAIN characters

I also want to know if they ever do everybodies voice how many voice actors and audio files will be in that ONE game
Old May 2nd, 2012, 08:06 PM
voicerocker
Psyduck

I actually hope that Pokemon stay away from voice acting, and that's coming from someone who wants to be a voice actor!

The Legend of Zelda doesn't use voice acting either, only for reactions and whatnot, and it is still a great series of games. Pokemon doesn't need voice acting in my opinion, and it allows us to use our imaginations a bit. I'd rather read all the dialogue and know what I need to know than potentially miss it because I wasn't paying attention to the voiceover.

Plus, any available space they could've used for voices allows them to provide us with better usable features in-game. Voice acting isn't necessary for Pokemon since it's never had it to begin with. They've had plenty of chances to use it. (Probably in Colosseum and XD, and I bet B/W could have handled it.) but they chose not to, and I think it actually makes the games better to not have voices.

Pokemon White 2 Team:
Old May 2nd, 2012, 11:41 PM
Asuf
Dragon Tamer

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Asuf
I wouldn't like voice acting at all, for cut scenes though I wouldn't mind having a few more, I found the ones in B/W to be entertaining.

Old May 3rd, 2012, 08:35 AM
Mr Cat Dog
Everything Will Be OK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zayphora View Post
I would enjoy a Pokedex voice thing, because I have a weird thing about computerized voice thingys, but I can't see any other thing included. Like everything else cool it will probably be implemented on 6th Gen.
I like this idea a lot. I don't know how much cartridge space or memory or whatever it would take up, and it's not 'necessary' in any sense of the word, but it could be a really nice touch.

The sheer amount of text and exposition that goes into every Pokemon game would mean that hearing all of it would get really tedious, really quickly. At least from my point of view. Especially because the sound capabilities of a DS aren't up to standard with that of a console-game, so the voices would probably end up sounding quite tinny as a result.

Cut scenes, I actually try and skip if I can. I'm probably in the minority on this one, but I'd rather just get on and play the game.
Old May 3rd, 2012, 02:38 PM
Kenmoor
Beginning Trainer

If voice acting is implemented then, like Aquarius1997 said, it needs to be only for the main characters. Otherwise we might run into situations like Nurse Joy, as Xulek said.
Though I would like voice acting in battles. Imagine battling Elesa with voice acting... you'd like that won't you... DON'T LIE TO ME NOW.
Maybe the generic characters such as Youngster Joey could have their own battle cry-"MY SHORTS ARE AWESOME!" or (All epic sounding with perfectly timed music) "Dare to challenge me, THE GREAT Gym Leader ______!? Then prepare yourself!"

Would the Protagonist actually need to be silent? It could work out... though for us old timers it might ruin it. Or the Protagonist could be silent then at the end of the game they could give this whole speech on why Pokemon mean a lot to her/him.
HEY! WAIT JUST A MINUTE NOW! Who could possibly be the voice actors? I don't want a Japanese accent (NO OFFENSE) in my American game (even though the Japs made it).
Don't know if this post sticks to the thread... feel free to delete!

Last edited by Kenmoor; May 3rd, 2012 at 02:41 PM. Reason: Forgot something...
Old May 3rd, 2012, 03:52 PM
Joshawott
Booted out - don't be like me!

I highly doubt voice acting will be added into Black and White 2, but cutscenes for sure considering... there has always been cutscenes? I'm all for seeing more, though. One thing I would actually like seeing are more skits like those of Black and White. As for voice acting, I'm all for it being added granted the voices don't drive me completely haywire.

Last edited by Joshawott; May 3rd, 2012 at 03:57 PM.
Old May 3rd, 2012, 06:19 PM
Aquarius1997
The Horoscopical Master

It is POSSIBLE for a ds or 3ds game card to hold multiple audio file I think that the creators have never done for
1) it would piss off the older players
2)the sheer # of audio files found and the games
3)according to this source http://wiki.answers.com/Q/How_much_m...game_card_hold
I think the cost would get higher(didnt FULLY understand the source)
Old May 3rd, 2012, 06:25 PM
Forever

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenmoor View Post
HEY! WAIT JUST A MINUTE NOW! Who could possibly be the voice actors? I don't want a Japanese accent (NO OFFENSE) in my American game (even though the Japs made it).
I agree actually :( I'd love an Australian accent but I think because of sooo many different accents it probably wouldn't happen plus it'd be annoying.

Cutscenes plz though! /need more

hi, i am an ex-pc mod.
i used to mod black and white / fifth generation forums.

MOST IMPORTANTLY I LOVE FRIZY AND I SHALL FOREVER <3

i'm now battle server higher staff here, and i used to mod the main pokemon showdown server.
i'm also a moderator on smogon!
~ pumpka
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links