The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Entertainment & Hobbies > Fan Clubs & Groups

Notices

Fan Clubs & Groups Fan Clubs & Groups are places to go to find like-minded members and talk about similar interests. Join or create a club here if it doesn't fit in any of the other sections.
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Advertise here

Old January 3rd, 2013, 02:19 PM
CarefulWetPaint
Time to Say Goodbye
Community Supporter

Advertise here
*Hangs head in Shame*

Ive been rather busy lately and neglected the club a little bit... IM SO SORRY GUYS!!!!!!!!!!
*Cries*

Outfox I am so sorry! I was probably me thinking I had already put it up but forgetting, I apologise again please dont hate us! (Yes if I go down the whole club is coming with me for not reminding me! )

@The Bassist question: If you want to get better my advice is to search for some exercises on the internet that will get you use to strumming and changing frets. I personally just learn songs I like to get better at my instruments, nothing beats challenging yourself to improve your skills!

Im going to be putting Krosos and Alex's covers/samples they gave us on the front page unless either of them dont want their work there! So if not just give me a heads up.

Its also great to see you guys trying to get something together like a song played by members of the club, I will help in anyway I can so just ask.

On to a new Topic since the season has just been merry....
Did you receive any musical gifts for christmas? Such as a new instrument or a lesson book, etc.
Old January 3rd, 2013, 02:43 PM
outfox
in

Send a message via Skype™ to outfox
Don't worry, I could never hate you guys! I'm excited to hear the samples :o

No instruments this year for Christmas, I suppose my mom decided to settle down on that after six years in a row of spectacular instruments (electric guitar, beautiful baby grand, mandolin, keyboard, ukulele, then another keyboard. I'm spoiled.). I did get headphones, which are kinda related.

Now, I have a question for you experienced producers. I'm actually taking a music production course this March which may answer all my questions, but I don't have the patience for that. I've been putting together a couple albums (all covers, don't get too excited) and I'm ready to record. Here are my materials: self, piano, laptop's internal mic. Yeah. I can't have a whole studio in my apartment but are there any suggestions you all have, strategy-wise or equipment-wise, to keep my recordings from sounding *gulp* ghetto?
Old January 19th, 2013, 05:50 PM
Kurui
Kageroza's Waifu

Nature: Calm
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Kurui Send a message via Skype™ to Kurui
For my master~

My first time singing the song so sorry for mistakes. x.x It's a hard song to sing on a first try.

and me singing a one shot cause.....of Masuta.
https://soundcloud.com/inabakageroza/godknows001
"Yor barmy...."
"o.o What's that?"

"Tha' means yor nu's, yor froo' loops, yor BANANAS!"

R.I.P. KAGEROZA. </3 T_T
I am Shi-Orihime Inaba on FailFacebook.

Old January 31st, 2013, 12:12 AM
Kitrigar
Obnoxious Trainer

Nature: Jolly
Username: Kitrigar
Instrument(s) played: Flute (11 years), Clarinet (4 years) and Piano (2 years) and somewhat of the Violin (taking lessons currently)
Are you willing to collaborate with other members: Of course.

I don't know what use I could be, but I am majoring in Music at my University and know a bit about theory and composition. I normally do orchestral/video game music styled music (what I'm interested in), but I've tried others before.

I use Finale 2012 to write my music and Logic Pro to synthesize realistic sounding music/edit music.

I also used to work with Pokemon Reorchestrated or PREO
My contributions were in the early stages, my most:

Played Pokemon since '98.
Craziest Asian you'll ever find.
Flautist, Violinist and Pianist.
Music and video games make my life.
OST's are the best.
Platinum Club Nintendo member.

Last edited by Kitrigar; January 31st, 2013 at 12:23 AM.
Old January 31st, 2013, 01:40 PM
cacturne4512
Psyduck

Nature: Quirky
Yeah, another flute player! Woo! *high fives*
Old January 31st, 2013, 02:46 PM
Evanlyn
Kidneys! I've got new kidneys!

Nature: Relaxed
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kitrigar View Post
I use Finale 2012 to write my music and Logic Pro to synthesize realistic sounding music/edit music.
Is Finale 2012 good? I use Musescore and Sibelius to write sheet music (my sheet music is never really any good but anyway).
Old January 31st, 2013, 03:01 PM
EvilSkittles
Lord of the kitchen

Nature: Impish
Send a message via Skype™ to EvilSkittles
Username: EvilSkittles
Instruments: French horn (7 years), Ocarina (on and off 2 years), Singer (10 plus)
Are you willing to collaborate with other members: Yes, of course

I've also played a bit of piano and the accordion.
Old January 31st, 2013, 03:14 PM
Kitrigar
Obnoxious Trainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evanlyn View Post
Is Finale 2012 good? I use Musescore and Sibelius to write sheet music (my sheet music is never really any good but anyway).
I haven't tried Musescore, but I actually find it to be easier to use Sibelius. Maybe it's because I was taught how to use Finale, but I think Finale is more efficient in composing scores quickly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cacturne4512 View Post
Woo! I was afraid I'd be the only one.

OST's are the best.
Old January 31st, 2013, 04:11 PM
Evanlyn

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvilSkittles View Post
Username: EvilSkittles
Instruments: French horn (7 years), Ocarina (on and off 2 years), Singer (10 plus)
Are you willing to collaborate with other members: Yes, of course

I've also played a bit of piano and the accordion.
I've never known of an Ocarina player before! That is so cool, is it difficult to play?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kitrigar View Post
I haven't tried Musescore, but I actually find it to be easier to use Sibelius. Maybe it's because I was taught how to use Finale, but I think Finale is more efficient in composing scores quickly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cacturne4512 View Post

Woo! I was afraid I'd be the only one.
Ah ok cool - Musescore is a lot like Sibelius, I just find it has a simpler layout... maybe because that was the first one I used so I'm more used to it.

I can play flute a bit as well.... I'm only a beginner though! (Clarinet's my forte)
Old January 31st, 2013, 04:44 PM
EvilSkittles
Lord of the kitchen

Not really if you've played any wind instrument, being a flutist it should be familiar. I own a 12 hole alto which can play a little more than an octave. You can get double and triples. With a triple it has pretty much the range of a flute.
The only trouble I'm having is modulating my breath since I'm use to my french horn. Now I'm inspired to go pick my ocarina back up and relearn everything. I have a terrible habit of putting it down for a while. I haven't really pick up my french horn in a while either, hmm.
Old January 31st, 2013, 06:18 PM
Kitrigar
Obnoxious Trainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evanlyn View Post
I've never known of an Ocarina player before! That is so cool, is it difficult to play?

Ah ok cool - Musescore is a lot like Sibelius, I just find it has a simpler layout... maybe because that was the first one I used so I'm more used to it.

I can play flute a bit as well.... I'm only a beginner though! (Clarinet's my forte)
I decided to switch to Clarinet my last year in High School because we were loaded with flutes.
The fingerings are pretty similar to the flute and I learned it pretty quickly.

Quote:
Not really if you've played any wind instrument, being a flutist it should be familiar. I own a 12 hole alto which can play a little more than an octave. You can get double and triples. With a triple it has pretty much the range of a flute.
The only trouble I'm having is modulating my breath since I'm use to my french horn. Now I'm inspired to go pick my ocarina back up and relearn everything. I have a terrible habit of putting it down for a while. I haven't really pick up my french horn in a while either, hmm.
I tried the French Horn during a summer camp I went to a few years ago. Switching from a woodwind to brass is not very easy, haha. I gave up like the 3rd week of learning and never went back to it. Makes my lip tickle too xD.

OST's are the best.
Old January 31st, 2013, 08:17 PM
EvilSkittles
Lord of the kitchen

I was basically forced into French horn my seventh grade year when I started band. When I was in sixth grade everyone was given a sound test. You had to differentiate between pitches, tell which one was higher or lower, etc. Well those that scored high were encouraged into the music programs. The highest scorers in band were greatly
encouraged to play French horn.

Then again, I did love it. The horn is a devil to play but since there were so few of us, you got really close with your section. We had 3 horns seventh grade year, 8 in eight and when I got to high school 14. That is considered a lot in my region. The 8 of us in my year were the most to sweep through the district in a long time.

Did you play the concert horn or the marching horn? I can easily see why you would want to quit if you had to play concert horn, that thing is the devil incarnate.
Old February 1st, 2013, 04:43 PM
Kitrigar
Obnoxious Trainer

Quote:
I was basically forced into French horn my seventh grade year when I started band. When I was in sixth grade everyone was given a sound test. You had to differentiate between pitches, tell which one was higher or lower, etc. Well those that scored high were encouraged into the music programs. The highest scorers in band were greatly
encouraged to play French horn.

Then again, I did love it. The horn is a devil to play but since there were so few of us, you got really close with your section. We had 3 horns seventh grade year, 8 in eight and when I got to high school 14. That is considered a lot in my region. The 8 of us in my year were the most to sweep through the district in a long time.

Did you play the concert horn or the marching horn? I can easily see why you would want to quit if you had to play concert horn, that thing is the devil incarnate.
Unfortunately, the concert horn. It was completely out of my comfort zone and very different from woodwinds. I give props to anyone who has the stamina to play brass instruments. Woodwinds have it easy, haha.

OST's are the best.
Old February 2nd, 2013, 08:49 PM
EvilSkittles
Lord of the kitchen

We learned on marching horns so by the time they shoved a concert horn in our faces, we were in too deep to run away. If you wanted to, you could play ever note with out pushing a single valve and that is precisely what makes it so frustrating to play.

I can't get a sound on a reed instrument to save my life. Couldn't get a sound on the flute whenever I tried either. I must be woodwind cursed.
Old February 9th, 2013, 08:50 AM
LightningAlex

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to LightningAlex Send a message via Skype™ to LightningAlex
Hey guys, I haven't posted here in a while. I really ought to check out the stuff posted here, but right now, House MD is on xD I just wanted to share a few covers I did in the last few days, if anyone is interested:

Deep Purple - Burn
Metallica - One
Metallica - Fade to Black

Old February 11th, 2013, 10:59 PM
FenrirDarkWolf
Water Musician Fenrir

Nature: Quirky
Hey! I'm a musician for my school's band!
Username: FenrirDarkWolf
Instrument(s) played: Clarinet, Bassoon
Are you willing to collaborate with other members: Depending on the situation, yes.

http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=296631 -My Art Den
On AAO
On DeviantArt
On FurAffinity
Old February 16th, 2013, 11:07 AM
Sandshrew4
Also known as Sandwich

Nature: Careful
I'm back after a long break, and I was wondering if this collaboration thing is still floating around. If so, I have to songs I think would be cool, but that's me. So anyway-
We're not gonna take it- Twisted Sister
Hungry like the wolf- Duran Duran
Ticket to ride- Beatles (am I the only Beatles fan here?)
Rock you like a hurricane- Scorpions
So...just what I was thinking. If anyone likes these, I'd be willing to collaborate.
Old February 17th, 2013, 02:13 PM
Evanlyn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandshrew4 View Post
I'm back after a long break, and I was wondering if this collaboration thing is still floating around. If so, I have to songs I think would be cool, but that's me. So anyway-
We're not gonna take it- Twisted Sister
Hungry like the wolf- Duran Duran
Ticket to ride- Beatles (am I the only Beatles fan here?)
Rock you like a hurricane- Scorpions
So...just what I was thinking. If anyone likes these, I'd be willing to collaborate.
I don't know whether I'll be able to collaborate, as I am really really busy :/ but I just wanted to say; you listen to good stuff! The only one I haven't heard is Rock You Like A Hurricane, but the rest of them are awesome.
Old February 18th, 2013, 06:24 PM
Bounce
Blue eyes :3

Nature: Docile
Username:
Bounce

Instrument(s) played:
Guitar, bass, the microphone , piano, violin, viola, bass clarinet, drums, and the ukulele.

Are you willing to collaborate with other members:
My recording quality is really sketchy since I don't have proper recording equipment, but possibly.
Old February 18th, 2013, 06:33 PM
ShinyUmbreon189
F U C K PC! WAY TOO STRICT!

Send a message via AIM to ShinyUmbreon189
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bounce View Post
Username:
Bounce

Instrument(s) played:
Guitar, bass, the microphone , piano, violin, viola, bass clarinet, drums, and the ukulele.

Are you willing to collaborate with other members:
My recording quality is really sketchy since I don't have proper recording equipment, but possibly.
Welcome. If you don't mind me asking, but what kind of recording equipment do you have, if any?
Old February 18th, 2013, 06:41 PM
Bounce

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShinyUmbreon189 View Post
Welcome. If you don't mind me asking, but what kind of recording equipment do you have, if any?
On occasion, I do have my friends dynamic mic to record my stack into, but other than that nothing.

Here's a quick tone test I recorded a while ago. The tune is Periphery - Icarus Lives. http://picosong.com/nCTP/
Old February 18th, 2013, 06:50 PM
ShinyUmbreon189

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bounce View Post
On occasion, I do have my friends dynamic mic to record my stack into, but other than that nothing.

Here's a quick tone test I recorded a while ago. The tune is Periphery - Icarus Lives. http://picosong.com/nCTP/
If you got a couple hund to drop then you should get the M-Audio interface. It's got inputs for musical instruments including microphone and connects to your computer with USB. But your computer has to be fast enough to run it. It will record your music in amazing quality. It's what I use and I'm a rapper. I use my homies studio as of now cuz I don't got a pre amp and my mic broke lol (stupid dog). I got monitors and everything so yea.

Here's a song I got recorded a couple months ago. It's my true beliefs on the crap we call music now. Especially when it comes to rap music.
http://s000.tinyupload.com/index.php...25698334995434
Old February 18th, 2013, 06:56 PM
Bounce

Quote:
If you got a couple hund to drop then you should get the M-Audio interface. It's got inputs for musical instruments including microphone and connects to your computer with USB. But your computer has to be fast enough to run it. It will record your music in amazing quality. It's what I use and I'm a rapper. I use my homies studio as of now cuz I don't got a pre amp and my mic broke lol (stupid dog). I got monitors and everything so yea.

Here's a song I got recorded a couple months ago. It's my true beliefs on the crap we call music now. Especially when it comes to rap music.
http://s000.tinyupload.com/index.php...25698334995434
Awesome, I'm broke right now, and I'm downloading that link as we speak. I had another guitar cover that I wanted to upload but it breaks Picosong's 10MB limit, so I'll have to upload it on an alternate website. For now here is my vocal cover of Volumes - Intake, http://picosong.com/nCaP/
Old February 18th, 2013, 07:04 PM
ShinyUmbreon189

It's definitely worth the money. That's if you have a mic that's not USB. Mine was run by phantom so it was higher quality, but dropped a couple hund on it. If you don't have a proper mic then you'd need to drop another couple hund. Recording in good quality ain't free, it can get pretty pricey. A pre amp costs a couple grand for a good one so yea lol.

I've dropped about $1600 if not more so far on a studio and it's not complete yet. I still need a couple more things. My monitors/speakers costed $200 for one and I have 2. But I'm a rapper as I said so I need more equipment. You can get by without a pre amp, unless you create beats and know how to run pro tools and FL Studio lol. That's why a rap studio can get ridiculously pricey.
Old February 18th, 2013, 07:07 PM
Bounce

Quote:
It's definitely worth the money. That's if you have a mic that's not USB. Mine was run by phantom so it was higher quality, but dropped a couple hund on it. If you don't have a proper mic then you'd need to drop another couple hund. Recording in good quality ain't free, it can get pretty pricey. A pre amp costs a couple grand for a good one so yea lol.

I've dropped about $1600 if not more so far on a studio and it's not complete yet. I still need a couple more things. My monitors/speakers costed $200 for one and I have 2. But I'm a rapper as I said so I need more equipment. You can get by without a pre amp, unless you create beats and know how to run pro tools and FL Studio lol. That's why a rap studio can get ridiculously pricey.
Yeah, I know how to run Pro Tools, FL Studio, Mixcraft, etc. I really am looking into buying something like an Axe-FX for my guitar & bass, but it's very expensive.
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

Advertise here