The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Entertainment & Hobbies > Fan Clubs & Groups

Notices

Fan Clubs & Groups Fan Clubs & Groups are places to go to find like-minded members and talk about similar interests. Join or create a club here if it doesn't fit in any of the other sections.
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Old May 12th, 2012, 07:05 PM
Evanlyn
What a drag...

Nature: Relaxed
Send a message via Yahoo to Evanlyn
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingHatTrick View Post
*buttshoves*

Clarinettes for the win! 8D

(And the buttshoves are part of a clarinet tradition at our school. We get the best pow-wows out of all the instruments.)
Yeah go clarinets :D

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarefulWetPaint View Post
Welcome to the club Evanlyn! Happy to have you join our little family of musicians!

Clarinets are a pretty cool instrument, how long have you been playing that? Did you give up on the piano? If so why??
Thanks!
They sure are! I've been playing for around 5 years now, and I did give up piano because at the time I couldn't be bothered learning more than one instrument.
I can still play some simpl-ish tunes on the piano.
I'm going to do a Grade 4 music exam (for clarinet) at the beginning of next month, and I reckon I have a chance of passing.

Last edited by Evanlyn; May 12th, 2012 at 07:10 PM. Reason: Accidentally double posted :/
Old May 14th, 2012, 10:54 PM
Eпvy
Winds ღ

Nature: Lonely
Username: Envy
Instrument(s) played: Bassoon, Tenor Saxophone (learning now), Piano (for college), and I have some experience with Trumpet and Clarinet.
Are you willing to collaborate with other members: Never done that before...

What was the first instrument you started playing, how old were you, and how did you get interested in playing that instrument?
My first instrument was the trumpet. I started it in the 6th grade when I was 11. I played it because my cousin played it, pretty much. Wasn't really thinking for myself there. lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by droomph View Post
Spoiler:

This piece of crap.
Excuse me?
Old May 15th, 2012, 03:22 AM
CarefulWetPaint
I burn. Come at me, you'll see

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to CarefulWetPaint
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evanlyn View Post
Yeah go clarinets :D

Thanks!
They sure are! I've been playing for around 5 years now, and I did give up piano because at the time I couldn't be bothered learning more than one instrument.
I can still play some simpl-ish tunes on the piano.
I'm going to do a Grade 4 music exam (for clarinet) at the beginning of next month, and I reckon I have a chance of passing.
5 years is 3 more years than I! Well done! Thats dedication.
Also I dont understand musical grading, could you please explain it to me

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eпvy View Post
Username: Envy
Instrument(s) played: Bassoon, Tenor Saxophone (learning now), Piano (for college), and I have some experience with Trumpet and Clarinet.
Are you willing to collaborate with other members: Never done that before...

What was the first instrument you started playing, how old were you, and how did you get interested in playing that instrument?
My first instrument was the trumpet. I started it in the 6th grade when I was 11. I played it because my cousin played it, pretty much. Wasn't really thinking for myself there. lol

Excuse me?
Welcome Envy. I hope you feel welcome in the club. You play a good amount of instrument. So would you like to play with some members of the members of this group if possible. How long did you play the trumpet for before hand?

You must edit it to meet the limits set by the rules before you may remove the [sig-reason] code from your signature. Removing this tag will re-enable it.

Do not remove the tag until you fix the issues in your signature. You may be infracted for removing this tag if you do not fix the specified issues. Do not use this tag for decoration purposes.
Old May 15th, 2012, 04:15 AM
Evanlyn
What a drag...

Nature: Relaxed
Send a message via Yahoo to Evanlyn
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarefulWetPaint View Post
5 years is 3 more years than I! Well done! Thats dedication.
Also I dont understand musical grading, could you please explain it to me :)
Ok I'll try..
Here in Australia there are 8 grades of music, grade 1 being the easiest, grade 8 being the hardest (there's harder stuff to do after grade 8 but I don't understand it yet)
Grades 1-4 are the preliminary grades
Grades 5-8 are the higher grades.
So Grade 4 is considered a 'middle' grade..
Basically it sets a standard for where one is at with their music.
Sorry if I haven't explained it very well, this is my first exam.
Old May 16th, 2012, 05:05 PM
ivan209
Beginning Trainer

Username: ivan209
Instrument(s) played: Sing and play piano
Are you willing to collaborate with other members: sure

Hey hope I can join. A little about myself I guess. I'be been singing for about 7-8 years ish (started in choir since about the 4th grade). I'm classically trained, and with that I happen to sing alot of Art Songs and Arias; however I like to sing rock and pop alot. I'm a Baritone/Baritenor. I've only been playing piano for about a year and a half now. I'm also studding music ed for voice right now.
Old May 17th, 2012, 10:43 PM
Kurui
Kageroza's Waifu

Nature: Calm
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Kurui Send a message via Skype™ to Kurui
Username: Kurui
Instrument(s) played: My voice (singer~)
Are you willing to collaborate with other members: Yes, please!

I used to be first chair clarinet in my high school, but I had to drop out due to an accidental medication overdose that near put me in a coma. >_<;; So I missed a lot of meets and had to be taken out. I still LOVE to sing, though, and would LOVE to collab with someone on their originals or covers as the singer. I'm very sick though so my voice fails now, and it takes me time to do covers, but I still would like to be considered. <3

I'm most comfortable singing Rock, Pop, Rap/Horrocore, and Operatic Vocal. But i will try anything. I can sing in English, Japanese, Latin, and German. I can learn other language pronunciations with time and guidance. XD

Samples:

A short Sample of a Cute J-pop cover.
http://www.esnips.com/displayimage.php?pid=33043225

WIP Samples of an original rock piece in Japanese.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EKG7zNL4Y_w

WIP sample of original song with me focusing on harmony finding and 'lamenting' backing vocals.
http://www.esnips.com/displayimage.php?pid=21195582

My short english rendition of Flower of Hell. I did the backing voices too.
http://www.esnips.com/displayimage.php?pid=21195577

Rap Cover from one of my fav horrorcore songs.
http://soundcloud.com/kurui/rap-vocal-test
"Yor barmy...."
"o.o What's that?"

"Tha' means yor nu's, yor froo' loops, yor BANANAS!"

R.I.P. KAGEROZA. </3 T_T
I am Shi-Orihime Inaba on FailFacebook.

Old May 18th, 2012, 01:26 AM
CarefulWetPaint

Welcome Ivan!
You can definitely join! More piano players yay! And a singer Its pretty cool that you are studying music as a vocalist!

Welcome Kurui.
Just a singer. Thats fantastic, especially since you want to collab so much and have the perfect voice for something Ozzy and I have planned
Also those samples were fantastic, I'm very happy that someones actually posted something of what they can do! Yays!

You must edit it to meet the limits set by the rules before you may remove the [sig-reason] code from your signature. Removing this tag will re-enable it.

Do not remove the tag until you fix the issues in your signature. You may be infracted for removing this tag if you do not fix the specified issues. Do not use this tag for decoration purposes.
Old May 18th, 2012, 01:58 AM
Major Ziggs
This'll be a blast!

Nature: Quirky
About time I joined this! I've been talking with CWP about this for weeks on IRC, so here we go!

Username: AlexOzzyCake
Instrument(s) played: Guitar & Piano; mostly guitar. :3
Are you willing to collaborate with other members: Most definitely!

Okay so I'm so hyped about our project! For those of you that don't know, me and CWP have been putting together a project for a Musician's Corner cover of God Knows (shown below) and we've been practicing hard! And Kurui, your voice fits it perfectly so make sure you join us! ;D Apparently we're getting a bassist already (?) so we need drums; c'mon out you drummers and join us! <3

Old May 18th, 2012, 02:02 AM
CarefulWetPaint

About freaking time OZZY!! Welcome.

But yes everyone, Ozzy and I are collaborating on this song, and we are still actually looking for a bassist, first in first served!! Kurui I think your voice would fit it the best so I hope youre in as well!
We also need a drummer. Whose in? Either post here or VM/PM one of us if interested.

Old May 18th, 2012, 08:15 AM
Kurui
Kageroza's Waifu

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Kurui Send a message via Skype™ to Kurui
YAY certainly. *listens to try and learn it* I hope we have a mixer guy/girl because I fail at mixing, though. I have a very high quality microphone though so they won't have to worry about recording quality from me (I invested in a Blue Yeti USB Condenser Mic ).
"Yor barmy...."
"o.o What's that?"

R.I.P. KAGEROZA. </3 T_T

Old May 18th, 2012, 06:16 PM
NP
Phoenix

Nature: Brave
Username: NP
Instrument(s) played: Well....I played violin in elementary school. (I kind of started on viola but switched.) In middle school I started to play the trumpet and french horn. And in high school I learned euphonium, mallets, and some percussion. I also play guitar and it's my goal to learn a little bass this summer.....And piano, 'course. I've also done some soundboard work too.
Are you willing to collaborate with other members: Sure.

I played in the very small ensemble of string players of my elementary school, and in band ( for middle school and high school, and I was in a metal band my... sophomore year I think. In band I played brass and percussion, and in the metal band I played guitar and helped with various shiz. I just graduated, so I don't play in high school band anymore, but I might join college band. The metal band broke up.

(And I've been doing plenty of random small ensemble/solo work for a variety of events throughout high school.)

Last edited by NP; May 18th, 2012 at 06:33 PM.
Old May 18th, 2012, 08:39 PM
Renyui!
mesc

Nature: Hasty
Guys, I totally got drums down. I just bought some new mics for my kit. S'all good.
Old May 18th, 2012, 09:41 PM
marz
ô.o

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renyui! View Post
Guys, I totally got drums down. I just bought some new mics for my kit. S'all good.
Sick! What mics have you got and where do you place them?
Old May 19th, 2012, 01:50 AM
Kurui
Kageroza's Waifu

More randomness from me :D

http://www.esnips.com/displayimage.php?pid=21195579
Short cover of 'Give a Reason' from The Slayers (one of my fav anime). I love this song way too much. XD Sorry for the random beeps. I had a fire alarm thingy that was low on batteries when i recorded it.

http://www.esnips.com/displayimage.php?pid=21195588
A request gift for a cutesy version of this song. I was really sick singing it. AND you can tell haha.

http://www.esnips.com/displayimage.php?pid=21195593
A song I cant sing cause its too powerful and I was too sick at the time to sing anymore than this much of it on that day. It sounds horrible but I love this song.

http://www.esnips.com/displayimage.php?pid=33015260
Random messing around that started off good and got worse because yeah lol

http://www.esnips.com/displayimage.php?pid=34085310
;;; This was something someone dared me to do. But it has singing in it if you listen for a bit. Sorry for the randomness in it ;;; You can hear my soft voice better because its a capella. (I have no clue how to sing that song, gais, so sorry if its really bad/wrong).

http://www.esnips.com/displayimage.php?pid=34085296
Very short thing....I don't know this song either and I stumble over words, and then my breathing started getting bad by the end so it all fell apart. But I get an A for effort. Or would that be an E ........
"Yor barmy...."
"o.o What's that?"

R.I.P. KAGEROZA. </3 T_T

Old May 19th, 2012, 01:51 AM
CarefulWetPaint

Welcome to the club NP!
That is a large array of band work you have done, you must be very talented xD

Quote:
... Does this mean youll play the drums for us in that song..??????? Please be yessss!!@!

Old May 19th, 2012, 01:52 AM
Major Ziggs
This'll be a blast!

Nature: Quirky
Quote:
As in you're gonna drum on the project?? :D

Kurui those are amazing! You're seriously talented!

I'll upload some of my covers soon, just as soon as I get time to record them c:
Old May 19th, 2012, 12:21 PM
Kurui
Kageroza's Waifu

Testing testing 1, 2, 3~

http://www.esnips.com/displayimage.php?pid=34097464

I have no clue how to sing this but heres my first try at learning the verse 1. ;; Hopefully it somewhat resembles the right tune? Probably not I need to learn the words by heart so I don't stumble over them trying to read them while singing (cause thats *obviously....* what I was doing heheh......).

I'll try to do the actual record on a day I don't feel so sick so my breathing won't sound so wonky like it does in this test run XD

That chorus is really fast. I'm trying to learn the rhythm of it right now, then basically I'll have the whole song down rhythm wise.
"Yor barmy...."
"o.o What's that?"

R.I.P. KAGEROZA. </3 T_T

Old May 20th, 2012, 01:48 AM
CarefulWetPaint

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurui View Post
Testing testing 1, 2, 3~

http://www.esnips.com/displayimage.php?pid=34097464

I have no clue how to sing this but heres my first try at learning the verse 1. ;; Hopefully it somewhat resembles the right tune? Probably not I need to learn the words by heart so I don't stumble over them trying to read them while singing (cause thats *obviously....* what I was doing heheh......).

I'll try to do the actual record on a day I don't feel so sick so my breathing won't sound so wonky like it does in this test run XD

That chorus is really fast. I'm trying to learn the rhythm of it right now, then basically I'll have the whole song down rhythm wise.

That is fantastic Kurui! I am so happy you agreed to help us with this project. Now I need to learn the song as well as you so I don't ruin your amazing attempt!

Old May 20th, 2012, 02:06 AM
Renyui!
mesc

Nature: Hasty
I have like a bass drum mic, a toms mic, and a snare drum mic. I might be investing in more later though, I really wanna get a fuller tone.

And yeah, I will drum for the track! It sounds pretty sweet, I'll give you that ^-^
Old May 20th, 2012, 06:50 AM
Zayphora
Don't mess with the lights...

Nature: Sassy
Username- Zayphora
Instruments- I play clarinet, piano, and am working on saxophone.
Collaborate- No thanx.

At my school, people tend to ignore the clarinets, and we aren't allowed in Jazz Band, which is the main way to get noticed in band. So, my friends and I have a thing about clarinet ignoring-
DON'T UNDERESTIMATE THE AWESOMENESS!!!
It's, like, our clarinet motto. We (or at least I) wrote it on our clarinet cases.
Old May 20th, 2012, 07:09 AM
Kroso
Feels like a failure

Nature: Gentle
Username: Kroso
Instrument(s) played: Trombone(Still learning), Guitar(Still learning), and Bassist(Still learning)
Are you willing to collaborate with other members: Why not? Do keep in mind that I'm slowly progressing on these three instruments, but with little effort I can accomplish something.
Old May 20th, 2012, 04:40 PM
CarefulWetPaint

YAY!! WE HAVE A DRUMMER! YEWW!
Now all we need is a bassist.. If interested just post here or vm me

Welcome Zayphora.
Oh thats just stupid, why arent clarinets allowed? I don't think thats very fair at all! You should protest about it.

Welcome to you as well Kroso!
How long have you been playing all those instruments for? I'm sure the more you practice the more progress you'll make and you'll be a fantastic player in no time! Always practice practice practice!

Old May 20th, 2012, 09:36 PM
NP
Phoenix

Nature: Brave
Zayphora: Whatttt? At my old school, clarinets were the shiz. I mean, sure the trumpets ruled the band, but everyone liked the clarinets better. Are you working on sax to be in jazz or something?

CWP: Clarinets aren't allowed in most high school jazz bands because they're not traditionally jazz instruments.
Old May 20th, 2012, 09:49 PM
Kurui
Kageroza's Waifu

I decided I'm posting my UTAU stuff in here too. Its technically music making. Just with voices as instruments instead of digital instruments. C:

I have only 3 UTAU of my voice, but I don't use them frequently. I rather use my friends. Unfortunately not all of them have good mics or some reason their files get corrupted meaning I have to just use like 10 of their syllables to makeshift words. Either way it is FUN!

~~**~~

I didn't make all of these USTs, but I did extensively edit them, some to the point that they might as well be mine XD;;.

Hana Bob & Hana Futashi
Spoiler:

Voiced by my brothers, they usually duet songs and are kind of like boyband superstars in that regard~. Futashi's voice is more suited for pop songs with higher pitches and fancy pantsy stuff. He typically sings lead in songs. Bob has a more nasally voice, and much deeper and gravelly. He is suited better for some rocking songs when he solos, but he makes great back up to his brother.

Their recordings are pretty high quality as they use my mic.

Hana Bob sings 'Yuragi': http://www.esnips.com/displayimage.php?pid=34025785

Hana Futashi sings 'Clingy Boy': http://www.esnips.com/displayimage.php?pid=34068657

Both duet on the pop hit 'Loveless'. Futashi on lead with Bob on back up. This UST was edited by Mr. Dark. I had no participation in making this one:
http://www.esnips.com/displayimage.php?pid=34026119

Ichijo Tetsunori
Spoiler:

His voice bank only has like 20 syllables because it corrupted on my UTAU along with a lot of other ones >_< and he was an unfortunate victim. He is voiced by my husbando, Kageroza-kun. And I can't seem to get Kageroza-kun to do a re-record. His voice is still sexy even with the horrible mic quality and poor bank. I make him sing all kinds of stuf, but my favourite thing to do is to make him duet with Kitty-chan's UTAU as their voices are eargasm together. XD Not that he can't make me eargasm all by himself =//=. Also he sounds more authentic Japanese because well, duh.

A blend of different songs by him. Just me fooling around with bends and all that with him: http://www.esnips.com/displayimage.php?pid=33754092

Tetsunori singing the chorus to 'Chou', but I was having trouble making it o.o: http://www.esnips.com/displayimage.php?pid=33753037

If you knew my husband, you'd know that he has a number of phrases he most uses XD especially online where he is even more withdrawn than irl. "I see" (kinda like, oh really? that type of I see) is one of those phrases. So I took one of my fav choruses from one of my fav songs and make him "Sou ka" the entire thing. But I otoed it crappy and the K didnt come out right.....but yeah, xD He didn't talk to me for like a day after .......:
http://www.esnips.com/displayimage.php?pid=33747004

And this was the epic "AHHHH!" beginning to Cendrillon, because Ilove his Ah's and I wanted to make him sing the girly Ah part XD: http://www.esnips.com/displayimage.php?pid=33746958
My pitch bends are a little bad, sorry. ;;

Matsuki Hiro
Spoiler:

This is my favourite UTAU to work with. :D I love this voice so much but some of their bank was also corrupted ;;........Not many though so they mostly have a full bank. It was voiced by Emozomi-chan (female), but the UTAU's real gender remains a mystery. Still I love this voice. It gives me heartwarming tingles when I hear Hiro sing. XD I would marry his/her voice if that's possible. Before anyone asks, NO her voice was not gender bent. She has that deep of voice naturally.

Hiro badazzedly singing 'Funeral Nocturnal Luminescence': http://www.esnips.com/displayimage.php?pid=33758134

Hiro showing a softer side of singing 'Beast Soul'. http://www.esnips.com/displayimage.php?pid=33757241

It's time to du-du-duel. XD I found this ust and edited it slightly to fit. Hiro showing Duel Monster spirit singing 'Kawaita Sakebi': http://www.esnips.com/displayimage.php?pid=33756911

Shinogati Reina
Spoiler:

Our resident Neko-UTAU! She's a gentle cat girl with a high pitched, small voice to match. She also apparently can't say Japanese "r's" XD But we love you Kitty-chan! She is voiced by Kitty-chan (Christina). Her mic quality was one of the more horrible, but her bank is completely uncorrupted~ YAY. Her voice is the perfect pair to Tetsunori's. I'm making them do a few duets with custom harmonies~ >//<

Reina sings 'Aozora'. I did not make the UST, just edited: http://www.esnips.com/displayimage.php?pid=33756908

Vexy
Spoiler:

Newcomer, whos bank was one of the most corrupted ever, although not as much as Tetsunori's or Dahlia's. However, his syllables can match most songs actual words, as you'll hear. :D He's voiced by dear old Vexen. And his voice is as sexy as evar. He's probably my second favourite UTAU to work with, beaten only by Hiro.

Here he is singing 'Sakurane' which most of our UTAU have sang because we had a contest. He won with his version, almost full kill :D: http://www.esnips.com/displayimage.php?pid=33908169
Note: This song was not mixed. Since we did it just for contest purposes, but I'll have a mixed version soon.

And this is a short sample of 'Blue Bird'. I made the UST myself. I also tried mixing.: http://www.esnips.com/displayimage.php?pid=33922366

And this is a short sample of my fav song by him. 'If You're Not Here' (I think is the title). I did not make the UST but I edited heavy. : http://www.esnips.com/displayimage.php?pid=33967412
Note: Thank you, Kitty-chan for nominating this song for him to sing!
The harmonies are sex in my ears. Vexy can REALLY sing. Really.......

Dahlia
Spoiler:

The worst victim of the corruption. Poor Dahlia barely has any syllables, but he wanted so bad to participate in the contest so I edited a portion of the song full of his very few syllable bank ;;; He has a full song coming out that has syllables more to what ones didn't corrupt. Also, no resamplers work on him. I'm not sure what the problem is...... Dahlia is voiced by Marly. Sadly, he doesn't have many fans. I hope his full song helps that change because he sounds so beautiful singing it.

Marly sings a sample of 'Sakurane': http://www.esnips.com/displayimage.php?pid=33957878

ZuZu
Spoiler:

One of my UTAU. I made her more attuned for english/clear engrish. She has a very distinct voice to match her character. As of right now she can sing in Japanese, Engrish, and a good bit English.

Zuzu's Engrish 'Firework' cover (Yes, the Katy Perry song). Made by Nuku and Mr. Dark: http://www.esnips.com/displayimage.php?pid=34024827

PONPONPON!!!!: http://www.esnips.com/displayimage.php?pid=34024904

A request cover. I don't know where they found the ust......I think the song is called 'Stella Marine': http://www.esnips.com/displayimage.php?pid=33754228

Manai Yokoshima
Spoiler:

Our most popular UTAU~ This is Manai Yokoshima. He is voiced by Mr. Dark who is the guy who got us all into UTAU to begin with. He was our first ever UTAU in Sumitsuki. His voice is very unique ;;; but very full of emotion somehow. People have stated that they could be "moved to tears" in the emotional songs he sings, which is what he prefers. I think he sounds similar to a Slig from Oddworld XD (but I love you Mr D).

This is my most proud work. I studied many UST and the song to make this. There was a very vital point where we thought Mr. D has committed suicide and this is the very song I wanted him to sing. I slaved on the UST for some days. So yeah this is the pride of my UTAU work on this one song right here. 'Uninstall'.: http://www.esnips.com/displayimage.php?pid=34026203

His first song really ever released, 'Hidoor Utopia' and with it he scored the heart of Jei-chan XD Who is now his girlfriend: http://www.esnips.com/displayimage.php?pid=34026041

There are many more UTAU ......but I save them for a nother post. So many ;___;. We are also mostly males (Girls hate me I swear XD ). But next you'll meet more of the UTAU cast. I'm going to leave you with some duets, etc.

DUETS
Spoiler:

Vexy and Dahlia get their groove on in the small intro of 'Insanity': http://www.esnips.com/displayimage.php?pid=33954420

Reina and Tetsunori are 'Hurting for a very Hurtful Pain' in this WIP duet: http://www.esnips.com/displayimage.php?pid=33750930

And now Reina and Tetsunori are begging for your love in this small harmonies test~: http://www.esnips.com/displayimage.php?pid=33750004

Yaoi lovers rejoice. Tetsunori and Yokoshima make your heartrate rise in their sinful lust-driven song 'Magnet': http://www.esnips.com/displayimage.php?pid=33754166
Mr. D you make me jealous being all yaoi with my husbando T_T

And that is it for my UTAU tour! Part 1 anyway. You'll meet Jei-chan and the Futashi/Bob Twin's mother and more on the next round.
"Yor barmy...."
"o.o What's that?"

R.I.P. KAGEROZA. </3 T_T

Old May 21st, 2012, 02:08 AM
DarkAlucard
Music makes me free! ♫

Nature: Timid
Join me please!!!

Username: DarkAlucard
Instrument(s) played: Guitar & Bass. A few knowledge on Piano ans singing.
Are you willing to collaborate with other members: Of course, what's the point of playing music, if you don't do it with others?

Have you played in a band/ensemble before? Yes, right now I'm in a rock band with three of my friends. We're the guys on mi sign.
Are you still playing with them? Yeah lmlr
How long have you been playing with them and what instrument do you play with them? Like seven months. I'm playing the bass and do chorus/second voices.
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links