The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Entertainment & Hobbies > Fan Clubs & Groups

Notices

Fan Clubs & Groups Fan Clubs & Groups are places to go to find like-minded members and talk about similar interests. Join or create a club here if it doesn't fit in any of the other sections.
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Advertise here

Old June 19th, 2012, 02:33 PM
Squirrel
This'll be a blast!
Community Supporter

Nature: Quirky

Advertise here
Who influenced you the most into playing music?
Matt Bellamy. After watching him play Plug In Baby... Just wow. He was my idol; I wanted to be exactly like him. So I borrowed my friend's old guitar and started to play it, and obviously I couldn't play anything remotely good at the time, but it was so much fun to play around with it. So later I bought my first guitar and started learning some basic tunes and then started to get lessons too, with my guitar teacher being the most incredible teacher you could imagine. Honestly I don't think I'd have played this long without his encouragement and guidance; he really made the whole thing feel worth-while and achievable. Ironically I didn't learn Plug In Baby till like a year after first playing guitar though x]

So yeah, a mixture of Matt Bellamy (from Muse) and my guitar teacher c:
Old June 19th, 2012, 05:52 PM
Kroso
Feels like a failure
Community Supporter Tier 5

Nature: Gentle

I always loved music, so naturally I always wanted to learn how to specific songs. However, specific artists inspire me in certain aspects. Alexi Lahio inspires me to play quicker, even though I have issues with my fingers sometimes. Benjamin Burnely inspires me with a light picking yet heavy style, while their bassist Mark inspires me with his unique smooth style.
Old June 19th, 2012, 06:15 PM
Algo Fonix
oh god

Nature: Relaxed
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarefulWetPaint View Post
Welcome! Wow. Thats a LONG time you must be a fantastic player! I'd love to hear some of your playing, Im sure its incredible. I dont know any of the bassists off the top of my head though :S Do you play with anyone or just a bedroom player? xD
Thanks!

I played in a band... for a couple years. It went nowhere and basically was just a loooot of stress. D:

Nowadays though, I just play for fun. I'll sometimes go to a friend's house and we'll do some jamming, but nothing major. I wouldn't say I'm that good, but I'm ok if I'm not totally out of practice. I'll hopefully... record something soon-ish :O
Old June 20th, 2012, 03:41 AM
Cosmotone8
silhouette of the past

Location: Boston, MA, USA, Earth, Sun Solar System, Milky Way Galaxy, Universe
Nature: Careful
Well, I guess if it was who influenced me into playing it then it would be my parents. They made me do an instrument when I was in 4th grade. But after that, I just started listening to more music, getting more into it. Before I knew it, I was composing stuff, etc.

Oh, and btw, I will be able to start learning piano because there is a teacher moving into a house down our street. :D
But the more I try to move on, the more I feel alone
So I watch the summer stars to lead me home.

Old June 21st, 2012, 01:47 AM
Evanlyn
Kidneys! I've got new kidneys!

Well, my Grandfather (cause he was a music teacher) started me out on Piano. And Mum and Dad also encouraged me a bit. Then, when my Grandfather had to close his music shop, he gave me my first ever clarinet.
Then it was basically just me for a few years - till I got my ex-music teacher 2 years ago, he's moved away now, but he was a great influence :D
Old June 22nd, 2012, 05:34 PM
Kroso
Feels like a failure

Spoiler:

What do you guys think of the current wooden guitar?
It's based off a fender by the way.
Old June 22nd, 2012, 05:36 PM
Cosmotone8
silhouette of the past

Awesome. Saw it in the pictures of you thread already anyway, cuz I'm a stalker like that. I wish I was able to do that.

Old June 22nd, 2012, 05:40 PM
CarefulWetPaint
Time to Say Goodbye
Community Supporter

Oh thats so cool man! Where did you learn to make guitars!? Is there any other progress pictures? What wood are you making it out of?
Does anyone else here make their own instruments?!
Old June 22nd, 2012, 05:45 PM
Cosmotone8
silhouette of the past

I make pianos :P What I want to know is whether you do it all yourself. Like, do you add ALL the stuff on it? Or do you get help from someone?

Old June 22nd, 2012, 06:29 PM
Kroso
Feels like a failure

My father is the one who cuts the wood, because I could easily hurt myself.
Also, we didn't use a tutorial or anything we just use a Fender telecaster as a base for the guitar.
It took just six days to get where you see in that picture, we just need some parts and then we're finished with it.
Old June 24th, 2012, 07:08 PM
CarefulWetPaint
Time to Say Goodbye
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kroso View Post
My father is the one who cuts the wood, because I could easily hurt myself.
Also, we didn't use a tutorial or anything we just use a Fender telecaster as a base for the guitar.
It took just six days to get where you see in that picture, we just need some parts and then we're finished with it.
That is still really cool, where did he learn to do it? What kind of wood are you using for the body and the neck, as you know different woods hold different tones and sounds.
Any ideas on what pickups and pots your going to use? This is such a cool thing youre doing!

I wonder if anyone else in the club has tried something like this before, or at least helped on a project like this before.

Speaking of project, hows everyones parts for God Knows going? I've basically got my part done so just need everyone elses so I can put it together and give it to Kurui.
Old June 25th, 2012, 02:43 AM
Kroso
Feels like a failure

@CarefulWetPaint, at the moment we're using about the same kind of wood for both the neck and the body.
However, we haven't worked on it for three days already mainly due to some issues.
I was thinking of showing off some of the gear that I have later, because I was thinking of what you fellows think of them. Oh and by gear I mean guitar, amps, and bass.
Sorry if it's blurry.

Last edited by Kroso; June 29th, 2012 at 02:13 PM.
Old June 25th, 2012, 03:08 AM
Manganum
Your local sine wave

Nature: Calm
Just what I was looking for!
Username: Manganum
Instruments played: Electric + Acoustic guitar, Bass, Keys, Vocals, Studio recording (Pro Tools, Reason, Ableton)
Are you willing to collaborate with other members: Not currently.

On a note of discussion, has anyone dabbled in using Ableton in a live band environment? I've been meaning to, but I'm having trouble thinking of a way to sync the live drums up with Ableton's BPM. I guess using a click track through each member's in-ear monitors would work, but it's really a horrible, painful noise and there's got to be a better way. Anyone got any ideas?
Old June 25th, 2012, 10:53 PM
Evanlyn

A user bar - it took less time than I expected it would! XD It was good fun making it... and I might make another one, I don't know. If I make another I'll make a better one.

HTML Code:
[URL=http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=279418][IMG]http://img209.imageshack.us/img209/3961/userbamcpe2.png[/IMG][/URL]

Last edited by Evanlyn; June 25th, 2012 at 11:03 PM.
Old June 25th, 2012, 10:57 PM
CarefulWetPaint
Time to Say Goodbye
Community Supporter

Thats awesome Evan! just one problem.. you spelt musicians' wrong

Welcome Mangan!
If memory serves me right there is one or two people in the club that have experience with Ableton Live so hopefully they'll be able to help you out. I would commend any person in the club who did help out Mangan as well, so if you can please do.
Old June 25th, 2012, 11:01 PM
Evanlyn

*looks back*
Why yes, yes I did, oops! hehe. I'll fix it up now.
Old June 29th, 2012, 12:34 AM
CarefulWetPaint
Time to Say Goodbye
Community Supporter

Thanks heaps for doing it Evan, it looks great!

How would some of you people feel about remixing a track and then playing the parts on your favourite instrument? Like Synth with a Clarinet or something insane like that? Would anyone be interested in doing something like this?

EDIT
I didnt even notice that guitar picture there Korso! Thats an ibanez yes? Do you have the model/ know what the model is. Is it in as good as condition as it looks in the picture? Thats definitely a massive steal for $75 dollars! So jealous atm!

Last edited by CarefulWetPaint; July 4th, 2012 at 10:10 PM.
Old July 8th, 2012, 04:36 AM
Kroso
Feels like a failure

Quote:
Thanks heaps for doing it Evan, it looks great!

How would some of you people feel about remixing a track and then playing the parts on your favourite instrument? Like Synth with a Clarinet or something insane like that? Would anyone be interested in doing something like this?

EDIT
I didnt even notice that guitar picture there Korso! Thats an ibanez yes? Do you have the model/ know what the model is. Is it in as good as condition as it looks in the picture? Thats definitely a massive steal for $75 dollars! So jealous atm!
It's a Ibanez Gio Mikro GRGM21, I think. But, that's only one guitar when my family owns three. Also, I'm getting a usb for guitar and bass for amp modeling software this week.
Extra picture for you guys
Spoiler:
Feel totally jealous guys, cause I've plans to make that bad boy batman themed.
Old July 9th, 2012, 03:51 AM
Kanto_Johto
Never glimpse the truth

Nature: Bold
Username: Kanto_Johto
Instrument(s) played: Saxophone, Piano, Guitar, Bass, Vocals, Studio Recording (mini home studio)
Are you willing to collaborate with other members: Possibly

I've listed Sax first since it's the first instrument I learnt to play properly and I have my grade 8 exam on Wednesday, so it's something of a main instrument. Currently I'm really committing myself to learning jazz and pop piano.

I've really gotten into studio recording as of recent too. Low budget equipment FTW!*

*I say low budget, I've probably spent upwards of £600 on equipment...
Old July 10th, 2012, 05:07 AM
Controversial?
should probably stop now

Nature: Naughty
Low budget my arse, I can't afford like anything studio-wise.

Eh, do you guys think I should pick guitar or vocals as my second instrument to like perfect? I'll still play the other oen a lot but idk which should be more important...XD
Old July 10th, 2012, 08:07 PM
CarefulWetPaint
Time to Say Goodbye
Community Supporter

Welcome Kanto!
Low budget Thats more then my guitars :'(. Im sure you can some nice crisp recordings out of that, especially for a home studio thats awesome! You should post some of the work you do for us to listen to . Maybe some jazz work on your Sax? That'd be pretty cool. Grade 8 means youre pretty good doesnt it?

Contro I think it'd be much easier for you to learn the guitar better but if you want a challenge definitely go for vocals. In my mind being able to sing gives you a much better chance of getting places, especially if you can play 4 chords on the acoustic while singing (lol).
Old July 10th, 2012, 08:30 PM
ShinyUmbreon189
F U C K PC! WAY TOO STRICT!

Send a message via AIM to ShinyUmbreon189
I can't believe this is the first time I seen this club. I would of joined a long time ago if I knew about it. Anywho, I play guitar and like to freestyle rap.
Old July 11th, 2012, 07:42 AM
Kanto_Johto
Never glimpse the truth

Nature: Bold
Quote:
Welcome Kanto!
Low budget Thats more then my guitars :'(. Im sure you can some nice crisp recordings out of that, especially for a home studio thats awesome! You should post some of the work you do for us to listen to . Maybe some jazz work on your Sax? That'd be pretty cool. Grade 8 means youre pretty good doesnt it?
I'm actually in the middle of recording a cover of Norwegian Wood by The Beatles. As soon as I've finished a rough mix I'd be happy for you guys to give it a listen and tell me what you think . I may well record some jazz too, possibly something like Yardbird Suite by Charlie Parker.

My guitars (Fender Strat and Crafter Acoustic) cost around £820 altogether but they produce a great sound, especially the acoustic. What guitars do you have?

And yeah, did my grade 8 today. My technicality and tone are pretty good, but I sometimes trip up on slower, more expressive pieces because the breathing patterns required are extremely difficult (at grade 8 standard). And I'm a non-smoker, aha.

Last edited by Kanto_Johto; July 11th, 2012 at 08:06 AM.
Old July 11th, 2012, 08:13 PM
CarefulWetPaint
Time to Say Goodbye
Community Supporter

Welcome to the club shiny! Oh a rapper that's cool do you produce your own beats to rap over?

Oh that sound fantastic kanto I look forward to hearing it! I don't under what you mean by being a non smoker though?
Old July 11th, 2012, 08:24 PM
ShinyUmbreon189
F U C K PC! WAY TOO STRICT!

Send a message via AIM to ShinyUmbreon189
@CarefulWetPaint, I would produce my own rap beats but I don't have the money to get the program needed for it. So my friend helps with that. Just curious, am I the only rapper that joined this club? Ive only been rapping for about 6 months but got 4 years EXP on guitar.
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

Advertise here