The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Gaming > Fifth Generation

Notices

Fifth Generation Are Pokémon slaves to humans? Team Plasma thinks so. Travel the Unova region and prove them wrong in Black & White, and then return two years later in Black2 & White2.

View Poll Results: Black Kyurem or White Kyurem?
Black Kyurem 44 45.83%
White Kyurem 52 54.17%
Voters: 96. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old May 9th, 2012, 12:29 PM
Rayquaza.
Lead Dev in Pokémon Chaos

Nature: Adamant
I just want to see who prefers which Kyurem form. So all take a vote to see which Kyurem form the majority of users like.

If you don't know what any of the forms look like, here is a reminder:

Black Kyurem:
Spoiler:

White Kyurem:
Spoiler:
Old May 10th, 2012, 12:43 AM
Satoshi Ookami
Memento Mori
Community Supporter

Nature: Calm
I go for White Kyurem.
I've liked Reshiram more from the start and since White Kyurem is practically fusion of Kyurem and Reshiram, I favor White one.

Anime List | PSN Trophy List
Old May 10th, 2012, 01:00 AM
voltianqueen
WITH SEAWATER

Nature: Relaxed
I like Reshiram better than Zekrom, but I like the Black Kyurem more. I think that he looks cooler, and I like the colors better.
Old May 10th, 2012, 01:23 AM
Zapperz
colour swapper!

Nature: Jolly
Black Kyurem!!

I like Zekrom and Black Kyurem just looks more better than the other one in my eyes
Old May 10th, 2012, 12:02 PM
Lost Lore
From the Shadows

Nature: Sassy
White Kyurem. I've always liked Reshiram better design-wise (and type wise), despite liking the black/blue theme that Zekrom has going on, so it's no contest really XD

That being said I might be biased considering Fire is one of my favourite types... >>

Regions cleared: Johto | Hoenn | Sinnoh | Unova | (More? Let's finish these first~)
~*~*~

~*~*~
Icon credits.
Old May 10th, 2012, 04:53 PM
PlatinumDude
Nyeh?
Community Supporter

Nature: Hasty
Send a message via Yahoo to PlatinumDude Send a message via Skype™ to PlatinumDude
I like White Kyurem because it looks like Reshiram, and I do prefer Reshiram over Zekrom.

Old May 11th, 2012, 12:56 PM
Zayphora
Don't mess with the lights...

Nature: Sassy
Black Kyurem. It still has its wings, and looks intimidating. White Kyurem looks kind of....PINK>.>

Last edited by Zayphora; May 13th, 2012 at 02:31 PM.
Old May 12th, 2012, 04:02 AM
WasSollDas
Fighting / Psychic ROOLZ!

I'll go for black Kyurem, although I was half-persuading myself to pick white Kyurem just because I'm starting to like Reshiram over Zekrom lately.

Still, B. Kyurem owns W. Kyurem in design, color, etc IMO.

......What are you staring at?

Last edited by WasSollDas; May 12th, 2012 at 04:03 AM. Reason: Wrote "Kyurem" instead of "Zekrom". Wow.
Old May 12th, 2012, 04:26 AM
Aquarius1997
The Horoscopical Master

Nature: Quirky
IMO white kyurem actually looks better than black kyurem
I think it is because as a kid i was repeatably told to keep a straight posture and to me black kyurem is too hunched over

Without the hunched back black kyurem would actually look better than white kyurem

The Aquarius loves a party. Anytime, anywhere is their motto. It is not unlikely that an Aquarius will consider a wake a good place to meet chicks. Aquarians love to be naked. It is even better if they are naked and crocked. Froot Loops is a very Aquarian cereal. So is Rice Krispies, since it will engage in a friendly chat with the Aquarian as he or she is eating breakfast. Count Chocula is off-limits, however. It belongs to the Scorpios. Aquarians use the phrase "Dude, man..." frequently when describing philosophical concepts. Aquarians have out-of-body experiences on a daily basis. If you are talking to an Aquarian and he or she zones out, consider the conversation hopeless. He or she is talking to the guy three feet away from you. Aquarians are fun because they channel people. Plus, if you tell them to, they will run around naked. Aquarians like astronomy because they've been to all those places. If you want to know what the food is like on Saturn, ask an Aquarius. Aquarians can allow themselves every possible vice on the planet, and don't think twice about it. That is why they piss everyone else off. They are cosmically entitled to do this.
Old May 12th, 2012, 05:26 PM
Squirrel
This'll be a blast!
Community Supporter

Ehh honestly I don't like either, but I do prefer Black Kyurem over White Kyurem. The colour scheme is cooler and it seems to mix the two Pokemon better imo. Plus it looks a heck of a lot stronger :3
Old May 13th, 2012, 06:47 AM
XtinaIsMeLuvinWWE

I feel more loyal to the white one as I prefer Reshiram but in the other one the black and electric blue looks really striking together
Old May 13th, 2012, 06:56 AM
Reshiram Man
Resident Peacekeeper

Nature: Modest
I pick White Kyurem because it is a fusion of Reshiram and Kyurem and for a number of reasons.

1.) Reshiram was better than Zekrom from the start to me.
2.) I like the color flow of White Kyurem than Black Kyurem.
3.) The design is better.
4.) White Kyurem is a better symbol of a legendary to me than the hunched over Black Kyurem.
Old May 13th, 2012, 12:40 PM
ixin
Beginning Trainer

Black Kyurem looks cooler. The blue and black and ice blue work well together IMO.
Old May 13th, 2012, 01:04 PM
pknight96
Massive Unidentified Terrestrial Organism

I prefer Black Kyruem. Zekrom is intimidating and scary. Reshiram is breath-taking and graceful. Black Kyruem is still intimitadting and scary. White Kyruem... I don't even know. It's just...ugly. It lost it's beauty and grace. I don't like it.

Friend Safari Pokemon: Oddish, Swadloon, Quilladin

My Trade Shop: http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=324928

This is my OC, Alima! Please be nice to her!

My RP, A Rising Shadow! http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=326137

OOC Topic: http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=326431
Old May 24th, 2012, 02:50 PM
TheSuccessfulGamer
Beginning Trainer

I think Black Kyurem looks better but I will be getting Pokemon White 2 because I got white. Me and my brother have a habit of getting one each (I got Blue he got red, I got Silver he got Gold... ) But my brother Likes White Kyurem better
We would get the different one this time (So I have White and Black 2 he has Black and White 2) but there might be a feature where you can get more stuff if you have the first one.
Old May 24th, 2012, 05:25 PM
Iceman3317
Kalos Explorer!

Nature: Quiet
I like both of them so I'll end up getting both in one game which I hope is possible,as long as you have both games. But I am gonna have to go with Black Kyreum. I love Zekrom. So ya.
Old May 25th, 2012, 01:58 AM
Kaori
tragedy

Nature: Modest
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Kaori
To be honest I think both forms of Kyurem are equally dull in some way (Black Kyurem's sprite looks like a fusion between Kyurem and Garbodor -- White Kyurem's fire/red rings don't really pop).

Though I don't know, I think White Kyurem appeals to me slightly more, but not by much. So White Kyurem it is.

smile. paired to vrai & karpman & drew
Old May 25th, 2012, 03:57 AM
Zephele
✧ leave it to me!

After getting accustomed to their designs, I'd have to say that I prefer White Kyurem. I don't know why, but the mix of Reshiram's graceful form with Kyurem's more monstrous design just works really well for me. They sort of balance each other out. And I guess I like how the red just stands out among the white, grey and steel blue, whereas Black Kyurem's electric blue highlights are blunted by the icy blue.
Old May 27th, 2012, 03:07 AM
Rayquaza.
Lead Dev in Pokémon Chaos

Nature: Adamant
I honestly found it hard deciding because they both look alot cooler then Reshiram and Zekrom, but I love Zekrom's artwork and so I like Black kyurem. (cause it's black and black is a dominating colour.)

Last edited by Rayquaza.; May 27th, 2012 at 04:51 AM.
Old May 27th, 2012, 08:26 AM
Forever
let it go

Black Kyurem for me. While White's design is okay, Black's just looks... more proportional. XD;
Old May 27th, 2012, 06:17 PM
GoombaGeek
what does this box do

Black Kyurem looks more neato. But it's great to see that the poll is almost exactly even right now - it means that Nintendo possibly put a lot of work into making sure that there wouldn't be much bias when buying the games (or maybe I'm reading too much into this).
Old May 27th, 2012, 06:55 PM
Guy
just a guy

Send a message via Skype™ to Guy
I have to be honest, when Black Kyurem and White Kyurem were revealed, I thought they were both hideous! However, as time passed, I warmed up to them and I'm actually digging the both of them. If I had to choose one of the two based on who I prefer best, it would probably be White Kyurem. To me, the fusion between Reshiram and Kyurem meshed together a lot more naturally. Which I suppose is appropriate given the difference between Reshiram and Zekrom (nature vs. technology).
Old May 31st, 2012, 12:37 PM
The Fallen
Donator Tier 5

Nature: Calm
I honestly think that they both look a bit odd. Considering that black Kyurem and white Kyurem are literally a Pokémon fusion, I have a hard time seeing them as a new Pokémon, so to speak. I'm not really fond of the fact that they've combined them into one.

If I were to pick the least odd looking one, I would pick white Kyurem. The white, red and grey look nice together.
Old May 31st, 2012, 12:43 PM
Hoenn
ロゼリア
Community Supporter

Nature: Relaxed
Send a message via Skype™ to Hoenn
After time I really grew to like these two, Black Kyurem just looks fierecly epic & White Kyurem just looks more.. real hence why my vote goes towards it.

Playtime : 35:03 | Badges : 6 | Pokédex : 69
Old May 31st, 2012, 01:10 PM
amberfunk
Almost master trainer

Nature: Docile
Send a message via Yahoo to amberfunk
I like black kyurem better. Looks way cooler than white kyrem.

Closed Thread
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links