The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Discussions > Pokémon Anime > Episode Discussion

Notices

Episode Discussion Keeping up with the upcoming and currently airing Japanese and English episodes? This is where you can discuss each of the episodes respectively.

Advertise here

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old May 23rd, 2012, 08:34 AM
Satoshi Ookami
Memento Mori
Community Supporter

Nature: Calm

Advertise here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Riptobazooka View Post
Can't wait to see THAT in the FALL on CARTOON NETWORK!
On CN? For real?
I don't even want to hear Homi-chan's english name, not to mention hear her in English o.O And you are actually looking forward to it?

Anime List | PSN Trophy List
Old May 23rd, 2012, 04:59 PM
Akio123
Sadness forever...

Nature: Naughty
Send a message via AIM to Akio123 Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Akio123 Send a message via Yahoo to Akio123 Send a message via Skype™ to Akio123
Quote:
Originally Posted by Piks View Post

Iris story is not pointless since her goal is to become a Dragon Master not to stay at some stupid gym! They can do a whole lot more out side of Opelucid city then going there right now...

The summary Doesn't say anything about Ash losing the battle or Homika not being an official Gym leader. I do believe Homika will give Ash his final 8th Unova region badge.
Right part of her character development involves Drayden >_> Him sort of not appearing kind of takes away of that...it sort of renders elements of her journey pointless...then again part of it is getting Haxorus so I don't know...

I'm not saying he does lose or doesn't lose, what I'm say is the way it's word it makes it sound like he either won't win or it won't be official. I mean with a summary like "The gang goes to Tachiwaki because it's closer" makes it almost sound like "this is just a BW2 teaser, this has no bearing on his badge career."

Edit: According to the summary or the Piplup battle/Meloetta Eppy, I guess it was official...I rescind my comments although I'm a little disappointed. However, with the Unova League being 3 months later, I guess Ash has plenty of time to meet up with Drayden and train so meh I guess.

Last edited by Akio123; May 23rd, 2012 at 05:33 PM.
Old May 23rd, 2012, 06:36 PM
Kenshin5
Wanderer

Nature: Mild
Quote:
Well Drayden hasn't made an full anime appearance in person yet, so i don't know how his personality will be like since he did only appear in Iris flashback to when she was a little kid, but i don't think that can really count as him appearing in the anime in person. Homika does seem like she will have a really cool personality in the anime and it does appear she will give Ash his final 8th Unova gym badge.

People do have a right to their own opinions .... You need to understand that.
I don't see why not, like Akio said he is a part of Iris development, since his Haxorus brought her Excadrill down to earth. Rematch seems in place too me down the road. If Iris wants to be a Dragon master then beating or putting a good fight to Drayden is one step toward her goal.

Thanks I know, which is what I was trying to tell you when you "That is your opinions anyways which are not facts ......." Posters already know this so no need to state what we already know. Ash493 was stated just that an opinion just as you have several times. So you need to understand that he wasn't trying to force his opinion on anyone just cause he doesn't think this is an official match or that Koffing can come out as a victor.

Quote:
Originally Posted by deoxys121 View Post
The major question I'm raising here: If Ash is getting his last badge from Homika, and then going to travel eastern Unova during Best Wishes 2, what happened to the Pokemon League? Knowing Ash, it's not like him to not rush to the Pokemon League after getting his 8th badge. I wonder... could he possibly lose this battle, and then decide to travel to eastern Unova where he can hone his skills before challenging Drayden? Kind of a longshot, but it's the only thing I can think of that seems to make sense. I guess we'll just have to wait and see.
On all accounts we really can't tell at this point. They are right now trying to promote Black and White 2 so we will see where they go with this. League probably right now is in the distant future as Akio said three months later.

Brian - 0089 1621 6313 - White

Old May 24th, 2012, 10:55 AM
Bluerang1
pin pin

Nature: Relaxed
Ash definitely beats Homika. And we will get the dub in the Fall? Hopefully! :D
Old May 24th, 2012, 05:06 PM
Master Trainer Empoleon

Nature: Bold
You people here are SLOW. Ash gets his 8th badge from Homika, he uses 6 pokemon, she uses 3. He doesnt go to Opelucid Gym because it is closed. I speculate that Drayden is an E4 member in B2/W2 or is out doing something.

Old May 24th, 2012, 05:44 PM
Kenshin5
Wanderer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluerang1 View Post
Ash definitely beats Homika. And we will get the dub in the Fall? Hopefully! :D
Could be, again no confirmation... More then likely since BW2 comes out around the rest of the world in the fall.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Master Trainer Empoleon View Post
You people here are SLOW. Ash gets his 8th badge from Homika, he uses 6 pokemon, she uses 3. He doesnt go to Opelucid Gym because it is closed. I speculate that Drayden is an E4 member in B2/W2 or is out doing something.
First off refrain from disrespecting other members for whatever reason you may find them "slow", just keep comments such as that too yourself they are not needed. It's like you are a part of the show staff since you know all these things; really he wins and the gym in Opelucid is closed AMAZING! Even if he was in the Elite Four in BW2 that doesn't mean the Opelucid gym is closed, they can easily plug Iris in if they so wish. Or have her substitute as Gym Leader in the anime.

Old May 24th, 2012, 08:50 PM
dracoflare
Togepi

Um, actually in the recent episode somehting baout the Soryuu(opelucid) gym being closed was mentioned

The Trip to Unova: A flying-saucer, a beast and a mad-scientist.
: PC
The Road to Nowhere: PC|FF.Net|SPPf|

If you want a storyline to your fan game whether it is a ROM Hack or using RPG Maker XP, feel free to contact me!
Old May 25th, 2012, 04:16 AM
Master Trainer Empoleon

Nature: Bold
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenshin5 View Post
Could be, again no confirmation... More then likely since BW2 comes out around the rest of the world in the fall.

First off refrain from disrespecting other members for whatever reason you may find them "slow", just keep comments such as that too yourself they are not needed. It's like you are a part of the show staff since you know all these things; really he wins and the gym in Opelucid is closed AMAZING! Even if he was in the Elite Four in BW2 that doesn't mean the Opelucid gym is closed, they can easily plug Iris in if they so wish. Or have her substitute as Gym Leader in the anime.
You should do some research before you pop off at the mouth like that. It's been confirmed in the episode summary. ;)

Old May 28th, 2012, 12:51 AM
Perrie ✿
11/05/1982 - 13/07/2013
Community Supporter

Nature: Sassy
Turns Homika is the second Gym Leader which makes no sense if Ash is battling her for the 8th Badge? Well, maybe battling her for it. Her badge is the Toxic Badge jsyk.

Serebii confirmed it
Old May 28th, 2012, 01:01 AM
Hikamaru
the hamster
Community Supporter

Nature: Quirky
I also read the scan on Serebii and they mentioned that she has a Garbodor.

Yeah, I was sort of thinking the Opelucid Gym is closed. If so, it would be the first time in anime history that a certain Gym doesn't appear in the anime.

Can't wait to see Homika's English name... might be something cool.

As for the badge... I was sort of thinking Toxic Badge.

If the Opelucid Gym is closed, does this mean Drayden has retired and wants to hand the Gym over to Iris?

paired with awolfsquared and Starry Windy
battle server | tumblr | profile | credit | supporter

Old May 28th, 2012, 02:49 AM
Perrie ✿
11/05/1982 - 13/07/2013
Community Supporter

Nature: Sassy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hikari10 View Post
I also read the scan on Serebii and they mentioned that she has a Garbodor.

Yeah, I was sort of thinking the Opelucid Gym is closed. If so, it would be the first time in anime history that a certain Gym doesn't appear in the anime.

As for the badge... I was sort of thinking Toxic Badge.

If the Opelucid Gym is closed, does this mean Drayden has retired and wants to hand the Gym over to Iris?
I think that Drayden may move to the Elite 4. It's not the first time the last leader would have upgraded. Although the last time that happened Wallace became the champion... I don't think Iris is considered a gym leader in the anime tbh. It would have been hinted at by now or even mentioned.
Old May 28th, 2012, 09:18 PM
Akio123
Sadness forever...

Send a message via AIM to Akio123 Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Akio123 Send a message via Yahoo to Akio123 Send a message via Skype™ to Akio123
Quote:
Originally Posted by dragonomega View Post
Turns Homika is the second Gym Leader which makes no sense if Ash is battling her for the 8th Badge? Well, maybe battling her for it. Her badge is the Toxic Badge jsyk.

Serebii confirmed it
I saw it earlier today.
I know Ash wins; we all have known for a bit. My issue: This is probably going to be super anti-climactic. YES, they can give her stronger Pokemon, we all know that...it's just replacing a Dragon master...for a Poison type leader...just seems so boring. I mean Homika is awesome <3 but like, even if they replaced even Skyla (thousands of fanboys are going to flock to my home and kill me) it would make more sense. I mean we have had as final leaders.
TR (working on Giovanni's behalf)
Claire
Juan
Volkner

Homika just makes this seem...so...blah.
Edit:
http://img843.imageshack.us/img843/1...org3030402.jpg
^Manga scan shows she has a Garboder. Also confirmed of course Ash will be using Pikachu and Leavanny.
(Thanks to lolipiece)

Translation:
Page 1
Narration: Ash wants to get the eighth badge! He challenges the Gym Leader of the Tachiwaki Gym, Homika!
Ash: Let's go, Pikachu!
Homika: Will you be able to defeat me, a Poison type user? Garbodor, DoubleSlap!

Ash: Dodge and use Quick Attack!

Homika: Garbodor, Gunk Shot!

Page 2
Ash: Oh no, Pikachu is poisoned!
Homika: Now, use DoubleSlap!

Homika: Let's finish this with something flashy! Venoshock!

Homika: Wh-What are you doing? Hurry up and attack!

Iris: Garbodor's stopped moving!
Cilan: I get it! When Garbodor used DoubleSlap, it was paralyzed by Pikachu's electricity!

Ash: All right, time to fight back! Electro Ball!

Page 3
Ash: I got the Toxic Badge!
Narration: Ash finally got all his badges. A new journey towards his participation at the Unova League begins!
Again credits to Lolipiece of Serebii.net

Last edited by Akio123; May 28th, 2012 at 09:29 PM.
Old May 28th, 2012, 09:24 PM
Kenshin5
Wanderer

Just out of curiosity do we know if they officially recognize Homika gym? Otherwise it shouldn't matter win, loss, or draw. We could still get a battle with Drayden just delayed. Since as already mentioned we have had delays in the past with Giovanni gym, Norman, Volkner.

For some reason I get the feeling her Koffing is going to sweep a few of Ash pokemon in a surprising fashion. 6 on 3 seems way too easy of a write off for me. If this is indeed the last badge then do it will style.

Old May 28th, 2012, 09:29 PM
Satoshi Ookami
Memento Mori
Community Supporter

Nature: Calm
I gotta agree with dragonomega.
I also think that Drayen will be in E4.
I think it was mentioned somewhere? Maybe I'm mistaken...

Anime List | PSN Trophy List
Old May 28th, 2012, 09:34 PM
Akio123
Sadness forever...

Quote:
Just out of curiosity do we know if they officially recognize Homika gym? Otherwise it shouldn't matter win, loss, or draw. We could still get a battle with Drayden just delayed. Since as already mentioned we have had delays in the past with Giovanni gym, Norman, Volkner.

For some reason I get the feeling her Koffing is going to sweep a few of Ash pokemon in a surprising fashion. 6 on 3 seems way too easy of a write off for me. If this is indeed the last badge then do it will style.
I mean with BW2, it alludes to Giovanni's full return as Big Bad...Ash and him may finally meet...

I mean look at the scan I just posted, Ash has 8 badges now so I mean if it happens Drayden will probably be in the World Tournament Junior cup (or the regular one).

I mean again it comes down to Pikachu and Garboder so.

Edit: Last Page
http://img843.imageshack.us/img843/1...org3030402.jpg

Last edited by Akio123; May 28th, 2012 at 09:59 PM.
Old May 31st, 2012, 12:26 PM
gamerdna223
No influence from the meme!

Nature: Modest
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hikari10 View Post
I've been calling her Mikayla since day 1.

Anyways, a lot more was revealed courtesy of BulbanewsNOW on Twitter and Pokemon Fan magazine. It's confirmed that Ash is using Pikachu, Pignite, Boldore and Leavanny, while Homika is using Koffing, Garbodor, Scolipede, and something else? (please be Ekans/Arbok) Anyways, it seems this will be Ash's first 4 on 4 battle in Unova. Also, he does win.
Old May 31st, 2012, 05:08 PM
Akio123
Sadness forever...

Quote:
Originally Posted by gamerdna223 View Post
I've been calling her Mikayla since day 1.

Anyways, a lot more was revealed courtesy of BulbanewsNOW on Twitter and Pokemon Fan magazine. It's confirmed that Ash is using Pikachu, Pignite, Boldore and Leavanny, while Homika is using Koffing, Garbodor, Scolipede, and something else? (please be Ekans/Arbok) Anyways, it seems this will be Ash's first 4 on 4 battle in Unova. Also, he does win.
It's been confirmed like 8 different times it's 6 on 3. (In the newest preview we are shown Unfezant). We also confirmed he wins (I posted the manga scans earlier where Pikachu beatsn her Garbodor)
Old May 31st, 2012, 06:10 PM
TheFuturePokemon
Natural.....

In this ash uses Boldore, Unfezant, and Leavanny against koffing(so two of ash's pokemon will lose to koffing) and we already know he's going to use Pignite and Pikachu so we just don't know the last pokemon.

Last edited by TheFuturePokemon; June 10th, 2012 at 07:30 PM.
Old May 31st, 2012, 09:15 PM
Piks

Quote:
I don't see why not, like Akio said he is a part of Iris development, since his Haxorus brought her Excadrill down to earth. Rematch seems in place too me down the road. If Iris wants to be a Dragon master then beating or putting a good fight to Drayden is one step toward her goal.

Your right he does have an right to his own opinions. I do believe Drayden will appear in the BW2 series since he will actually play a big part in Iris getting an lot more development.

Thanks I know, which is what I was trying to tell you when you "That is your opinions anyways which are not facts ......." Posters already know this so no need to state what we already know. Ash493 was stated just that an opinion just as you have several times. So you need to understand that he wasn't trying to force his opinion on anyone just cause he doesn't think this is an official match or that Koffing can come out as a victor.

On all accounts we really can't tell at this point. They are right now trying to promote Black and White 2 so we will see where they go with this. League probably right now is in the distant future as Akio said three months later.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Akio123 View Post
Right part of her character development involves Drayden Him sort of not appearing kind of takes away of that...it sort of renders elements of her journey pointless...then again part of it is getting Haxorus so I don't know...

I'm not saying he does lose or doesn't lose, what I'm say is the way it's word it makes it sound like he either won't win or it won't be official. I mean with a summary like "The gang goes to Tachiwaki because it's closer" makes it almost sound like "this is just a BW2 teaser, this has no bearing on his badge career."

Edit: According to the summary or the Piplup battle/Meloetta Eppy, I guess it was official...I rescind my comments although I'm a little disappointed. However, with the Unova League being 3 months later, I guess Ash has plenty of time to meet up with Drayden and train so meh I guess.

Homika is an official Gym leader since Ash do get his 8th final Unova Gym badge from her, hopefully Ash will get ready for the Unova League which is only three months away so that gives him plenty of time to train his pokemon and hopefully meet Drayden while he is at it.
Old June 1st, 2012, 05:24 PM
Akio123
Sadness forever...

Quote:
Homika is an official Gym leader since Ash do get his 8th final Unova Gym badge from her, hopefully Ash will get ready for the Unova League which is only three months away so that gives him plenty of time to train his pokemon and hopefully meet Drayden while he is at it.
...did you read the rest of the thread?

I was the one who posted the manga scans of Ash GETTING the Toxic badge. >_>
Old June 2nd, 2012, 06:00 PM
gamerdna223
No influence from the meme!

Nature: Modest
Quote:
It's been confirmed like 8 different times it's 6 on 3. (In the newest preview we are shown Unfezant). We also confirmed he wins (I posted the manga scans earlier where Pikachu beatsn her Garbodor)
6 on 3? Interesting. That's never happened before so I thought it was fake. Sorry about posting the other stuff, I didn't really read the rest of the thread.
Old June 2nd, 2012, 11:26 PM
Akio123
Sadness forever...

Quote:
Originally Posted by gamerdna223 View Post
6 on 3? Interesting. That's never happened before so I thought it was fake. Sorry about posting the other stuff, I didn't really read the rest of the thread.
S'alright :)

Anyway back on topic?
Question:
What will the sixth Pokemon me?
Facts:
Confirmed Ash team: Unfeazant, Pikachu (Gym star), Pignite, Boldore, and Leavanny
Confirmed Homika team: Scolipede (<3), Garbordor (Her ace, which she won't have in the game), Koffing
Again: Pika beats the trash bag earning Ash a toxic badge
Around the City, Homika is known to be terrifyingly strong
Koffing knows Gyro Ball and Scolipede knows Rock Tomb

In fact based on the avail leaked info, the only we don't know is what is the 6th Pokemon Ash is using.
My guess: Either Krokorok or Oshawott
Krok: He has the type advantage and let's be honest...he isn't all that strong so he works well as a fall guy to denote how strong Homika is.

Our jerkass otter:...he'll pop out, wanting to impress someone, and end up getting smashed to bits by either Koffings Gyro Ball or a rock to face via Scoli.
Old June 3rd, 2012, 01:14 AM
Piks

Quote:
...did you read the rest of the thread?

I was the one who posted the manga scans of Ash GETTING the Toxic badge.
I'm pretty sure i did read the rest of this thread. I already know that Ash does get the Toxic Badge from Homika, since it has already been confirmed that he does get the final 8th Unova Gym badge from Homika.
Old June 3rd, 2012, 03:20 PM
Akio123
Sadness forever...

^I was being sarcastic, I mean my original statement was in response to the fact that we knew all of that information...I posted the scans, we have the preview, hell we even know what their teams are (Minus one of Ash's Pokemon). I was just saying that as an implication to "Way to be late the party."
Old June 10th, 2012, 07:30 PM
TheFuturePokemon
Natural.....

So we learn ash will also be using palpitoad.

Sponsored Links

Advertise here