The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Discussions > Pokémon Anime

Notices

Pokémon Anime Are you a regular watcher of the Pokémon Anime and its Movies or just an old fan? Come here, and take part in all the various ongoing discussions about the Pokémon Anime.

Advertise here

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old May 11th, 2012, 11:17 AM
Azureth

Nature: Calm

Advertise here
I understand why there is in the games, what with gameplay considerations, and I can understand in tournaments/gym battles etc making 6 the limit, but when you're just out and about why is there still a limit? It's been shown once you have more than 6 one of them "locks" until you send another one back which doesn't make sense. In the pokeworld why does it matter how many you have at once so long as you aren't in a tournament or gym battle or what have you.

Maybe I'm just over thinking this lol.
Old May 11th, 2012, 01:06 PM
CliveKoopa

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to CliveKoopa Send a message via Yahoo to CliveKoopa Send a message via Skype™ to CliveKoopa
Quote:
Originally Posted by Azureth View Post
I understand why there is in the games, what with gameplay considerations, and I can understand in tournaments/gym battles etc making 6 the limit, but when you're just out and about why is there still a limit? It's been shown once you have more than 6 one of them "locks" until you send another one back which doesn't make sense. In the pokeworld why does it matter how many you have at once so long as you aren't in a tournament or gym battle or what have you.

Maybe I'm just over thinking this lol.

I always wondered this too. That's like saying you're only allowed to have six friends or six family members and not any more. If you're just a regular trainer who's not interested in gym battles, etc or all you want to do is make friends with pokemon then having more than six shouldn't be a problem.
Old May 11th, 2012, 05:09 PM
JessieFan92
Unhatched Egg

Your bag will get heavy and if you have other things in there you bag will get crowded.
Old May 11th, 2012, 05:13 PM
Bluelatios*
SOVA leader

Nature: Jolly
Its probably just a policy to ensure safety and security. Imagine having 20 Pokemon get in a fight or something in a public area and the trainer or other people get hurt. It also discourages overcapturing the population of wild Pokemon and thus possibly disturbing the balance of nature or some crazy stuff.
Old May 11th, 2012, 08:59 PM
Kirbychu
Scyther

Nature: Naughty
Didn't the manga say the law was in place to ensure that each one of the trainer's Pokemon was getting proper attention or something like that? I'll go with that.

Paired to cr4y

Old May 11th, 2012, 10:37 PM
CliveKoopa

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to CliveKoopa Send a message via Yahoo to CliveKoopa Send a message via Skype™ to CliveKoopa
I never read the manga so I can't comment on that although it is an interesting point as is the one about the pokemon fighting, etc.
Old May 12th, 2012, 05:20 AM
Mynewusernameiskuzronkjustlookthatup

I think for each pokemon to get proper attention and used
Old May 14th, 2012, 10:29 AM
mercymercy
Beginning Trainer

Probably because five is too little, and seven feels like way too many. I think they wanted to be bigger than Power Rangers, but they didn't want people to feel like they needed to keep track of an army.
Old May 14th, 2012, 10:59 AM
Andyb4325
Drowzee

You can have as many as you want just 6 on you at a time. I think this rule is for only trainers. I think theyve shown people with more than 6 at their homes that dont go out and battle. Gold has 9 with him before he started his journey in the manga

Old May 14th, 2012, 12:32 PM
CliveKoopa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andyb4325 View Post
You can have as many as you want just 6 on you at a time. I think this rule is for only trainers. I think theyve shown people with more than 6 at their homes that dont go out and battle. Gold has 9 with him before he started his journey in the manga
Yeah but how do the pokeballs know that you're a trainer or not so they can stop you taking more than 7 pokemon?
Old May 14th, 2012, 07:16 PM
PlatinumDude
Nyeh?
Community Supporter

Nature: Hasty
Send a message via Yahoo to PlatinumDude Send a message via Skype™ to PlatinumDude
I think the 6-Pokemon limit is there to prevent one trainer from gaining a significant advantage over the other in a battle.

Old May 17th, 2012, 12:35 AM
magame
Unhatched Egg

It can very awful when you fighting with Champion or Breeder
They have very much pokemon and you can exhaust with long battle.
(My English very bad, sorry)
Old May 17th, 2012, 01:36 AM
PKMNTRNCha0tic
Beginning Trainer

Because having 20+ gyarados/charizard/some-other-big-mass-destruction-pokemon/etc would be totally broken

Still,I wonder why criminal organizations abide to the 6pokemon rule.
Old May 17th, 2012, 05:11 AM
Hoenn
» Just a cat and mouse game
Community Supporter

Nature: Relaxed
Send a message via Skype™ to Hoenn
That's true, 6 seems like a reasonable cap but they could expand it to something like 8, more of a variety then.

Old May 17th, 2012, 07:08 AM
voicerocker
Psyduck

6 does seem to be a good number. They should keep it at 6 because if they were to increase it even once, their would be a demand for it to keep increasing. (Saw on another forum where someone who liked the 3 vs. 3 Triple Battles wanted to see 4 vs. 4 Quadruple battles!)

Pokemon White 2 Team:
Old May 17th, 2012, 12:15 PM
Twilight-kun
Pokemon World Champion 2014-15

Nature: Naughty
Send a message via AIM to Twilight-kun Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Twilight-kun Send a message via Yahoo to Twilight-kun Send a message via Skype™ to Twilight-kun
easy maintenance I'm guessing

Poor Oak, those 30 Tauros must be aggravating to no end

although Alder carries 9 pokeballs... would've made for an awesome Champion battle, eh?
Old May 21st, 2012, 05:18 AM
Playful_Weasel
let's be friends!
Community Supporter

Nature: Gentle
Send a message via Skype™ to Playful_Weasel
To me 6 seems fair even number, but I also wondered why only 6 limit. (I was going to make another comment but forgot what I was going to share)
Old May 21st, 2012, 06:26 PM
Scorpiopt

i would prefer a 8 pokemon limit instead of 6 , but we have to live with it

Old May 21st, 2012, 06:34 PM
Tarje
BarkleyBlueBark

Nature: Relaxed
Well six makes battling a great option and provides care to each pokemon usually I think u should be able to be befriend pokemon in certain areas like a ranger does so hms weren't need all the time instead of catch befriend
Old May 21st, 2012, 06:49 PM
Rodriguezjames55
No Jokes #MegaCharizard

Nature: Adamant
Send a message via Skype™ to Rodriguezjames55
the manga said that six is easier to disrepute love evenly anime well electric hits ground
Old May 21st, 2012, 08:27 PM
C_r_e_a_m_p_u_f_f

Nature: Naive
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rodriguezjames55 View Post
the manga said that six is easier to disrepute love evenly anime well electric hits ground
It is true. It is clearly stated that:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Professor Oak
"ELM, DON'T JUST BURY YOURSELF IN YOUR RESEARCH. YOU SHOULD AT LEAST KNOW WHAT'S GOING ON IN THE POKéMON WORLD. IF ONE BRINGS ALONG 7 OR 8 POKéMON, OR EVEN 20 TO 30 POKéMON, THAT IS JUST CARRYING THEM AROUND. BUT IN THIS CASE, IT WOULD BE IMPOSSIBLE TO SHOWER EACH POKéMON WITH THE LOVE AND CARE THEY NEED. ONLY RESEARCHERS LIKE US LOOK FORWARD TO COLLECTING AS MANY POKéMON AS POSSIBLE. ANY TRAINER WITH 7 TO 8 POKéMON IS NOT WELL-LIKED. THAT IS WHY EVEN IN THE POKéMON LEAGUE, THERE'S THE OFFICIAL RULE THAT EVERY TRAINER CAN ONLY USE 6 POKéMON.

---EDIT---
In the Manga too, electric hits ground. (Pikachu used Thunderbolt on Nidoqueen)
Old May 22nd, 2012, 11:19 AM
Charvisioku
Psyduck Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tarje View Post
I think u should be able to be befriend pokemon in certain areas like a ranger does so hms weren't need all the time instead of catch befriend
Now there's a good idea!

You must edit it to meet the limits set by the rules before you may remove the [sig-reason] code from your signature. Removing this tag will re-enable it.

Do not remove the tag until you fix the issues in your signature. You may be infracted for removing this tag if you do not fix the specified issues. Do not use this tag for decoration purposes.
Old May 22nd, 2012, 12:55 PM
Yoshikkko

Well, the line should be drawn somewhere, you can't just have 20 Pokémon with you, and apart from that, they're just staying true to the game. It would be strange if you could have 7 or 8 in the anime, but 6 in the game, that'd arise more questions than the way it is now I think.
Old May 22nd, 2012, 08:10 PM
vaporeon7
My life would suck without you
Community Supporter

Send a message via Skype™ to vaporeon7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirbychu View Post
Didn't the manga say the law was in place to ensure that each one of the trainer's Pokemon was getting proper attention or something like that? I'll go with that.
Yeah, it was something about how if there were more than 6 Pokémon on a team, then not all the Pokémon would be getting the right level of attention and how 6 was the optimal number. Which makes sense really because you couldn't really give attention to 50 Pokémon at a time.
Old May 25th, 2012, 04:29 PM
Amachi
(。・ω・)ノ゙ Hello, I am Amachi-chan~♪

Nature: Jolly
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirbychu View Post
Yeah that was the reasoning the manga gave, which I think is perfectly fair.

Other than that it's also just to keep battles fair and balanced as well, and it keep an element of strategy as well - if you could carry however many you pleased, you don't need to worry about strategy as much since you could just switch to another Pokemon.

Or something like that.
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

Advertise here