Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Gaming > Fifth Generation
Reload this Page B2 W2 [Spoiler]Pokemon World Tournament Discussion

Notices
For all updates, view the main page.

Fifth Generation Are Pokémon slaves to humans? Team Plasma thinks so. Travel the Unova region and prove them wrong in Black & White, and then return two years later in Black2 & White2.

View Poll Results: Do you like Pokemon World Tournament?
Yes! I love this new feature! 172 89.58%
No, I don't like this new feature! 2 1.04%
Maybe, I am not sure I like or don't like this new feature. 18 9.38%
Voters: 192. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old June 17th, 2012 (09:27 AM).

Nature: Relaxed
Quote originally posted by Requility:
Only reward would probably be a medal. Unless you maybe get your third master ball...?
I'm guessing that's sarcasm... or I completely missed something...

Maybe the reward would be akin to the special rooms you got in HG/SS with the Pokeathlon. Well, if you competed in those at all, remember the "Solidarity Room", "Friendship Room" and etc. where you got to check your records and achievements? Once you got to the Friendship Room (I think it's the last one) your Trainer Card got updated.
Don't know if this post sticks to the thread... feel free to delete!
Old June 17th, 2012 (09:33 AM).
10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Silver Tier

Nature: Careful
A third Masterball? Eh at least it's something. The Proable award will most likely be a title (World Champ?), a hall of fame entry for the world tournament, and maybe a medal.
Old June 17th, 2012 (09:43 AM).

A title? I guess...
A Hall of Fame, I can see.
A medal? NO. A trophy? YES. Or a statue. A big, gold, shining statue proclaiming you as the strongest in the world.
Old June 17th, 2012 (10:02 AM).

Nature: Rash
Quote originally posted by Raichupacabra:
Oh my god, I could picture the newer Pokemon fans wondering who the Hoenn gym leaders are. But this seems like the best idea that ever reached Pokemon.
This, pretty much. When I read that some older faces were going to be in the game at some point, my face lit up :D hope it's not a disappointment, though.

Old June 17th, 2012 (12:10 PM).
Silver Tier

Quote originally posted by Kenmoor:
A title? I guess...
A Hall of Fame, I can see.
A medal? NO. A trophy? YES. Or a statue. A big, gold, shining statue proclaiming you as the strongest in the world.
The statue could be like the one in HgSs only this one can be bigger! Perhaps they will do the rooms as someone stated earlier.
Old June 17th, 2012 (12:38 PM).
Go Go PokéRangers

Nature: Adamant
And the new footage on Pokebeach confirmed gym battle theme remixes, now I really wanna hear a remix of the hoenn gym theme.

Lover of all things Pokémon and Nintendo, and Atlus
Signature Pokémon: Luxray
Old June 17th, 2012 (12:50 PM).
Silver Tier

What new footage?
Awesome seems we don't have wait for the remakes to hear Hoenn's gym theme gen V version .
Old June 17th, 2012 (12:55 PM).
Go Go PokéRangers

Nature: Adamant
Quote originally posted by Magmaruby and Aquasapphire:
What new footage?
Awesome seems we don't have wait for the remakes to hear Hoenn's gym theme gen V version .
On Pokebeach here http://pokebeach.com/2012/06/some-new-black-2-white-2-footage-misty-in-world-tournament
A remix of the Kanto Gym theme plays when you fight Misty in the World Tourney
and personally for me, that's enough confirmation that every gym battle theme is getting a remix for the tourney.

Lover of all things Pokémon and Nintendo, and Atlus
Signature Pokémon: Luxray
Old June 17th, 2012 (01:20 PM). Edited June 17th, 2012 by wombateiro.

Imo this remix doesn't sound like something they really put much effort in making. It's so simply remixed. Probably other remixes will be like this too, including Hoenn ones. I guess they don't want those tracks to sound better than in games they belong to, and are saving better remixes for R/S remakes.
Old June 17th, 2012 (01:42 PM).
Don't mess with the lights...

Nature: Sassy
I actually like the Kanto mix. It's pretty cool. It's all techno...and stuff! But I see how people might not like it.
Old June 17th, 2012 (01:52 PM).
쏘쿨

I don't care if all I get is a pat on the back. I'm still excited for it.
Old June 17th, 2012 (02:11 PM).
Silver Tier

Quote originally posted by wombateiro:
Imo this remix doesn't sound like something they really put much effort in making. It's so simply remixed. Probably other remixes will be like this too, including Hoenn ones. I guess they don't want those tracks to sound better than in games they belong to, and are saving better remixes for R/S remakes.
Well Kanto was in gen IV which was also in the Ds so not much change can really be expected, Hoenn is proably going to be the most different seeing how Sinnoh and Johto's remixes will proably end up like Kanto's (all already had DS music).
Old June 18th, 2012 (01:30 PM).

Quote originally posted by Magmaruby and Aquasapphire:

Well Kanto was in gen IV which was also in the Ds so not much change can really be expected, Hoenn is proably going to be the most different seeing how Sinnoh and Johto's remixes will proably end up like Kanto's (all already had DS music).
Not exactly what I meant. To begin with, that remix is based on R/B/Y/FR/LG versions, not G/S/C/HG/SS. Imo that remix from World Tournament is worse than FR/LG version. If they'll remix R/S/E Gym Leader track in similar simple style, it won't sound Hoenn-ish, most likely meaning they are saving better remix for remakes.
Old June 18th, 2012 (03:12 PM).
Silver Tier

??? But that sounded just like Kanto in HgSs which is in it's self a remix of the gen III version...
Though we're kind of getting off topic here...
On topic: Where do you think the tournament is taking place? My guess is either Undella, Nimbasa, or a new town.
Old June 18th, 2012 (03:59 PM).
쏘쿨

Probably a new dome in Nimbasa City, since that place seems to be the city for all the action.
Old June 18th, 2012 (04:06 PM).

Nature: Hasty
Send a message via Skype™ to Xander Olivieri
Seeing as he Anime version is in the Eastern Unova I'm gunna say Lancousa Town. That place needs some love.
Old June 18th, 2012 (04:08 PM).
쏘쿨

Oh that would be nice. I love the music there.
Old June 18th, 2012 (04:49 PM).

What about Castelia City? They might have space to spare. Or Nimbassa City as someone else said.
Lancousa Town... wasn't that town all about old stuff? I doubt that the townspeople would welcome a fancy, schmancy arena/dome into their small (I guess it's small) town.
Or they might make a dock for a ship/submarine to take them to the location... of an underwater arena? I remember that there are underwater tunnels for travelers moving to and fro. I really don't like the idea of a new island popping out for this. I just want GF to just put the location in a place that makes sense.

My imagination is running wild... now I'm thinking of a dome in the sky... a hidden arena in a cave that can only be found by powerful trainers?
Old June 18th, 2012 (05:00 PM).

Nature: Hasty
Send a message via Skype™ to Xander Olivieri
I think the under water tunnel is to go from Vibrank to Castella. (Gym 2 to Gym 3) Since there is no visible bridge that connects that city to Castella.

As for Lancousa, its not that they are into old stuff. They are just stuck in a Superstition. They don't have to be in B2W2 cause well 2 years pass and someone could have ballsed up and stayed out all night for multiple nights (if Lancousa isn't the Frozen Town from the Trailer)

I think that the Tournament in the Anime may be in Lancousa town if not in an Anime town seeing as that tournament could be the end of that part of the journey.
Old June 18th, 2012 (05:15 PM).
Silver Tier

Well Lancousa will finally have something interesting for a change
Or perhaps it can be in that town where the trains gather as it didn't really have a reason for us to visit it other than to get items lost in the subway from one of the guys in one of the houses...
Old June 18th, 2012 (05:28 PM).
The Horoscopical Master

Nature: Quirky
What if its in anville town jk or am i

That town and lacanosu town were so boring that i think they could do something special for them

I think that if they do it in nimbasa pokemon world tournament would replace the subway frontier or any frontier for that matter

The game would be too grand if the Pokemon world tornament and battle frontier would be in the same game

The Aquarius loves a party. Anytime, anywhere is their motto. It is not unlikely that an Aquarius will consider a wake a good place to meet chicks. Aquarians love to be naked. It is even better if they are naked and crocked. Froot Loops is a very Aquarian cereal. So is Rice Krispies, since it will engage in a friendly chat with the Aquarian as he or she is eating breakfast. Count Chocula is off-limits, however. It belongs to the Scorpios. Aquarians use the phrase "Dude, man..." frequently when describing philosophical concepts. Aquarians have out-of-body experiences on a daily basis. If you are talking to an Aquarian and he or she zones out, consider the conversation hopeless. He or she is talking to the guy three feet away from you. Aquarians are fun because they channel people. Plus, if you tell them to, they will run around naked. Aquarians like astronomy because they've been to all those places. If you want to know what the food is like on Saturn, ask an Aquarius. Aquarians can allow themselves every possible vice on the planet, and don't think twice about it. That is why they piss everyone else off. They are cosmically entitled to do this.
Old June 18th, 2012 (05:36 PM).

Ah! "Trains" got me thinking about transportation... the most likely method which I see right now, based on you guys, is by foot.

The Battle Frontier... right, I don't know if that would be randomly replaced or what... who knows...
Old June 18th, 2012 (05:50 PM).
The Horoscopical Master

Had an idea!

What if they kept the frontier subway in nimbasa, but used the amtrak train in anville to transport you to the pokemon world tornament

OR

They used the airplanes in mistalton to transport to new areas

OR

One of the islands in the castelia bay is the location of the PWT

Or what if ....

Bum bum buuuuuuuuuum!!!!

Its in the hoenn region

The Aquarius loves a party. Anytime, anywhere is their motto. It is not unlikely that an Aquarius will consider a wake a good place to meet chicks. Aquarians love to be naked. It is even better if they are naked and crocked. Froot Loops is a very Aquarian cereal. So is Rice Krispies, since it will engage in a friendly chat with the Aquarian as he or she is eating breakfast. Count Chocula is off-limits, however. It belongs to the Scorpios. Aquarians use the phrase "Dude, man..." frequently when describing philosophical concepts. Aquarians have out-of-body experiences on a daily basis. If you are talking to an Aquarian and he or she zones out, consider the conversation hopeless. He or she is talking to the guy three feet away from you. Aquarians are fun because they channel people. Plus, if you tell them to, they will run around naked. Aquarians like astronomy because they've been to all those places. If you want to know what the food is like on Saturn, ask an Aquarius. Aquarians can allow themselves every possible vice on the planet, and don't think twice about it. That is why they piss everyone else off. They are cosmically entitled to do this.
Old June 18th, 2012 (05:59 PM).

Might happen. I personally didn't like the Battle Subway. But I guess GF would keep it just because they can and will.
Where would these "new areas" be? Hopefully not some random island in the middle of nowhere...
Now you're just screwing with us.
Old June 18th, 2012 (06:18 PM).
The Horoscopical Master

they would not be new areas but if you look in Castelia bay there are plenty of islands where ,in 2 years development, an new area called PWT

And how am i screwing TROLLING you when i said its in hoenn

Closed Thread
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

You may also like.. (Beta)