Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Gaming > Fifth Generation

Notices
For all updates, view the main page.

Fifth Generation Are Pokémon slaves to humans? Team Plasma thinks so. Travel the Unova region and prove them wrong in Black & White, and then return two years later in Black2 & White2.

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old May 14th, 2012 (03:59 PM).
hinkage
Go make some new disaster
Community Supporter

Well for one, it would be completely unlike Gamefreak to do so. Second, I don't want that anyway because it would encourage annoying fanboys/girls, which would be, like I said before, very annoying.
Old May 14th, 2012 (06:50 PM).
Aquarius1997
The Horoscopical Master

Nature: Quirky
The only way i can see N being a playable character is if the have special episodes( like in explorers of sky) players can play as a TALKING N and they can start to implement talking protagonists or other new features

The Aquarius loves a party. Anytime, anywhere is their motto. It is not unlikely that an Aquarius will consider a wake a good place to meet chicks. Aquarians love to be naked. It is even better if they are naked and crocked. Froot Loops is a very Aquarian cereal. So is Rice Krispies, since it will engage in a friendly chat with the Aquarian as he or she is eating breakfast. Count Chocula is off-limits, however. It belongs to the Scorpios. Aquarians use the phrase "Dude, man..." frequently when describing philosophical concepts. Aquarians have out-of-body experiences on a daily basis. If you are talking to an Aquarian and he or she zones out, consider the conversation hopeless. He or she is talking to the guy three feet away from you. Aquarians are fun because they channel people. Plus, if you tell them to, they will run around naked. Aquarians like astronomy because they've been to all those places. If you want to know what the food is like on Saturn, ask an Aquarius. Aquarians can allow themselves every possible vice on the planet, and don't think twice about it. That is why they piss everyone else off. They are cosmically entitled to do this.
Old May 14th, 2012 (06:51 PM).
xdom
Jaguar Skills

Nature: Hardy
it would be cool to play as n but more like a spin-off type person
Old May 14th, 2012 (11:16 PM).
Forever
let it go

No I'm glad N wasn't chosen tbh. There's just so much that wouldn't make sense for him to be exploring Unova, or knowing what he's doing from the start. XD; He's too mysterious for the protagonist. ;__;
Old May 15th, 2012 (04:41 AM).
Elite Overlord LeSabre™
Classic Elegance
Community Supporter

Wow, this is random. It would be like me asking if Bernie Madoff should be a playable character.

In short, no. There is absolutely no reason why N, an antagonist in the prequel game, a trainer who has a rotating Pokemon party, and who already has a back story should be playable, especially since the player characters for B2/W2 have been revealed already.

Again I'll say... totally random idea.

Elite Overlord LeSabre™
PC Vital Stats
* Pair
* PC Family
* Bishies
* VG Claims
* Friend Codes
Links
* Blog
* Web Site
* Fan Fictions:
* Leaf Green LP
Picture credit: Apple Cakes on deviantArt
Old May 15th, 2012 (04:49 AM).
Twiggy
Slender snake
Community Supporter

Nature: Hasty
Making him playable would break how the story piles up if we're not careful with it. Also, it probably also kills any hope of introducing new player characters because, frankly, there isn't a need to be. Not to mention female player characters, or the lack of it.

To be honest, I think I like the current protags more than N
Old May 17th, 2012 (04:34 PM).
Greenbeans
Guardian of Le Foret
Community Supporter

Nature: Calm
N is one of the most interesting characters in pokemon history witch makes people like him. But on the other side of it i want to see him in action as an evil character again.
He played a great role in pokemon blakc/white and made me see a different side of the game

3DS Name: Jericho 3DS Friend Code: 3995 - 6761 - 1080 Old Username: Jerichob10
Old May 17th, 2012 (07:49 PM).
Kurui
Kageroza's Waifu

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Kurui Send a message via Skype™ to Kurui
N is that strange kid that I met a few times on Pokemon Black that says he can hear Pokemon talking and obviously talks really fast, right? If so then, no. I don't like him AT ALL. Ick. So I wouldn't enjoy playing as him. The guy that gives epic speeches (Ghetsis, again not sure if I spell his name right XD) though, would be cool to be playable IF they let him talk. Because it would be awesome to have a mini-put-an-epic-mindblowing-speech-together-game.
"Yor barmy...."
"o.o What's that?"

"Tha' means yor nu's, yor froo' loops, yor BANANAS!"

R.I.P. KAGEROZA. </3 T_T
I am Shi-Orihime Inaba on FailFacebook.

Old May 17th, 2012 (07:54 PM).
Patchisou Yutohru
Community Supporter

Playable characters are ALWAYS the most boring characters in Pokemon. No thanks! Even though N's kinda creepy, being creepy is much more interesting!
Old June 4th, 2012 (06:00 PM).
SirWolfiekins
That Guy Who Rocks!

Location: Roanoke, VA but if I were in Pokemon I'd be from Lavender Town =3
Unfortunately that'd be impossible because of the way pokemon conducts itself, but it would be pretty interesting.
Old June 4th, 2012 (08:44 PM).
The Fallen
Donator Tier 5

It would require an entirely different storyline if he were to be playable. They would have to approach it in a way they haven't really gone before. To make it interesting you would have to perform tasks that N would himself. I feel that that kinda takes away from the game. It would just be like being the typical protagonist, only following a different storyline.
Old June 4th, 2012 (10:51 PM).
Musica
PPPPPDPPPPP

Nature: Timid
Instead of a Professor, you would follow Ghetsis. It would have a whole different storyline and you'll be a semi-antagonist.
Old June 4th, 2012 (11:17 PM).
Boomburst
Community Supporter

Nature: Rash
In a main series game, it will never happen.

In a spin off, there is a outside chance. I think N is a interesting character but he doesn't really fit into being playable in a main game.
Old June 4th, 2012 (11:28 PM).
SouKoLian9102
That 1 Kid Who Plays Pokemon

Nature: Lonely
Send a message via Skype™ to SouKoLian9102
As much as I love N, it won't really work out altogether. It would be awesome if you can play as him in a flashback or a special Wi-Fi event though.
Old June 4th, 2012 (11:40 PM).
۩۞۩FusedZekrom۩۞۩
Beginning Trainer

Yeah, it will be cool, but it will change the storyline

Old June 5th, 2012 (02:33 AM).
miltankRancher
Mega Ampharos is the one.

Nature: Jolly
Send a message via Yahoo to miltankRancher
I'd rather not. N is one of the best characters ever made by Game Freak in my opinion, and reducing him to a flat character who has no speaking skills is too much for him. plus, he's a good antagonist. I prefer him that way.

I am a Roleplayer

...and I am PROUD of it.
Lanistae Jacet [Lies of a Trainer]
Old June 8th, 2012 (08:55 PM).
Wings Don't Cry
Maybe she's born with it
Community Supporter Tier 1

Nature: Naive
I wouldn't want him to be a playable character unless it was a spin-off game that also let you play as other characters with preset teams is well.

Even then I wouldn't choose N, solely because he's a jerk in the manga.

3DS Friend Code: 5155 - 3990 - 6891
Old June 9th, 2012 (12:12 AM).
Hikamaru
save yourself
Community Supporter

I disagree including N as a player character.

The standard set of male and female protagonists are much better-looking than him plus they also set a good example of the generic Pokemon Trainer.

Even though I never read Pokemon Adventures, I hated his personality.
Old June 9th, 2012 (01:09 AM).
Paulo27ms

I'd only play N just so I didn't have to look at the new characters for 50 hours straight :\.
http://www.youtube.com/user/EMSPaulo27

Awesome Game
Old June 9th, 2012 (10:02 PM).
Altairis
I'M ALL FIRED UP

Nature: Modest
Send a message via Skype™ to Altairis
N is a character who has a lot to say. Player characters don't talk and the only thing you'd really gain from playing as N is the appearance and a new perspective. Yet after the ending of BW we don't even know N's goals and again, we'd be missing out on the dialogue, which is essentially the best part of his character.

Old June 20th, 2012 (10:50 AM).
Chaos Dragon

Quote originally posted by Kenmoor:
Well, technically, who ever said that N HAD to be silent? Yes, yes, hit me with that "traditional Pokemon protagonist silent personality" stuff. Yes it would be different. Yes, it might mess up things. However, if Game Freak found out a way to work this out then I would like that. It would add a lot of content if this happened. Sure you might be startled to find a text box with actual words instead of the regular-
".... ....... ..... ..... .... .... .... ..... ...
.... .... .... ...... ..... ..... ... .... ......"
but hey, it would be intriguing to see this-
"Yeah I'm N and haters gonna hate me and my beautiful Rubix Cube."
No wait, THIS-
"So I planned to show the world who I, N, wanted for the innocent Pokemon of this world."
This could be Post-Game like a sort of flashback for N. Or a Wi-Fi event as Magmaruby and Aquasapphire said. Or some random event in the game.
Also, if this was for the whole game then no. I just want to see this as extra content, not for the whole game.
Naturally, I can't help but agree. After all, they are changing up the Pokemon franchise anyways. On the other hand, though... the following applies to me personally.

Quote originally posted by Mr Cat Dog:
Am I the only one who didn't like N? It was certainly interesting that he had such a tortured backstory, but none of that really endeared me to him, if I'm being honest. So, I don't think he should be playable either... but I guess I'm less sorry for that fact than most people here.
Yeah, I never liked "N" either; "N" always seemed to just be a naive' douche to me. On the other hand, I've always been a fan of Giovanni as an antagonist. He was just straight-up truthful about what he wanted and never allowed anyone to control him.
Old June 20th, 2012 (01:03 PM).
Lt. Col. Fantastic
The Arianator

Nature: Sassy
Not only should he not be played as, I feel like N should be a minor character. Like someone who battles with you in certain areas (Stat trainers in D/P) or the guy who runs the daycare, or even an easter egg you find in someones house.

Mr. Aladdin sir! Have a wish or two or three!
Old June 20th, 2012 (10:54 PM).
OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire
10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Community Supporter

Nature: Careful
Quote originally posted by Lt. Col. Fantastic:
Not only should he not be played as, I feel like N should be a minor character. Like someone who battles with you in certain areas (Stat trainers in D/P) or the guy who runs the daycare, or even an easter egg you find in someones house.
N appears to have a significant role this time around, showing up to help the player against Ghetsis so no character role down grade this time around.
Old June 24th, 2012 (07:50 AM).
DowntownDumpling

Nature: Quiet
I think it'd be cool for him to be playable in a side game, much as it was cool for Shadow the Hedgehog to be the main character of a spin-off Sonic game, but I don't think any game with him would be worth playing for long (again, Shadow).

The chance of him being playable in a main series game is essentially zero. The chance of him being playable in a side game is about, I'd say, five percent. That being said, this chance would increase a little if Nintendo were to release, say, a Pokemon party game. N could be a playable character in one of the minigames.

Playable characters in Pokemon games are typically cool yet unremarkable walking sacks of blah anyway. It'd be a shame to ruin N that way by placing him in a main series game.
Old September 10th, 2012 (03:13 PM).
EQUALSGAMER
Proud user of Garbodor

No he shouldn't because he's a great character. He is probably the best part of black and white. In a series where character development isn't number 1 priority they made an interesting character that made you think was everything you did really bad what was great was that he wasn't a 2 dimensional antagonist in fact he had good motives and was taken advantage of by the standard bad guys. I don't know if i'm just looking into this to much but N made me think about what i was doing, I just want him in black and white 2 as your rival.
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links