Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Current Generation Pokémon Gaming > Trade Corner
Reload this Page Shiny Values [DEAD]

Notices
For all updates, view the main page.

Trade Corner Having trouble completing your Pokédex? Looking for a certain Pokémon or have a rare one to offer? This is your forum. Everything related to wireless trades can be discussed here.

Closed Thread

Old November 11th, 2013 (06:44 PM). Edited December 3rd, 2013 by Absol.
Crystal Tier

So you've been hearing about these so-called "Shiny Values" but you have no clue what they mean. If so, then you've come to the right place. If not, don't fret for this thread will still be useful to you.

Just what are Shiny Values? Every trainer has a certain Shiny Value (from here on out called SV for simplicity) that doesn't change, just like how your ID is set and cannot be changed without restarting the game. Why is this important? Every egg generated also has a SV before it is hatched. What does this mean? If you know the egg's SV BEFORE hatching, you can trade that egg to someone with a matching SV and have them hatch it and viola, the egg will hatch shiny. Neat huh? You can predict what eggs will hatch shiny on who's game. The catch? Finding the SV of the egg before hatching and then trading it to someone to hatch it shiny on their game. That's what this thread is for.

About This Thread

- You may post in this thread asking for help with the programs for checking SVs.

- If you know your SV and want to be added to the document use this form: http://goo.gl/QfwFO6. DO NOT POST IN THIS THREAD SAYING WHAT YOUR SV IS!

- If you have an egg that matches someone's SV and you wish to trade it to them, please VM or PM them. Do not post in this thread to arrange trades.

- For trading eggs with known contents and SVs please use the SV Egg QTT here: Click Me!

- If you want your SV to be checked or have some eggs you want checked, please message one of the SV checkers listed below.

Do not post in this thread asking for matches to SVs you have. Find matches yourself using the Google Doc below.

**NEW** If you know your Trainer Shiny Value, use the Google Form to enter your information: http://goo.gl/QfwFO6
View the list of Trainer Shiny Values: http://goo.gl/HhOYgE
PokéCommunity's List of Shiny Values

Please do not spam the thread or your post will be deleted. Follow all Trade Corner rules and please be respectful to others.

If you wish, you can also reach the TC mods here in #tradecorner's chatroom: Click me!

SV Checkers:
- TheGr8
- Tman (contact on #tradecorner chatroom only)
- TwilightBlade

SV Checkers Requirements

- To be an SV checker you must be a member for at least 6 months and have at least 100 posts.
- This is to make sure only reliable members are SV checkers to prevent scams from happening.

If you're wanting to join the Smogon's/NuggetBridge's irc channel to find more matches here is the info needed:

Smogon SV Channel (Includes NuggetBridge)
Simple Method:
Click http://mibbit.com/[email protected]

Advanced Method:
Server: irc.synirc.net
Ports: 6660-6669
Channel: #shinyvalue
Old November 11th, 2013 (07:33 PM). Edited November 11th, 2013 by TwilightBlade.
Protect his very soul.
ModeratorCS

Work-in-progress guide.

What's the program to find a Trainer Shiny Value, egg contents and Shiny Value, IVs, EVs, all that fun stuff?
Method #1: Integrated InstaCheck
  1. Download this https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/82369016/InstacheckHotspot.zip
  2. You will also need WinPCap http://www.winpcap.org/install/
  3. Unzip your Instacheck files. Open the application in the folder. Use any Network Name (SSID) and any passcode. Click Start Hotspot button. You may need to disable your firewalls in your computer's control panel settings before clicking Start Hotspot if you have trouble like I did in the Test Connection step.
  4. Go into your 3ds wifi settings. Search for an access point, click on your virtualrouter's name, enter the passcode, and then you'll have to do the Test Connection. If successfully connected, lucky you. I kept getting a failed connection for hours (I don't know what the specific problems are, hence why we don't have a good guide floating on the internet, and it came out yesterday).
  5. Remove your usual internet connection. The virtual router must be connection #1. You can make your usual connection as #2.
  6. So you got the virtual router (think Fake GTS) going. Cool. Back on your computer, click on Start Insta-Check in the popup.

Method #2: If the above is not working, try downloading another Virtual Router and the Standalone InstaCheck
  1. Download this https://virtualrouter.codeplex.com/
  2. Download this https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/82369016/InstacheckStandalone.zip and unzip files.
  3. Standalone may tell you to download NET Framework 4.5 or some something, so do that.
  4. What you're basically doing here is using another virtual router. The directions are the same in setting it up.

Method #3: If you're a nublet like me
Use the integrated Instacheck, virtual router only, in method #1's download and the standalone instacheck in method #2's download. Seriously, I was out of ideas and couldn't get the first two to work (Iloveeevee and Tman were successful tho). Then I went to the standalone's dropdown menu and chose the second option. http://i.imgur.com/DXKyO0f.png

Spoiler:
Old November 12th, 2013 (02:01 AM). Edited November 12th, 2013 by Gogoat Rocks!.
The Hype is Real

Nature: Timid
I'm not sure if I should post this but every time I try to download this, https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/...eckHotspot.zip
It keeps saying, 'InstacheckHotspo.zip is not commonly downloaded and could be dangerous. Discard'
I left it and went to Downloads and it was there saying Keep or Discard.
I pressed keep and it says, 'This may hurt. Don't say we didn't warn you. Keep Anyway or Cancel'
What should I do?
Old November 12th, 2013 (03:37 AM).
Hey, c'mon! Get serious!
Crystal Tier

Nature: Quirky
Quote originally posted by Gogoat Rocks!:
I'm not sure if I should post this but every time I try to download this, https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/...eckHotspot.zip
It keeps saying, 'InstacheckHotspo.zip is not commonly downloaded and could be dangerous. Discard'
I left it and went to Downloads and it was there saying Keep or Discard.
I pressed keep and it says, 'This may hurt. Don't say we didn't warn you. Keep Anyway or Cancel'
What should I do?
I've run a quick scan on the file and it is safe for use, it's just a protective measure to stop potential viruses and malware.

I can vouch that it is 100% safe to use and does the job it is meant to. Just select "Keep Anyway" and it will be fine. If you're worried even after downloading it, run a quick scan to just be sure.
I'm gonna give your reason a toxic shock and open up your mind!
Old November 12th, 2013 (03:48 AM). Edited November 12th, 2013 by Gogoat Rocks!.
The Hype is Real

Quote originally posted by Berzerk!:
I've run a quick scan on the file and it is safe for use, it's just a protective measure to stop potential viruses and malware.

I can vouch that it is 100% safe to use and does the job it is meant to. Just select "Keep Anyway" and it will be fine. If you're worried even after downloading it, run a quick scan to just be sure.
Ok thanks.

Do you or anyone happen to know there I can safely download NET Framework 4.5?
Old November 12th, 2013 (04:09 AM).
Hey, c'mon! Get serious!
Crystal Tier

Ok thanks.

Does anyone happen to know there I can safely download NET Framework 4.5?
A quick Google search of NET Framework 4.5, should be the first link, official Microsoft download from the official site.

NET Framework 4.5 <- Click here for download, will take you straight to the site.
I'm gonna give your reason a toxic shock and open up your mind!
Old November 12th, 2013 (11:00 AM).
함께가자 티아라
Crystal Tier

Nature: Impish
What is this?
I'll have to try this later.

crazed fan of lee qri • maker of gifs
twittertumblr
Old November 12th, 2013 (01:23 PM).
Spheal Hacking Administrator

Nature: Careful
Quote originally posted by miakalina:
What is this?
I'll have to try this later.
It's like RNG abuse, but in reverse. You generate an egg and then look up who can hatch it as a shiny. This is possible because shininess is determined by matching 2 values that range between 0001-and 4090 or so, instead of having a 1/8k shiny PID out of billions of different PID/SID combos or whatever. It's potentially possible to have a 100% shiny hatch rate if we collect all 4000 or so unique values and then assume everyone is willing to hatch your egg. Its simple, albeit tedious.

又 yltfos os kaeps and low 又
Wandering Allowed, Wondering Aloud
Old November 12th, 2013 (06:01 PM). Edited November 12th, 2013 by Gogoat Rocks!.
The Hype is Real

I can't use this method because I have Windows Xp.
Can Iloveeevee of TwilightBlade help me out with checking some eggs?
Old November 12th, 2013 (06:47 PM).
Crystal Tier

I can't use this method because I have Windows Xp.
Can Iloveeevee of TwilightBlade help me out with checking some eggs?
Done taken care of! :) If anyone else needs help, feel free to contact me as blade will be away for a day or two.
Old November 13th, 2013 (10:21 AM).

I'd love to help out, but I use a Mac so... boo. If anyone would be willing/able to check for me, or know of how to run these programs on Mac easily, please let me know.
Old November 13th, 2013 (03:01 PM).
lovely pair<3
Crystal Tier

Nature: Jolly
Mac support is coming, I know the guy who developed this program. Also I am the contact between Pokecommunity Trade Corner and the site NuggetBridge I think we will be putting their spreadsheet linked to TC's and I will be the contact between the two sites, since I know everyone there and it seems to be much easier so far for everyone! Just wanted to help out a bit here at TC!

Youtube | Twitter | VGC| Pair

Signature by Khalei

Old November 13th, 2013 (03:33 PM).
Rayquazaman

Send a message via Skype™ to Eragon123973
hey iloveeevee can you check some eggs for me pls ive been tryig to hatch a shiny charmander for ages now with no luck my FC is 1118-0599-5055
Old November 13th, 2013 (08:57 PM).
can you feel my heart?
Crystal Tier

Nature: Adamant
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Vrai
You can add me to the doc - 807 is my trainer shiny value, 4682 - 8478 - 6049 is my FC. Preferred contact is a VM on Smogon (or IRC message there @ zeb, since I'm on there very often) since I don't check here much, but I'm also frequently on the PC server as Vrai or Zebraiken.
Old November 13th, 2013 (09:02 PM).

my trainer shiny value is 647 Friend Code: 4141-2674-9684 ingame name Cerise
Old November 14th, 2013 (03:42 AM).

Quote originally posted by TheGr8:
Mac support is coming,
Oh, that's awesome! Thanks for the heads up!
Old November 14th, 2013 (02:27 PM).
Crystal Tier

Quote originally posted by Vrai:
You can add me to the doc - 807 is my trainer shiny value, 4682 - 8478 - 6049 is my FC. Preferred contact is a VM on Smogon (or IRC message there @ zeb, since I'm on there very often) since I don't check here much, but I'm also frequently on the PC server as Vrai or Zebraiken.
Quote originally posted by fuzzywuzzyfurfrou:
my trainer shiny value is 647 Friend Code: 4141-2674-9684 ingame name Cerise

Added both of you to the document. :)
Old November 14th, 2013 (05:18 PM).
lovely pair<3
Crystal Tier

I should be added to the list of checkers I'm not that busy EV lol

Signature by Khalei

Old November 14th, 2013 (10:22 PM).

Nature: Impish
I can't use EXE files on my computer(Silly useless chromebook). >-> Is there any way to check my SV without downloading something? Or is it possible to have someone check it for me?
Currently: Filling the 'Dex and fishing for shinies
Shop: For Pokemon I have for trade click here :D
:D
Old November 15th, 2013 (01:14 AM).
Protect his very soul.
ModeratorCS

techieturnover, I or any of the listed SV Checkers can help do that for you. Just let one of us know when you can trade.

After gathering 81 Tyrunt eggs, I finally found a match with someone in the spreadsheet (who coincidentally was my first Smogon trade for XY :O).

Tyrunt's not perfect, but he is very cute!

Tyrunt (M) - Jolly, Strong Jaw, 31\31\31\28\16\31
Old November 15th, 2013 (03:25 AM).
So strong, it hurts!

Nature: Quiet
Does this application only work if your computer is capable of WIFI? I use a CAT5 cable to connect to my router.

Completed Challenges: Pokemon Y Nuzlocke - Birthday Challenge - Random
Current Challenges: Ground Mono-type (5/8)

Pokemon X/Y Safari: Wooper/Camerupt/Palpitoad IGN: Chris (X), varies (Y)
Teams: My Poison Team - My Ground Team
Old November 15th, 2013 (09:16 AM).

My Trainer Shiny Value is 2547. My FC is 4210-4032-9835 and my ingame is Nay
Old November 15th, 2013 (11:58 AM).
I hate Smeargle.
Gold Tier

Nature: Lax
Kay, just to clarify something, if your egg's SV value matches someone's from NuggetBridge, contact TheGr8 so he can set you and the other person up. On the other hand, if your value matches someone from PC (here), do NOT contact TheGr8, you're wasting time and energy.

White: 1463 5558 5309
X: 2208 5685 5454
- - - -
Old November 15th, 2013 (11:00 PM).
lovely pair<3
Crystal Tier

Thank you Griff, lol I have had that been asked a bit today and I appreciate you posting that to clarify! We have done quite a few trades between sites and they are very smooth I am always on TC's IRC chatroom as well, so if you need to contact me go there!

Signature by Khalei

Old November 15th, 2013 (11:44 PM).

For some reason the instacheck hot spot won't even run. And the vitural router won't even work also >.> Whats wrong?

Sponsored Links

You may also like.. (Beta)