The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Current Generation Pokémon Gaming > Trade Corner

Notices

Trade Corner Having trouble completing your Pokédex? Looking for a certain Pokémon or have a rare one to offer? This is your forum. Everything related to wireless trades can be discussed here.

Old November 3rd, 2013, 07:17 PM
Kumo163

So, I tried to access the global trade center on my heartgold so I could trade away my ho-oh. However, it had trouble connecting to the net. I'm wondering if it was just a temporary issue, or is it affecting others? I know HG/SS can't trade to X and Y yet. My wi-fi for my pokemon X game was working just fine, however.
Old November 3rd, 2013, 10:21 PM
Absol
Community Supporter

Do you know the connection setting on your router you're using? Is it WEP or WPA/WPA2? 4th Gen games can't trade on WPA/WPA2. They only work on WEP so that could be the problem.
Old November 4th, 2013, 09:11 AM
Azpokeymom

I have having the same issue, so I went to the Game Stop and talked to one of the guys there, that plays the DS and pokemon. He suggested that it could be a problem with my router, not letting my ds on to the wifi, and that I should get a Wi Fi USB Connector for your Nintendo DS ( there is one just for Nintendo, or others that work for Nintendo and other games). I have my hubby looking for one in Appleton today, if he doesn't find one there I am ganna order one online. Once I get it and try it out I will let you know if I have any success.
Old November 4th, 2013, 11:30 AM
Absol
Community Supporter

You can change the settings on the router to enable WiFi to work on your DS. Also, the original DS and the DS lite cannot connect to WPA/WPA2. Everything else can connect to WEP and WPA/WPA2 settings.
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links