Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Gaming > Fifth Generation
Reload this Page B W Gigalith versus [Excadrill]

Notices
For all updates, view the main page.

Fifth Generation Are Pokémon slaves to humans? Team Plasma thinks so. Travel the Unova region and prove them wrong in Black & White, and then return two years later in Black2 & White2.

View Poll Results: Who do you pick?
Gigalith 16 23.53%
Excadrill 52 76.47%
Voters: 68. You may not vote on this poll

Old May 13th, 2012 (03:30 AM).
☆ a sky full of stars
Crystal Tier

Old May 13th, 2012 (03:37 AM).
coven
Platinum Tier

Nature: Relaxed
Although both are great Offensively & Defensively, I prefer Gigalith. For one I've used Gigalith in White and it helped me out alot with it's high Attack & Defense, Excadrill I'm going to be using in Black as I've heard great things about it too but my vote is for Gigalith.
Old May 13th, 2012 (03:37 AM).
You Crystal Clods!
Crystal Tier

Nature: Quirky
Excadrill all the way, has good typing, awesome attacks, good Speed and Attack stats, excellent abilities and not to mention Iris (one of my fave Best Wishes anime characters) has one herself that's totally badass!

Yeah, I'm on Team Excadrill. Sorry Gigalith fans, but pure Rock-types with pitiful Speed just don't make it onto my team.

Excadrill is so badass awesome it got banned to the Uber tier, giving itself a rival in Garchomp. Coupled with Sand Rush, a beneficial nature and a sandstorm user, you have one heavy hitter.
Old May 13th, 2012 (04:28 AM).
Massive Unidentified Terrestrial Organism

There's nothing I like about Gigalith, save Sturdy. But I absolutely love Excadrill. He's a frickn' uber for a reason. Excadrill FTW!

My Trade Shop: http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=324928

This is my OC, Alima! Please be nice to her!

My RP, A Rising Shadow! http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=326137

OOC Topic: http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=326431
Old May 13th, 2012 (04:40 AM).
Former battler

Nature: Naive
I can't help but say that my vote goes for Gigalith i always liked slow Pokemon and it's awesome design wise and compared to Excadrill at least it can live after a Ground type move (AKA Earthquake) so yeah my vote goes to Gigalith (and the fact that it's like the Geodude line makes me like it even more).
Old May 13th, 2012 (06:21 AM).
<insert witty eloquence here>

WHY ARE PEOPLE VOTING FOR THE FUGLY FUGMONSTER THAT IS GIGALITH!?

Excadrill is one of the best Pokemon to come out of Unova for so many reasons: look at how cool and stylish and funky it is; look at its awesome typing and cool moveset; look at its amazing Attack and HP stats; and don't you just want to pet it slightly? If you tried to pet Gigalith, you'd probably need a tetanus shot afterwards... yeesh!
Old May 13th, 2012 (06:41 AM).
Back

Nature: Gentle
Wow, I prefer Excadrill, and by far. I don't especially like it, but I appreciate its double type. And, we needed another mole Pokémon.
Concerning Gigalith, it's just one of the many awful-looking Pokémon of the 5G, it and its pre-evolution. Seriously, a gemstone Pokémon, it was a good idea, but Gigalith only looks like a monster drawn by a kid (anyway I though of that when I saw it the first time). And, we have way better rock-type Pokémons... Even if Excadrill isn't especially strong, it's double-type is almost undivided.

Old May 13th, 2012 (06:55 AM).

Purely going on design, it's Excadrill by far for me
Old May 13th, 2012 (04:19 PM).
Nyeh?
Gold Tier

Nature: Hasty
Send a message via Yahoo to PlatinumDude Send a message via Skype™ to PlatinumDude
Excadrill all the way. Its design is cool, and it has a high base 135 Attack, despite being only 2 feet tall. It can also sweep through most teams in Sandstorm thanks to Sand Rush.

Old May 13th, 2012 (04:26 PM).
CoquettishCat
Crystal Tier

While Gigalith has by far the cooler shiny sprite, I went with Excadrill. When I look at it and think of its power, I just think how cool it is. I tried to use Gigalith competitively once and it just dragged me downnnn. D;

Theme * Pair * VM * PM

Not all men...

Are all men stupid?

That's right.

Old May 13th, 2012 (05:31 PM).
Blathering Fool

Nature: Lax
Excadrill just positively destroys. I don't know what else to say about him other than that. There's not a single offensive based requirement that he does not excel in.

"Somewhere off in a distant world, an island exists, where the ocean only meets the sand, where the weather is always warm. An adventure begins, traveling from the vast lands into the deep seas, chasing into the heart of the tropics, where the plants are vibrant and the beasts are fantastic. We will find each other there, chasing the fleeting dreams of a land full of beauty and potential."
Old May 13th, 2012 (07:07 PM).
☆ a sky full of stars
Crystal Tier

Y'all are crazy, Excadrill can easily defeat Boldore and is much more powerful :3
Old May 13th, 2012 (07:29 PM).
Kalos Elite
Super ModeratorCS

Nature: Timid
This is a question? Excadrill all the way. Much stronger, faster, and just...a better Pokemon to use, imo. I think it looks better too.

"I'm burning up with my hatred for you, runt!"

pair
Old May 14th, 2012 (01:17 AM).
My life would suck without you
Crystal Tier

Nature: Adamant
Send a message via Skype™ to vaporeon7
The only thing that Gigalith has is awesome shiny colours, that's it. Excadrill has a cool design and good typing. Not to mention being wonderful competitively.
Old May 14th, 2012 (01:20 AM).

I don't care about stats. Gigalith actually looks cool and reasonable as a Pokemon. Granted, it's a rock but a -sentient- rock. It still work as a rock with that design. Excadrill...has a spike extending from it's head...why...just why...

I made that mouse thing up there. Also, I sometimes get the girl.
Old May 14th, 2012 (03:09 AM).

Nature: Quiet
Voting only by design I think Gigalith looks way more awesome, I also really like it's shiny sprite.
Old May 14th, 2012 (04:23 AM).
✧ leave it to me!

I've never used either, but I prefer Excadrill in terms of stats, design (though I think Gigalith's is also pretty cool) and typing.
Old May 14th, 2012 (04:37 AM).
You Crystal Clods!
Crystal Tier

What's weird about the two subjects here was that their pre-evos were the only Shinies I ran into so far in Black.

I encountered a Shiny Boldore in Twist Mountain, but sadly ran away.

I did end up catching a Shiny Drilbur in Chargestone Cave. He is now an Excadrill.

So, I see Team Excadrill is currently outranking Team Gigalith. I know that Excadrill's attack diversity is much better than Gigalith.
Old May 14th, 2012 (09:12 AM).
VOLT TACKLE >:D

Nature: Lonely
I love excadrill cause of its typing (steel types are the best) but this round i went with looks. Gigalith looks so hardcore just look at him! If it were a battle between the two I'm pretty sure he would lose (unless excadrill uses dig for some reason and giga goes for the eq) but judging by looks the spikes and sharp rocks goes well on him. excadrill on the other hand has random red splotches and the horns on his knees looks off. Gigalith all the way

Finished the FR/LG monotype a loooooong time ago. Not that anyone cares though.
Old May 14th, 2012 (10:13 AM).
Momentai :D
Crystal Tier

Excadrill. There's absolutely no contest here in my mind. It's 500billion times better in battle and looks 800% cooler. Plus it's a freaking mole omg cute. <3 Also I adore Steel types and Ground types but I love fast Pokemon so yeah, it quadruple wins. :3
Old May 14th, 2012 (07:40 PM).
The Horoscopical Master

There both powerhouses in offense but excadrill is better because it is more useful if gigalith was rock/GROUND THAN i would have used it because imo gigalith is better looking than excadrill

The Aquarius loves a party. Anytime, anywhere is their motto. It is not unlikely that an Aquarius will consider a wake a good place to meet chicks. Aquarians love to be naked. It is even better if they are naked and crocked. Froot Loops is a very Aquarian cereal. So is Rice Krispies, since it will engage in a friendly chat with the Aquarian as he or she is eating breakfast. Count Chocula is off-limits, however. It belongs to the Scorpios. Aquarians use the phrase "Dude, man..." frequently when describing philosophical concepts. Aquarians have out-of-body experiences on a daily basis. If you are talking to an Aquarian and he or she zones out, consider the conversation hopeless. He or she is talking to the guy three feet away from you. Aquarians are fun because they channel people. Plus, if you tell them to, they will run around naked. Aquarians like astronomy because they've been to all those places. If you want to know what the food is like on Saturn, ask an Aquarius. Aquarians can allow themselves every possible vice on the planet, and don't think twice about it. That is why they piss everyone else off. They are cosmically entitled to do this.
Old May 15th, 2012 (05:56 AM).
ღ Fairy Wind ღ
Silver Tier

Nature: Modest
Quote originally posted by Mr Cat Dog:
WHY ARE PEOPLE VOTING FOR THE FUGLY FUGMONSTER THAT IS GIGALITH!?

Excadrill is one of the best Pokemon to come out of Unova for so many reasons: look at how cool and stylish and funky it is; look at its awesome typing and cool moveset; look at its amazing Attack and HP stats; and don't you just want to pet it slightly? If you tried to pet Gigalith, you'd probably need a tetanus shot afterwards... yeesh!
BECAUSE IT ROCKS.
It's not a Pokemon to take for granite. True, its appearance is nothing to marble at, but if I remember, and don't quartz me on it, but it's also the only third stage evolutionary Pokemon that's a pure Rock-Type.

But in all seriousness, I love Gigalith much more than Excadrill.
Old May 15th, 2012 (06:02 AM).
No title to see here, go away
Crystal Tier

Nature: Jolly
This is going to be obvious for me... EXCADRILL FTW!!!
I love this pokemon, great attack and HP stats, nice moves and beasting abilities makes it a great pokemon...
Old May 15th, 2012 (07:07 AM).
Parasitic Person

Nature: Calm
One only needs to look at the competitive value of both Pokémon to see that Excadrill is superior in just about every way. It battles at the top of the mountain in the Uber tier, while Gigalith is all the way down in NU.

A very easy choice, here.

^This team is currently unbeaten.

I make all of my Pokémon with Pokégen, a hacking program. If I'm using them in battle, they are all perfectly legal.
Old May 15th, 2012 (08:54 AM).

Nature: Hasty
Send a message via Skype™ to Xander Olivieri
I have both Excadrill which I caught fairly late in the game and a Gigalith which I caught early in the game. Every time I used Excadrill, it was brutally murdered by the opponent before getting off any good hits while Gigalith tanked everything like a pro. I used Gigalith all the way through the story.

My vote is for Gigalith.
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

You may also like.. (Beta)