Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Gaming > Fifth Generation

Notices
For all updates, view the main page.

Fifth Generation Are Pokémon slaves to humans? Team Plasma thinks so. Travel the Unova region and prove them wrong in Black & White, and then return two years later in Black2 & White2.

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old June 10th, 2012 (05:11 AM).
Blue
c'est la vie
Community Supporter

Nature: Relaxed
I wouldn't even call Keledo's "Forme" a forme at all, if anything it's just an extension on it's current features which is an elongated horn and mane.
Old June 10th, 2012 (05:39 AM). Edited June 10th, 2012 by Guy.
Guy
just a guy

Send a message via Skype™ to Guy
Quote originally posted by Trask3000:
Do note that there are less forms introduced in Black 2 & White 2 than there were in Platinum. They're just spread across more Pokémon

Platinum (7)
Fan Rotom
Frost Rotom
Heat Rotom
Mow Rotom
Wash Rotom
Giratina Origin Forme
Shaymin Sky Forme

Black2/White2 (6)
Tornadus Sacred Beast Forme
Thundurus Sacred Beast Forme
Landorus Sacred Beast Forme
Black Kyurem
White kyurem
Keldeo Resolute Form
Don't forget Meloetta and her Piroquette Form as Black and White and B2W2 are still within the same generation.

I feel like you hit the nail on the head when you said they're spreading it across more Pokémon now compared to before, as that's exactly my point. Platinum only gave us three Pokémon who had the ability to change forms. Here we have six Pokémon who have this ability and I just feel like GameFreak is going a little bit overboard with the idea, and I'm afraid they'll only continue to do so in future generations to come. I don't know maybe it's just me, but that's just how I see it. What was once a cool concept that began with Deoxys now just feels like a cheap way to give buyers some reason to buy a new game. Even though it has always been used as a selling point, it feels more like it now than before.

I know we can only see Keldeo's head in the cover scan, but other than a few aesthetic changes to Keldeo's design it looks like very little effort was put into this new "Resolution form." I can definitely see its mentors playing a part in its transformation though, given the three extensive colors on its mane representing Cobalion, Terrakion, and Virizion. Other than that, a likely power boost to go with it and maybe a new ability, it's nothing to write home about in my opinion.
Old June 10th, 2012 (05:42 AM). Edited June 10th, 2012 by wombateiro.
wombateiro
Trainer

Quote originally posted by Suicune™:
I wouldn't even call Keledo's "Forme" a forme at all, if anything it's just an extension on it's current features which is an elongated horn and mane.
No matter how you will call it - extension or something, it's new form. Every change of current Pokemon introduced in the same generation is new form, no matter how much is changed. Also it's not wise to judge after seeing only small part of new form.

Quote originally posted by Aerilyn:

Don't forget Meloetta and her Piroquette Form as Black and White and B2W2 are still within the same generation.
This form shouldn't be counted because it's available in original B/W.
Old June 10th, 2012 (05:55 AM).
PlatinumDude
Nyeh?
Community Supporter

Nature: Hasty
Send a message via Yahoo to PlatinumDude Send a message via Skype™ to PlatinumDude
I'm not liking Keldeo's new forme at all. I mean, it just has a bigger horn and mane with no other drastic changes.

I was also expecting Keldeo to look a bit more like the other musketeers, but I was so disappointed when I saw the new forme.

Old June 10th, 2012 (06:00 AM).
Forever
let it go

Um... yeah so this isn't terrible, but still. Keldeo was nice before, why change the pretty pony and give it more references to MLP?! Also why not reveal this earlier when there was the big thing about Keldeo as a whole... but the fact that you couldn't even get it in B/W like normal leading up to this and now they announce it for B2W2, that's kinda weird.
Old June 10th, 2012 (06:08 AM).
Guy
just a guy

Quote originally posted by wombateiro:
This form shouldn't be counted because it's available in original B/W.
In my first post before that, I was referring to GameFreak's use of alternate Pokémon forms in the fifth generation as a whole and not just in B2W2, which is why I did include it.
Old June 10th, 2012 (09:19 AM).
OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire
10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Community Supporter

Nature: Careful
Well it does seem kind of older, I like it (what's shown)
I'm thinking that the three Muskeeters will surround it like in BW only this time instead of a new move it'll gain a new forme.
So think Victini will get one?
Old June 10th, 2012 (09:33 AM).
voicerocker
Psyduck

When the new Keldeo forme was first announced, I was actually somewhat disappointed. Everyone assumed it would get a "more mature, adult" forme, which I felt just didn't feel was right for Keldeo. I'm extremely happy with what Game Freak did instead. Keldeo still holds on to the aspect of being the "youngster" but the new horn shows it can hold its own in battle like the other Musketeers.

Pokemon White 2 Team:
Old June 10th, 2012 (10:38 AM).
Xander Olivieri

Send a message via Skype™ to Xander Olivieri
Quite frankly, GameFreak is beginning to push the limits a bit with the number of new forms they are introducing this generation and I really wish they wouldn't.
Quote originally posted by Trask3000:
Do note that there are less forms introduced in Black 2 & White 2 than there were in Platinum. They're just spread across more Pokémon

Platinum (7)
Fan Rotom
Frost Rotom
Heat Rotom
Mow Rotom
Wash Rotom
Giratina Origin Forme
Shaymin Sky Forme

Black2/White2 (6)
Tornadus Sacred Beast Forme
Thundurus Sacred Beast Forme
Landorus Sacred Beast Forme
Black Kyurem
White kyurem
Keldeo Resolute Form
Well since Aerilyn said per generation, you have more Pokemon to add to the numbers.

Darmanitan Zen Mode
Meloetta Pirouette Form

Though Gen 4 wise you have to count their aesthetic changes as well.
Burmy Leaf Cloak
Burmy Sand Cloak
Burmy Trash Cloak

These three are aesthetic changes for Burmy that has it evolve into the same Pokemon in different forms.

Cherrim Sunny Form

Though this is just an aesthetic change like Keldeo's Cherrim goes from her covered up flower to a blooming flower.

Gen 3 Only introduced two Pokemon that could Change form
Deoxys and Castform. Which has 8 Forms for Generation 3, 6 if you do not count Original forms.

So really we haven't gotten that many more than when they first started adding forms.
Old June 10th, 2012 (11:01 AM).
mineox100
Hey.

Nature: Calm
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to mineox100 Send a message via Skype™ to mineox100
I guess people are OK with normal formes, but not with legendary formes, that's why no one cared about the other forms like Cherrim, etc.
Old June 10th, 2012 (11:07 AM).
Jellicent♀
ღ Fairy Wind ღ
Community Supporter

Nature: Modest
"The first image of CoroCoro's cover has been revealed and has shown Keldeo's Resolution Form. This form is only a slight change to Keldeo's appearance but features a long blue horn and a longer mane." - Serebii.

Spoiler:

It...meh, is a little disappointing. I was hoping for more than this. I was hoping for like, a more adult look to it. Like a Rapidash effect or something. Idk, I LIKE IT, but I wish it was a little more. :c
#427 Buneary
Supporter Collab January 2015
babies l blog
Old June 10th, 2012 (11:20 AM).
wombateiro
Trainer

In my first post before that, I was referring to GameFreak's use of alternate Pokémon forms in the fifth generation as a whole and not just in B2W2, which is why I did include it.
But you replied to Trask3000's post about form introduced only in later versions (Platinum and B2/W2). That's why I said Meloetta shouldn't be counted because it's form is already available in original B/W. You don't need to buy B2/W2 to get new form of Meloetta.

Also, new forms of Kami Trio can be caught from one source (Dream Radar) without even having original Kami Trio members caught. From that point of view, those forms work like Rotom forms - all are available at once. The only difference is that you have to spend more time playing to get them.
Old June 10th, 2012 (11:21 AM).
Community Supporter

I'm hoping the rest or Keldeo looks taller and larger at least a mid sized pony.
Old June 10th, 2012 (12:37 PM).
SolarAbusoru
Go Go PokéRangers

Nature: Adamant
First off, Keldeo is a Foal, aka infant horse, not a pony.
secondly, and this is wishful Thinking, I am hoping for this form to be bipedal, it'd add that little bit more neatness to it and make it more of a change.
I've created my own prediction for the form, IF it is bipedal.
Spoiler:

Lover of all things Pokémon and Nintendo, and Atlus
Signature Pokémon: Luxray
Old June 10th, 2012 (01:06 PM).
Guy
just a guy

Quote originally posted by XanderO:
Well since Aerilyn said per generation, you have more Pokemon to add to the numbers.

Darmanitan Zen Mode
Meloetta Pirouette Form

Though Gen 4 wise you have to count their aesthetic changes as well.
Burmy Leaf Cloak
Burmy Sand Cloak
Burmy Trash Cloak

These three are aesthetic changes for Burmy that has it evolve into the same Pokemon in different forms.

Cherrim Sunny Form

Though this is just an aesthetic change like Keldeo's Cherrim goes from her covered up flower to a blooming flower.

Gen 3 Only introduced two Pokemon that could Change form
Deoxys and Castform. Which has 8 Forms for Generation 3, 6 if you do not count Original forms.

So really we haven't gotten that many more than when they first started adding forms.
Quote originally posted by mineox100:
I guess people are OK with normal formes, but not with legendary formes, that's why no one cared about the other forms like Cherrim, etc.
What Mineox said. The forms I'm more referring to are those that go beyond just a change in appearance, but stat or ability changes too such as those mentioned by Trask3000. Other forms that just change appearance (i.e. Sawsbuck, Castform, etc.) really aren't a big deal. So, yes, Womadam's forms would be considered another for DPPt.

However, I forgot about Darmanitan being included in the prior list, because when it goes into its Zen Mode, its stats and ability are changed. So that's one more to add to Gen V's use of alternate forms in terms of more than just aesthetic changes.

Quote originally posted by wombateiro:
But you replied to Trask3000's post about form introduced only in later versions (Platinum and B2/W2). That's why I said Meloetta shouldn't be counted because it's form is already available in original B/W. You don't need to buy B2/W2 to get new form of Meloetta.

Also, new forms of Kami Trio can be caught from one source (Dream Radar) without even having original Kami Trio members caught. From that point of view, those forms work like Rotom forms - all are available at once. The only difference is that you have to spend more time playing to get them.
...and before that he replied to my post referring to the forms of Gen V overall and not just specific to B2W2 alone.

It's not really a big deal if I'm honest, but speaking just for myself, I'd personally prefer it if GameFreak kept the alternate forms for Pokémon to a minimum rather than go overboard with it. Next thing we know, Gen VI could be shrouded with even more than we're getting now. I liked it more when people viewed the different forms as a unique factor. Now it's become something that's to be expected.

I just hope Keldeo's form is the last one they are adding for B2W2. I really wouldn't like it for Genesect to get his own form too. It'd definitely be a bit too much with no real reason to warrant one if they went down that road in my opinion.
Old June 10th, 2012 (02:44 PM).
Community Supporter

What Mineox said. The forms I'm more referring to are those that go beyond just a change in appearance, but stat or ability changes too such as those mentioned by Trask3000. Other forms that just change appearance (i.e. Sawsbuck, Castform, etc.) really aren't a big deal. So, yes, Womadam's forms would be considered another for DPPt.

However, I forgot about Darmanitan being included in the prior list, because when it goes into its Zen Mode, its stats and ability are changed. So that's one more to add to Gen V's use of alternate forms in terms of more than just aesthetic changes.

...and before that he replied to my post referring to the forms of Gen V overall and not just specific to B2W2 alone.

It's not really a big deal if I'm honest, but speaking just for myself, I'd personally prefer it if GameFreak kept the alternate forms for Pokémon to a minimum rather than go overboard with it. Next thing we know, Gen VI could be shrouded with even more than we're getting now. I liked it more when people viewed the different forms as a unique factor. Now it's become something that's to be expected.

I just hope Keldeo's form is the last one they are adding for B2W2. I really wouldn't like it for Genesect to get his own form too. It'd definitely be a bit too much with no real reason to warrant one if they went down that road in my opinion.

Uh Castform changes typing too though... so it's not only aesthestic

Anyways back on topic it could be possible that Genosect might have another forme since it's kind of a robot, maybe it has a mecha like transformation...
Old June 10th, 2012 (04:59 PM).
Guy
just a guy

Quote originally posted by Magmaruby and Aquasapphire:
Uh Castform changes typing too though... so it's not only aesthestic

Anyways back on topic it could be possible that Genosect might have another forme since it's kind of a robot, maybe it has a mecha like transformation...
Completely forgot that Castform changed its typing, but you got what I meant anyway!

It honestly wouldn't surprise me if they pulled out a new form for Genesect, but I'm really hoping that they don't.
Old June 10th, 2012 (05:12 PM).
Community Supporter

Considering that Genosect isn't revealed yet they could make a new forme and keep it hidden for awhile.
I hope they tell us how to get the new Keldeo forme since they're suppose to mention how Kyurem changes formes (in game) in this Corocoro issue.
Old June 10th, 2012 (06:11 PM).
Bluerang1
pin pin

Nature: Relaxed
I called Keldeo's New Forme from day 1! I knew they'd be a forme of it that'd look stronger like the Musketeer trio. From what we've seen, it still looks young though.
Old June 10th, 2012 (06:43 PM).
Xander Olivieri

Send a message via Skype™ to Xander Olivieri

According to pokejungle before, Keldeo's form change was aesthetic only. It retained its type and current stats.
Old June 10th, 2012 (08:04 PM).
Perrie ✿
11/05/1982 - 13/07/2013
Community Supporter

I'm not too hyped about Keldeo's new forme. It's not hugely brilliant. Although I am judging from the small image we have. I don't think the type will change, the base stats will probably change with the offenses being altered. Since Keldeo is special attack oriented, it'll change to attack.
Old June 10th, 2012 (08:06 PM).
Forever
let it go

Quote originally posted by SolarAbusoru:
First off, Keldeo is a Foal, aka infant horse, not a pony.
secondly, and this is wishful Thinking, I am hoping for this form to be bipedal, it'd add that little bit more neatness to it and make it more of a change.
I've created my own prediction for the form, IF it is bipedal.
Spoiler:
Oh yeah um, I really don't want it to stand, considering ponies/horses (STILL IS A PONY TO MEEEE) usually... Don't, lol.
Old June 10th, 2012 (08:21 PM).
FrozenInfernoZX
Legendary Trainer ZX

Nature: Adamant
Send a message via AIM to FrozenInfernoZX
I can understand why some people may think that these new pokemon "Formes" are getting out of hand, but I feel that Pokemon is pokemon. Pokemon is so expansive and adding new formes and such is just a welcome addition. I like to pick and choose the pokemon for my team. I like dual typed 3rd staged pokemon. I welcome these new formes and it's just giving us more options whether we use them or not.
Old June 10th, 2012 (10:24 PM).
JudgeDreddigon
Beginning Trainer

I find forme changes ok, but I absolutely love them when they have a story to go along with. The forme changes for kyurem, the genie trio, and keldeo are looking to having a rich back story, so I think it's awesome. I think it's too much when they just start making formes for anything, but it seems they had all these formes planned since bw.
Old June 10th, 2012 (10:52 PM).
awolfsquared
Goomy is love, Goomy is life.
Community Supporter

Send a message via Skype™ to awolfsquared
I'm not too jazzed about Keldeo's new form. With the Kami trio's forms though, I was a little more ecstatic about , but it seems to me with Keldeo's they're just throwing more formes for no real purpose. I don't think I want any more, the ones we have are good enough.

So far it's Resolution form looks like the Usual form but with a little extra features. Though, I may be wrong on that since the full hasn't been revealed yet. Maybe the rest of the body will have aesthetic changes. I'm hoping it has body features similar to the musketeers, but shorter.
#704 Goomy
Supporter Collab January 2015
tumblr | ask me things
paired to hikamaru
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links