Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > ROM Hacking > Hacks Studio > Sideshow Showcase
Reload this Page Other hack: Pokemon Neo Y & Neo X

Notices
For all updates, view the main page.

Sideshow Showcase The place to show side-projects that you're working on, for the small yet still big things you want to do, such as translation patches, "386" patches, and anything small like that.
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Old 3 Weeks Ago (11:45 AM). Edited 5 Hours Ago by Flintiex.

Pokemon Neo X - Neo Y
Base Game: Pokemon X/Y
Current Version: 1.2
Released: 5/6/15

Updated: 5/30/15

Neo X & Neo Y are rom hacks of Pokemon X and Y designed to offer the player greater difficulty through expanded trainers and better variety through edited wild Pokemon encounters along with a plethora of other features. NeoX&Y are pretty much identical at this stage.

Full and Lite Versions
  • Full version contains all the features mentioned below
  • Lite version contains only edited trainers and wild Pokemon encounters

Main Features:
  • Trainers
    - A more consistent but much harder level curve to greatly increase difficulty
    - Many trainers now have a greater amount of Pokemon with custom movesets, higher IVs and items
    - Gym leaders have been significantly upgraded. The get progressively tougher in terms of amount of Pokemon, IVs, Mega-Evolution, movesets and items
    - There are a greater number of rotation, double and triple battles

• Pokemon (See documentation for detailed information)
    - X & Y already had a good amount of wild encounters but I improved on them further and adjusted a lot of areas to offer greater variety.
    - All previously unavailable Pokemon are now included - Eg; Rattata
    - Most Pokemon now have easy access to their Hidden abilities. Pokemon who had comparatively non-beneficial abilities have been given a new set entirely
    - Many Pokemon have had their stats slightly edited to make them comparatively viable; Some have also had their typing edited Eg; Golduck is now Water/Psychic
    - A lot of Pokemon have had their level up moveset edited to either match that of ORAS or improve those who didn't have a great moveset to begin with
    A few moves themselves have been edited. Disarming voice and Bubble/bubblebeam are now Physical moves because the game severely lacked physical moves for Water and Fairy Pokemon making them useless in the beginning of the game. HMs such as cut have had their typing changed and BP boosted
    - Pokemon who needed to be traded to evolve can now be evolved by alternate methods (usually by level up)
    - Pokemon who can mega evolve such as Mawile will have a small chance of carrying a new rare item from team flare, a mega ball.This ball, if held by the Pokemon will allow you to mega evolve Pokemon who normally couldn't mega evolve until you found their respective stone post-game
    - All Pokemon eggs now hatch extremely quickly

• Storyline
    - The storyline has been edited to make it a little more interesting and controversial (are you doing the right thing?)
    - Team flare have a new ranking order (Leader Lysandre - Deputy Leader Xerosic - four Elemental admins - Commanders - Grunts)
    - Elemental admins are much stronger and use diverse teams according to their element
    - You now have more battles with Shauna, Tierno and Trevor. Most of these are optional and are initiated by seeking out and talking to trainers in areas - Eg; Santalune Forest

Screenshots

Also check out TheeMikeyj's debut LP of the game

Install Guide
(Few parts in DL have been updated and simplified but this is still very helpful)
[video=youtube;vEQqDrAMnvg]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vEQqDrAMnvg[/video]

Help Needed
(Full credit will be given for helping with these)
  • Documentation; PK3DS has dumped all the base info for me however, I would love for someone who's good at design to create neater and more visual documentation (Similar to what Drayano does!)
  • Bug Catching; Of course this is going to have some bugs and inconsistencies as it's first release. If you could report all bugs to me I can get them fixed up for next release!

Credits:
Spoiler:
  • Kaphotics for the amazing work on PK3DS and the ProjectPokemon community which made this project possible!
  • Asia81 for the effort and simplicity of making it possible to decompress the games and allow me to edit them!
  • SciresM for the 3ds rom builder!
  • SMOKE for having the amazing patience to help with a very tedious game-breaking bug!
  • Kamukoxicblood for the banner!
  • Gudenaurock for the custom patcher!
  • Shadowtrance for screenshots!
  • GamingAori for bug testing
  • Ericzander for helping with guide and making a video tutorial!
  • Mg1189 for documentation

Help:
Bugs:
  • Talking to trainers post-battle sometimes will bring up empty bubbles, ignore.
  • Have at least two Pokemon in your team for Viola or the game will crash
  • Occasional visual mishap with rotation battles clashing with backgrounds

Changelog:
Spoiler:
  • 1.1 - host a clean ups and simplification of the install process!
  • 1.2 - Overhauled abilities, many wild encounter edits, text edits, new rival battles, move changes included, many evolution re-edits and plethora of level up edits
  • 1.25 - Complete visualized Documentation, massive cleanups, initial dialogue edited a lot and a lot more stat, abilities re-edits. Many bugs sorted out too. Most polished version.
Old 3 Weeks Ago (07:33 PM).
FireRed and Emerald hacks are where it's at.

Nature: Lonely
A 6TH GEN HACK?!!?!? OMG Amazing! But we need a Gateway PC? If that's true, lots of people won't be able to play. :/ Plus the tutorial, oml, so much stuff. lol But I'll still need to see some screenshots. You might as well use your phone and try to take some screenshots. :]

Old 3 Weeks Ago (05:20 AM).

Quote originally posted by BlackStorm20x:
A 6TH GEN HACK?!!?!? OMG Amazing! But we need a Gateway PC? If that's true, lots of people won't be able to play. :/ Plus the tutorial, oml, so much stuff. lol But I'll still need to see some screenshots. You might as well use your phone and try to take some screenshots. :]
Thanks! I hope this encourages more people to buy a Gateway to play 6th gen hacks. LOL I hope someone with the right software can take come nice screenshots/a video for me phone pictures would not look very professional.
Old 3 Weeks Ago (07:26 AM).
The Master of YamiNoGames

Nature: Adamant
I'm playing this now and whoa! Thisois amazing! I only played up to Viola's gym, but this is quality stuff!
Old 3 Weeks Ago (07:47 AM).

Quote originally posted by Sceptile90:
I'm playing this now and whoa! Thisois amazing! I only played up to Viola's gym, but this is quality stuff!
Thank you that means a lot!! Are you able to take any screenshots/video I'd really appreciate it

Also, released version 1.02 and added a changelog to the description!
Old 3 Weeks Ago (08:22 AM).

I smell a fake
Old 3 Weeks Ago (08:32 AM).

Quote originally posted by tommzy09:
I smell a fake
LOL I can assure you this is the real deal I have been working on this project for months.
Old 3 Weeks Ago (09:21 AM).
The Master of YamiNoGames

Nature: Adamant
Quote originally posted by sonicmfc:
Thank you that means a lot!! Are you able to take any screenshots/video I'd really appreciate it

Also, released version 1.02 and added a changelog to the description!
I don't have a capture card, so sadly, no. I ordered one today, but it might be a few days before I get it.
Old 3 Weeks Ago (10:32 AM).

Quote originally posted by Sceptile90:
I don't have a capture card, so sadly, no. I ordered one today, but it might be a few days before I get it.
That's great I look forward to it arriving. I suggest you update if you're still early on to the newly released V1.04 BTW.

Alright so 1.04/0.94 is here! I highly recommend everyone re-reads the description and update to this version.
Old 3 Weeks Ago (03:25 PM).

This is looking nice. I didn't see, but is this a 719/721 hack? If so, did you use the randomizer portion of PK3DS? Or did you edit the wilds manually? I was planning on releasing my small hack of Omega Ruby. But never got around to doing so. Good job!
Old 3 Weeks Ago (03:26 PM).

Quote originally posted by tommzy09:
I smell a fake
It's not fake, 6th gen hacking has existed since the beginning of 2015 (or earlier)
Old 3 Weeks Ago (03:48 PM).

don't you have to post at least a few pictures if it's a release?
just can't trust it yet.
Old 3 Weeks Ago (05:29 AM).
.. and so are we
Platinum Tier

Nature: Relaxed
Great to finally see a Gen VI hack, X & Y certainly needed a buff up in difficulty. Unfortunately I don't have a capture card, but it looks like you've done a good job with this project!
Old 3 Weeks Ago (08:14 AM).

Quote originally posted by Blue:
Great to finally see a Gen VI hack, X & Y certainly needed a buff up in difficulty. Unfortunately I don't have a capture card, but it looks like you've done a good job with this project!
Thanks X and Y definitely did it got to the point were I was put of the game by how easy it was especially gyms and bosses!

Note:The download has been updated along with the main post for the release of the lite version.
Old 1 Week Ago (04:41 AM).

1.07 has been released bringing many quick fixes and the introduction of wild encounter changes which I forgot to add to the original. The main post has been updated with screenshots too
Old 1 Week Ago (01:28 PM).

Hi, I'm very exited by the posibility of playing an enhanced version of pokemon Y and I appreciate your time and effort to do this.
Regarding the downloads and how to patch the game, is there any other way to decrypt the ROM than using rxtool? I have tried several times to do it with my 4.2 FW console (used to run gateway) but nothing seems to work. Is there any program to let me do it?
And, if there any posibility to use an easier patcher without having to compile everything again?

Thank you for the release!
Old 1 Week Ago (02:33 PM).

Quote originally posted by MetaGouki:
Hi, I'm very exited by the posibility of playing an enhanced version of pokemon Y and I appreciate your time and effort to do this.
Regarding the downloads and how to patch the game, is there any other way to decrypt the ROM than using rxtool? I have tried several times to do it with my 4.2 FW console (used to run gateway) but nothing seems to work. Is there any program to let me do it?
And, if there any posibility to use an easier patcher without having to compile everything again?

Thank you for the release!
Hey,
This tutorial has an alternative method I think will work for you (Scroll down to without internet section).

Also, the patching process has been simplified and so has rebuilding with the release of the rom rebuilder

I've just released a new mini update all it does it fix a few text mishaps but you may as well redownload. And I've added some more screenshots to front page
Old 1 Week Ago (04:17 AM).

i have firmwarre 9.7 is there anyway to get this on my ds or am i muk out of luck because following the tot u gave did not help i am at a dead end
Old 1 Week Ago (05:24 AM).

Quote originally posted by bluball:
i have firmwarre 9.7 is there anyway to get this on my ds or am i muk out of luck because following the tot u gave did not help i am at a dead end
Aw man sorry you're gonna need a lower firmware version to get this working with Gateway

1.08 released fixing a crash at the first team flare grunt battle

Sponsored Links