The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > ROM Hacking > Hacks Studio > Sideshow Showcase
Reload this Page HeartGold Kris\Gold In HeartGold & SoulSilver (+Decapitalization & SacredGold/StormSilver Support)

Sideshow Showcase The place to show side-projects that you're working on, for the small yet still big things you want to do, such as translation patches, "386" patches, and anything small like that.
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Old December 15th, 2015 (5:07 AM). Edited December 16th, 2015 by Hiro TDK.

Kris\Gold In HeartGold & SoulSilver (+Decapitalizaton)

This is a hack for HG/SS that replaces Lyra with Kris. It also gets rid of the ridiculously abundant capitalization and abbreviation. Currently, I have not encountered any bugs. If you find any do not hesitate to inform me. This patch is not version exclusive. As there have been others to do incomplete Kris patches, I'll list some actual changes below. But first, pretty pictures!

List Of Changes
- Both shots Lyra of in opening were replaced with Kris.
- Kris now appears on the character selection screen.
- All of Lyra's overworld sprites we're changed to Kris. This includes handing your Pokemon to the nurse, which was an issue in previous hacks.
- The magnet train animation includes Kris' sprites instead of Lyra's.
- As far as I can tell, all other graphical occurrences of Lyra have been changed to Kris.
- All mentions of Lyra in the script have been changed to Kris.
- Additionally, all mentions of Ethan in the script have been changed to Gold.
- EVERYTHING HAS BEEN DECAPITALIZED
- Furthermore, random acronyms and abbreviations have been replaced in most cases.
- Added descriptions in the PC system.

Possible Future Revisions
-The character naming screen still contains a sprite of Lyra. I have been unable to locate ANY data related to the name input screen in the ROM. If you have any information on this, I will literally jump for god damned joy.
-The bag screen contains a 3D shot of Lyra. I'll eventually be changing this.
-There are two more files with three sprites of Lyra for unknown purposes. If they appear in the game somewhere, I'll change them.

Tools Used
- Tinke: Practically Everything
- BTX Editor: Editing Overworld Spritesheets
- MKDSCM: Editing Overworld Sprites Via In-Built BTX Editor
- TileMolester: Editing Sprites And Textures
- Photoshop: Editing Sprites
- ConsoleTool: Editing Pallettes
- PPRE: Editing Scripts

Additional Credits
- GengarLink10: Kris' Overworld Sprites
- Kimba616: Kris' Pokeathalon Sprites
- BlazingMagmar: HG/SS Golden Editon
indent- Studying his edits, I was able to fix a bug with the trainer backsprites.

Download
[+] Kris/Gold In HeartGold & SoulSilver (+Decapitalization)

UPDATE:
The archive now contains patches for SacredGold & StormSilver. You simply apply the correct patch after you apply the SacredGold or StormSilver patch. I have made an individual patch for each game, though theoretically these shouldn't be version exclusive either. Just in case though... I did not include decapitalization. Drayano did some of this himself, and I am too lazy to run my scripts to finish it off. Again, please tell me of any bugs encountered.

Relevant Advertising!

Old December 15th, 2015 (7:26 AM).
I'mma Wrong Grammar person

Nature: Lonely
can i patch it on sacred gold ?

You must edit it to meet the limits set by the rules before you may remove the [sig-reason] code from your signature. Removing this tag will re-enable it.

Do not remove the tag until you fix the issues in your signature. You may be infracted for removing this tag if you do not fix the specified issues. Do not use this tag for decoration purposes.
Old December 15th, 2015 (10:48 AM).

Nature: Adamant
Quote:
Originally Posted by curiters View Post
can i patch it on sacred gold ?
That's exactly what i was wondering?
Old December 15th, 2015 (10:49 AM).

Because of the script editing, I don't think so. I could probably take a look at Sacred Gold's scripts and make a specific patch for it though.
Old December 15th, 2015 (4:18 PM).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hiro TDK View Post
Because of the script editing, I don't think so. I could probably take a look at Sacred Gold's scripts and make a specific patch for it though.
i hope it can do for sacred gold
Old December 16th, 2015 (1:59 AM).

I have added experimental patches for SacredGold & StormSilver. You simply apply the correct patch after you apply the SacredGold or StormSilver patch. I have made an individual patch for each game, though theoretically these shouldn't be version exclusive either. Just in case though... Again, please tell me of any bugs encountered.
Old December 16th, 2015 (3:32 AM).

Quote:
I have added experimental patches for SacredGold & StormSilver. You simply apply the correct patch after you apply the SacredGold or StormSilver patch. I have made an individual patch for each game, though theoretically these shouldn't be version exclusive either. Just in case though... Again, please tell me of any bugs encountered.

It works pretty well man! The only thing ive see is when you are naming kris, lyra's sprite appeared.
But this one is good tho. Now i can play both sacred gold + moemon +kris sprites.

PS: YOU ARE TRULY HIRO ( HERO ) V
Old December 16th, 2015 (3:33 AM).

Quote:
Originally Posted by e3 View Post
That's exactly what i was wondering?
It works man on sacred gold and storm silver.
Old December 16th, 2015 (3:42 AM).

Quote:
The only thing ive see is when you are naming kris, lyra's sprite appeared.
I'm aware of this. I've been searching for a month and for the life of me I can't find where any of the graphics for that particular screen are stored.
Old December 16th, 2015 (4:33 AM).

Quote:
I'm aware of this. I've been searching for a month and for the life of me I can't find where any of the graphics for that particular screen are stored.
keep it cool. use calm mind.
Old December 16th, 2015 (5:14 AM).

Nature: Adamant
Quote:
It works pretty well man! The only thing ive see is when you are naming kris, lyra's sprite appeared.
But this one is good tho. Now i can play both sacred gold + moemon +kris sprites.

There's a moemon patch for HGSS?
Old December 16th, 2015 (7:14 AM).

Quote:
Originally Posted by e3 View Post
There's a moemon patch for HGSS?
try pokemmo there's a thread dat has moemon replacement for sacred gold
Old December 24th, 2015 (1:55 AM).
ROM Hacker & Programmer !

Nature: Rash
Awesome!

All the Pokémon Manga at Jack Bauer's info !!!

- The Pokécommunity Android app !
Old January 5th, 2016 (7:58 PM). Edited January 6th, 2016 by Spherical Ice.

Yo. So I downloaded this. Opened xdelta GUI (opening xdelta does nothing) put the PATCH in the proper spot and the ROM in the proper spot. It makes a file named "4780 - Pokemon HeartGold (U)(Xenophobia)_patched.nds" but when I load it to either desmume or no$gba nothing happens, the screen just stays white. It'll load the regular ROM but not the patched one. Any ideas why? Thank you

Quote:
Originally Posted by bp1696 View Post
Yo. So I downloaded this. Opened xdelta GUI (opening xdelta does nothing) put the PATCH in the proper spot and the ROM in the proper spot. It makes a file named "4780 - Pokemon HeartGold (U)(Xenophobia)_patched.nds" but when I load it to either desmume or no$gba nothing happens, the screen just stays white. It'll load the regular ROM but not the patched one. Any ideas why? Thank you
Old January 5th, 2016 (11:06 PM).

I'm not sure about the Xenophobia dump, but 4787 is the catalog number for HeartGold as far as I'm aware. Try looking for one with that number, as that is the one that I used.
Old January 6th, 2016 (6:14 AM).

Quote:
I'm not sure about the Xenophobia dump, but 4787 is the catalog number for HeartGold as far as I'm aware. Try looking for one with that number, as that is the one that I used.
its works fine on xenophobia like HG(xenophobia) SS(xenophobia) if you patch first Sacred or storm then apply patch this support SG/SS.

idk if its ok if you patch first this support patch.?
Old January 6th, 2016 (9:38 AM).

Quote:
Nope, that didn't work either. And I tried a couple different 4787...uh...copies of Heart Gold. But nothing. Just to be sure I'm not messing it up, in xDelta GUI, I hit select patch and choose "Kris-Gold-Decap.patch" then I choose select ROM and choose the 4787 .nds file. Then I hit apply patch and it creates a new file with the exact same name except it ends in "_patched". But it's always the same, the original ROM works but the patched one does not. DeSmuME just stays white, but I can still hit pause for some reason. Same thing with no$gba.

As a side note, I downloaded BlazingMagmar's patch that you linked, and that works just fine. But obviously I'd prefer to use yours because of the decapitalization and Gold instead of Ethan if I could get it to work. Thanks for the responses so far.

P.S. In BlazingMagmar's patch, you're given the GB Sounds item by your mom at the very beginning of the game. Is this true with your patch as well?
Old January 6th, 2016 (10:05 PM).

Quote:
Originally Posted by bp1696 View Post
Nope, that didn't work either. And I tried a couple different 4787...uh...copies of Heart Gold. But nothing. Just to be sure I'm not messing it up, in xDelta GUI, I hit select patch and choose "Kris-Gold-Decap.patch" then I choose select ROM and choose the 4787 .nds file. Then I hit apply patch and it creates a new file with the exact same name except it ends in "_patched". But it's always the same, the original ROM works but the patched one does not. DeSmuME just stays white, but I can still hit pause for some reason. Same thing with no$gba.

As a side note, I downloaded BlazingMagmar's patch that you linked, and that works just fine. But obviously I'd prefer to use yours because of the decapitalization and Gold instead of Ethan if I could get it to work. Thanks for the responses so far.

P.S. In BlazingMagmar's patch, you're given the GB Sounds item by your mom at the very beginning of the game. Is this true with your patch as well?

No for this patch, it doesnt have gb sounds to be given at the very beginning. They're two patch separate one is for direct patch and the other one is support for sacred and storm.
Old January 18th, 2016 (8:58 PM).

Hey. I'm having a problem patching this to my game. I have tried multiple different version numbers as well as the xenophobia rom but none of them work past patching storm silver. I've tried everything I can think of. I've tried patching both this patch and storm silver before one another but it doesn't help. My exact issue is that once I go to apply the second flie onto the rom it generates a blank file and doesn't patch my game. How can I fix this?
Old January 26th, 2016 (5:02 AM).

Happy to see this, if you do figure out how to get Kris in sacred gold/stormsilver awesome! Also does anyone know if there is a way to get pokegen to work with hacked games like Storm and Sacred?
Old January 28th, 2016 (1:10 AM).

Quote:

I'm fairly new to this, so excuse the noob question, but: if i wan't to start the game with a specific Pokémon instead of the usuals (Eevee), can i change that with a patch?
Old May 12th, 2016 (11:42 PM).

Does anybody know if there is a version of the SACRED GOLD/STORM SILVER patch that works with v1.05 CLASSIC instead of just the COMPLETE version?

Some people just want the ultimate HGSS experience but without made up moves/learn sets/base stas y'know?

Alternatively, if anyone has all of the Kris files and their Narc addresses I can do this myself.

Thx!
Old May 20th, 2016 (2:03 PM).

Quote:
Originally Posted by metastase View Post
Does anybody know if there is a version of the SACRED GOLD/STORM SILVER patch that works with v1.05 CLASSIC instead of just the COMPLETE version?

Some people just want the ultimate HGSS experience but without made up moves/learn sets/base stas y'know?
If you can point me to the v1.05 Classic, I can take a look.

Quote:
Alternatively, if anyone has all of the Kris files and their Narc addresses I can do this myself.

Thx!
I also have a text file with this very list, as well as all appearances in scripts.
Old May 25th, 2016 (9:45 AM).

Both versions available in a single download here, all compatible with Xenophobia roms:

https://gbatemp.net/threads/pok%C3%A9mon-sacred-gold-storm-silver.327567/

If you could also upload this TXT list/base files for posterity it would be awesome.

Correct me if I'm wrong but I suspect your patch (and other Kris mods) does't work as a complementary generic patch because script changes get in the way of other mods.

A stand alone, Kris aesthetics patch (without scripts/events/Kris name edit) should probably work with pure rebalancing mods since the edited IMGs end up having the same file size and address as the original files.

Failing that, future modders can apply your modded NARCs/replace sprite files directly if the base and files list are provided.

Thx for your work man, really appreciated. I've been looking for this for many years now.
Old May 26th, 2016 (3:52 PM).

I just started and finished the MoonSilver patch and I'm taking a break for some Overwatch.

Basically, I have all of the NARCs modified already. If I need to patch another game, I'll pull up my script locations list, change all mentions of Lyra/Ethan to Kris/Gold in SDSME. Then I'll pull up Tinke and swap out all of the relvant NARCs. It really only takes a few minutes. I'm just a master procrastinator.

As for your idea, that's not bad. I'll upload a RARchive with all of the modified NARCs and text locations so anyone in the future can do it themselves.
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links