Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Gaming > Fifth Generation

Notices
For all updates, view the main page.

Fifth Generation Are Pokémon slaves to humans? Team Plasma thinks so. Travel the Unova region and prove them wrong in Black & White, and then return two years later in Black2 & White2.

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old May 16th, 2012 (04:06 PM). Edited May 16th, 2012 by Hiroshi Sotomura.
Blue
corruption
Community Supporter

Nature: Relaxed
Quote originally posted by Chaos Rush:
Posting pics because I feel like it:

[snip]

So epic...
Them pictures make me want to see that so bad! It looks so good.

Team Platinum
Old May 16th, 2012 (04:17 PM). Edited May 16th, 2012 by Killjoy.
Killjoy
"He was a laser fish."

Nature: Quiet
:O

Thanks for posting those, Suicune! Ridiculously cool

EDIT: Well thanks for quoting those anyway lol
Old May 16th, 2012 (04:23 PM).
Lost Lore
From the Shadows

Nature: Sassy
This... this needs to become an actual anime series. Like now D:

I swear, I was already flipping when I saw the screencaps and then when I got to watch the actual video.... Yes. All my yes. ALL OF MY YESSSSSSSSSSS.

Now I'm all psyched up. I am going to be in such a good mood for the rest of today~

Regions cleared: Johto | Hoenn | Sinnoh | Unova | (More? Let's finish these first~)
~*~*~

~*~*~
Icon credits.
Old May 16th, 2012 (04:26 PM).
Korsola
エレクトロニック

Nature: Jolly
I have a feeling that I'm going to love the direction that Pokemon is going in for Black 2 and White 2. This trailer makes Pokemon seem so mature and so epic. Just the overall feel of it makes me excited.

I'm especially loving the re-design of Elesa. I thought she was such a cool gym leader in Black and White but now she seems tougher and her style seems more unique. Black hair really suits her.
Old May 16th, 2012 (04:45 PM).
Chaos Rush
im sexy and i know it

Nature: Adamant
Quote originally posted by HaloSonic:
I second both thoughts, I'd love to watch an anime/movie based on BW2, it has a story that doesn't feel as banally childish as the previous generations, and for a veteran player, this would be icing on the cake of a surprisingly enjoyable 5th generation.
Hopefully, this garners enough attention to encourage a new completely separate anime series to begin. It would be like, the first time I would watch an anime in over seven years. All I would like is a more mature, less childish Pokemon anime, and one that also has a plot much closer to the games, with absolutely no filler crap at all.

Although preferably I would like for it to start with a Black 1/White 1 adaption (but in the same style as the Black 2/White 2 promotional trailer), so that we know where N, Team Plasma, Bianca, and Cheren came from. Then Season 2 would be a Black 2/White 2 adaption, just like the trailer.
Old May 16th, 2012 (05:03 PM).
Killjoy
"He was a laser fish."

Just watched this, wouldn't load at first, but wow, that was pretty awesome. Which I could understand the characters, though
Old May 16th, 2012 (05:35 PM).
kohei
Pizzaman.

Nature: Mild
After watching this a few times, I hope they switch anime Belle and Kamitsure's voice actresses with the ones in this PV.
Old May 16th, 2012 (06:11 PM).
Kenmoor
Beginning Trainer

Nature: Relaxed
I hate to ruin it for everyone... but someone has to...
1) When this trailer comes to the US/Europe it will be censored as heck. Including Elesa. (Come on now. Shes got that... harness thing... expect a redrawing of her...) For some odd reason the US Pokemon Company Branch likes to censor soooo many things.
2) An anime like the trailer isn't likely to happen. Epic, I admit but... like the others said budget problems, lack of substance/storyline, and etc. are contributing factors as to why an anime won't work. *Gets an urge to kill that vile thing called "Ash"*
3) THE REAL GAME ISN'T LIKE THIS! If it is I'm buying it. I got money to spend... if I don't i'll find a way.
4) I want epic commercials for EVERY Pokemon product now... Don't you?
Don't know if this post sticks to the thread... feel free to delete!
Old May 16th, 2012 (07:13 PM).
Itcheeee

Wow. Wow. Wow.
I think I just got what I've been wishing for scince the original Pokemon anime. Even if it is only a trailer, anime based on the games using the -game- characters <3 The animation is beautiful, compared to the actual anime series. I wish the female protagonist had appeared, but it's probably for cannon reasons she did not.
Old May 16th, 2012 (07:14 PM).
Iceman3317
Kalos Explorer!

My main question is,if these are indeed in the game. How will they fit the pokemon in if their is 300 choices in the game? Are they going to change each and every pokemon we have in the scenes or are we going to have to use the pokemon they show in the main storyline? Another question I have is,are they gonna be in the normal DS version? I think they said a while back that there will be additional features in the 3DS versions of the game.
Old May 16th, 2012 (07:28 PM).
Itcheeee

Quote originally posted by Hikari10:

I love N and Cheren's voices, don't know the voice actors though but they look good.
Their voices couldn't be more fitting for them. Not sure if Bianca's voice actor is the same as her Japanese Best Wishes one, which I haven't heard, but her voice is adorable in this. Even if some of the characters are just grunting or such, it's cool to hear what their voices are intended to sound like.
Old May 16th, 2012 (07:46 PM).
SSJ4 Furanki
Got my Zoroark and everything!

Nature: Hasty
I'm trying to find out who did the voices. So far the only one I'm certain of is the Rival being voiced by Romi Park. And N sounds sort of like Mamoru Miyano. I've heard all of these voices in other Anime, but, those are the only 2 that truly stuck out to me. The Player character sort of sounds like KENN, the voice actor for Judai/Jaden in Yu-Gi-Oh! GX. As others have said, I wish they'd redo the anime and go a route like this.

My X/Y Team:

Old May 16th, 2012 (08:07 PM).
Killjoy
"He was a laser fish."

Lol I like it when Arcanine owns that Siviper. I'm not big on anima, but I would watch this, if it where made into a full series. Heck, if it became a movie, I'd probably hunt it down
Old May 16th, 2012 (08:07 PM).
Twiggy
Slender snake
Community Supporter

Nature: Hasty
Quote originally posted by Iceman3317:
My main question is,if these are indeed in the game. How will they fit the pokemon in if their is 300 choices in the game? Are they going to change each and every pokemon we have in the scenes or are we going to have to use the pokemon they show in the main storyline? Another question I have is,are they gonna be in the normal DS version? I think they said a while back that there will be additional features in the 3DS versions of the game.
1. This is probably just a promotional trailer and nothing more. Probably won't end up in the games.

2. If it does end up in the games, though, I bet it'll be only for scenes without any of the player's Pokémon required to be visible.

3. Nope, not 3DS-enhanced. It is DSi-enhanced, though.
Old May 16th, 2012 (08:13 PM).
Kenshin5
Wanderer

Nature: Mild
Quote originally posted by Iceman3317:
Not sure what you mean by this, if you are alluding to these being cutscenes or going a long with the game. The anime doesn't need to cover every pokemon anyways if it is a anime based on the games. Only additional features I thing thus far are AR for the Kami Trio forms.

Quote originally posted by SSJ4 Furanki:
I'm trying to find out who did the voices. So far the only one I'm certain of is the Rival being voiced by Romi Park. And N sounds sort of like Mamoru Miyano. I've heard all of these voices in other Anime, but, those are the only 2 that truly stuck out to me. The Player character sort of sounds like KENN, the voice actor for Judai/Jaden in Yu-Gi-Oh! GX. As others have said, I wish they'd redo the anime and go a route like this.
This was posted else where so don't take my word for it.

N - Tetsuya Kakihara
Bianca - Ayana Taketatsu
Cheren - Kimura Ryohei
Elesa - Miyuki Sawashiro
Akuroma - Shinichiro Miki
Shadow Triad member - Akira Ishida

Brian - 0089 1621 6313 - White

Old May 16th, 2012 (08:38 PM).
ThunderPom
Zapdos Trainer

Nature: Bashful
OMG! The Shadow Triad! -major fangirl moment-.I want to know more about them. And it's nice to know Elesa doesn't look like a nazi anymore. I swear I wondered what she would look like withbrown hair. ThenI see this. Weird. :O
Old May 16th, 2012 (08:57 PM).
Chaos Rush
im sexy and i know it

Nature: Adamant
Quote:
I hate to ruin it for everyone... but someone has to...
1) When this trailer comes to the US/Europe it will be censored as heck. Including Elesa. (Come on now. Shes got that... harness thing... expect a redrawing of her...) For some odd reason the US Pokemon Company Branch likes to censor soooo many things.
Can't argue with you on that... although something tells me they won't even dub this trailer, its too epic.

Quote:
2) An anime like the trailer isn't likely to happen. Epic, I admit but... like the others said budget problems, lack of substance/storyline, and etc. are contributing factors as to why an anime won't work. *Gets an urge to kill that vile thing called "Ash"*
The games have plenty of substance/storyline to work with, and who says they're limited to it, they're free to include their own subplots and flesh out the characters more. And budget problems? Are you serious? This is freaking POKEMON we're talking about, one of Nintendo's most successful franchises. Don't give us this "budget problems" crap.

Quote:
3) THE REAL GAME ISN'T LIKE THIS! If it is I'm buying it. I got money to spend... if I don't i'll find a way.
The scenes in the trailer all represent an event in the game. Such as receiving your starter Pokemon, talking to the Achroma guy in Castelia, battling Elesa, battling Team Plasma on a ship (possibly in Castelia), and chasing the Shadow Triad on eastern frozen Unova. I bet you that every one of those events will occur in the game (I mean, seriously, are you gonna tell me, "Bianca won't give you a starter Pokemon! And you won't battle Elesa! They just included it in the trailer for fun!")

Quote:
4) I want epic commercials for EVERY Pokemon product now... Don't you?
Yes :3 I also want them to scrap the current Pokemon anime so people will stop viewing Pokemon as something childish. And they need to change that stupid kiddy yellow & blue logo, since the Japanese logos look so much cooler (and changes every 2 generations, unlike the international logo which has never changed >_<)
Old May 17th, 2012 (03:37 AM).
Forever
let it go

Yeaaah I don't think they'll censor the trailer much other than just translate it to English. I didn't really see anything Elesa did as inappropriate tbh. Then again, this is for the games, not the anime, so as far as redrawing goes, it could be a different story and they may not. :3

...also wait if I understood the story correctly, triple battle with you, your rival and Cheren versus Plasma in the games? omg.
Old May 17th, 2012 (04:35 AM).
Hikamaru
i am a fire escape
Community Supporter

Nature: Quirky
Quote originally posted by Kenshin5:
This was posted else where so don't take my word for it.

N - Tetsuya Kakihara
Bianca - Ayana Taketatsu
Cheren - Kimura Ryohei
Elesa - Miyuki Sawashiro
Akuroma - Shinichiro Miki
Shadow Triad member - Akira Ishida
I love the voices there, Miki is one who voices characters in the main Pokemon anime.
Old May 17th, 2012 (04:41 AM).
Elite Overlord LeSabre™
Classic Elegance
Community Supporter

1. FEMALE PROTAGONIST IS WHERE? Seriously, GameFreak has a long history of giving the girls the shaft, and it appears things have not changed in this respect.

2. I would've preferred to see some other Pokemon than Arcanine being all epic and stuff... they are seriously overhyping it for B2/W2.

Otherwise, can't complain. Great animation quality, interesting confrontations, and Elesa comes back! Now I'm wondering if this opens up the possibility of anime cut scenes making it into the actual game...

Elite Overlord LeSabre™
PC Vital Stats
* Pair
* PC Family
* Bishies
* VG Claims
* Friend Codes
Links
* Blog
* Web Site
* Fan Fictions:
* Leaf Green LP
Picture credit: Apple Cakes on deviantArt
Old May 17th, 2012 (07:01 AM).
voicerocker
Psyduck

Finally was able to watch the trailer! I got one word for ya: Wow! O_O

Beautiful animation, awesome music...definitely would be great to see more of this for future games! Seems Game Freak is definitely trying to get the message across that B2/W2 are something special!

As far as an actual series though, I doubt we'd see one replace the current anime. There might be a chance they would do a short side series, but I would say chances are they won't. In-game, we might see them expand the cut scenes a bit, but I'm kinda iffy on whether they'd go with full animation and voice acting for the actual games.

I questioned how a more "mature" version of Pokemon would work, but this trailer showed me that it can be done if handled correctly! And though I don't think it will happen, I'd support a series or movie with this kind of quality!

Quote originally posted by Elite Overlord LeSabre™:
1. FEMALE PROTAGONIST IS WHERE? Seriously, GameFreak has a long history of giving the girls the shaft, and it appears things have not changed in this respect.

I agree they could have put her somewhere. Perhaps we'll see another of these trailers with her having her own adventure since she didn't show up at all in this one?

Pokemon White 2 Team:
Old May 17th, 2012 (08:05 AM).
Cyndafan
The Danish Trainer

Send a message via Skype™ to Cyndafan
I really enjoyed it
IM GOING TO BUY THIS GAME
Old May 17th, 2012 (08:19 AM).
Hikamaru
i am a fire escape
Community Supporter

Quote originally posted by Elite Overlord LeSabre™:

2. I would've preferred to see some other Pokemon than Arcanine being all epic and stuff... they are seriously overhyping it for B2/W2.

Otherwise, can't complain. Great animation quality, interesting confrontations, and Elesa comes back! Now I'm wondering if this opens up the possibility of anime cut scenes making it into the actual game...
The reason they don't heavily showcase female protagonists is cos most Pokemon fans are male. I'd say the ratio is 3 males to 1 female, that's 75% of average Pokemon fans being male.

That's why they left the girl out of the trailer cos most Pokemon fans are boys.

I love Elesa's new design by the way.
Old May 17th, 2012 (08:41 AM).
voicerocker
Psyduck

Anyone else notice that the Pokemon don't say their names like they do in the actual anime? I thought that was a nice touch!

Pokemon White 2 Team:
Old May 17th, 2012 (09:30 AM).
Jellicent♀
ღ Fairy Wind ღ
Community Supporter

Nature: Modest
Quote originally posted by voicerocker:
Anyone else notice that the Pokemon don't say their names like they do in the actual anime? I thought that was a nice touch!
Well they have been known to do this many times before. Jessie's Seviper would sometimes make little noises other than its own name.

And as for LeSabre's point of them over hyping the games:
They have to.
These are brand new games. New Pokemon, new features, new everything. When it comes to GF releasing a new thing, or any company releasing something new, you kind of have to be super excited of it. If you're not proud of your product, your customer won't be excited. As far as using Arcanine goes, it is a VERY well known Pokemon. My mother even knows it and she only knows three Pokemon at best. Using such an appealing Pokemon in their trailer only makes the consumer more excited to see more of this game which can potentially lead to the purchase of said game.

To be honest, it makes sense that they would use Arcanine, as random as it seems. Yes, Emboar may have been slightly more appropriate, but if they want to show that they have included Pokemon from the previous generations into the games, this is a good way to go. Yes, they did show Seviper and whatnot, but you also want to show the hero of the game having a Pokemon from another generation as well, such as Arcanine and Lucario.
#427 Buneary
Supporter Collab January 2015
babies l blog
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links