The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Creative Discussions > Game Development > Games Showcase

Notices

Games Showcase This forum is for games which have a significant amount of progress. Only the most developed games are selected to go in here.
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old July 21st, 2012, 03:49 AM
raffay
Beginning Trainer

Introduction

Hi everyone!

I would like to show you a game which I have created for educational needs. This is a mini Pokemon game. The plot, characters and dialogues are invented by me. It's a short story that will deliver you several minutes of fun.

I would like to emphasize again that this is a mini-educational project (not commercial), so for example, the combat system doesn't contain many dependence. This game doesn't equal to the original Pokemon Game, that is only created by my imagination.

I realize that texts in my game might be not quite correctly, so sorry for my translationn.

The plot

At the beginning you are in the Virdinian Forest. Your main goal is go through the Golden Gateway on the east. To do this you must find 3 stones which open the gate. On your road you find many persons which help you reach your goal. In the high grasses live a lot of wild Pokemons. You have to fight them or catch them. Search information about stones and buy improvements to be stronger during the fight.

Screenshots

(in attachment)

Link

My game was played by over 250 people. Feel free to check my short game, and if you like it, share link.

Link: www.en.game.raffay.pl

All the best
Attached Thumbnails
scr01.png‎   scr02.png‎   scr03.png‎  

Last edited by Maruno; April 5th, 2013 at 10:06 AM. Reason: Fixed link
Old July 21st, 2012, 03:31 PM
KaiVii
Mime Jr.

Nature: Quiet
Its a cool little game, although I am pretty sure English is not your first language? There is a lot of grammar and wording mistakes that I would get edited if you want to show the game around widely. That is my only main issue with it so far although I haven't gotten very far.

http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=196223

Old December 1st, 2012, 09:44 AM
Makorin
Ex-ROM Hacker

Nature: Naive
This seems really interesting. I don't think I've seen a Fan Game programmed with JavaScript. I'd love to play a beta or whatever when it's released! :D

Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | reviews
Old December 1st, 2012, 04:08 PM
Zephyr+
Oripoke
Community Supporter

Nature: Sassy
So i played this, and i have to say, i was disappointed. i can see a lot of potential in a small self-contained pokemon game such as this, and it could be a fun little distraction, but ultimately the gameplay elements got in the way. battles are boring and repetitive, and without the presence of type matchups and only 2 basically identical attacks, it's just a matter of pressing the same buttons over and over again. the game overall is incredibly sluggish; the text speed is too slow without any way to advance it more quickly, and the walking speed lags as well. in addition, leveling up is slow and the fact that you can't add any of the pokemon you catch to your team means you're stuck using the same pokemon the entire way through. there is no element of strategy other than pure grinding. i had hoped that this would be at least mildly entertaining but instead i feel like i just wasted my time. (a lack of any way to record data and return to it later also contributes to that feeling.)

i realize this was just a side project that was made for educational purposes, but the game is just so frustrating that it is hardly even a game at all. which is too bad, because i think a Java-based Pokemon engine would be something really cool.
Old December 1st, 2012, 07:46 PM
Cilerba
the hearts of lonely people
Community Supporter

Nature: Quiet
Woo another thread revival. Sorry, Flaming Flarez but the limit for reviving threads is two months.

| relic castle - coming soon |
Closed Thread
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links