Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Creative Discussions > Game Development > Pokémon Essentials
Reload this Page [Question] Rivals

Notices
For all updates, view the main page.

Pokémon Essentials All questions and discussion about Pokémon Essentials, the Pokémon game kit for RPG Maker XP, go in here. Also contains links to the latest downloads and the Essentials Wiki.

Old May 17th, 2012 (07:04 PM).
Regional Explorer

Question first and apologies later:

I was wondering how to make the game recognize the unused player as the rival. I have been looking through the wiki and done a search on this site, but I haven't found anything.

As to the apology, I'm sorry if I just haven't seen the right thread(s) for this. I also apologize if I have missed the wiki page(s) for it.

Thank you in advance for any help.
Old May 17th, 2012 (07:49 PM).
Silver Tier

Nature: Jolly
Do some eventing:
During the intro, after the player picks their gender, mark it with a switch, like turn on Boy if they picked male or Girl if they picked female.
Next, make your events. Then, in the event editor, copy it. On both event pages, make them activate/show up/whatever you want by setting the gender switches in the conditionals needed. Then set the NPC's OW into the opposite gender, and change whatever you to change.

Hope this helps.
Old May 18th, 2012 (06:01 AM).
adventure seeker
Platinum Tier

This thread doesn't belong in Tutorials & Resources, so I moved it over here~
<div style="background-image: url('http://i.imgur.com/bHlfm47.gif'); background-repeat: no-repeat; height: 245px; width: 600px; font-family: 'Dosis', 'Josefin Slab', 'Open Sans', sans-serif; font-weight: 200; font-size: 13px; letter-spacing: 1px; color: #282828; padding-top: 66px; padding-left:43px; text-align: left; line-height: 15px;">
<div style="font-size: 22px;">seeker</div>
<i class="fa fa-heart-o"></i> paired to <a href="http://www.pokecommunity.com/member.php?u=67003"><span class="usergroup-mod">adventure</span></a>
<i class="fa fa-code"></i> <div class="usergroup-admin">staff administrator</div>
on a leave of absence</div>
Old May 20th, 2012 (04:20 PM). Edited May 22nd, 2012 by Nerameshu.
Regional Explorer

Sorry, Abnegation. I was looking in the Tutorials section when I posted it.

And thanks, Final Destination. Sorry it took so long to get back to you, I've been separated from the web for a bit.

Edit:

Another issue. I've set up an event so that the Rival can "see" the player exit the house, and begin talking to the player. The issue it, if I do an "Event Touch" event that makes the Rival see the player and walk up to talk to them. The issue, however, is that this event doesn't make the Rival register as a boy if the player is a girl, or a girl if the player is a boy.

I was wondering how I could change this. If it would help, I'll try to post the events later, but it may be tomorrow before I can get to it.
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links