Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Creative Discussions > Game Development
Reload this Page [Discussion] What are ways to make a 3d pokemon game

Notices
For all updates, view the main page.

Game Development Your number one stop for anything related to creating games (except ROM hacks). You can even make your own!

Old 2 Weeks Ago (02:04 AM). Edited 2 Weeks Ago by pokeconstructor.
pokeconstructor

Nature: Gentle
It has been almost a year , since i've been wondering about a pokemon game made completely in 3d.I have many ideas about storyline, plot, characters, etc .Can anyone suggest me any engine or any other tools or maybe any programming language ?.Thanks in advance

Editorry for writing "any programming language" i didn't meant that
Old 2 Weeks Ago (11:03 AM).
R.F.
Commander

Nature: Lonely
You could try using Unity. It's a really powerful engine that can easily be expanded if you know a little bit about C# programming.
Old 2 Weeks Ago (11:50 AM).
Bowlstir
Media Arts and Game Development

Nature: Adamant
You will need to learn a coding language. And I would suggest Unity. Put aside LOTS of time to learn the program first.

Old 2 Weeks Ago (01:29 AM).
pokeconstructor

Thanks for the advice of unity 3d, but this time i'm learning c++ not c#.And i'm also in high school, so i don't have enough time for learning another programming language.It would be great if you could suggest me anything else, but please not unity 3d
Old 2 Weeks Ago (08:41 AM).
FL
Pokémon Island Creator

Pokémon games doesn't need a physics tool, so isn't hard to be made, but still is harder than a 2D game.

Unreal Engine uses C++, one of most famous and professional free Engines. I particularly prefer C#, but C/C++ is the industry standard since every main SOs use these language natively, faster than a interpreted script or even a language than runs at VM (like JVM and CLR). Unity3D uses Mono that can compile code in two ways, JIT and AOT.

Site wth 3D models:
http://www.models-resource.com/3ds/pokemonxy/
http://www.models-resource.com/3ds/pokemonoras/
Old 1 Week Ago (04:03 AM).
pokeconstructor

@FL Thank you very much for unreal engine.I've done lot of research on that and i have found that it does support c++.
But i have one question, Can i programme/develop the game on visual studio 2013 ?
Thanks
Old 1 Week Ago (05:02 AM).
R.F.
Commander

Nature: Lonely
Quote originally posted by pokeconstructor:
But i have one question, Can i programme/develop the game on visual studio 2013 ?
Thanks
Is that, what you're looking for?
https://docs.unrealengine.com/latest/INT/Programming/Development/VisualStudioSetup/index.html

Just a little tip: if you want to be successfull, then you need to sharpen your Google skills.
Old 1 Week Ago (06:06 AM).
pokeconstructor

@R.F. Thanks for that link, i'm very thankful to you, i've got the answer "yes, we can programme the game".
But i'm not going to close the thread as i want more suggestions

Off topic:First of all i'm very good at using google, and have came to know answers of my 99% of my questions that came in my mind.I've asked the question just to get "100%" sure.
Old 1 Week Ago (12:25 AM).
Java's Missingno.
Notoriously Overscoped

Nature: Quiet
Honestly, I know you don't want to hear it, but I'd recommend Unity. The syntax of C# is almost identical to C++, with some very minor differences(the only ones coming to mind are the lack of pointers and references since C# isn't meant to be working with memory directly). This is also speaking from the perspective of a 3rd year college student working with a team's engine made in C++, you're going to spend more time on your engine than on your game if you start with just Visual Studio. Admittedly I haven't looked much into Unreal, but I've disliked it at some instinctual level quite a bit with my brief encounters.

Currently working on UNITE. Will create a thread when a playable demo is out.
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links