The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Discussions > Pokémon General

Notices

Pokémon General Theories, experiences and other discussions regarding the Pokémon franchise that can't be covered in any of the other boards.
Feel like talking about Pokémon manga? Check this out! Want to discuss and share Pokémon music and videos? Click here!

Advertise here

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old May 20th, 2012, 02:06 PM
OreoMaster

Advertise here
I honestly think it's Blissey. I don't know why she is so hated among everyone but she doesn't deserve it. I just watched some episodes where she appeared and she was lovely. Okay to be honest she is kind of scary to face in a battle but there are other Pokemon as well that are hard to beat, although she is a bit scarier for an unknown reason. Even I don't ever challenge people that I know that they have a Blissey in their team. I just prefer to stay out of trouble.

Anyway, competitive battlers hate this Pokemon so much. I mean, even Urban Dictionary calls Blissey names. Most common ones are 'pink fat blob' or 'pink fat *****' or 'pink ****' etc etc I have never ever seen something like this for another Pokemon.

And I am serious. Go ask ANY competitive battle trainer which Pokemon they hate the most. 89% will answer 'Blissey. The rest will either say Skarmory or Rotom or anything else they particularly hate.

But Blissey is always on the hot spot to be insulted and bullied

Last edited by Oryx; May 20th, 2012 at 03:03 PM. Reason: don't censor bypass please!
Old May 20th, 2012, 02:16 PM
Joshawott
Booted out - don't be like me!

Nature: Brave
Magikarp. Damn things deserve all the hate they get, too.
Old May 20th, 2012, 02:24 PM
psyanic
There's Something About Lamps

Nature: Bold
Blissey's taking a backseat in Gen V competitive battling to her younger form, Chansey. Chansey just happens to be more useful with Eviolite, and Blissey isn't as much of a force as she used to be. And with the plethora of Fighting-types around, not to mention Psyshock, Blissey isn't even mentioned as much.

And Garbodor is probably one of the most hated as it is part of Gen V and a lot of people weren't ready to embrace its trashy design. Because literally, it's a pile of trash. Also, it's pretty useless in battle. As such, it's Unova's punching bag as everyone beats it.
Old May 20th, 2012, 02:46 PM
garjora
Ambassador of the Cosmos

Nature: Lonely
Probably Arbok in my opinion since it's movesets aren't really reliable and it's base stats are pretty trashy.

"Living in a Distorted World"

Old May 20th, 2012, 03:14 PM
OreoMaster

Well it may be true but still Blissey is quite useable. I use it and it is very good. The only difference I have noticed is that people use Conkeldur more and they also use Psyshock. But why was Psyshock even invented? Is it really so difficult to understand?
The Pokemon makers realised that Blissey was kinda overpowered specially, so they invented a new special attack that hits defense. It was completely invented for Blissey. So just imagine how much complaints and hatred they were receiving about her. So they invented this move.

Anyway, even with this, Blissey can switch out. Not much of a problem.

Blissey can also take physical hits quite well, especially if you consider that it's completely out of its comfort zone and not at all its role. She can withstand a Megahorn from Rhyperior, Aqua Tail from Gyarados, Mach Punch from Infernape and Hitmonchan, Brick Break from Tyranitar, Outrage from Dnite etc as long as they are unboosted of course. She is so good.

EDIT: May I add that a max Def Bold Blissey can endure a max Att Adamant Rhyperior's STAB Rock Wrecker( as well as a max Att Adamant STAB Rampardos' Head Smash(though she could lose up to 96% HP). Well, Rampardos would faint after such an attack. He gets as recoil half the damage done and as his HP is about half of that of Blissey's he would die.

Last edited by OreoMaster; May 20th, 2012 at 03:24 PM.
Old May 20th, 2012, 03:41 PM
Loner_grunger

Nature: Lonely
BASCULIN!, gosh I hate those things. Also garbodor, and zubats while exploring a cave xD

Old May 20th, 2012, 04:37 PM
TheFattestSnorlax
カビゴン
Community Supporter

Nature: Mild
How come you are all forgetting Hoppip! This pokemon is just outrageously a piece of garbage.
Old May 20th, 2012, 06:03 PM
PlatinumDude
Nyeh?
Community Supporter

Nature: Hasty
Send a message via Yahoo to PlatinumDude Send a message via Skype™ to PlatinumDude
I'm guessing Stunfisk because of how derpy it looks. It's also not a Water Pokemon despite being a fish.

Old May 20th, 2012, 06:24 PM
Jak
i'll let you have it

Nature: Timid
I think the Vanillite line gets a lot of hate, since it's "just an ice cream cone." I found it clever and cute. Though I think Trubbish/Garbodor beats it by a hair because "it's trash." Honestly, Muk is worse in appearance. Trash has substance. Purple goo does not. But yeah, most complaints stem from those two.

Honorable mentions:

Luvdisc, Finneon/Lumineon, Stunfisk, Pikachu (ironically one of the most loved) and Sunkern.

Quote:
How come you are all forgetting Hoppip! This pokemon is just outrageously a piece of garbage.
GET OUT NOW. >:(

Into the room, I know you want it
Bang bang, all over you, I'll let you have it
Wait a minute, let me take you there
Old May 20th, 2012, 07:18 PM
Saucy Fish Boi
Music is my girlfriend

Magikarp, Pikachu and Bibarel. Which makes me really sad. D: I <3 Magikarp. And Pikachu and Bibarel are cool as well.
Old May 20th, 2012, 07:51 PM
dyenguard
Burst of Flame!

Nature: Calm
I really REALLY hate the terribad Woobat. (#.#) it's whole appearance and everything just screams FAILURE

Old May 20th, 2012, 09:31 PM
C_r_e_a_m_p_u_f_f

Nature: Naive
Hey, I don't hate Garbodor, I got a big nugget by catching it. I don't specifically hate any Pokémon, they all have their uses *cough*HM Slave/Decoy*cough*. I usually hate Ghost Pokémon, since they can't be Giga Impacted and very annoying moves.
Old May 20th, 2012, 11:50 PM
Hikamaru
I won't look back
Community Supporter

Nature: Quirky
Garbodor and Basculin for me.

Garbodor for its appearance and stupid movepool (it only gets one physical STAB move, unfortunately it has terrible accuracy).

Basculin for its gnarly face and the fact they hit really hard and pop up in nearly almost every body of water in Unova.

Also worth mentioning...

Zubat/Golbat - A total cave menace.

Tentacool/Tentacruel - Same as above, except in the ocean.

Unown - Only learns Hidden Power. 'Nuff said.

Also, anything with Sturdy or a selfdestructing move.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loner_grunger View Post
BASCULIN!, gosh I hate those things. Also garbodor, and zubats while exploring a cave xD
Totally agreed. They hit so hard...

paired with AWsquared and Starry Windy
battle server | tumblr | twl | profile | supporter

Old May 21st, 2012, 01:49 AM
Yui Hirаsаwа
Community Supporter

Nature: Naive
Luvdisk. Its small. ugly and has really rubbish stats. For some reason GameFreak never chose to make its evolution Alomomola...
Old May 21st, 2012, 02:14 AM
Yoshikkko

Nature: Adamant
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFattestSnorlax View Post
omg...HOW CAN SOMEONE THINK THIS

Also, ZUBAT gets a lot of hate and we all know why lol.
Old May 21st, 2012, 03:33 AM
mondays suck
:)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joshawott View Post
Magikarp.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFattestSnorlax View Post
Hoppip!
You're dead to me.

Anyway, my personal favorite targets of hate would be Magnemite with their 861868926 resistances which make them extremely annoying to fight early game and Pichu which keeps pissing me off with that pesky paralyzation pability.
Old May 21st, 2012, 03:44 AM
curiousnathan
a hero can be afraid, too

Nature: Careful
Zubat, Geodude, Bidoof, Starly, Budew, Ratata, Golbat, Tentacruel, Tentacool. All the reoccuring nasties that make our pokemon journey lives hell.
Old May 21st, 2012, 03:57 AM
OreoMaster

Yeah, guys. But I don't refer to pity and hatred towards a Pokemon just because it is useless.

I refer to hatred towards a Pokemon because it's annoying to battle against. Blissey is considered very difficult to bring down without a strong physical sweeper so she is called 'pink *****' because everyone hates her for being so bulky and making their life difficult and also forcing everyone in GenV to use Psyshock on their Special Sweepers.
Old May 21st, 2012, 04:11 AM
curiousnathan
a hero can be afraid, too

Nature: Careful
Quote:
Originally Posted by OreoMaster View Post
Yeah, guys. But I don't refer to pity and hatred towards a Pokemon just because it is useless.

I refer to hatred towards a Pokemon because it's annoying to battle against. Blissey is considered very difficult to bring down without a strong physical sweeper so she is called 'pink *****' because everyone hates her for being so bulky and making their life difficult and also forcing everyone in GenV to use Psyshock on their Special Sweepers.
Well there are more than just Blissey we consider to be annoying haha. I think the ones I listed are the ones which are really annoying to defeat, although easy, they drive us insanse because of their insane abundance. What I also really dislike is Clefairy on Pokemon Battle Revolution, in the master league or something along those lines. It's defense really iritated me especially when it redirected my attacks to itself to save it's partner pokemon!
Old May 21st, 2012, 04:17 AM
bobandbill
Where's that sheep...

Nature: Jolly
Send a message via AIM to bobandbill Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to bobandbill
I suppose it depends on what group of people you talk to. Older casual gamers will tend to go to th likes of Zubat and Tentacool, ones they have seen many times already and arguably too many, hence the hate. New Pokemon gamers will ask what's a Zubat and say Roggenrola is terrible (common evo and Sturdy), and competitve battlers will tend to hate on the ones like, as you said, VBlissey that are annoying to KO.

Unless they use them, then they don't hate them as much funnily enough. =p

Sheep in the Big City: General Specific
Old May 21st, 2012, 07:29 AM
arbok
cobra pokemon

Quote:
Originally Posted by garjora View Post
Probably Arbok in my opinion since it's movesets aren't really reliable and it's base stats are pretty trashy.
wha... most hated of all time? Granted its not the best battler ever but there are worse in that area. I've never actaully met anyone who hated Arbok before. Now I'm sad.

Magikarp's awesomeness comes because its useless. Its meant to be that way but become a long term investment when it evolves. I also like Zubat...

My most hated would be Mr.Mime or Jynx but most hated of all time by most people may be poor Zubat. Or Tentacool. Ironically Pikachu seems as hated as it is loved among fans too.

Bulbasaur-Ivysaur-Venusaur
Ekans-Arbok
Zubat-Golbat-(with nat. dex)Crobat
Nidoran(M)-Nidorino-Nidoking
Gastly-Haunter-Gengar
Tentacool-Tentacruel
Old May 21st, 2012, 10:01 AM
farihazach
Beginning Trainer

Zubat is definitely one of the most hated. I personally hate Golbat too. Whenever it appears, it is basically guaranteed to annoy you with Confuse Ray.

I really dislike Ratatta and Raticate too. Freaking Quick Attack and Hyper Fang make Team Rocket annoying to deal with.

Everything is coming up Milhouse, guys.

Old May 21st, 2012, 03:56 PM
Zayphora
Don't mess with the lights...

Nature: Sassy
Cynthia's Garchomp.

Nuff said.
Old May 21st, 2012, 07:45 PM
Cherrim
the blossom pokémon

Nature: Relaxed
It makes me really happy that no one has mentioned Probopass yet! I love it but honestly, I think it has to be my answer here. D: I always see it mentioned in "least favourite Pokemon" memes on Tumblr or on forums or what have you. No one really liked Nosepass and everyone sees Probopass as an unnecessary evolution to Nosepass when other things could have used evolutions more. And sure, maybe Farfetch'd did need an evolution more than Nosepass but I think Probopass is brilliant and amazing. It makes me laugh and it's not even close to the worst Pokemon design I can think of. It gets so much hate when it's not even that bad of a Pokemon. :'(

previously known as lightning.
tumblrtwitter

Old May 22nd, 2012, 01:23 AM
Forever
let it go

I'm disappointed because like, in gen 5 I thought people would hate Emolga due to how it is in the games, yet it beat Stunfisk (in B/W) idk because it's cute. :( I believe Garbodor would be disliked, as well as Stunfisk aaand Audino SINCE EVERYONE WANTS TO KILL IT idk. I have this gen 5 mindset. Uhh, past gens I feel like it's Bidoof for some reason lool.

However, I am a competitive battler and I disagree with the first post. On a competitive level it'd be something like Terrakion or Landorus tbh.
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

Advertise here