The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Entertainment & Hobbies > Fan Clubs & Groups

Notices

Fan Clubs & Groups Fan Clubs & Groups are places to go to find like-minded members and talk about similar interests. Join or create a club here if it doesn't fit in any of the other sections.
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Advertise here

Old May 26th, 2012, 12:10 AM
CarefulWetPaint
Time to Say Goodbye
Community Supporter

Advertise here
*chimes in*

I dont really know how to explain this I hope someone around here can do it better then I can but I'll give it a go.
The reason for muscle growth and development is so that your body can handle the strain and load that your body is put under so it can function properly. When you continually do the same thing the body can only adapt so much and itll plateau because it'll get to the point where your muscles are at the point where they can comfortably get the job you are requiring from them done. I think its something like that Juicy. Im not a professional so I dont entirely know and I cant be bother googling it xD.
Basically:
Your body needs to be challenged and experience new things to grow. If you don't want to challenge the body by adding more weight, just change the exercising your doing.
Thats my take on the matter anyway. Hope it helps.
Old May 26th, 2012, 08:09 PM
Wiilio
Friendly neighborhood fatman

Nature: Brave
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Wiilio Send a message via Skype™ to Wiilio
Username: Wiilio
Reason for joining: CarefulWetPaint yelled at me to.
Seriously.
((00:06:22)) <LeagueOfPaint> JOIN MA CLUB!
But yeah. I actually lost 30 pounds during my freshman year, and then I stopped for awhile. Luckily didn't gain much back, maybe about 5 pounds. I've recently gotten back into it. Monday mornings are my weigh-in days, but I cheated and weighed myself today, and I've already lost 5 pounds :D Gettin' back into it dawgs!

"Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity."
-Martin Luther King, Jr
Paired with Goo <3
Old May 27th, 2012, 04:02 PM
CarefulWetPaint
Time to Say Goodbye
Community Supporter

Welcome Wiilio!

As requested by Juicy I went looking for some good stretching videos on youtube and found this one:

This is a pretty solid warm up/stretching routine that you could easily do before a workout to help ensure that you won't hurt any part of your body while working out, while I would probably add a few to it (One or two focusing on the back) it is still very good and I suggest if you don't already have a warm up routine to use this as a very good guild line. Also tell me what you think of this routine and if you all think its fairly decent I'll put it up on the front page until I find a better one.

Wiilio you are the only person who said that they are wanting to lose weight so far, while most the work outs up already will definitely help you lose weight I'll try and figure out one more targetted to losing weight safely, Though diet is a massive factor when trying to lose weight as well as when trying to gain weight so if someone could help us out with that Id really appreciate it as well as all the other members! Lets make PC a healthier and fitter place! xD
Old May 27th, 2012, 05:35 PM
Wiilio

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Wiilio Send a message via Skype™ to Wiilio
Yeah, I've got that all covered I think! Natural foods as much as possible. The only meat should be poultry or fish (pork in moderation). Plenty of fruits and vegetables. And of course, A BUTTLOAD OF WATER. I get at least 10 glasses a day.

Also, first official weigh-in occurs tomorrow morning. And I'll be vlogging my journey!

EDIT 2: While on the treadmill, I found a way to work dat azz. Just stick it out behind you while you're running! I found it out kinda by accident. I just bent down for a second to get a better look at something on the floor, and I felt it in my booty!

So yeah!

"Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity."
-Martin Luther King, Jr
Paired with Goo <3

Last edited by Wiilio; May 27th, 2012 at 07:56 PM.
Old May 27th, 2012, 09:09 PM
Kurui
Kageroza's Waifu

Nature: Calm
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Kurui Send a message via Skype™ to Kurui
Yes thank you! I'm not in wheelchair but I have extreme problem with fainting upon standing or moving a round lots, so chair exercises in general are better for me (as in any exercise I can do without standing up for long periods or getting up and down off floor).

Someone recently recommended a workout chair that helps tone muscle called......Ab Doer, I believe. They said it is good for people who are older or have trouble standing/extreme workouts but still want to help improve muscle tone. Does anyone have experience with the Ab Doer?

I'm not looking to get huge and bulky. Mainly to keep myself from being totally out of commission and boost my energy, because I used to exercise so hard when i was well at the gym and all. To doing zilch. I think this would be similar to doing chair exercise but the seat twists, allowing for easy waist movement, to where I can actually stretch my core and legs and back without having to move a chair around, etc. It's a very cheap price (around 200$ I think) so I don't expect it to do too much, but might be an option if I can get some opinion?

Here's the page/description: http://www.abdoertwist.com/abdoer-twist.html

Also note: I can't do lot of walking. I get dizzy on standing. I'm worried about my heartrate problem no matter what exercise I take up (I have an arrhythmia of the heart that causes my heart to beat too fast). The doctor says this is not dangerous as of itself (I have a type of tachycardia that is from a certain part of my heart that won't necessarily kill me/cause long damage, but feels VERY bad) but is probably what causes my fainting when I stand/move around. >_<;;; That's why i say sitting is the best position, so if I do get faint, I won't really FALL, which has happened before and it sucked XD
"Yor barmy...."
"o.o What's that?"

"Tha' means yor nu's, yor froo' loops, yor BANANAS!"

R.I.P. KAGEROZA. </3 T_T
I am Shi-Orihime Inaba on FailFacebook.

Old May 27th, 2012, 11:05 PM
Impo
Vital Spirit
Community Supporter

Nature: Relaxed
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wiilio View Post
Yeah, I've got that all covered I think! Natural foods as much as possible. The only meat should be poultry or fish (pork in moderation). Plenty of fruits and vegetables. And of course, A BUTTLOAD OF WATER. I get at least 10 glasses a day.

Also, first official weigh-in occurs tomorrow morning. And I'll be vlogging my journey!

EDIT 2: While on the treadmill, I found a way to work dat azz. Just stick it out behind you while you're running! I found it out kinda by accident. I just bent down for a second to get a better look at something on the floor, and I felt it in my booty!

So yeah!
Lol so trying that tonight! Unfortunately the gym is always busy on Monday's, which I really hate.

Also, anyone have any great workout music? I'm lacking

...Let's play a game...
3DS FC: 3411-1566-9347
Paired to Naya Rivera & ShiningRaichu
Old May 28th, 2012, 08:09 AM
Spinosaurus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Impo View Post

Lol so trying that tonight! Unfortunately the gym is always busy on Monday's, which I really hate.

Also, anyone have any great workout music? I'm lacking
Maybe a weird pick but I don't really listen to music/have any music taste. But...
Or this too.
Old May 28th, 2012, 06:30 PM
CarefulWetPaint
Time to Say Goodbye
Community Supporter

Kurui I'll look for some more sitting down exercises for you over the next few days as it seems like thats something you can do without to much strain on your health! Yays!

Also have you thought of the old 6 meals a day trick Wiilio? Where you eat smaller meals but have them more often, apparently this makes your metabolism go faster so you can lose weight easier! yays! I realise I havent put any workouts up targetting weight loss specifically but you could still use the ones I've put up to lose weight, they'll defs work. you could perhaps share your routine with us though if you're feeling up to it?

Work Out Music! Weeeooooooo.

Okay I listen to the Rooster Teeth Podcast during most of my workouts (Yes Im a nerd I know) but when I'm done with them I have a metal and dubstep playlists that I use.
Generally look for fast beats and energetic songs for workout playlists as they will trick you into getting more pumped up and help you push through. Some examples I can think of:

Dub Wub Wub:

Daydreamer - Flux Palivion
Bangarang - Skrillex
Lights - Klaypex

Metalz:

Dead End - In Flames
Smoke them if you got them - Parkway Drive
Focus Shift - Dark Tranquility

If you want more songs just say and I'll get my playlists c/p for you!
Old May 29th, 2012, 03:22 PM
Wiilio

((19:20)) <CWP-> Wiilio you should tots post in the fitness club xD

k.

Lost 3 pounds. Woot.

As far as workout music... don't have too many great songs. But there are a few that I find really get me pumped!

Crazy B*tch - Buckcherry
Get Off of My Back - Bryan Adams
Thanks for the Memories - Fall Out Boy (No judging)

"Get Off of my Back" is from the Disney movie "Spirit." haha

-Martin Luther King, Jr
Paired with Goo <3

Last edited by Wiilio; May 29th, 2012 at 03:39 PM.
Old May 29th, 2012, 03:53 PM
CarefulWetPaint
Time to Say Goodbye
Community Supporter

3 pounds! That's a pretty decent loss! You'll be at your goal weight in no time at all if you keep it up like that. If you put in harder Im sure you'll drop even faster xD Is the only work outs you do cardio? Like time on the treadmill or do you do weights as well?

And I am TOTALLY judging you for Fall Out Boy >.> I'm sure Impo will be happy to see all these new songs he has to check out though.

Also guys this weeks Hump Day Workout has been put up and its a challenge to all you guys to beat my time! If you have questions on anything about the workout just say and I'll try and help out.

So can you beat my time of 8:07 to finish the workout? Or are you guys too scared?
Old May 29th, 2012, 04:18 PM
Wiilio

If I put in harder I might drop xD I'm permanently exhausted because of work. Waking up at 4 AM plus walking around in heavy steel-toed boots all day does not make for a good combo. I don't do weights because I want to make sure that the weight I lose is fat. If I do weights then I'll be GAINING weight instead of losing it. I might start with weights, though, and switch to measurements instead of scales. I've just never done that and don't know what to measure.

What would you recommend for just starting out with strength training? I don't have much in the way of weights, and I weigh 230 pounds/104 kilos.

And I'm too scared ;;

Another good song in my lil library:
Indestructible - Disturbed

-Martin Luther King, Jr
Paired with Goo <3

Last edited by Wiilio; May 29th, 2012 at 04:24 PM.
Old May 29th, 2012, 05:16 PM
NP
Help, I'm alive

Nature: Naughty
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarefulWetPaint View Post
So can you beat my time of 8:07 to finish the workout? Or are you guys too scared?
Challenge accepted, sir.

[6 minutes, 6 seconds later...]

Done. (All while listening to a loop of "I Don't Care" by Fall Out Boy lol|)
Old May 29th, 2012, 06:06 PM
CarefulWetPaint
Time to Say Goodbye
Community Supporter

Quote:
If I put in harder I might drop xD I'm permanently exhausted because of work. Waking up at 4 AM plus walking around in heavy steel-toed boots all day does not make for a good combo. I don't do weights because I want to make sure that the weight I lose is fat. If I do weights then I'll be GAINING weight instead of losing it. I might start with weights, though, and switch to measurements instead of scales. I've just never done that and don't know what to measure.

What would you recommend for just starting out with strength training? I don't have much in the way of weights, and I weigh 230 pounds/104 kilos.

And I'm too scared ;;

Another good song in my lil library:
Indestructible - Disturbed
Well you'll still lose weight if you do weight training and you'll blast away your belly fat as well. So you'll lose weight and gain muscle at the same time, winning? I think so!
I suggest you find out what your max capability is then drop it back to about 60-70% of that weight with 5-8 reps and 3 sets. Have a look at my gym workout for weight based training, though I could suggest doing bodyweight training? If you want more info just say and I'll write something up for you in more detail.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NP View Post
Challenge accepted, sir.

[6 minutes, 6 seconds later...]

Done. (All while listening to a loop of "I Don't Care" by Fall Out Boy lol|)
That is fairly impressive! Definitely beating me so far, we'll see how I go tonight xD Hopefully I can get a good time for all of you to challenge.
For you Americans 40kilos roughly translates to about 90 pounds.
And a thruster is a front squat followed by a military (overhead) press as you stand back up from the squat position, that being one rep.
Old May 29th, 2012, 06:50 PM
NP
Help, I'm alive

Nature: Naughty
Ah, well, as we talked about earlier, I did this 10 pounds less than what you intended. Oh well, will give another shot some other time.

For post workout stretches, this is the routine I usually do http://www. youtube.com/watch?v=N39H2BnY00M&feature=plcp.

It's great for cooling down and will help build your endurance.

@Kurui: I recommend physical therapy exercises. Particularly breathing exercises. I'd say start with in for four and out for four beats (or seconds). Then mix it up with 2-2, 1-1, 6-2, 2-4, whatever. It will really help with anything you do physically.

Last edited by NP; May 29th, 2012 at 07:50 PM.
Old May 30th, 2012, 12:39 AM
CarefulWetPaint
Time to Say Goodbye
Community Supporter

Okay Need to update my time. I did this weeks hump day workout challenge in 5:43.
Thats Five minutes forty three seconds. I am very interested to see if anyones going to be able to top that this week as I am totally ruined now haha. Also I did it while listening to my friends awful music because he refuses to listen to anything decent for working out when he comes with me to the gym.

I've been thinking of doing more challenge work outs like this what does everyone think of that as an idea for the club?
Old May 30th, 2012, 02:23 AM
Impo
Vital Spirit
Community Supporter

Quote:
And I am TOTALLY judging you for Fall Out Boy >.> I'm sure Impo will be happy to see all these new songs he has to check out though.
Haha, it's cool. I just found out that iTunes has a fitness/workout music tab, so I can find some from there :D !

And I've ran a total of 11 kilometers this week (I've only ran twice) :D

...Let's play a game...
Old May 31st, 2012, 04:03 PM
CarefulWetPaint
Time to Say Goodbye
Community Supporter

That's fantastic Impo! You're total number must be getting up there now!

I have a question to everyone:

What kind of workouts/information would you like to see added/discussed in the club?
Old June 3rd, 2012, 03:37 AM
Sodom
The Bible just got a whole lot sexier.

Nature: Adamant
I am joining this here club, because Impo told me to and I can't say no to Impo

I don't know how much I'll be able to contribute since walking/slight running is the only fitness-related stuff I do, but I'll try my best! Maybe I can learn something lol

"So this is why God bombed us."

Moderator of General Chat

Old June 3rd, 2012, 03:57 AM
Impo
Vital Spirit
Community Supporter

Yay Andy :D !

I bet my running record Friday, and I reached 6 kilometers :D
Also I started to do the core blaster again today but my parents came home and I stopped

...Let's play a game...
Old June 3rd, 2012, 04:28 AM
Sodom
The Bible just got a whole lot sexier.

Nature: Adamant
This is my main problem - if I'm going to exercise or "work out", I really don't want other people watching me or even looking at me or being in the vicinity whatsoever. So I don't do anything except walking unless there is nobody else in the house... which is rare.

"So this is why God bombed us."

Moderator of General Chat

Old June 3rd, 2012, 04:59 AM
Impo
Vital Spirit
Community Supporter

You should join a gym: no one really looks at you.
And there'll be worse people there. One time at mine someone was exercising in a vest, and an old lady wearing slippers.

...Let's play a game...
Old June 3rd, 2012, 06:32 AM
fiOWNya
Beginning Trainer

Nature: Quirky
Username: fiOWNya
Why you're joining: I like working out. I love Beachbody products (so much I became a coach for em), currently doing a round of P90X2. I also love lifting weights and working on balance stuff... yoga is great once I calm down my always running mind a bit, also love Parkour/martial arts. Hate cardiovascular workouts, especially running, but I don't mind plyometric work so usually just sub that in.

Don't like going to the gym, so my hubby and I have a bit of a home gym - some weights, pull up bar, etc. Next on the list is our own bench press. =)
Old June 3rd, 2012, 01:57 PM
CarefulWetPaint
Time to Say Goodbye
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shining Raichu View Post
I am joining this here club, because Impo told me to and I can't say no to Impo

I don't know how much I'll be able to contribute since walking/slight running is the only fitness-related stuff I do, but I'll try my best! Maybe I can learn something lol
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shining Raichu View Post
This is my main problem - if I'm going to exercise or "work out", I really don't want other people watching me or even looking at me or being in the vicinity whatsoever. So I don't do anything except walking unless there is nobody else in the house... which is rare.
Lol whats this? You're joining a club where people talk about fitness and working out!? I am shocked!@! If you don't like people watching you I'm sure you have a shed or room somewhere where you can do some home workouts and calisthenics like the one on the front page without anyone seeing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Impo View Post
Yay Andy :D !

I bet my running record Friday, and I reached 6 kilometers :D
Also I started to do the core blaster again today but my parents came home and I stopped
Congratulations Impo! That's some good progress you're getting there! How good does it feel accomplishing something that you didn't think you could and beating your own personal records!
Do you like the core blaster? I personally feel fantastic after it! Aka my core is killing me :D. Did you figure out how to do all the work outs?

Quote:
Originally Posted by fiOWNya View Post
Username: fiOWNya
Why you're joining: I like working out. I love Beachbody products (so much I became a coach for em), currently doing a round of P90X2. I also love lifting weights and working on balance stuff... yoga is great once I calm down my always running mind a bit, also love Parkour/martial arts. Hate cardiovascular workouts, especially running, but I don't mind plyometric work so usually just sub that in.

Don't like going to the gym, so my hubby and I have a bit of a home gym - some weights, pull up bar, etc. Next on the list is our own bench press. =)
:O My god you're perfect for this club! You could help with workouts and maybe tailor some specifically for the female members of PC and the club! YAYS! Please share some with us!.

And I dont think I've ever stepped inside a real gym haha. I have everything I need at home. A Bench Press, dumbells, barbells, chin up bar, a cable gym set thingo which is hand for some things, etc.
Old June 3rd, 2012, 08:24 PM
Wiilio

This club is so active :o If there were a club of the month thing for this part of the forums, I bet we'd get it!

I've been increasing my running as well, Impo. Still hate running, but it's not as much of a chore as it used to be. Back during my senior year in high school I couldn't run 10 laps around the gym without nearly collapsing.

When I get back to college, I wouldn't mind at all taping the gym we have. We have two, actually.

Weigh-in tomorrow morning!

-Martin Luther King, Jr
Paired with Goo <3
Old June 4th, 2012, 01:57 AM
Impo
Vital Spirit
Community Supporter

Quote:
Congratulations Impo! That's some good progress you're getting there! How good does it feel accomplishing something that you didn't think you could and beating your own personal records!
Do you like the core blaster? I personally feel fantastic after it! Aka my core is killing me :D. Did you figure out how to do all the work outs?
I feel dead :D ! Well, just my legs, so yeah.
It's actually very rewarding, since I've now doubled my distance.

And I can't feel more core either, but I think it's working :D ! I feel sexy ;)

Quote:
I've been increasing my running as well, Impo. Still hate running, but it's not as much of a chore as it used to be. Back during my senior year in high school I couldn't run 10 laps around the gym without nearly collapsing.
I remember in Year 8 we had to run 400 metres for PE and I had to walk the last bit, and now I'm running 15 times that much. I don't even do PE anymore at school, no idea why I didn't choose it...

...Let's play a game...
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

Advertise here