The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Entertainment & Hobbies > Fan Clubs & Groups

Notices

Fan Clubs & Groups Fan Clubs & Groups are places to go to find like-minded members and talk about similar interests. Join or create a club here if it doesn't fit in any of the other sections.
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Advertise here

Old June 4th, 2012, 03:47 AM
CarefulWetPaint
Time to Say Goodbye
Community Supporter

Advertise here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wiilio View Post
This club is so active :o If there were a club of the month thing for this part of the forums, I bet we'd get it!

I've been increasing my running as well, Impo. Still hate running, but it's not as much of a chore as it used to be. Back during my senior year in high school I couldn't run 10 laps around the gym without nearly collapsing.

When I get back to college, I wouldn't mind at all taping the gym we have. We have two, actually.

Weigh-in tomorrow morning!
You should just start the new home work out I put up if you dont want to use weights or go to the gym, it'll help you get stronger xD
Also Im excited to see your results in the next weigh in. Yays!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Impo View Post

I feel dead :D ! Well, just my legs, so yeah.
It's actually very rewarding, since I've now doubled my distance.

And I can't feel more core either, but I think it's working :D ! I feel sexy

I remember in Year 8 we had to run 400 metres for PE and I had to walk the last bit, and now I'm running 15 times that much. I don't even do PE anymore at school, no idea why I didn't choose it...
That's fantastic Impo! That's a fantastic gain! Lets be honest, the core blaster is fantastic and gets you like this <No inserting picture cause apparently no face doesnt count>.
That is a fantastic gain though! You're starting to kill it impbro! If you wanna cut up more try sprinting for like 20-50 meters every few hundred meters. We will get everyone on PC fit!!!!!
Old June 4th, 2012, 05:11 AM
Impo
Vital Spirit
Community Supporter

Nature: Relaxed
FITNESS GOAL :D !

Doing some core blasters now, and I can feel lactic acid pooling in my abdomen. That's gonna hurt in the morning.

...Let's play a game...
3DS FC: 3411-1566-9347
Paired to Naya Rivera & ShiningRaichu
Old June 4th, 2012, 05:40 PM
snowman4686
Breeder Chris

Username: Snowman4686
Why I'm Joining: Well Wet Paint said I should join,
I can teach you anything about British Military PT, I'm currently in the Army as an Engineer in the reserves, as I have to keep at optimal fitness all the time I can teach you a lot =)
My strongest area is Jogging cold weather training, I'm not the sort that goes to a gym, I always train outdoors.

For those that haven't heard of this training method, its one I use all the time, its not very well known but you need a nice cold climate.

Cold Weather Training:
This is where the person/s in question push there body to there max in Minus temperatures.
Before I continue I think it would be best if i discussed some of the dangers with this method.

1. there is a very real risk of hypothermia so dress warm e.g combats,vest, hoodie
2. Icy conditions as you will be moving a lot, wear good gripping shoes
3. I would really suggest taking a partner for the first few times untill your use to the method as you don't want to make a mistake and injure yourself alone
4. keep a mobile with full charge and credit

Wonder why its in cold weather?
Well in military training we need to be able to adjust to any scenario so i created this training program for myself, training in cold weather helps build your resistance to the elements and generally toughens you up.

Ok so onto the fun bit.

1'st of you will need a medium/large rucksack whatever you wanna call it, something you can store plenty of bulk in, First you want to pack a good 10-12 water bottles, BUT don't overdo yourself just take as many as you think you can handle, this really helps build back muscles and shoulder, next you will be jogging in cold weather so remember to dress warm.

Start with 1 mile, I use a Nike+ sports watch with the trainers (but they sensor works in my training boots) so it keeps an eye on how many miles I have done and my heart rate, its very important you don't let your heart rate climb to high until your body adjusts.

So jog for as far as you can not fast but at a steady pace, I would suggest after 3 months you should be averaging 1mile and a half in 9mins 20 but you don't have to everyone works differently.

For this next one you will be doing press ups and sit ups.
This can be done in the comfort of your own garden (as long as its cold)
do 10 - 50 press ups (I'm starting low as it would be your first attempt)
do 10 - 50 sit ups
Another good thing to do would be to find yourself a sturdy plastic box, fill it with junk till its as heavy as required, lie on your back and bench press it, cheaper and just as effective as going to the gym, just be careful you don't drop it on your head x) i'd suggest one with handles.

Relay Running:
Set up 6 cones, bags or even drinks bottles at intervals through a field, as far apart as you like, then get a stopwatch (one that will buzz at a certain time) so set it to 15 second alarm then sprint as fast as you can seeing how far you can get along these cones and back, if you can make it all the way, move them further apart, BUT only have 5 - 10 seconds rest max between reps as you don't want to start stiffening up.

One last thing, people say you shouldn't drink water when jogging, well I have to caution that you do in cold temperatures, I was bed ridden for 3 days because one night i forgot to bring a water bottle (i fill my rucksack with tools or bricks) and I went jogging for a couple of hours feeling fine, then next morning I could just about breathe, because the cold weather gets into your lungs and dries them, if you forget a drink put a rag around your neck and mouth even if you sweat more, you will thank me the morning after

Anyway I hope you enjoy this guide, and PLEASE be careful this is not for the feint hearted.

If you need any advice on what to eat, drink or diets i'll write up another guide.

Thanks

Chris

Here Is My Adoption Center!
http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=281759
Help Out the Pokemon Professors Blog Join And Contribute! http://thepokemonpokedexprofessor.blogspot.co.uk/
Old June 4th, 2012, 10:28 PM
CarefulWetPaint
Time to Say Goodbye
Community Supporter

Whats your fitness goal Impo o.O
The core blaster should only be done like once or twice a week though .

THANK YOU SO SO SO MUCH SNOWMAN! That's fantastic help! I'll put it on the front page right away. It's so fantastic that you put so much work into it as well. How often should you do this workout, like once or twice a week etc??
Old June 5th, 2012, 04:15 AM
snowman4686
Breeder Chris

grr just wrote another section and the website failed TT
I wont re write it all but basicly...
1. DO NOT put your hands or any part of you body in hot water after training as you will get Chillblains which is very dangerous.
2. Do this once a week if your not use to it, I'm currently doing it 3 - 4 evenings of the week when the weathers cold but now its summer.
3. I'll add more at some point, can I edit it once its on the front page?

Thanks and train hard =)

Help Out the Pokemon Professors Blog Join And Contribute! http://thepokemonpokedexprofessor.blogspot.co.uk/
Old June 5th, 2012, 04:26 AM
Impo
Vital Spirit
Community Supporter

Cold weather training? Now that it's getting cold here in Australia and the gym's freakishly populated on Mondays I could try that.

I just need to get a good diet going. I've avoided soft drinks and McDonalds/Hungry Jacks/KFC for around a year and a half, but I'm becoming more lenient with cake and chocolate and sweets and that kind of stuff.
Asdfghjkl why is dieting so hard D: ?

...Let's play a game...
Old June 5th, 2012, 05:22 AM
Sodom
The Bible just got a whole lot sexier.

Nature: Adamant
Ah, dieting. Here's where I can be of some use.

I am a Weight Watchers Lifetime member, which is how I lost 25kg and became halfway decent-looking , so if you have dieting questions I am happy to impart my wisdom!

What I would say now is that it's fine to be lenient with things like chocolate and sweets and stuff. The first thing they teach you is that if you deny yourself that stuff and give yourself a zero-tolerance policy for it, you might as well just not bother dieting at all because you're just going to end up weakening you'll slip back into old habits.

Just remember that it's a sometimes food, as the Cookie Monster would say, and don't hate yourself every time you eat a bite of something that's not good for you.

When I was losing weight I still had candy pretty much daily!

"So this is why God bombed us."

Moderator of General Chat

Old June 5th, 2012, 06:44 AM
snowman4686
Breeder Chris

It gets cold in Australia o.o haven't been there yet

What do you think Wetpaint? its my first attempt at the bars

Last edited by snowman4686; June 5th, 2012 at 07:51 AM. Reason: Your double post has been automatically merged.
Old June 5th, 2012, 08:43 AM
fiOWNya
Beginning Trainer

Nature: Quirky
I'm a little non-trad when it comes to diet, but I follow a paleo diet - meat, veggies, nuts and seeds, no grains, no processed food - I cheat a little with limited dairy and some dark chocolate. I don't feel limited at all, because I love meat and veggies, and bread just doesn't taste that good anymore. When I do feel like cheating, I do, for the same reasons as Shining Raichu. I try to stick to grassfed meat, but when I have to get conventional I go for a little lower fat because a lot of toxins congregate in the fat. However, in general I'm on a fairly high fat high protein, moderate to low carb (I eat sweet potatoes and that type of thing because I work out so much). I've never felt better.
Old June 5th, 2012, 02:56 PM
Impo
Vital Spirit
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shining Raichu View Post
Ah, dieting. Here's where I can be of some use.

I am a Weight Watchers Lifetime member, which is how I lost 25kg and became halfway decent-looking :P, so if you have dieting questions I am happy to impart my wisdom!

What I would say now is that it's fine to be lenient with things like chocolate and sweets and stuff. The first thing they teach you is that if you deny yourself that stuff and give yourself a zero-tolerance policy for it, you might as well just not bother dieting at all because you're just going to end up weakening you'll slip back into old habits.

Just remember that it's a sometimes food, as the Cookie Monster would say, and don't hate yourself every time you eat a bite of something that's not good for you.

When I was losing weight I still had candy pretty much daily!
Thank god! But how much can you eat daily/weekly? I also eat a crapload of carbs, so that's not good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fiOWNya View Post
I'm a little non-trad when it comes to diet, but I follow a paleo diet - meat, veggies, nuts and seeds, no grains, no processed food - I cheat a little with limited dairy and some dark chocolate. I don't feel limited at all, because I love meat and veggies, and bread just doesn't taste that good anymore. When I do feel like cheating, I do, for the same reasons as Shining Raichu. I try to stick to grassfed meat, but when I have to get conventional I go for a little lower fat because a lot of toxins congregate in the fat. However, in general I'm on a fairly high fat high protein, moderate to low carb (I eat sweet potatoes and that type of thing because I work out so much). I've never felt better.
Wow, you must have a lot of determination to follow that diet, well done! But I doubt I'd be able to do something like that. I want to invest in getting a dietitians opinion, or whatever you call them

...Let's play a game...
Old June 5th, 2012, 03:28 PM
CarefulWetPaint
Time to Say Goodbye
Community Supporter

On the dietary thing,

Impo if youre trying to put on weight and muscles carbs are really good especially if you're burning most mof it up. It'll allow you to put on weight in muscle form which is always good xD. You just got to make sure if you're taking in a lot of carbs that you are burning them off as well.
I think I've suggest a 6 - meal a day diet before but it is really good for helping speed up your metabolism.

Fi, I've read a lot about the paelo diet and while it doesn't have any shown true benefits I still believe it is a good diet because it does get rid of a lot of processed foods etc. One of the best thing about diets I believe is that they help build your will power and determination as well as getting you into a good routine etc.

Thanks heaps for the info again snowman I'll edit it into the front post and thanks for the bar its just too large ;; I'll get the dimensions for you and edit them into this post soon.

Thanks for all the activity as well guys, it makes me feel good seeing that theres people dedicated to fitness and I also hope that people who don't post here but read the things are getting fitter as well and getting happier with themselves if they were already. You don't have to be skinny to be fit.

Also remember, it gets easier the more you do it, if you feel like you cant workout or anything because you cant do enough before getting tired DONT GIVE UP! Set yourself a goal. For example if you feel like you cant run 100 meters, just run 80, or 60 or however far you can but do it more then once! Run the 60 meters then walk back to the starting position and run it again! Do this a few times a day and make getting to 100 meters 5 times your goal. You will feel incredible accomplishing such a thing, you're the only person stopping yourself from being fit, youre your only competition. Don't give up because you feel you cant do it, start small and work your way to your goal, you will be able to make it even if it takes months, if you dont give up youll get there eventually you just need the willpower to commit.
Old June 5th, 2012, 03:43 PM
snowman4686
Breeder Chris

call me old fashioned but I believe that dieting is useless, I eat anything and everything I want, I don't gain weight or loose weight because I exercise everyday and keep at the optimum fitness I need, once a week me and the lads from the barracks go to the local pub in town and don't leave till were thrown out, apparently beer has a lot of calories and gives you a beer belly LIES!! exercise is the key to a diet, if you just eat like a rabbit then your just going to loose all your muscle and its definition.
So...
1. Exercise whenever you get time
2. Eat well but don't starve yourself, that's the worst thing to do
3. make sure you put a bit of fat in your diet otherwise you won't be going anywhere anytime soon
4. HAVE FUN! no point on being on a diet if you can't enjoy it

Hell I smoke like a chimney and I can outlast most of the people on my camp, because I exercise daily.

All you need to do is 20 minuets a day if you don't have a lot of time.

Old June 6th, 2012, 03:22 AM
Impo
Vital Spirit
Community Supporter

exciting news, guys!

Next 4km I run I'll break 100!

...Let's play a game...
Old June 6th, 2012, 06:25 AM
Wiilio
Friendly neighborhood fatman

Nature: Brave
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Wiilio Send a message via Skype™ to Wiilio
How dare I not check this thread daily. Makes a person miss a lot!

This looks like some pretty exciting stuff!

As far as diet goes, I have cut out red meat for the most part (maybe once a week) and in general just things that are oozing fat and sugar. And sodium. Apparently sodium is awful if you're trying to lose weight.

Monday the scale said 231 (which I think is a load of bull), but this morning it read just under 230! Feels good :D

"Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity."
-Martin Luther King, Jr
Paired with Goo <3
Old June 6th, 2012, 03:31 PM
CarefulWetPaint
Time to Say Goodbye
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by snowman4686 View Post
call me old fashioned but I believe that dieting is useless, I eat anything and everything I want, I don't gain weight or loose weight because I exercise everyday and keep at the optimum fitness I need, once a week me and the lads from the barracks go to the local pub in town and don't leave till were thrown out, apparently beer has a lot of calories and gives you a beer belly LIES!! exercise is the key to a diet, if you just eat like a rabbit then your just going to loose all your muscle and its definition.
So...
1. Exercise whenever you get time
2. Eat well but don't starve yourself, that's the worst thing to do
3. make sure you put a bit of fat in your diet otherwise you won't be going anywhere anytime soon
4. HAVE FUN! no point on being on a diet if you can't enjoy it

Hell I smoke like a chimney and I can outlast most of the people on my camp, because I exercise daily.

All you need to do is 20 minuets a day if you don't have a lot of time.
I think thats a bit silly to think like that Snowman.. dieting is usually the biggest part of the change in someones health and usually a major impact on someone health even if they do exercise regularly. Though saying that I don't really diet myself, I just don't have much junk food (Like potato chips, fast food like Maccas, lollies etc. I think you just have to be careful to make sure that you're eating food that is good for you not just the horribly over processed stuff. Andy will probably agree with me that dieting is very important as proper dieting is how he lost a lot of his weight.
I agree though, you dont want to starve yourself as thatll just make you lose muscle and get less fit you just dont want to stuff your face 6 times a day with whatever you want. Anything in excess is bad for you.
Just have things in moderation I guess.. Andy help me out here I know nothing about dieting. :O

Wiilio you get heavier at night time so weigh yourself in the mornings xD. Don't completely cut red meat out of your diet as it is good for you just get the lean cuts etc and replace some of the meals when youd usually have it with chicken! Also sodium is a fancy way of saying salt >.> I cant remember my chemistry atm but I think salt makes your body hold onto water more or something like o.O Please someone correct me if Im wrong!
Are you still just running Wiilio or have you started on weights yet?

Impo! That's fantastic 100kms! How long did it take you to run that far? Are people starting to stop and look at you like DAYUM BOY! now or what?? Also I was thinking maybe people could post before and after pictures of themselves if they didnt mind.

I mean like before they started to get fit and after like a certain amount of weeks, a visual representation of your progress can be really fulfilling!

Last edited by CarefulWetPaint; June 6th, 2012 at 03:52 PM.
Old June 6th, 2012, 10:20 PM
Impo
Vital Spirit
Community Supporter

Scary news!
My mum's taking my sister to Melbourne for her basketball carnival - so my ride to the gym is gone for Friday and Monday D: !

I'm just going to try running along the river tomorrow, how nerve racking

...Let's play a game...
Old June 8th, 2012, 08:54 PM
Kurui
Kageroza's Waifu

Nature: Calm
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Kurui Send a message via Skype™ to Kurui
owo Gaw.....Getting down and up off the floor is so tough. I still try to at least do stretches and some crunches every/every other day but finding it extremely impossible on "very bad" days for sickness. Can't wait to get that flexible chair thingy where I can do some crunches and things while staying supported even if I can only tolerate it for half an hour a day or so. My disabled body just can't handle much more of the floor stuff. Maybe if I had some kind of soft floor mat...........

As for diet, I don't eat much a day but I doubt what I eat is healthy. XD;; I never have the energy to COOK, so I mostly have to rely on frozen meals on most days except for when I'm having a "Good day".

I did a very dumb thing and tried to do an Insanity Workout, then fainted because my heartrate went too high. XD;; Dumb me............

Yeah, I also looked up that Paleo Diet thing, but what put me off is that it requires so many cooked meals. ;^; and I am terrible at cooking or do not have energy to cook. Unless I get someone to cook for me. I eat probably around 1000 - 1200 calories per day or so, unless on days I get something out to eat then I eat a bit more, which is maybe once every other week or once a week depending. I stay mostly on nurtrient shakes with extra proteins because eating solid food is a problem for me at times. (Stomach problems galore here)

My goal is to drop about 30 lbs. I gained due to having severe case of PCOS and not being able to exercise anymore like I did. I gained over 30 lbs in these 3 1/2 years I've been sick just from almost 0 mobility! But eating makes me ill and floor exercises or overexerting makes me ill so I don't know what to do. T^T
"Yor barmy...."
"o.o What's that?"

"Tha' means yor nu's, yor froo' loops, yor BANANAS!"

R.I.P. KAGEROZA. </3 T_T
I am Shi-Orihime Inaba on FailFacebook.

Old June 8th, 2012, 11:50 PM
CarefulWetPaint
Time to Say Goodbye
Community Supporter

Kurui Ima try and help you out in this post:

Maybe you should get some light dumbbells like 1 - 5 kilo ones? and Do curls while sitting in a chair. You could do like 3 reps of 10 on each arm or something like that depending how well you can handle it. Could also do lat raises where you just raise your arms up so they my like a T with the rest of your body, you could do this sitting down. Could do a variation of that where you lift them up infront of your body in the same manner.
How about sitting leg raises? Where you sit in a chair and life your legs up so they are horizontal to the ground, usually this is done weighted by Im sure you dont need weights to do it. Maybe you could get a spin bike and do some cardio on that as you sit down on that or would that be too much strain on your body? (I cant really think of that many things you can do with legs without standing up Im sorry )

Since you only have a low amount of calories a day you only really need to do a low amount of exercises so you dont have to push yourself to hard!
I'll keep trying to think of things but do any of those things seem possible/that theyd help. I think you could do heaps if you got some dumbbells to be honest.

-Edit-
Also guys what else would you want to see in the club? Would you like to see full week routines like what to do on what days? Muscle group specific routines? Fast work out routines that only take like 30 minutes? More nutrition stuff?
Also Do you want me to put each workout in a spoiler to compress the first page a bit more?

Last edited by CarefulWetPaint; June 9th, 2012 at 12:08 AM.
Old June 9th, 2012, 12:49 AM
Kurui
Kageroza's Waifu

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Kurui Send a message via Skype™ to Kurui
I do try to do some things in this chair but I have no good chair, yet.......tomorrow I'm going to try to see if someone won't let me borrow their credit card to buy that twisting cheap chair with resistant bands on it. Because my payPal has a 100$ credit limit I couldn't buy it from there unless someone lets me use their card and pay them instead for it. I just have fail equipment right now >___<;;;

I DID get to lay on the floor and stretches, with a few crunches though it hurt my back horribly bad. And a few leg exercises from just laying/sitting on my floor.

I would more like to see ACTUAL planned out meals per week/month for a GOOD balanced nutrition. Even if my stomach can't handle it maybe after eating balanced for so long, it will grow used to having food in it!
"Yor barmy...."
"o.o What's that?"

R.I.P. KAGEROZA. </3 T_T

Old June 9th, 2012, 02:29 AM
Impo
Vital Spirit
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurui View Post
I would more like to see ACTUAL planned out meals per week/month for a GOOD balanced nutrition. Even if my stomach can't handle it maybe after eating balanced for so long, it will grow used to having food in it!
That sounds nice, but that might be a little hard. I know I need to hire someone to guard my fridge, because mum keeps buying processed food and I keep eating it and I don't like it but I eat it anyway and it makes me sad.

And yay I've ran a total of 101km /streamers

...Let's play a game...
Old June 9th, 2012, 12:16 PM
Kurui
Kageroza's Waifu

Really? I figured all of the really healthy buffs here used meal plans for their nutrition. Or are on some sort of diet where they can share their recipes or just names of foods. ;;; I just thought they'd maybe share what they typically eat in a week/month time.
"Yor barmy...."
"o.o What's that?"

R.I.P. KAGEROZA. </3 T_T

Old June 9th, 2012, 11:10 PM
CarefulWetPaint
Time to Say Goodbye
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Impo View Post

That sounds nice, but that might be a little hard. I know I need to hire someone to guard my fridge, because mum keeps buying processed food and I keep eating it and I don't like it but I eat it anyway and it makes me sad.

And yay I've ran a total of 101km /streamers
Cmon Impo just don't pig out on it it cant be that hard can it!
Yay! Thats fantastic, thats a fantastic effort! Whats your goal distance?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurui View Post
Really? I figured all of the really healthy buffs here used meal plans for their nutrition. Or are on some sort of diet where they can share their recipes or just names of foods. ;;; I just thought they'd maybe share what they typically eat in a week/month time.
Im not a healthy buff who has a meal plan or anything. I just try really hard to not stuff my face with junk food. I would like if someone who does could help out
You could try to just eat healthier food like food that isnt super processed and such but Im not much help here I am sorry. You just got to check that the food you eat isnt really high in processed fats and stuff like that..
Can anyone else help???
Old June 10th, 2012, 11:15 PM
Impo
Vital Spirit
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarefulWetPaint View Post
Cmon Impo just don't pig out on it it cant be that hard can it!
Yay! Thats fantastic, thats a fantastic effort! Whats your goal distance?
I don't have a goal distance, really, just to keep doing it

...Let's play a game...
Old June 12th, 2012, 04:39 AM
CarefulWetPaint
Time to Say Goodbye
Community Supporter

Thought I'd just drop in some photos for reference for myself to capture any progress I make and to see if I can start getting other people to post pictures well here we go:
Spoiler:

Well at least these help you trust in me a bit more with the works outs I put down at least, I'll update probably in a few months to see if theres any noticeable progress!

Can someone please post up a sample diet for us!
Perhaps a paelo one fiOWN?
Old June 12th, 2012, 04:56 AM
Impo
Vital Spirit
Community Supporter

okay so not posting a photo after that asdfghjkl

and how depressing I didn't run yesterday, but I'm going to the gym tomorrow :D !

And my fitness goal is to get a beach body for my holiday to Penang in 6 weeks

...Let's play a game...
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

Advertise here