Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > ROM Hacking > Hacks Studio > Progressing Hacks
Reload this Page Hack of the Month Voting - May 2015

Notices
For all updates, view the main page.

Progressing Hacks The forum for submitting your hack in production. Everyone's welcome, and you may come and find a hack that's starting out or make your own hack. For Pokémon/non-Pokémon hacks.

View Poll Results: Hack of the Month
The Legend of Zelda: Sacred Paradox 49 46.23%
Pokémon Beyond 45 42.45%
Fire Emblem: Bloodlines 12 11.32%
Voters: 106. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old May 1st, 2015 (02:34 PM). Edited May 2nd, 2015 by Spherical Ice.
Team Johto
ModeratorBSCS

Nature: Serious

Hack of the Month Voting - May 2015

This is a monthly ROM Hack contest to promote our community's hacks. ROM Hacking moderators will pick three hacks each month, and you members will have until the next month to vote for your Hack of the Month. The winner hack's thread will be stickied for a month, until the next month's winner is announced. You may suggest hacks you'd like to see in the following month's contest in this thread.

Eligible hacks

Rules

• You may only vote once per month.
  • Asking or bribing others to vote for your hack is not allowed.
  • Creating new accounts to vote multiple times is not allowed and will be dealt with accordingly.
  • Voting is done via the poll not by posting in this thread, votes in the form of posts will not be counted.
  • Don't complain that your hack was not chosen this month.
Old May 1st, 2015 (02:38 PM).
Pokemon: Intel Version
Team Johto

Nature: Adamant
I voted for Pokemon Beyond because i don't like The Legend Of Zelda and i don't like Fire Emblem!

Good luck to all three of the hacks though!
Old May 1st, 2015 (03:00 PM).
Creator of Pokémon: Discovery
Team Sinnoh
Crystal Tier

Nature: Bold
Quote originally posted by TheRealOCD:
I voted for Pokemon Beyond because i don't like The Legend Of Zelda and i don't like Fire Emblem!

Good luck to all three of the hacks though!
true, but just because its a pokemon game, does it mean you like beyond? you haven't tried the pokemon version of legend of zelda. meowth has done a great job so far and the graphics and sounds and everything is completely customized to be like the classic zelda gbas. It's a great game and I don't even like zelda and that's why i choice it as usual!

/// Pokémon: Discovery
/// Pokémon: Fat Kid
/// Tile Insertion Tutorial For AdvanceMap
/// Pokémon Emerald Specials Resource Thread
/// Pokémon Emerald Decapitalization Patch
/// Emerald Titlescreen Cloud Removal Tutorial
/// Tutorial For Fixing Any ROM-related Bug
Old May 1st, 2015 (03:05 PM).
Pokemon: Intel Version
Team Johto

Nature: Adamant
Quote originally posted by Le pug:
true, but just because its a pokemon game, does it mean you like beyond? you haven't tried the pokemon version of legend of zelda. meowth has done a great job so far and the graphics and sounds and everything is completely customized to be like the classic zelda gbas. It's a great game and I don't even like zelda and that's why i choice it as usual!
I DO get what your saying. I have played beyond and i really like it!

All i know is that any Zelda game is not for me.
Old May 1st, 2015 (03:26 PM).
Blaziken ftw
Team Hoenn

Nature: Gentle
Voted for Meowth's hack! He has done so much excellent work on that hack. And, I don't even like LoZ! lol.

Old May 1st, 2015 (03:50 PM).
I'm done with this site. Hmu at PHO
Team Sinnoh

Nature: Lonely
Voted for Sacred Paradox because I LOVE ZELDA. :D And it also looks like an actual Zelda game. It don't really like Fire Emblem, and Beyond, well, I haven't played it yet like I said I would. :/ It's fine tho, but Meowth's hack really stands out.
Old May 1st, 2015 (05:14 PM).
Team Kanto
Silver Tier

I may be wrong, but I remember a mod saying that either all three hacks in the competition would have a release of some sort, or none of them would. Isn't it a bit unfair that 2 hacks have a beta and one doesn't?
Old May 1st, 2015 (08:02 PM). Edited May 2nd, 2015 by Sniper.
ふゆかい
Team Kalos

Nature: Quiet
Meowth's hack. Honestly I have no interest in Zelda games but what It made me wanna vote his hack is his amazing work put into the hack also the passion that keeps him from working. And because of that, It's almost zelda-like and I really love it. Everything really. So yeah, I voted his hack for the great work.

Pokemon Beyond is somehow common to me like its story. Aside that, not much art or effort has been put into the game. I dislike the tree palette changes and the weird placements of the NPC for scripts and stuff. The titlescreen is cute but the text beyond doesn't fit into it. Features was cool. I know this may improve but maybe now's not the time.

Fire emblem: Bloodlines well I'm not really familiar with this game but obviously, I know nothing to point out. But I will play this game but not the hack, but the original one. Also It's rare for people to post different game hacks besides Pokemon so Ghaststation really earns a vote from others.

I think that's it, it wouldn't be fair to just judge the one I voted. So I gave out what I thought to other hacks as well. best of luck to the participants! c:
Old May 1st, 2015 (08:14 PM).
But nothing happened.
Team Johto

Nature: Hasty
Ill vote for Fire Emblem since I like the way the hack is right now! Other candidates for HotM looks awesome too!
|Pokemon FlareRed: Total Reboot!
|
Rom Hacking Beginners Click Here
!
Old May 2nd, 2015 (08:36 AM).
Team Hoenn

I'm voting for Pokemon Beyond because it has potential. The other hacks are pretty cool as well, but I'll stick with the actual pokemon rom hack.

You must edit it to meet the limits set by the rules before you may remove the [sig-reason] code from your signature. Removing this tag will re-enable it.

Do not remove the tag until you fix the issues in your signature. You may be infracted for removing this tag if you do not fix the specified issues. Do not use this tag for decoration purposes.
Old May 2nd, 2015 (10:28 AM).
Team Kalos

Quote originally posted by Portuguesefury:
I'm voting for Pokemon Beyond because it has potential. The other hacks are pretty cool as well, but I'll stick with the actual pokemon rom hack.
Meowths Legend of Zelda hack IS a Pokemon ROM hack

Currently hacking Red - Pokemon TRE2: Team Rocket Edition

PokeTRE.com

Old May 3rd, 2015 (12:08 PM).
Memento Mori
Team Hoenn
Gold Tier

Nature: Calm
Fire Emblem, because it's pretty much the first non-Pokemon that has progressed so far.

Anime List | PSN Trophy List
Old May 4th, 2015 (01:55 PM).
Team Johto
ModeratorBSCS

Just a reminder that you guys can nominate which hacks can be up for next month's Hack of the Month! As long as they've been recently updated.
Old May 4th, 2015 (04:45 PM).
Aussie's Toughest Mudder
Team Kalos

I love Meowth's Hack because I have been into contact and he has dedicated a lot of effort into this hack, especially with the customized music. So there's my vote!

Unfortunately I really like the potential Beyond has, so I wish good luck to the rest!
Old May 6th, 2015 (04:24 PM).
Team Kanto

I gotta go with Meowth's hack. The guy has done such phenomenal work already with setting up everything and hes been through enough of a flogging with being in the running 3 times now. I'm really not much of a zelda guy but with all he has done I'm giving it a shot. Ghast's Fire Emblem hack looks good too. Can't say I'm familiar with the amount of work that a FE hack takes but its gotta be a lot. I've never really played a Fire Emblem game but I'm very much a sucker for an RPG with a good story *blames it on being raised on RPGS*.

Old May 9th, 2015 (04:19 AM).
Team Unova

holy omg loloololol!

I just realized I was nominated whahaha wow this is exciting!!!

AREN'T YOU PROUD OF ME, PC!?!?
Old May 11th, 2015 (05:56 PM).
Tomaru Tochan
Team Sinnoh

Nature: Naive
i voting pokemon beyond
Old May 13th, 2015 (03:13 PM).
Team Unova

Quote originally posted by Mr.Mako:
I gotta go with Meowth's hack. The guy has done such phenomenal work already with setting up everything and hes been through enough of a flogging with being in the running 3 times now. I'm really not much of a zelda guy but with all he has done I'm giving it a shot. Ghast's Fire Emblem hack looks good too. Can't say I'm familiar with the amount of work that a FE hack takes but its gotta be a lot. I've never really played a Fire Emblem game but I'm very much a sucker for an RPG with a good story *blames it on being raised on RPGS*.
thought i'd actually answer this xD
Fire Emblem hacking takes an mega long time because the learning curve is pretty steep and there are a ton of layers that make it more complicated. Having a sensible plot that isn't "lose country, build army, fight bad country" is hard to contrive. Graphically speaking its very hard. Custom Animations and custom portraits are completely different beasts. Even map design is obscenely important, as it directly effects gameplay.

it's much, much easier to hack pokemon lololol. But that's not to snub pokemon hacks, I love the fakemon and the tons of ideas and potential. Makes me very jealous hahaha. Also this community is luv for even giving props to me haha.

AREN'T YOU PROUD OF ME, PC!?!?
Old May 15th, 2015 (01:29 PM).
Rikura Intensifies
Team Unova

Nature: Brave
Fire Emblem and Zelda are a the best hacks in this month, but I prefer the Meowth's hack because have a lot of work inside.

Pokemon Beyon hack need a lot of improvements, and the storyline isn't good for me, sorry for Luxio//hacks.
Old May 15th, 2015 (02:05 PM).
RIP Konami 1969-2015
Team Sinnoh

Nature: Modest
I know that I'm probably taking this a bit too seriously, but I feel I must say this. Whenever there is a competition where people place their votes on something, all voters should be decently acquainted with all entrants. If someone has tried out one hack but not the other two, then that person will be inclined to vote on the thing they tried. It's really only fair if someone has given every hack a spin.

Also, wouldn't this site being one dedicated to Pokémon mean that several people here are biased against non-Pokémon hacks? I'm not qualified to say much about it because I don't play the games, but the Fire Emblem hack looks really well made and polished in my eyes.

I'm not voting for anything, BTW. As I said, I don't play Fire Emblem games and I'm not about to start, so I can't give a fair, unbiased vote.

Who says hacks have to radically changes things up from their base games?
Click Red to check out a "definitive" version of his adventure in Kanto!
Old May 15th, 2015 (02:30 PM).
Citrite, Lapis/Sapphire
Team Unova
Platinum Tier

I know it's not good practice to take a hack's worth out of its screenshots, but I feel the ones in Fire Emblem showcase a lot of cool functionality alongside the good aesthetics. I really feel that the Zelda-Pokémon hack lacked in visual appearance, and besides the typo in one of the screenshots for Pokémon Beyond, I felt like it didn't have enough storyline originality; the whole to do with Pokémon from a Lab and a Professor and everything from the canon is so dull and overused. Citrite and Discovery are examples of hacks with good introductions, IMO.
Pokémon Citrite Version
Old May 16th, 2015 (05:51 AM).
Put On The Red Light!
Team Johto
Silver Tier

Nature: Naughty
I am going with Meowth's LoZ hack, all the freaking way. We've seen so many Pokémon hacks over the years seeking to make a new Pokémon adventure, this is one of the first attempts at a new game and I love it! However, I wish the best of luck to ghaststation and *luxio/hacks* on their games, all of these look good!
Old May 21st, 2015 (10:04 AM).
That's Right!
Team Kanto
Silver Tier

Nature: Impish
Send a message via AIM to Meowth Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Meowth
I appreciate all the votes guys, but I went with Fire Enblem. Ghast has outdone himself with his project.
Old May 25th, 2015 (02:34 PM).
Team Kanto

Quote originally posted by Christos:
Just a reminder that you guys can nominate which hacks can be up for next month's Hack of the Month! As long as they've been recently updated.
Going off this I'm gonna say that sexy piece of hack known as fat kid.

Old May 25th, 2015 (03:52 PM).
US Navy
Team Kalos

i voted for fire emblem! wow, the graphics looks nice and I haven't played it before, excited to try it. Good luck to the others!

Quote originally posted by Mr.Mako:
Going off this I'm gonna say that sexy piece of hack known as fat kid.
i second this! did you see that he has made like 15 maps this month and scripted a lot of them? here's the post that he mentions he did it all: http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?p=8764517#69
Closed Thread
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links