The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > The PokéCommunity Archives > ARCHIVED: Battle Center

Notices

ARCHIVED: Battle Center This forum is designed for all of your Pokémon battling needs! The main forum is meant for discussions, battle requests, battle logs, and other threads related to battling. Look to the sub-forums for events and team help.

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old May 23rd, 2012, 06:14 PM
wolf

We decided to create our own metagame in this thread, and came to an agreement that "PC OU" will be the following:

Spoiler:
Generation: Black and White (Gen 5)
Ban List:

- Moody is banned.

- Everything that's unreleased may be used in PC OU, including Keldeo, Meloetta, Genesect, Dream World abilities, stat boosting berries, Soul Dew, etc.

If you are wondering where you can play PC OU, you can hop on PC's Pokémon Online server and search for a battle. This is the discussion thread for said metagame, so anything related to PC OU goes here. However, RMTs and team help questions still belong in the forum and Simple Q&A Thread respectively. Hope you have fun battling in the new metagame!

(I will edit this with more stuff later. I can also use a song title like Smogon does, but I thought it would be too cheesy.)
Old May 23rd, 2012, 06:49 PM
tj4bigred
Instant Classic

Nature: Quiet
Not a legitimate suggestion really, but I think we can expect to see Darkrai, Deoxys(A/S), Skymin, and Manaphy considered for banning. They may be at or below the threshold we set for stats, but they are just dominant Pokemon.

Also, Soul Dew makes Lati@s as powerful as some of those Pokes on the ban list.

I'm not suggesting anything to ban yet; these are just a few predictions we can expect to see, I think.
Old May 23rd, 2012, 07:54 PM
Antebellum
One Word Extinguisher
Community Supporter

Nature: Adamant
um id like to advocate for the banning of all r1 suspects as tj has already mentioned, as well as Aldarons proposal. If you look at the r1 results thread, these Pokemon were considered to be extremely broken by the voting populace, looking at the super majorities for each Pkmn http://www.smogon.com/forums/showthr...t=84270&page=3, Deoxys-A, Darkrai and Shaymin-S [unanimous] were all voted to be banned with over 90% of the voters wanting them out of the ou meta, which honestly speaks volumes of their brokenness since top players can usually adjust to any threat in a metagame and the fact that they were so vehemently evicted from the metagame where so many other controversial suspects existed. Aldarons proposal and Deoxys-N are questionable as they both got around 72% in support of banning/being put into effect but given the metagame conditions at the time and the fact that they existed during a chaotic period of the metagame like the aforementioned suspects yet still earned a supermajority. The fact that Aldarons proposal even exists shows that it balances rain and diversifies the metagame by promoting new types of rain offense instead of mindless swift swim spam, as well as Rain Stall. I also think Manaphy is worthy of a ban given that Tail Glow is now +3 and rain boosts all its attacks but I think thats overdoing it a bit.

paired to kaori & vrai
Old May 24th, 2012, 11:59 AM
Dark Azelf
ThisWillBeTheEndOfEveryth ing.
Community Supporter

Nature: Impish
As i said on the server, nothing will be banned until the metagame has been played sufficiently so everyone can gauge a clear opinion on what is and isnt broken. EVERYTHING will be given a fair test you have no idea what is and isnt broken with all the DW abilities and mons released, this is a fresh start on OU so nothing smogon did holds water AT ALL in PC OU period. Its frankly a closed minded way to think at this point. =\ Plus its essentially theorymon. Play it alot then say what you want banned. Im not saying some of those pokes wont get banned but please at least play the metagame before drawing conclusions.
Pair x [23:25] =Sanguine: take meh with your mighty staff
Old May 24th, 2012, 06:11 PM
Anti
I forgive you, Chris Bosh.

Nature: Serious
Yeah agreeing with D_A...especially since maybe the time to protest was before when we were still crafting it? ...Just sayin'.

Anyway, I feel like even if we ban a lot of stuff anyway, there is some fun in determining it all for ourselves.

~wolf: defeated every lead except elf :>
d_a-bread house: what about metagross
~wolf: ok that too
Old May 28th, 2012, 11:08 AM
Dark Azelf
Community Supporter

Before this goes into the "failed" project category, this is a precaution. We NEED to push this off the ground and encourage ladder play right now essentially.
Old May 28th, 2012, 12:51 PM
DispenserJustice
Beginning Trainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Azelf View Post
Before this goes into the "failed" project category, this is a precaution. We NEED to push this off the ground and encourage ladder play right now essentially.
Yeah, I think we need to actually discuss the metagame here in the thread so people at least notice it. Talk about checks and stuff you've found.

One thing I've noticed is that Genesect DOES NOT make a good dual screener!
Old May 28th, 2012, 02:25 PM
Dark Azelf
Community Supporter

Well i was thinking more pro PC metagame propaganda. I.e advertise on PC in announcement, threads, on the server make people want to play it.

How is Genesect though ? I havent used it, wanting to though. Seems kinda trap bait with Chandelure/Magnezone around. :/

It is incredibly fun metagame though. Anything that is was powerful (bar a few exceptions) seems to be able to be checked by other things quite well, whilst not being utterly useless at the same time. I also like how you ave alot more options to choose from to counter and check threats and not be forced to use garbage like Sableye, Sp.Def Scizor etc if you dont like losing to Reuniclus.

As i predicted, Breloom is another wonderful Excadrill check now it has Tech. Its that powerful it can even run shed shell to eliminate the risk of being switched in on by Shadow Tag Chandelure. =) Also Darkrai doesnt seem that threatening this round at all having used it, all it does it sleep something and then get forced out by something faster p much lol. =/

I have a few opinions of what is overpowered at the moment, but i want to see everyone elses opinions.

Last edited by Dark Azelf; May 28th, 2012 at 02:33 PM.
Old May 28th, 2012, 06:03 PM
DispenserJustice
Beginning Trainer

From the few battles I've seen, Genesect is used primarily for scouting with U-turns. Even my dual screening Genesect carried U-turn. The other slots are special moves like Ice Beam, Bug Buzz, Flamethrower, etc. Download gives him a lot of raw power no matter what attack you choose as he can pick from both physical and special movesets. I'd like to see an Expert Belt Genesect used, too, cause that'd actually be pretty good.
Old May 28th, 2012, 11:00 PM
Vrai
can you feel my heart?

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Vrai
Quote:
Also Darkrai doesnt seem that threatening this round at all having used it, all it does it sleep something and then get forced out by something faster p much lol. =/

I have a few opinions of what is overpowered at the moment, but i want to see everyone elses opinions.
I have yet to play our fancy meta yet but what is faster than base 125 Speed? Scarfers? Getting Scarfers out of the way doesn't seem like a problem and kinda lets you set up a clean sweep. I'll work on building a team around Darkrai later.
Old May 29th, 2012, 04:03 AM
Gonzo
RNG Sommelier
Community Supporter

Nature: Brave
OMG, this looks interesting!

I don't think Darkrai will be a huge treat. Some lower tiers Pokemon counter it very well, Primeape can be a good example.

In my opinion, Manaphy can be broken. Hydration, great bulk, Tail Glow... it hurts when thinking of it ;x

Anyway, not a fan of PO, but I'll try to play this wicked game.

クリムガン
It races through narrow caves, using its sharp claws to catch prey. The skin on its face is harder than a rock.

PokéCommunity Supporter Collab

Pair | Family
Old May 29th, 2012, 04:29 AM
Forever
let it go

Yeah uh on Manaphy...

Spoiler:
Battle between Ignite and GonzoPL started!

Rule: Unrated
Rule: Sleep Clause
Rule: Freeze Clause
Rule: No Timeout
Rule: Species Clause
Rule: Self-KO Clause

Ignite sent out Politoed!
GonzoPL sent out Politoed!
GonzoPL's Politoed's Drizzle made it rain!

Start of turn 1
GonzoPL called Politoed back!
GonzoPL sent out Manaphy!

Politoed used Protect!
But if failed!

Rain continues to fall!

Start of turn 2
Ignite called Politoed back!
Ignite sent out Jellicent!

GonzoPL's Manaphy used Tail Glow!
GonzoPL's Manaphy's Sp. Att. drastically rose!

Rain continues to fall!

Start of turn 3
GonzoPL's Manaphy used Energy Ball!
It's super effective!
A critical hit!
Jellicent lost 403 HP! (100% of its health)
Jellicent fainted!

Rain continues to fall!
Ignite sent out Tangrowth!

GonzoPL: this tier is a mistake tbh

Start of turn 4

Tangrowth used Giga Drain!
It's super effective!
GonzoPL's Manaphy lost 43% of its health!
Ignite: lol
GonzoPL's Manaphy had its energy drained!

Rain continues to fall!
GonzoPL's Manaphy restored a little HP using its Leftovers!

Start of turn 5
GonzoPL's Manaphy used Scald!
It's not very effective...
Tangrowth lost 403 HP! (100% of its health)
Tangrowth fainted!

Rain continues to fall!
GonzoPL: see?
Ignite sent out Chansey!

Ignite: ummmmmm
GonzoPL: this is gonna be cool Xd

Start of turn 6
Chansey lost 367 HP! (52% of its health)
Ignite: ****

Chansey used Seismic Toss!
GonzoPL's Manaphy lost 24% of its health!

Rain continues to fall!

Start of turn 7
Chansey lost 337 HP! (47% of its health)
Chansey fainted!

Rain continues to fall!
Ignite sent out Electivire!

GonzoPL: please post the log
Ignite: lol okay

Start of turn 8
Electivire used Wild Charge!
It's super effective!
GonzoPL's Manaphy lost 56% of its health!
GonzoPL's Manaphy fainted!
Electivire is hit with recoil!

Rain continues to fall!
GonzoPL sent out Kabutops!

Start of turn 9
GonzoPL's Kabutops used Waterfall!
Electivire lost 234 HP! (80% of its health)
Electivire fainted!

Rain continues to fall!
Ignite sent out Politoed!

Start of turn 10
GonzoPL called Kabutops back!
GonzoPL sent out Wobbuffet!

Politoed used Hypnosis!
GonzoPL's Wobbuffet fell asleep!

Rain continues to fall!

Start of turn 11
Politoed used Scald!
GonzoPL's Wobbuffet lost 25% of its health!

GonzoPL's Wobbuffet is fast asleep!

Rain continues to fall!
GonzoPL's Wobbuffet restored a little HP using its Leftovers!

Start of turn 12
Politoed used Scald!
GonzoPL's Wobbuffet lost 28% of its health!

GonzoPL's Wobbuffet woke up!
GonzoPL's Wobbuffet used Encore!
Politoed received an encore!

Rain continues to fall!

Start of turn 13
Politoed used Scald!
GonzoPL's Wobbuffet lost 25% of its health!

GonzoPL's Wobbuffet used Mirror Coat!
Politoed lost 302 HP! (94% of its health)

Rain continues to fall!
Politoed restored a little HP using its Leftovers!

Start of turn 14
Politoed used Scald!
A critical hit!
GonzoPL's Wobbuffet lost 39% of its health!
GonzoPL's Wobbuffet fainted!

Rain continues to fall!
Politoed restored a little HP using its Leftovers!

Ignite: SORRY

Start of turn 15
GonzoPL's Kabutops used Superpower!
Politoed lost 59 HP! (18% of its health)
Politoed fainted!
GonzoPL's Kabutops's Attack fell!
GonzoPL's Kabutops's Defense fell!

Rain continues to fall!
GonzoPL: np
Ignite sent out Scizor!

Start of turn 16
GonzoPL called Kabutops back!
GonzoPL sent out Espeon!

Scizor used Superpower!
GonzoPL's Espeon lost 54% of its health!
Scizor's Attack fell!
Scizor's Defense fell!

Rain continues to fall!

Start of turn 17
GonzoPL's Espeon used Reflect!
Reflect raised GonzoPL's team defense!

Scizor used Superpower!
GonzoPL's Espeon lost 18% of its health!
Scizor's Attack fell!
Scizor's Defense fell!

Rain continues to fall!

Start of turn 18
GonzoPL's Espeon used Hidden Power!
Scizor lost 86 HP! (25% of its health)

Scizor used Superpower!
GonzoPL's Espeon lost 14% of its health!
Scizor's Attack fell!
Scizor's Defense fell!

Rain continues to fall!

Start of turn 19
GonzoPL's Espeon used Hidden Power!
Scizor lost 77 HP! (22% of its health)

Scizor used Superpower!
GonzoPL's Espeon lost 11% of its health!
Scizor's Attack fell!
Scizor's Defense fell!

Rain continues to fall!

Start of turn 20
GonzoPL's Espeon used Psyshock!
Scizor lost 166 HP! (48% of its health)

Scizor used Superpower!
GonzoPL's Espeon lost 0% of its health!
GonzoPL's Espeon fainted!
Scizor's Attack fell!
Scizor's Defense fell!

Rain continues to fall!

Start of turn 21
GonzoPL's Kabutops used Aqua Jet!
Scizor lost 14 HP! (4% of its health)
Scizor fainted!

GonzoPL won the battle!
Ignite: gg bb ;)

My team isn't even for PC OU, but... when it can do that to even Chansey that isn't really a good thing imo and just adds towards why if something with so much special defense is destroyed by it with a 2HKO, yeaaah.
Old May 29th, 2012, 06:42 AM
Dark Azelf
Community Supporter

@ Vrai, things like Scizor, Genesect, Swift Swimmers, Exca, Tech Breloom, Iron Fist Conk and thats only the tip of the iceberg make it extremely hard for Darkrai to sweep in this meta. Plus you have revenge killers like Deoxys about.

@ Nica, not to be rude but i dont get what that log proves. Vaporeon can do EXACTLY the same thing to Chansey with Work Up and Hydration. Alot of things (even special) beat Chansey because its highly set up fodder so i mean. :X

Anyway ill be on the server later today because my laptop plug decided to melt so im back on this old slow ass PC until i get a new one woo. -__-
Old May 29th, 2012, 10:13 AM
Vrai
can you feel my heart?

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Vrai
Quote:
@ Vrai, things like Scizor, Genesect, Swift Swimmers, Exca, Tech Breloom, Iron Fist Conk and thats only the tip of the iceberg make it extremely hard for Darkrai to sweep in this meta. Plus you have revenge killers like Deoxys about.

@ Nica, not to be rude but i dont get what that log proves. Vaporeon can do EXACTLY the same thing to Chansey with Work Up and Hydration. Alot of things (even special) beat Chansey because its highly set up fodder so i mean. :X

Anyway ill be on the server later today because my laptop plug decided to melt so im back on this old slow ass PC until i get a new one woo. -__-
Ah ok I see what you mean. Still, I think it's certainly work a try.

Also @ Chansey: Chansey loses to like every prominent special attacker in this meta. Chandelure lols and sets up CMs on it because it can't do jack, Serperior just Leaf Storms it up to +6, Darkrai 2HKOs it with Focus Blast at +2/can put it to sleep and force it out, etc.
Old May 29th, 2012, 12:08 PM
wolf

Quote:
Well i was thinking more pro PC metagame propaganda. I.e advertise on PC in announcement, threads, on the server make people want to play it.
Well, I'm planning a little surprise that will begin at the start of Community Night which will hopefully make people want to play it.

Anyway, I personally haven't had a chance to play PC OU yet, but that will change soon.

Edit: After a few battles, my first impression is that the metagame is surprisingly balanced considering how many Pokémon we unbanned. Like Elf said on the server, they balance each other out it seems. The only Pokémon that stick out as overpowered is Deoxys-A (and Deoxys?) so far, since they can only be defeated by revenge killing. I think it's safe to say that we will end up banning them. I'll have to battle some more to get a better feel for the metagame though. Oh, and I forgot about Swift Swimmers; those are riddikulus.

By the way, people need to battle/ladder more. Battling Elf over and over is getting old!

Last edited by wolf; May 29th, 2012 at 07:49 PM.
Old May 30th, 2012, 08:30 AM
Dark Azelf
Community Supporter

Im still on the fence about Deoxys-A, it does have counters but people simple arent using them. Bronzong, Jirachi and Metagross and bulky psychics most notably amongst others. All are useful Pokemon in this metagame, Bronzong beats Exca and Skymin and Jirachi beats Lati@s and Skymin to an extent. There is also revenge killing but thats always been sucky tbh but its available and there are MANY options for priority and p much all of them will KO. It really does struggle getting in and if thats the case it wont get kills. This is by using D-A aswell as facing it.

As for swift swimmers, im more inclined to agree but the teams that struggle with them dont have a weather changer or Gastrodon or a counter etc.

Quote:
By the way, people need to battle/ladder more. Battling Elf over and over is getting old!
This ^

You people want diversity and a fun metagame right ? Then play this, its ALOT more fun than p much any other tier out there right now and isnt stale.

Last edited by Dark Azelf; May 30th, 2012 at 08:49 AM.
Old June 3rd, 2012, 11:12 AM
wolf

I agree with you on Deoxys-A for now. At first I thought the standard moveset used HP Fire, but I guess not. It has to deal with moveslot syndrome.

But as for why I'm posting...

Spoiler:
Battle between GonzoPL and Bolin started!

Rule: Wifi Battle

Your team: Breloom / Heatran / Heracross / Skarmory / Jirachi / Latias

Opponent's team: Forretress / Politoed / Manaphy / Kabutops / Espeon / Thundurus

Bolin sent out Latias!

Start of turn 1

Latias used Surf!

GonzoPL's Politoed lost 30% of its health!

GonzoPL's Politoed used Perish Song!

All Pokémon hearing the song will faint in three turns!

Rain continues to fall!

GonzoPL's Politoed restored a little HP using its Leftovers!

Latias's perish count fell to 3.

GonzoPL's Politoed's perish count fell to 3.

Start of turn 2

Latias used Dragon Pulse!

GonzoPL's Manaphy lost 50% of its health!

Rain continues to fall!

Latias's perish count fell to 2.

Start of turn 3

Bolin called Latias back!

Bolin sent out Breloom!

GonzoPL's Manaphy used Rest!

GonzoPL's Manaphy went to sleep and became healthy!

Rain continues to fall!

GonzoPL's Manaphy's Hydration heals its status!

Start of turn 4

GonzoPL called Manaphy back!

GonzoPL sent out Forretress!

Bolin called Breloom back!

Bolin sent out Latias!

Rain continues to fall!

Start of turn 5

Bolin sent out Heatran!

GonzoPL's Forretress used Stealth Rock!

Pointed stones float in the air around Bolin's team!

Rain continues to fall!

Start of turn 6

GonzoPL called Forretress back!

Heatran used Toxic!

GonzoPL's Manaphy was badly poisoned!

Rain continues to fall!

Start of turn 7

Bolin called Heatran back!

Bolin sent out Latias!

Pointed stones dug into Latias!

Rain continues to fall!

Start of turn 8

Latias lost 85 HP! (27% of its health)

Rain continues to fall!

Start of turn 9

GonzoPL's Manaphy lost 49% of its health!

Rain continues to fall!

Start of turn 10

Latias used Recover!

Latias regained health!

Rain continues to fall!

Start of turn 11

Latias lost 156 HP! (49% of its health)

Rain continues to fall!

Start of turn 12

GonzoPL's Manaphy lost 46% of its health!

Rain continues to fall!

Start of turn 13

Latias lost 157 HP! (50% of its health)

Rain continues to fall!

Start of turn 14

Latias used Recover!

Latias regained health!

Latias lost 149 HP! (47% of its health)

Latias was burned!

Rain continues to fall!

Latias is hurt by its burn!

Latias fainted!

Bolin: okay

Bolin: manaphy is broken

Bolin: haha

Bolin sent out Breloom!

Pointed stones dug into Breloom!

Start of turn 15

Breloom lost 304 HP! (93% of its health)

Breloom fainted!

Rain continues to fall!

GonzoPL: yes it is

Bolin sent out Jirachi!

Pointed stones dug into Jirachi!

Start of turn 16

Jirachi used Wish!

Jirachi lost 379 HP! (93% of its health)

Jirachi fainted!

Rain continues to fall!

Bolin sent out Heracross!

Pointed stones dug into Heracross!

Start of turn 17

Heracross lost 319 HP! (87% of its health)

Heracross fainted!

Rain continues to fall!

Bolin sent out Heatran!

Pointed stones dug into Heatran!

Start of turn 18

It's super effective!

Heatran lost 338 HP! (87% of its health)

Heatran fainted!

Rain continues to fall!

Bolin sent out Skarmory!

Pointed stones dug into Skarmory!

Start of turn 19

Skarmory lost 293 HP! (87% of its health)

Skarmory fainted!

GonzoPL won the battle!

Bolin: good game

(pardon the spaces)

This is ridiculous. I am using Soul Dew Modest Max SpA Latias, and even that loses to Manaphy one-on-one. I swapped it for Latios now, but I would have thought SD Latias would counter, or at least check, Manaphy. ;\ I guess I could use Thunderbolt or Thunder just for Manaphy, but my other moveslots are filled. I don't think teams should be forced to use a weather changer not named Politoed either.

Oh, and everyone should look at this, which should make it easier to find PC OU battles.

Last edited by wolf; June 3rd, 2012 at 11:33 AM.
Old June 3rd, 2012, 03:59 PM
Dark Azelf
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolflare View Post
I agree with you on Deoxys-A for now. At first I thought the standard moveset used HP Fire, but I guess not. It has to deal with moveslot syndrome.

But as for why I'm posting...

Spoiler:
Battle between GonzoPL and Bolin started!

Rule: Wifi Battle

Your team: Breloom / Heatran / Heracross / Skarmory / Jirachi / Latias

Opponent's team: Forretress / Politoed / Manaphy / Kabutops / Espeon / Thundurus

Bolin sent out Latias!

Start of turn 1

Latias used Surf!

GonzoPL's Politoed lost 30% of its health!

GonzoPL's Politoed used Perish Song!

All Pokémon hearing the song will faint in three turns!

Rain continues to fall!

GonzoPL's Politoed restored a little HP using its Leftovers!

Latias's perish count fell to 3.

GonzoPL's Politoed's perish count fell to 3.

Start of turn 2

Rain continues to fall!

Latias's perish count fell to 2.

Start of turn 3

Bolin sent out Breloom!

Rain continues to fall!

Start of turn 4

GonzoPL called Manaphy back!

GonzoPL sent out Forretress!

Bolin called Breloom back!

Bolin sent out Latias!

Rain continues to fall!

Start of turn 5

Bolin sent out Heatran!

GonzoPL's Forretress used Stealth Rock!

Pointed stones float in the air around Bolin's team!

Rain continues to fall!

Start of turn 6

GonzoPL called Forretress back!

Heatran used Toxic!

GonzoPL's Manaphy was badly poisoned!

Rain continues to fall!

Start of turn 7

Bolin called Heatran back!

Bolin sent out Latias!

Pointed stones dug into Latias!

Rain continues to fall!

Start of turn 8

Latias lost 85 HP! (27% of its health)

Rain continues to fall!

Start of turn 9

Rain continues to fall!

Start of turn 10

Latias used Recover!

Latias regained health!

Rain continues to fall!

Start of turn 11

Latias lost 156 HP! (49% of its health)

Rain continues to fall!

Start of turn 12

GonzoPL's Manaphy lost 46% of its health!

Rain continues to fall!

Start of turn 13

Latias lost 157 HP! (50% of its health)

Rain continues to fall!

Start of turn 14

Latias used Recover!

Latias regained health!

Latias lost 149 HP! (47% of its health)

Latias was burned!

Rain continues to fall!

Latias is hurt by its burn!

Latias fainted!

Bolin: okay

Bolin: manaphy is broken

Bolin: haha

Bolin sent out Breloom!

Pointed stones dug into Breloom!

Start of turn 15

Breloom lost 304 HP! (93% of its health)

Breloom fainted!

Rain continues to fall!

GonzoPL: yes it is

Bolin sent out Jirachi!

Pointed stones dug into Jirachi!

Start of turn 16

Jirachi used Wish!

Jirachi lost 379 HP! (93% of its health)

Jirachi fainted!

Rain continues to fall!

Bolin sent out Heracross!

Pointed stones dug into Heracross!

Start of turn 17

Heracross lost 319 HP! (87% of its health)

Heracross fainted!

Rain continues to fall!

Bolin sent out Heatran!

Pointed stones dug into Heatran!

Start of turn 18

It's super effective!

Heatran lost 338 HP! (87% of its health)

Heatran fainted!

Rain continues to fall!

Bolin sent out Skarmory!

Pointed stones dug into Skarmory!

Start of turn 19

Skarmory lost 293 HP! (87% of its health)

Skarmory fainted!

GonzoPL won the battle!

Bolin: good game

(pardon the spaces)

This is ridiculous. I am using Soul Dew Modest Max SpA Latias, and even that loses to Manaphy one-on-one. I swapped it for Latios now, but I would have thought SD Latias would counter, or at least check, Manaphy. ;\ I guess I could use Thunderbolt or Thunder just for Manaphy, but my other moveslots are filled. I don't think teams should be forced to use a weather changer not named Politoed either.

Oh, and everyone should look at this, which should make it easier to find PC OU battles.
Well Latias was using unboosted Dragon Pulse which also loses to Hydro Rest Vaporeon who takes hits BETTER on the special side than Manaphy does so i kinda dont get the log as anywhere it said Manaphy could of said Vaporeon too. :X Sure it doesnt get Tail Glow but it can still set up Work Up on you. If you had CM or Roar or something more powerful on the set you would of beaten Manaphy as SD Lati@s is one of THE best Manaphy counters in the entire game.

Last edited by Dark Azelf; June 3rd, 2012 at 04:05 PM.
Old June 3rd, 2012, 04:34 PM
wolf

Well, there's nothing more powerful than Dragon Pulse or Thunderbolt sans Draco Meteor, and Manaphy can probably absorb a hit and Rest until Latias has -6 Special Attack. SD Lati@s needs Calm Mind and Roar or it loses to Manaphy it seems.
Old June 3rd, 2012, 08:36 PM
Antebellum
One Word Extinguisher
Community Supporter

Bronzong, Jirachi and Metagross

jirachi is the only one that can recover and theres a good chance they cant always come in thanks to repeated damage and hazards

paired to kaori & vrai
Old June 19th, 2012, 04:19 PM
Dark Azelf
Community Supporter

Well a mod might aswell close this, grats to reg users ONCE AGAIN for being useless. You said you'd play this but no, only me and wolf have played it thus far and like two other people. People moaning and whining about "Oh i dont want D-A in the metagame" HINT: If you played it maybe the metagame would develop and we could get bans done ? Really the guys who call yourself regs should be ashamed, wolf, myself etc have tried to get this off the ground and all we get met with is BS, wolf also posts a tourney and like 4 people join. JEEZ I WONDER WHY PO/CBC ISNT ACTIVE ? Dont even get me started on the main forum, platdude posts more than our "regs" combined. Our regs now are absolutely awful, not even gonna sugar coat it. ._____________________.

EDIT:

(01:27) Anti: "our userbase is too damn lazy to care anyway"

^

Last edited by Dark Azelf; June 19th, 2012 at 04:29 PM.
Old June 19th, 2012, 05:00 PM
wolf

Well, to liven things up around here I'll start a team building competition. The idea is that I'll pick a Pokémon, and see who can create the best team including said Pokémon. Your team doesn't need to be based on the Pokémon with the entire team focused on supporting it; you just need to include it in your team. We're going to start with...

Discuss, be creative, post teams you like, have fun, etc. Oh, and members can collaborate and make joint teams if they want to.

Fun fact: Rough Skin + Rocky Helmet + Sandstorm damage totaled is 34%. With Stealth Rock damage included it's 46%, and with both SR and three layers of Spikes it's 71% (OUCH).

Last edited by wolf; June 19th, 2012 at 05:12 PM.
Old June 19th, 2012, 05:24 PM
Plasmette
Master of Mediocrity.

HAH! Already lovin' this! I can at last use Keldeo and Blaziken...
Do these apply for normal DS play too?
Old June 19th, 2012, 05:32 PM
wolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Plasmette View Post
Well, you likely won't find anyone to battle with, since this is primarily for Pokémon Online. If you can find someone willing to play under these rules, then sure!
Old June 19th, 2012, 05:48 PM
Antebellum
One Word Extinguisher
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Plasmette View Post
yea just install pokemon online and look for the pokecommunity server and you'll find it

also if this is going to be balanced I really think we should ban r1 suspects or at least deo-a manaphy darkrai

paired to kaori & vrai

Last edited by Antebellum; June 19th, 2012 at 06:11 PM.

Quick Reply

Sponsored Links